(2010/03) Mar 2010 BTB

thommy

Mei: welcome here! where do u prefer like what Darrel said? let us know cos some of us may have the packages u want for 2010.

yuki_81

Hi all, I'm looking at around 35 tables (on Sunday) and my preferred hotels would be the following:
Marriott (they have a min. table of 40 though)
Mandarin Oriental
Intercontinental
Pan Pacific
Any of you have good/ bad experiences with the above hotels? Where did you all choose yours?

thommy

on weekend? then u better start looking, weekend dates are very "hot" with most hotels, by now a lot wld have been booked.

ur list are all hotels in orchard/marina areas, price will be high. U got budget? these hotels minimum also ard 1k per table...

I'm with NCQ, affordable and yet can provide me with what I'm looking for. Best of all, away from town areas so potential of jams less likely there.

darrelandgeri

Marriot - 1028 (table of 10)
Pan Pac - 1058 (table of 10)
Oriental - 938 (friday) 1138 (weekend) (table of 10)

I don't have the rates for intercontinental.

Marriot rates may be inaccurate, cos the date i asked was a auspicious date, and they do charge extra for that.

When we went to pan pac, the coordinator was a bit inflexible with the perks, so it depends on who you end up talking to. But 35 tables, may not be enough for their main ballroom.

Oriental was our first choice hotel, but totally our of the budget, and we were not looking at the friday option. After the ++ part, per table is 1339.

My wife and I picked Conrad.

deerixp

Darrel: yalor. I am ok. coz having 54 poses is gd le.. and having 18 GREAT shots is good enuff for mi le..

imagine if i spend the same money on top up.. only have 10+ poses at 1-stop studio... and based on feedback.. my bridal room is not pushy.. tt's one of the main reason y i sign with them.. at least they make couples comfortable. =)

deerixp

thomas: u choosing ur VG le? let me know if u having gd lobang... hee

my bro-in-law goin to intro one to me.. think he quite pro also.. his friend.. hopefully he can give mi special rate which i can afford.

darrelandgeri

deerixp > I agree that 18 great photos is good enuff. When is your shoot scheduled ? ...

mine will probably be in dec. Have to depend ask my BS when the gown can be ready. I'm worried about the Dec weather.

thommy

deeri: not yet, still sourcing. Will let u know once we have shortlisted hehe. Any budget range to work at?

darrel: my PS will be sometime in Sep I think, wife's MTM WG will only start making in May cos we didn't want our BS to make too early, AD still far away and the risk of discolouration is there. Try not to do PS during Nov/Dec, high chances weather will not be forgiving.

deerixp

Darrel: we have not really decide.. it's either Sept or Dec or us i think.. quite busy period in year end for us. =)

Jalene: i went to meritius mandarin show which tied up with the bridal so managed to negotiate poses.

aec

Sorry...just back to town.
Jalene, please send to my email: [email protected]

Anybody has good recommendation for restaurant that located in a hotel? Normally they have package for us to stay in the hotel room right?

120 per pic for top up is consider expensive right? Mine is 80 per pic. I took up the package with JWN. Anybody interested can let me know, I can intro my coordinator to you ;)

deerixp

Barbie Girl: Club Chinos in Orchard Parade Hotel should be considered restaurant in hotel and they have affordable rates i think.

Hmm.. my Bridal Studio top up is also around 80 per piece.. but Chris Ling is different.. so i think 120 is reasonable. hope i dun top up for both my bridal studio and chris ling albums...

darrelandgeri

deerixp > did u check out the photos on chris' blog ? i think I'll opt for a more high-fashion type of shooting style. Arvinna told us to check it out, then let chris know.

aec

Thanks deerixp! Will call them up and check with them.

Thomas, your banquet also 20 tables? Which hotel? can share with me?

lovebethere

Hi All, my bf just proposed to me, we getting married 2010, but not sure the date.. quite lost, where to start planning? anyone can guide me?

eevee

anyone considering orchard parade hotel?

Wedding Banquet deposit to sell:
Venue: Antica Ballroom @ orchard parade hotel
wedding date: 16 Jan 2010 or any date in 2010
Selling package deposit($2140-negotiable). You can still negotiate a new wedding package to what you want. Interested buyer please email [email protected]

darrelandgeri

lovebethere > the first step is to decide on a date which you want to be married. then search for a venue.

If you want auspicious date, then go see a geomancer
happy.gif

After that, tell both side parents to write out a guest list. Of the absolute minimum number of people that need to invite, then search for venue. After venue is decided, then the battle is 20% done
happy.gif

The venue is the toughest.

aec

Darrel - must we write out the guest list first? I just checked with my MIL verbally and she said 20 is good for both side. So i just look for 20 to 23 tables venue. I hope i'm on the right track...

Thomas - I went to the wedding show at NCQ. The wedding planner quite unfriendly.

thommy

Barbie: who attended to u? guy or girl? the one who attended to me was Mico during BOWS, but she's not from banquet side but rather from corporate side, they have to help out also during wedding shows.

Let me know if u are interested, I can give u my coordinator's email, she's quite ok so far.

darrelandgeri

barbie > well, its good to have. prevents complications later, like when you book a venue for 20 tables, and after that, ur parents add a few, your in laws add a few. then the venue is no longer big enough, so u either have to cut your own guests, or find a bigger venue. Parents always have a way of finding more people to invite.
sad.gif

deerixp

Thomas: haha.. for mi is to get near 40 tables can le.. keep it tt size.. haha.. the ballroom can max 65.. tt's alot!!

thommy

40 to me is also a lot...haahahhaa...imagine going to every table to smile and take pics with them....face also cramped ah...

darrelandgeri

thomas > if you want, i can check with my printer if they do those life size photo cut out stands ... like those used for movie promos in cinemas.

then all u need is to make one with your wife, then get ur brothers to move it table to table. Just put there, then get everyone to stand in front of the stand, voila ! group photo. you can sit down and enjoy your lunch while your stand is being moved around. =P

Maybe print 2 got better price. then you can have one at the reception table for those impromptu photos. =P

fenfen

Hi.

my wedding is in march 2010 too. just confirmed my venue at grand copthorne waterfront. was thinking of looking for those confetti gun. any one know where to get one? thanks in advance

deerixp

yup.. it's less than 1 year!!! although we seem to start early... haha.. but felt that we din prepare much.. haha

darrelandgeri

*jitters* looking forward to my AD too !.. but got something closer thats happening =)

actually still a lot to do i guess. gown, shoot, guest list, invitations, GDL...

ok ... now i'm not so looking forward to it.

deerixp

Fanny: i am on 28 march. around a week later than urs. Cheers! Who's ur coordinator? I am with elizabeth. =)