(2010/03) Mar 2010 BTB

thommy

wow another NCQ customer! Welcome back nat!

do remember to give us ur FR after ur wedding is over at the NCQ thread ya?

natelyn

opps, sld be mar'10 bride..haha, thomas, ur wedding 1 day after me rem? yes yes, i'll sure give my feedback...

natelyn

btw, any one taking The Aisle BS? Like some feed back, if any cos i sign with them yesterday but having some after sales jitters...

thommy

nat: yahor, hahahahhaha...tot u were someone else cos u put 09 March mah lol

u went to Suntec wedding show yest to sign up with them? why the jitters?

maybe can check out The Aisle thread over at Bridal Boutiques section for feedback?

natelyn

hahha..i knew u misread my typo..

well, din sign up at suntec. went over to the boutique to sign up..overall a good experience. Just that i wonder if we signed in a bit too quickly, without much research & also I also like another bs as well so a bit torn in btw.

I guess we decided to sign cos we feel comfortable with e ppl, and it's the only other bs that FH likes the gowns on me and the package is kinder to the wallet.

thommy

hmm actually we also signed up with our BS on the spur of the moment, hope we won't regret it next time though. Didn't plan to sign up at all initially, wanted to go recce first do homework, little did we know that the moment we stepped in, we cld only come out 4hrs later hahahahaa....

ur BS will be fine dun worry

thommy

Please don't spam Gene, posting at WTS section will do, otherwise mods will come after you or even suspend your account. Thanks.

thommy

Gene,

It's at the bottom of the home page of this forum, "Marketplace and Exchange Corner". Just post there will do, don't spam in every subforum.

aec

Hello all!
Can I join in? My wedding at March too
happy.gif

all done except dinner venue...still looking around.

darrelandgeri

Hi !

I'm the groom. Sharing this acct with my wife. My wedding is in march too.

We've already settled our venue, and a stressful exercise that was.

The trick was to get both our parents to sit down and write out their guest lists of the absolute minimum of people they could live with, and we start searching using the number.

Then we got bounced around by our parents because of the auspicious dates, then again with the budget. Quite a stressful experience.

I guess one key factor in budgeting is how much are you expecting to lose from the wedding. We can't assume that we're break even, and we're trying to get the wedding done without our parents $ assistance.

thommy

Hi darrel,

glad u got ur venue sorted out...it's stressful but fun too, at least I enjoyed the process with my wife
happy.gif

where's ur venue? to break even if very, very lucky...most of the time u will make a loss...only a matter of how much

darrelandgeri

Hi thomas,

we picked conrad
happy.gif
after looking at a few. We initially wanted to have ours in Dec 09, but we started looking too late, and all the ones we wanted were taken. After moving it to march, we just picked the first one in the list to save ourselves the frustration of starting the search again. The good thing was we could 'click' really well with the sales manager from Conrad.

I don't see how can break even...
sad.gif
.. I calculated using the most pessimistic formula, which is what if everyone who turns up only give $80. Add into the equation, that we need to give my wife's mum tables (i.e. we pay for table, she keep the ang pow). I guess our honeymoon is postponed.

Now we're hunting for gowns
happy.gif

thommy

darrel,

seems like u are in the same situation as us...my wife's mum wants to keep those angpows that her relatives pass to her on our AD too, not going to pass back to us cos she said she has to 'take back' some for bringing up her daughter all these yrs...
sad.gif

we just hope that most of them can put their angpows into our angpow box so that she can't take that much...otherwise sure big loss
sad.gif

our honeymoon will most likely have to be postponed too cos after our AD, we will 'bleed' for dunno how long too...

darrelandgeri

Hi deerixp
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

ur a march bride too ?

Thomas,

that kinda sucks doesn't it ...
sad.gif
especially the reason that my future MIL gave us. Have you negotiated how many tables and such to give to your future MIL ?

Some advice that my friends gave was, for example, my wife's relatives has 10 tables, so what we can do is give her mum 5 tables, incl one bridal table, and the remaining 5, we sell it to her at cost price. Then at the dinner, there can be an ang pow box for her side to put in all the ang pows also. So we just give the whole box back to them.

Anyway I don't think we can give any more than 5, considering how much each table costs and that everything is coming out from our own pockets. Didn't want my parents to help out $ with this as much as possible.

Oh, the other thing that my friends told me was, don't do the table negotiation when the parents first meet up. Its quite messy, and may end off on an unhappy note. For us, we're probably going to negotiate with her mum first, then when the 2 families meet before the wedding, I can just tell me dad to agree to anything/everything. Looks nice for both sides too.

thommy

Darrel: yes she is a March BTB too haha

ya I agree but no choice I guess
sad.gif
haven't neg yet, will do so later. We even went to the extent of considering whether to put on our invitation cards "Please put all angpows into our angpow box" so as to make sure we get most of them back hahahhaa....do u think it's ok to put this? or seems kinda weird? lol

darrelandgeri

Thomas > put a sign saying ... "parking coupon redemption : to redeem, put ang pow in box"

I'm sure that gets u about 80% of the ang pows back

deerixp

Hi Thomas and Darrel: 2 GTB... haha

Hmm i guess for mi.. will follow my sis... to gif my parents 10 tables bah (i.e. all my AP from relatives goes to my parents).

deerixp

Thomas: coz mi and bf will share the cost.. so i sort of pay spilt half bah..and my sis had 10.. so i guess we try to be fair to my bro-in-law if possible.. though his is wkday rates 3 yrs ago at marina mandarin... =)

deerixp

Thomas: no worries. Boat come to bridge naturally straight.. haha.. =)

Haha.. my parents have 4 daughters (Si gian jin)... so initially my mum dun expect me to hold a banquet with many guests for mi.. since my sis had 50+ tables for her wedding already.. and i am the 2nd. they are ok with a simpler wedding for mi. 1 reason i had 40 tables is becoz i really like the GCW grand ballroom alot... the min table for weekend..so with so many tables.. i can give them 10 tables bah.. at the same time.. tt means near 10k gone..=)

topaz

hmm.. im luckier, my mum say will give the angbaos back to us. But is it ethical to take?

Hee. today just paid the deposit for the dinner at marina mandarin . looking forward to the day!!

deerixp

Jalene: i think as long as ur parents are okie.. should be fine.. there are generally 2 types.1 is give the gal side an ang bao as pin jin... another 1 is give tables..=)

Hmm.. we haben really tok to abt our parents abt the tables thingy.. but i guess if we follow my sis should be no prob.. my bf and his parents aware of of my sis wedding coz they went to her wedding 3 years ago.. then tt time auntie asked mi how many tables my parents took..coz mi and my bf 9 yrs together le.. next yr 10th yr le.. so our parents sort of seen each other years ago.. haha

thommy

jalene: u are SO lucky...not every parent will think like ur mum sigh...

deeri: u are generous..10k to us is A LOT, esp in trying times like these now...

irene80

Hi thomas, call me irene ,heehee
my budget shld be around 4k below... was thinking of signoria and silverling.

thommy

u can go round to scout for more irene, nowadays competition among BS very keen, good for us consumers also

deerixp

Thomas: haha.. hmm.. it's just be prepared for us.. haha.. hopefully my parents may request lesser..haha..anyway, my parents will buy gold for me also..=)

topaz

thomas & deerixp>> hope i dont happy too early, both side family hadnt discuss abt the pin jin etc stuff all tat.. keep my finger crossed.

aec

Thks Thomas! I'm still looking around. Hazi...got to do this all by myself as my hubby is working overseas.

Jalene, can you share with me your MM package?

My plan is to have a simple wedding, 20 tables can liaoz. The rest like album, gowns all settled le...

deerixp

Darrel: ur pre-wedding shoot with Chris Ling.. hee.. I having a pre-wedding shoot with him as well in a promotion.. so happy.. like a dream come true... will have 1 with My Bridal Room and 1 with Chris Ling.. =)

darrelandgeri

deerixp > yup ... my wife and I are both impressed by his photography. Any I'm quite anal when it comes to photography. I just dunno how many extra photos my wife will end up picking.

i wonder what will happen when u put ur 2 albums side by side to see .... :p

deerixp

Darrel: 1 reason is becoz i really like photojournalistic style.. but ala carte quite ex and mafan..

so i decide tt i should firmly not top up the bridal studio poses. i got 36 poses for MBR and 18 page album for Chris Ling.. so already 54 photos le.. i guess it's different feel totally. But I am really glad.. coz on 1 hand I can enjoy the typical costume thingy and yet have nice photojounalistic photo taken by a Pro himself..

1 is more posed (non photojournalistic) and the other should be more candid and elegant bah...=)

darrelandgeri

deerixp > well, I asked arvinna @ chris ling and she said, chris will generally deliver around 150-200 photos after each shoot. Imagine sit down 150 choose 18. So you got the $888 or the $1088 package ? I'm worried about the top up too, Arvinna said chris is quite strict on the pricing, so its fixed $120/photo.
sad.gif

I won't be surprised if My Bridal Room comes back with 500 photos either.

thommy

famous PGs are lidat one Darrel...not much room to neg ba I guess. U and deeri are rich, me can't afford CL definitely hahahaha...

yuki_81

Hi all, I have jsut visiting a geomancy yesterday and he said that March 2010 will be a good month for us to get married next year. Now, we are pretty stressed up with the hotel selection. Anybody has any price list to share for March 2010 wedding? Thanks.

darrelandgeri

Mei > you better start looking, a lot of us already confirmed our venues.

how many tables are you looking at ?

I think you can just email to all the places you are interested in and they will send u the details. or list out the places you want, and whoever has checked out the place will give u the details.