(2009) Brides of year 2009

krystal80

piggy....confirm liao but haven't booked coz the hotel haven't open booking yet but i going to see venue on 6th =P

hope u can get ur OCC =)

Thanks so much Andrea and Piggy
happy.gif

Any idea whether there are any shifu who can calculate the auspious date before the tong shu is out?

Thanks so much..

andain

hey pringirl,

yea, i am a sucker for everything shanghainese
happy.gif
i still listen to zhou xuan's music.

hey chuababy,

if i don't remember wrongly, the live singing is part of the package
happy.gif

nah, where got KNS, it pays to plan early!

pringirl

hello chuababy~
four seasons seems good, been hearing raves abt the food & service.
we were looking at HIPV initially but realised we couldn't hit their min of 25 tables, so now looking at Club Chinois @ Orchard Parade Hotel, which is reputed for good food (tung lok). only got 20 tables, so the small ballroom should be okie for us. we already booked venus bridal for our BS, very KS hor? hehe cos our wedding was postponed from dec 08 to nov 09. like their style more than local BS photography.

hihi angeline~
wow zhou xuan! are u shanghainese?? hee... i oso thot of taking grand shanghai cos of the jazz singers, very nice ambience & can have shanghai night theme. but hubby dun like
sad.gif

blinko

hihi all...

I'm new here... and my AD also 16th Jan 2009...
Same situation as flyingpig... only that day available, no other days for us to choose.

Have not book my BS yet.

As for my wedding dinner, i'm waiting for the hotel to get back on their 2009 package.

piggylover

andrea, wow.. tat great le. so which venue u will b getting?

nt sure if getting OCC but we will compare it & other 2 hotel which we had visited the previous wk.

Winnie, u'r welcome le. i get my date frm Long shifu, he do nt require the thongshu. he will giv the couple 3yrs ahead of all the AD which are suitable for both the BTB & GTB. u nd mah? i can email to u de.
happy.gif

andain

Hey Pringirl,

Nope I am not shanghainese but i just love everything shanghainese
happy.gif
Yups we intend to have a Shanghai Theme night!

I havent' booked any bridal studio yet cos fiance and I are going to do Ala Carte. So far, have shortlisted Ted Collection to do my cheongsam for my ROM and hopefully my WG and EG. The fiance's best friend is gonna be our photographer for ROM and wedding photoshoots, and I already have contacts for MUA and gonna use my regular florist for the bouquet and whatnot.

Car gonna use my fiance's BIL and he will double up as our chauffeur since he doesn't let anyone n ear his beloved BMW :p save money save money

Club Chinois' food is very very good, esp their suckling pig! superbly good!

queenly

grace, i made the deposit liao....hmm the place i like alot cos will have the entire floor for the reception and no one will walk there.....then pillarless high ceiling..

as for perks...its basically just free 1 barrel of beer plus 1 btl of wine per table.

sparkless

Hello all BTBs,

Just want to do a quick check.

Did you gals choose your wedding date based on recommendations by fengshui master? or because it is a significant date?

gracelourdes

happy for u Queen!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
on to next step now...hehe

starrry, i tik some of them take the dates given by shifu...for me, it's just easy to remember date

pringirl

hey angeline~
wow u got everything planned liao! and all the contacts to help out in ur dream wedding! shanghai theme is so classy, i love it! i thot of doing something similar, den have a best dressed award! hahaha... force guests to wear nice nice! =P

hee thanks... club chinois ballroom is quite simple. i kinda lost sleep when hubby say wanna hold it there. but after some considerations (location, price, food), decided to go for it =)

pringirl

[ Update of Nov 09 BTB ]

chuababy | 21 Nov 09
butterfingers | Nov 09
karen | 27 Nov 09 | Club Chinois | Venus Bridal
Angeline | Nov/Dec 09 | Grand Shanghai | Ala Carte

mrswang

hi all,

intending to hold my customary between this mth. still got no idea where to start as i'm getting my new flat next year.

chuababy

ya, you all got it all planned liao!

karen, ur idea is interesting...haha...but then u need to spend $$$ on the award?...:p...cos if no prize your guests where got incentive...

chuababy

i attended my cousin's wedding before...she placed a disposable camera (those that only be used once) on every table and asked the guests to feel free to take pictures using the cameras. After the dinner, the guests would then leave the cameras back on the tables so that she can collect back...

Hence this way she can get many interesting pictures. But i guess it would be a headache to develop them out.

cordie

hi starry..
i chose a few dates and ask someone to look at the tongshu for me...i mean dates is all personal preference...its up to you...u wan a fengshui shifu to choose for u or choose a significant date for u guys its up to u...

sparkless

Hi Grace,

I like an April wedding but bf is not very keen. He said it is very silly of me trying to clump all important events into the first half of the year.

I like April cos it is like spring to me. Very cheerful
happy.gif

flyingpig

Congrates to you Blinko!

Well, I am still waiting for the hotel sales coordinator to get back on whether a previous couple who is holding on to the same day is taking the booking or not. If they are not, maybe we will take up, then will sign up with the BS which the hotel has link with so that can get more perks. We planned to get the PS done in the middle of the year - as least can relax then.

Crossing fingers that we can get the hotel we wanted. So that we can make further arrangements.

krystal80

Piggy...I sound like a yoyo..now having dinner...HAHAHAHA...really really confirm liao!
Having it at Holiday Inn Park View =P Hubby choice so if things go wrong, it's his fault! Muahaahaahaa....I having it on 12th Dec liao..woo hoo...so Cheekychick, I can join u liao! Haha

Piggy, lemme know how ur visit to OCC went yeah? Hope u can get ur venue =)

chubby_ting

Hi Blinko!!!!! So qiao again!!! Another 16 Jan 2009 BTB!!!!!!! OMG I nv dream that there would b so many BTB on the same AD as me man haha...
Congrats all!!!

Happyangel.. if u choose that date then we all can same same date liao hehe.. that date was choosen by my mum & only 1 date 2! She say that date v gd 2 me & HB... we are both born in d yr of rooster.. u all same same also ma?

chubby_ting

So many competition on our AD date ah hehe... then mayb on our AD date will see a few wedding cars on d road then we would know its us liao! Haha..

xiaozhunic

Hi Shining Hoshi,

Was really considering that day...but becoz its 1 week b4 chinese new year..so very rush for all of us...finish wedding...no time go honeymoon already...and its a working day...so expect guest turnout will not be as gd as weekend...

Furthermore..my grandma say wedding should fall on chinese date (day and month) which is even...den its good...16th is a odd day even month in chinese calendar (21/12)...so no choice...wanna ask her opinion...so must listen lor...

gracelourdes

starrry, unless he has perfectly good reasons in listing out all important events...i dun see why u can hold it in April...it's nice to be able to hold ur wedding on the day n mth u want...afterall, it's ur wedding isn't it?

anyhow, if u intend to have an outdoor wedding, do take heed that it's going to be pretty hot then...otherwise, it'll be nice..

dkny, okie...that's weird...i tot this thread for 2009 btb?

mrswang

hi all,

Plan to have my customary between mar to may'09. got no idea where to start. =)

do i have to search for studio 1st?

gracelourdes

hmm, mrswang...

firstly, i tik u shd start with a budget list....listing out every single thing u need for ur whole wedding...after which, u start looking for the 2 major things which is bridal studio and wedding banquet venue...i tik banquet venue is more impt...cos u have to determine whether u want weekdays or weekends...lunch or dinner...those hotels open for booking on weekends alrd have quite a lot of brides booking for their weekend banquet dinners...

sparkless

Hey Grace,

Hmm.. actually really have quite a number of important events. All fall in the 1st half of the year and is month after another.

Probably is going to be an outdoor event. Thanks for pointing out the weather.
happy.gif

cheekychick

Andrea, congrats leh! I tot i read dat u r considering lunch so tot u'll be having lunch instead, keke. Must keep askin them when will open for booking leh! Must kiasu abit...like me :p

krystal80

hahahaha...yeah I kept asking the co-ordinator at Swissotel Merchant Court (where I was planning to have my lunch) but we saw the dinner package at Holiday Inn Park View and my hubby liked it so ok...yay!! =)

probably east cos' I work east and I think I prefer to be closer to my basecamp hee hee
I did apply for the new telok blangah developments though cos it's very near the FH's workplace but has yet to receive any news from HDB
I dun really think I wanna get a resale cos the prices are like CRAZY and I might as well buy a private apt for that amt
sad.gif

smellypeanut

Hi Joleen, punggol area is nice! But i'm quite worried about the traffic jam condition there. Heard the jam is quite crazy.. we went to take a look at the Damai grove, and we pretty much like the area a lot. I saw some Lodge thingy behind the damai site.. is that the treelodge?

smellypeanut

Fengshui master ah.. hmm. okay, maybe i can propose that to the in laws.. Haix.. Actually aiming for sept, but if all else fail, then hopefully 20th is a good date! =D

Wow shanghai theme! I think will be very classy and sexy leh!

chubby_ting

Wow chim haha...

Umm.. I think if the date is suitable for both of you then its the most impt one. No matter is a weekday/ a weekend. The guests that you are inviting is v impt. if you invite only tos v close frens & relatives I am sure even if u do it on a Monday ur attendance would b ok.

Gd luck!

hi butterfingers > yup heard abt the traffic too but not too worry. in 4 yr times i think the new expressway will be up for operation and we not bound to travel soley on CTE.. =) hope tat will ease the traffic prob...

if facing the LRT Track, Damai Grove is just directly next to Treelodge and we are on ur left. The Punggol Lodge is the one sharing your same plot of land =) in tat tiny piece of land, there is about 4 BTO projects. scary huh.... this is how good HDB can squeeze the land... so u applying?