(2009) Brides of year 2009

gracelourdes

WAHAHA....that's wat my hb said too...though he didn't exactly said "shitjob" but he mentioned sth else along that line also lah....haiz, wat to do??? :p love is great, isn't it?

oic...yeah, i do agree with u, Queen that lunch quite close lah...i mean, the timing that is...

maybe just see if the price for lunch and dinner differs a lot...for my hotel, it's the same so we decided to go for dinner...sounds more practical to us...

gd thing for us, we prob won't take a house as yet...so not to worry abt reno now...but also good for u lah...be done and finished with it once and for all lah

dkny6826

HI all BTB. PLEASE BEWARE OF A PHOTOGRAPHER NAMED BOB(SHORT,FAT AND UNTIDY).

HIS NAME IS BOB
TEL:81369676

VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL, PHOTOS TAKEN ARE WORSE OFF THAN A 10 YEAR OLD.SHOWED US HIS SO CALLED WEBSITE THAN HAS VERY GOOD AND NICE PHOTOS TO CHEAT US INTO TAKING HIS CHEAP PACKAGE. HE MENTIONED THAT HE JUST STARTED UP BUT HAS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN TAKING BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOS. AFTER WE PAID HIM, HE KEEP SAYING HE IS BUSY AND TOLD US NOT TO CHASE HIM FOR THE PHOTOS WHEN WHAT WE DID IS ASK HIM POLITELY WHEN WILL WE BE GETTING THE EDITED PHOTOS. HE ALSO SAID THAT HE WILL DO A "SIMPLIFIED" JOB IF WE WANT IT SO FAST. WE JUST RECEIVED THE EDITED PHOTOS 2 DAYS AGO.HIS "EDITED PHOTOS" IS SO WELL DONE BY JUST ENHANCING THE COLOUR OF THE PHOTOS AND MAKING IT SHARPER. HE HAS RUINED OUR ROM PHOTOGRAPHES AND RUINED OUR JOY AND TOTALLY DISGUSTED BY HIS LAME EXCUSES.

ANY BTB PLEASE BEWARE TO FALL INTO HIS TRAP!

queenly

oh my god....dat bad ah....but i think i saw online a few of the brides who uses him...some not bad leh...

did u speak to him? ask him y deliver such jobs...c wat he sae...

gracelourdes

WAHAHA...dkny6826, although i'm not sure if u r a btb or u r his competitor, but i must admit that his works r only so-so...

when i asked him for quotes, he kept calling and calling me...then when i told him that, his prices are out of our budget, he kept lowering the price which made me wonder if he would compromise our price with his works

cheekychick

Hi all, im a Dec BTB as well
happy.gif
AD at Novotel & im the one who booked 12/12/09. But i booked the smaller ballroom leh. I tink the grand phoenix ballroom is still available rite?? keke..i only have 20 tables so im only taking the small room
happy.gif

queenly

Grace, yah loh i think his works so so...maybe out of 10 got 3 is very nice dats all....but nowadays got vendors still do terrible ah..

not scared of the power of INTERNET ? haha

cheekychick

Hi Andrea, i nv ask them abt helpers' room for the day as i dun need it wor..those helpers can use my suite instead if they need. U can try asking thou...but overall, i find them quite rigid abt perks..Tried asking for waiver of corkage, free flow beer, then onto 2nd barrel beer free, all cannot. Even price of wine also cannt cfm cos for 2009, all prices will change ie increase.

krystal80

hi cheeky chick...thanks for the tip
will bear that in mind...

I'm not tt bothered about perks but there are some perks tt are like basic so hmm...

gracelourdes

hehe....heng ah, i didn't take up with him...his works r really nothing to mention...at least my PG is much more professional lah...although he's freelance, at least his works r of so much better quality...

gracelourdes

finally brought my mum down last week and then we paid deposit on last mon...it was such a relief!!

no need to tik abt that now...now only wait for the contract nia..

krystal80

cheeky chick, i checked liao, both ballrooms taken up liao...haiz Look like I not fast enuff =P but not worries, at least I got alternative dates so not so bad =P

piggy, how's ur search coming along?

gracelourdes

i mean, i can't speak for others lah...but from wat i see, the pics aren't what i tot someone of his experience shd be doing loh...that's all the comments i have...

gracelourdes

true lah...although i know a lot of btb uses bobman for their AD PG, let's just put it this way...for me, it's a pity that my budget has limit...he charges way out of limit for me...partly it's cos i tik he has a few photographers doing the pics...whereas, for the PG that i shortlisted, he is 1 man show but i like his feel of photography...alrd, that's good enough for me...

but also, opinions do differ when it comes to photography...

art is very subjective...that's wat i feel lah...so can't really say much when alrd my mind and eyes dun like wat i see...u know wat i mean?

however, for those who consider or are alrd taking bobman for their AD PG, good for them who have decided...
happy.gif
happy.gif

afterall, i'm sure he's a seasoned wedding photographer to know how to satisfy his clients..

piggylover

andrea, both ballroom in NCQ taken up on 12 Dec 09? Wow.. tat is fast man.

hahah.. im gg to NCQ & FRF tml afternoon. next sat wil go OCC. get afew new quote parkplaza royal @ cityhall, nobel house & RTC. mayb will arrange to meet PPR ba, nobel house giv me 2007 pkg. nw tiking whether wanna go mah. RTC is out of my budget le, no doubt i really like there too.

jus let me knw if u require any of the above, i can email to u de.

smellypeanut

Hi 2009 BTB, jus to enquire, normally will there still be hotel ballrooms available if i book in 2009 the year itself? Cos it seems that most of the BTB is already doing the booking for 2 years' later already.. i'm getting a little gan jiong now.. =\

gracelourdes

less than S$1k lah...that's good for our budget...hehe...
happy.gif
happy.gif

haiz, afterall, i really do hate the typical phototaking session where u go from table to table to snap pics....so dun want to spend so much on that...

cheekychick

Piggylover, keke...im quite slow to notice there is already a thread for Dec 09 BTBs :p

Andrea, BOTH ballrooms taken up already?!?? I tot i was very early already. Actually, 1 day after price release, i already call them to block the date for me. Juz dat only last sat then place deposit cos they r too bz to meet up with me...

Hi Butterfingers..i tink u wan to wait for tongshu isit? If u wana wait for tongshu, i tink July '08 shld have liao rite? Book earlier is to secure the date...Its best to try to book at least 1 yr ahead loh...

krystal80

piggy and cheeky, yeah lor! I also super stunned lor....haaaiiizzzzz =P

Butterfingers, to be very honest it's a lil dicey coz as u can see most ppl booked already. =)

dkny6826

He posted my pics and my family pics without my consent.
sad.gif

And showed everyone and make it sound as if I chased him for the photos but all i did was ask him politely when the photos are out.

He edited the photos and they are different from what he gave me.

Cheap doesnt mean good. I will considering paying more for a more professional photograher who doesnt anyhow post wedding family photos without consent.

smellypeanut

Cheeky_chick and andrea, thanks for the advise! Yup, cos the dates that i like kinda fall into the lunar 7th month.. so have to wait for the tongshu i guess.

Gee, hope there'll still be availabilities!

weddingatbobman

WAHAHA...dkny6826, although i'm not sure if u r a btb or u r his competitor, but i must admit that his works r only so-so...

when i asked him for quotes, he kept calling and calling me...then when i told him that, his prices are out of our budget, he kept lowering the price which made me wonder if he would compromise our price with his works

---- Hi Grace,

I think I quoted you 888 and you mentioned to me that out your budget. However, I did lowered the fee because I am recommending another photographer who can do good photos too but again you mentioned still out of your budget.

I am willing to help you within your budget but it may not be shot by me. Obviously you need to see his works but its still out of your budget even he charges only 688.

Hope we understand each other, thanks.

smellypeanut

Hi! Can anyone share with me the banquet price list for 2008/2009 as well? [email protected]
Thanks! Really appreciate it.

I think sept will have a lot of brides.. But how you brides confirm the venue so fast? I mean.. you guys don't have to check the tongshu? =\

piggylover

cheekychick, haha.. dec09 bride nt much but tik will slowly b more soon. hehe..

andrea, hmm.. tat is really fast man. me too very kanchong nw lor. hopping can faster settle asap. heheh

Butterfingers, yap. if u wanna wait for tongshu will b ard Sep08 time. it is advisable to get ur date as early as possible. so u got more time to shortlist those venue u prefer for ur big den only left few choices wit limited comparing.

hmm.. to me most impt is to secure the venue.

gracelourdes

so good leh, mic...

dun worry...jason give me good kang-tao liao lah...hehe....

i really appreciate u helping me to do that...after checking with my hb, we decided that we are not able to pay that budget...although i still maintain my stand that i find the pics so-so only lah...

well, there are definitely others who like ur works, Bob...

gracelourdes

thks popprincesstrin...yeah, it was 1 more thing down...now just preparing for ROM...which is going to be next yr

how's things on ur end??

butterfingers, i'll email u when i get back to office on wed...for me, i dun need to see the tongshu at all cos my hb's chin-dian...which means, he's half indian and half chinese...and my parents quite modern so dun really need for all that

gracelourdes

bob, i hope that u dun take offence at this cos u know that art does differ in different ppl's eyes...

but i also know that some of my frds r very happy with ur works...that's more than enough i feel
happy.gif

cheekychick

Andrea, i tink dat couple who booked NCQ Phoenix for 12 Dec hor, is also like me...dun see shifu at all. Dats y can book so fast rite? Cos tongshu for late 2009 is definitely not out yet loh...

Butterfingers, will ur parents & in-laws agree to u guys holding ur wedding in 7th lunar mth? If they r ok with it, i tink dates dat fall in 7th lunar mth will be pretty easy to book cos most couples dun aim for dates dat fall in 7th lunar mth. Actually if im not wrong, if u plan urs in early '09, there r shifus out there who are able to calculate a date for u liao wor...i can book so early is becos i dun see shifu. Else most couples wont book so early...I agree w Piggylover dat most imptly is secure the venue & date. As u search hor, u will realise there r simply certain places dat r out of ur budget or juz cannt accomodate ur number of tables. So after u strike them out, actually wont have alot of choices left already...so must try to search earlier to avoid stressing urself :p

dewy_eyed

hi...

im choosing 12/12/09 as my wedding date too. seems it is a very popular date. how many ppl so far are choosing that date. hee.

is it an auspicious date? i havent really checked.

cheekychick

Hi Nana! I also duno if the date is auspicious anot..cos im not reali the kind to chk with shifu & stuff. Even for my ROM date, i nv chk also..juz choose the date dat i prefer. Agree with Andrea cos its 12/12..number same, nice & easy to rem. Plus its a Sat, lol.

piggylover

Nana, indeed 12.12.09 is a nice date as mention by andrea & cheekychick plus it is sat. my AD was actually plan on tat date too. but too bad it doesnt suit me & my bf ba zhi, so gotta let go. it is depend if ur or ur parent & ur PIL require u to consult any shifu to get a suitable date. if nt u can jus chose according to ur prefer date.
happy.gif

i went to fullerton n marriott to view their sites for solemnization ceremony.. like the fullerton one better but the sad thing is someone kinda reserved the venue so I need to give the hotel a few days to find out if the someone still wants the venue
sad.gif
i guess I still have four seasons to fall back on but I am not very keen on an evening solemnzation ceremony..

gracelourdes

oh dear....i truly understand how u feel abt evening solemnization...it does sound a bit weird to me also...

how abt considering other venues?

sapphyr... we oso thinking of doing it on 090909, as my bike plate is 9090 and conincides w my name =) but this will only confirm when we go see the shi fu to see our dates after our rom in feb 08.

same here too i booked my BS... w MBR.. any 09 bribe here w MBR?

but 1 advice to bribe preparing for their wedding, if u all dun mind, hold the solemnization n banquet tog cos it save u a fair bit.. my rom alone costing us 5k le.. =(
but no regret la.. =P

amara sanctuary very nice for holding solemnization but location bit far off la... so up to individuals preference.

Grace -> can u email me the list too? my email is [email protected]

Btw does anyone know if grand copthrone holding wedding show around which period?

Thanks gal

flyingpig

I didn't know 16th Jan 09 is a good date. My bf's parents got the date for us when they went to ask from the shifu. Plus that was the only date given and no other alternatives.

dkny6826

Hi Grace,Queen and Michael,

Its been a tough time and definitely bad luck to meet such a photograher who twist and turn words around in other threads.

Can you imagine him saying posting up saying my husband apologising to him when my hubby didnt even say that? My hubby was so pissed off and totally mad about it.

Bob said the photos are removed, but we can still see the rest of the photos towards the end. Its really huanting us and bob still tell us that we can go remove it on our own by contacting a lady when he was the one who posted up the photos. And he has no time to deal with it. Now we have to clear the mess on our own.

He even said he dont care how we dealt with him, kill him,beat him or anything! *roll eyes*

We are really tired and sad. I hope this dramatic nightmare will really put to an end.

I have recently found a photographer that my mum know of and is the same photographer that my sister had for her wedding 4 years ago. She said he has eight years of photography experience and is a very understanding and nice chap who is a man of his words. He just came back from korea. We are so looking forward to meeting up with him in Jan
happy.gif

Will share with you gals how it goes after I met up with him
happy.gif

m_and_n

dkny,

Like i mentioned, whatever goes wrong will go wrong. You can see that i give everyone the benefit of the doubt because its really difficult for others to judge and understand. I do hope that you can quickly move forward with your life!

Sai Wen Shi Ma Yen Zhi Fei Fu.
Whatever bad, might not be bad. Cheers and Merry Xmas!

U can check with xinyi on her AD PG. her ROM shots were wonderful.

smellypeanut

Cheeky_chick, hmm.. i guess the in-laws will definitely object because they're pretty much the type who'll consult geomancer and everything. Sigh.. if only we can do what we want to do.

Okay, i guess it's time to start emailing the hotels for quotation already!