(2009) Brides of year 2009

rierie

hi tulips,

have you got ur house already? as for wedding bands, my htb and i are still discussing. can't see one pair that both of us like a lot

dizonne

Morning ALLL!!!

SS,
its okie..we are veri understanding de..haha...

Gathering List:
Aroh n Eva
XKA & bf
Lalaa
Noknok
Elyse
Juski
Sun & Lawrence?
gal?

PLS REMEMBER MY BTLS EVERYONE!!!

nok,
i read tat thread oso..haizz...i tink bth of them are agents la..then shoot each other lor..haha...

lovie_dovie

Helloha!

Went to Natas travel fair last week and manage to get myself a bargain! SGD1270 to Shanghai for 8Days, 7Nights for 2 person!!!
happy.gif
It's a steal! We will be going on the 18th April, 8 days after our wedding as husband and wife. So excited! Hahaha.. Did anyone of you manage to grab any cheap deals?

For now, im still left with..
- Confirmation and seating arrangement for my guests.
- Stuffs to buy for GDL which is on 22nd March.
- Meet-up with AD PG/VG as they have agreed to do my childhood to pak tor montage for me.
- Collect my wedding album
- Collection of wedding bands
- Liaise with Hotel on the AD things..

How about you guys? Any more updates?

Des&jol - professional emcee is bery ex! I heard my fren engage a couple for emcee and paid 1k+!!!

raine24

Mine i just put: "Your punctuality is greatly appreciated", and underlined that dinner would commence promptly at (time) sharp. My printing took 1 week exactly.

Didn't mention abt preferences for cash as wedding gift, cos like poohise I feel its not so nice to talk abt money/cash/gifts at the same place and time as inviting people to share in one's joy and celebration.

noknok

xka.. I'm keen on cookie favors.. have something else in mind though..

What do you all think of the idea of me using like 10 sunflowers on each table, then before the march in, ask emcee to ask my guest to each take home one sun flower?? I really hate the idea of center pieces going into the bin when it can beautify homes for a few more days.

irritant

XKA, sure remember ur bottles...how's ur cough?

haven been thinking of the cookies with so many other things but i really dun mind...can learn to make for parties next time also...no harm learning to make cookies...

just read the bali thing since so many of u commented...kinda stupid lar...but it happens in forums all the time...

last time when i was working in sim lim, someone actually posted abt my service in some forum and even put my name...it was that guy's 1st post so everyone shoot him saying that it's mi who posted it...hahaha...i din know until more than a week later when a friend told mi...i just kept quiet lor...this kind of thing is explain more kena shoot more...if anyone wan to know if my customer service is gd or not just have to come to the shop i work in and find out for themselves right? so silly...

any souls brave enough to try that agent's service then go ahead...if worried after reading the posts then dun get the service...dun need to get personal...hide behind nicknames and shoot people in forum is just cowardly...am i opening a huge can of worms here? dun shoot mi hor...

irritant

nok...the flowers may not be wasted...the last wedding dinner i went, the roses were all gone at the end of the dinner cos the kids were going around collecting them! hahaha...

but just in case everyone shy...i might ask the MC to make this announcement too...y waste nice flowers right?

noknok

aroh.. most of the time for banquets I go hor... Just before the dinner start, the waiter will go take the center piece from each table in liao.

dizonne

nok,

i saw tis wedding cake cookie..so sweet n nice..haha...

956004.jpg

not bad idea wor...but y nt sae at end of e dae?? i scare the centrepcs becme botak aft u announce..

aroh,
thx....mi cough okie le..bt stil got phglem lor...2nite can go sing liao..haha

i'll be giving 2 favours....one is bf's idea, one is mine...didnt want to do smting too hard or too expensive...so tot of cookies lor...nice to lk at oso...

n i'll be doing mi own cupcakes to add to the buffet line...fairly easy to do...if im free, can do sm nxt week, then we can try during gathering..haha...

w33lp

xka,
I didn't collect jars for u leh... Don't really 'encounter' any jars. =p

aroh & nok,
Good idea to ask your guests to bring the flowers home. Either ask your emcee to announce before the march-in or maybe get the waiters to bring the flowers out just before ppl start leaving and you can give it out when they come and shake hands with you? Hehehe...

w33lp

xka,
The centrepieces will be gone by the time the dinner starts. The waiters will bring them away from the table before serving food.

w33lp

xka,
p/s. They are talking abt the usual Chinese banquet.

By the way, your venue allows you to bring your own food (referring to your cupcakes)? Better check with them 1st wor.

irritant

the cookies look good...just need the cutter of different sizes then pile the cookies together...we can get 1 size each to make then can keep the cutter too...hahaha...just nice 3 sizes to make...

let's settle the house things 1st...maybe can go XKA new place to do or something :p

dizonne

nok,
u got a point there...i forgot abt tat...haha..paiseh...

some more pics of cookies...
956006.jpg

tis is wat i tot of doing....
956007.jpg

tis oso not bad..
956008.jpg

noknok

I feel cookie not hard to do... the icing on the cookie very hard..haha.. i can nv get the correct consistency to make it stay one.

dizonne

elyse,
i can bring in all sorts of food...coz im alreadi signing indemnity form for my wedding cake...so heck care lor..haha...

aroh,
yaya..sure can cme mi new hse...if u dun mind e mess and e inconvenience lor...coz u all stay veri far ma...after tat we can go harry's chill out....juz opp mi house onli..haha...

noknok

Gal.. haven't pack still can chat here ah.. haha.. well done man... Find one big big box throw all things inside can liao lah

princessxue

Tulips, i havent settle my PS gown. Going down to BS next monday. Hopefully can settle it.
I havent start to plan for AD program yet.

Top of my list is research on bridal hair style, thinking of PS place and props

irritant

eh..i never made all these b4...so i dunno how bad i will be...it will range from lousy to disaster! hahahaha...

XKA, i like the 1st one...easier to make :p

wah...the last one will tie ribbon until get nightmare ribbon chase after u...

Gal so u coming next fri?

Sun was suggesting to me to move the place to TCC at boat quay...she say "cos TCC at boat quay very cosy. if all wearing pants, then can go upstairs...
its a art gallery cum eating area but sit on the floor with cushions and bean bags"

dizonne

aroh,
yaya..tat place veri cosy....then convenient for mi to go u-koe-whe after that..haha....

the last one i like coz of the monogram...hmm mayb can use e ribbon idea fr mi bf's favour...will be giving toto..so need t tink of wae to 'wrap' it...then mi cookie will be on top of it...haha....

oh ya, n i still got to design mi sparklers holder....hmmm...alot of tings wor....

dizonne

aroh,
e 1st one easier in terms of less icing la...bt then hor, u need to bake 4 times more cookies leh...if nt, how to hav e stacking effect???

irritant

eh...that's true...but making more cookies easier than havin steady hands to do icing! hahaha...

u giving toto? see ur guest can win a million or not ar?

zzzz

er i got nothing much leh... i see the rest pack i stress lol... next friday ah... shld be ok with me... my bf attending his colleague's wedding dinner... TCC at boay quay is the one near the mac? juz beside UOB plaza rite?

dizonne

aroh,
no la..mi bf's idea lor...coz he sae everitime go wedding, peepz giv chopsticks, photoframe, keychain, bears, etc, all useless de..take back oso throw...so he sae wan giv smting more practical, smting everyone will like..haha...then he sae giv toto lor...aiya..veri typical of him la...haha....

bt then hor, i told him la...if smone reali strike, 2 of us will be crying ur hearts out....

Yip,

I just had my food tasting. My HTB & I used it to get both families together to get to know each other. So total there was 14 of us. amazing was they actually had a table to comfortably fit all of us.

w33lp

xka,
Good then. At least you are free to bring whatever u want. Btw, the shell cookies looks nice!

aroh,
You can buy those boxes with ribbons glued to it then don't have to tie lor.

My invites also didn't say anything about punctuality or cash gift. Although that's what is on all our minds. We just gave some buffer time and prepare to start without some people around. Also cross our fingers and hope that people also think about the state of our finances.

My invites take 10 days to print, but they only deliver to the hotel every friday, so I have to wait till end of next week. *faint*

dizonne

ay..nt sure...wait 2nite i go ask ba...

aroh,
sun coming with lawrence??

juski & lalaa & nok,
bf coming along??

shu22

Hi Jun,

did my PS on 1st March.. will be selecting photo coming thursday..
any advice / things to take note during selecting photo session? hehe...

crazelil

hihi just saw that you guys are discussing about JPs. If my solemnization is outside do i also have to wait by my comp at 12 midnight to register too? Currently asking around for JPs but they either ask me to call back 3mths before the date or are not free on my timing. Hoping that I'll be able to get a JP for my AD...
sad.gif

saggiegirl

crazelil> hmmm...the waiting by your comp is to book ur ROM slot if u r planning to solemnize at the office...but since urs is outside, then no need to "camp"
happy.gif

hmmm...u can start to source ard for JPs...just explain to them that u are tentatively booking them for ur AD
happy.gif
and remember...dec 09 is hot period and many JPs may go on holidays...

w33lp

xka,
Yalah, recession plus wedding is an expensive event so must be careful not to blow the budget.

I blew the budget once, so I'm gonna be more careful now. =p HTB complained that our ROM is so expensive, might as well have done a full banquet instead. At least full banquet, we will 'earn' back the angpow. LOL

Then he complained that Maldives is too ex. Almost changed to Europe. Now that I've managed to change his mind by saying we will go for lesser days, he's back to his old 'I want water villa in a 5* resort' antics. So the cost went back to $10k again.

LMAO