(2008) Brides of year 2008

providencia

Hi Jac and Fiona, just glad that the event is finally over, mixed reviews from pple, mostly positive ones, guess you can't please everyone.
happy.gif

Fiona, Jia You, the banquet can be very stressful, but do try to enjoy the day and savour every moment.
happy.gif

Jac, you are in good hands, FSH was wonderful.
happy.gif

I'll try to post some of my pics onto multiply,if I can figure out how to do it.
happy.gif

gingerbread_gal

providencia,
good to hear that FS was good for you!
what was your colour linen?
yeah, well, you can't please everyone, so as long as you are happy then all's well and good
happy.gif

Fiona,
how's your prep? just enjoy your big day
happy.gif

fionachua83

jac, went for food tasting last sunday the potion is alot 11 ppl sit at the table also cannot finish all the 8 course food. Just did a calculation of the hong bao which to be given out on that day already $3000+ and another about $600+ for red wine and liquor wan to faintz liao. My hubby say we hav to go rob the bank liao. haha
Table list all confirm liao nw looking for Mcmee to present the speech and photo album will be ready be next week.

msclaire

fiona, 3k for ap? serious??? oh no i feel stressed now. anyone can share on how much is your estimated gate crashing APs? i heard some pple discuss the amt with their jiemeis beforehand, but im not sure what is an appropriate amount. FH say some couple's jiemeis actually return portion of the amount to the couple...not so sure about that. As these jiemeis also help me out in other areas, i suppose we should give them extra AP for helping us right?

lynnqi

Jolene: dunno why leh. went to 5 countries, but either grilled pork or fried pork cutlet
thank god for chinese food.. haha

Just collected my AD photos. Realiesd that my friends smiling bigger than me in most of the pics. haha

gingerbread_gal

fiona,
wow, i didn't know AP money amount to so much....we haven't done our maths on AP yet, so not fainting yet :p

i'm interested in knowing how much the gate-crashing is estimated to be...haven't discussed with my jiemeis too....i think some very nice jiemeis will return a portion of the money back to the couple...
i'm wondering too abt the APs for the jiemeis - still have to give them additional AP on top of the gate-crashing AP?

lsntyl,
thanks for the luck! but my wedding is one of the later ones i suppose....OMG, almost 1 more month to my wedding!!

lizzy_bride

Hi Pin&Jie

No worries. I am also doing my solemnization before my banquet. Bear in mind, mine is a wedding luncheon not dinner. So everything will be rush. My emcee for the solemnization will be by my 8yrs old nephew. I think it will be fun but hopefully he will not have stage fright. Here's my sequence of events for the solemnization for my wedding next sunday:

1) Soleminzation starts at 11am.
2) My nephew will announce and introduce the JP and both witness to be in front of the table.
3) He will announce the arrival of the bride and groom. We will do a small march-in.
4) The JP will take over the ceremony.
5) Thereafter, my nephew will announce for cocktail reception after the solemnization.
6) The wedding luncheon will starts at 12pm

Actually, your JP is right. Solemnization ceremony will only be attend by your family and close friends. If you want to wait for the whole guests to arrive, your banquet will start really late.

The headache thing now is that guests last min will inform of not able to come. Now only left with less than 2 weeks, unable to full up the gaps....sigh.....another blow is that two of my jiemeis have to fly off for business trips....sigh...more and more bad news.

eunicet

Jol: Awwww!! So sweet of you!!!! Thanks for all the solutions offered, and even offering to lend me your bubble gun!!!
happy.gif
I think Tecman at Bras Basah might have them, though I think they jack up the prices a lot over there. Worse come to worse get the colourful bottles from Tekka!!

Kayjay: I think you can get rather affordable teasets nowadays, so like Jol says, if it makes everyone happy, head down to Chinatown! And make sure you go to the older shop rather than those in the market at Smith Street...Really quite a bit more ex!

sylmc

no prob....now economy not so good...can help to save $ by sharing is good. The bottles from Tekka must blow one. Not battery operated, okie?

If there is any brides who want to get stuff for your little guests, can also check out a shop at Hong Lim complex, 2nd floor facing the food stalls. Its a toy shop. There is also one very big one at Arab Street, main road near bus stop after the mosque.

howong_joyce

Hi all, I need some suggestions here...

I'm going for wine tasting this Friday and I do not really know what to look out for.(wine noob here) Anyone has any pointers to share? =D

eunicet

Jol: Hehe, thanks again! Anyway, I am looking for the must blow type of bubbles...It's to put at the side of the aisles of the church so during the 2nd march-in, instead of throwing confetti/rose petals, guests can blow bubbles!!

jolene428

wooooo.. thats great xiaokai, then u can rest before ur AD!!!

dont worry, we will be around to help
happy.gif
Need anything let me know :D

tanlee: think ya too tired by then liao... hahaha i got some pic of me looking high after the toasting ahha... so funii...got ppl make us drink dilute wine+spirit with pepper somemore tt day.. crazi...

jolene428

hee so quiet these days.. is it coz everyone on honeymoon ah?

ehhhh... tmr is jo_vin AD rite? she must be so excited nw.. keke..

sylmc

Jorene - Another vendor to consider is Eurokars Leasing. They are one of the premier commercial car rental and has diversified into wedding cars rental as well. They have been involved in some wedding shows this year. weddingcars.com service level has dropped a bit recently. Maybe fame is the cause of it.

Eurokars gave us a very competitive quote for 4 days use of Mini Cabriolet as compared to weddingcars.com. Service is more prompt also. You can view the car first before deciding. http://www.eurokarsleasing.com/ Can contact Samuel at 9387 1165

jolene428

ohh yaa...

paisehh ahh, recently busy doing up my blogshop very slow with the editting of the pictures
happy.gif
at last, done with the morning part ^^.. uploading nw
happy.gif
go see later :D

blurz_ger

hihi!

quite some time never come in, this thread moving fast. i just had my GDL last weekend. so tiring to go around SG sending the cakes and invites to relatives. then got a call from tour agency to say the tour i signed up for honeymoon trip is cancelled coz not enough people to form the group. stress!! i feel that i have 101 things that need to be done and not enough time.
sad.gif

providencia

Jac, i choose ivory tablecloth and gold organza, red roses, ivory chair cover for normal tables and gold chair covers for VIP tables.
happy.gif

My gate crash AP was less than 200, i think, my jiemeis were all very kind, they know that we are cash-strapped cos of the wedding.
happy.gif

heartyangel161

Kayjay - Thanks kj! I just check the site out. The cars look nice! But the prices for the decorations are kind of steep... =p wanna get some decorations for the car, but on a budget here.. lol

Jol Aoiumi (sylmc) - Thanks! Any idea if Eurokars do any wedding car deco as well? I went to their website but there is nothing there.

Thank you girls! :)

cyc

girls... adjusting to married life? so happy for us all!!
happy.gif

busy busy with new life and status...

angelina, i'm a mrs lee too!!

uk, i enjoyed looking at ur pix on multiply.. tks for sharing.. i shall find some time to upload mine too..

xiaojan

ooh that reminds me...i haven receive any call fr my travel agency yet! i hope the tour is still on though...now economy no gd not sure whether pple will withdraw or not...

blurz_ger...where were u supposed to go for honeymoon??

blurz_ger

xiaojan,

you should call ur travel agency and check. i signed up a 10D tour to swizterland and france. now i have to start planning a F&E tour. sigh.

dodolet

Blur gal, maybe the cancellation is for the better, as it is very cold and about 8 hrs of daylight in europe. Best time to go is around late apr early may though...

Anyway, Just went robinsons to buy my bedsheets for GDL. I always wanted atas bedsheets that is of very high thread count and egyptian cotton quality. With more than 50% discounts I finally got it.. ^^

blurz_ger

sotonglet, i know that's not the best time to go europe. but we want to experience winter and go skiing. so in the end i will still be going europe but F&E instead.

blanqq

some part are 4 degree some are below..

i only had 4 rides in disneyland when it starts to pour heavy rain.. so wasted for my disneyland.

sleepygal79

Hi gals, I back after my 3days marriage leave. Had my AD on 23-Nov. It was fun, memorable and wonderful event. Thanks to the help of all xiong dis and jie meis. Start to feel so empty after the AD is over, dun know what to do now... Haiz...
Had uploaded a small portion of my AD pictures in multiply. My ID is elnskp.

Had this strange feelings of missing home, missing my parents and siblings. Anyone had this feeling too???

xiaojan

blurz_ger...i'm goin europe too...but mine is a bit diff fr yours as i'm goin italy, swiss and paris...later i better call my agency up to check whether its still on hmmz...

sylmc

Jorene - That I am not sure as I have wedding car decor from my BS.

blurz_ger & xiaojan - You are going to love your holiday!! But as dodolet has mentioned, be prepared for the short daylight. Shops closed very early too. I din get to ski in swiss coz they closed the ski track as visibility was low. But snow fell and we played snowball fight! Must make a snow angel oh!! Can get heat pad from Daiso.

~sblbee~

florabliss,
sorry, have been so caught up wif work, dun think i can make it cos gotta finished my work before i go for my honeymoon....will meet upw if u gals when im back
happy.gif

providencia,
welcome to d mrs club! hehehe, u look so pretty in ur gowns n happy on ur AD....congrats!
happy.gif
hehehe....gotta stop buying so many bags else my mum gona scream at me again :p

jac,
for me, i gave additional AP to my JMs each on top of their gate crash AP which was above $400....i think i oso spent abt $2K on APs :p

lsntyl

Meiling>have a great HM!

Providencia>you posted your pix on multiply? must go admire. :p

plug>I had a wedding lunch + wedding dinner. Sequence is exactly the same except I cancelled the march-ins for the lunch.

jolene428

blanqq: oh no.................. where did u go for honeymoon? disneyland? tokyo??? 4 degrees and below 0______0 i thk i will die there...

sleepygal! my username is fariesinn!! add me too, i uploaded my AD pictures liao!!!!

wow.. hw come ur AD pic so fast ready?!!

heehee... ya, sleepygal, i knw wat u mean.. i used to hate gg hm and hate toking to my forever naggy mummy... but nw i sort of miss her! miss her always wash until so clean clothes, always cook lotsa veg for me, always make sure the hse is clean and hygiene, and always give me too much attentn...

i miss my mummy... and i actually wana cry when i was abt to leave my hse on my AD
sad.gif
i always tot i cant wait to leave but actually i love her so much still no matter hw irritating she is :p

Happy tt u had a good AD!!! Most importantly is the good memories tt will stay forever with u!!! Well.. nothing to do then prepare for a baby :p or else plan someone else wedding!! I waiting to plan my frens' weddings :p and my biz of coz :D

providencia

Mei, can sell away some bags and then you can buy more.. ha ha..must show us your collection when you get back. Have a fruitful trip.
happy.gif

LSnTYL, i got only very few photos. I scare you disappointed
happy.gif

lsntyl

prov>won't lah.
happy.gif

Jac>your album is beautiful! I'm still waiting for mine. :p

plug>nope. both my lunch n dinner were sit-down affairs.

plug

I C, thanks, Lsytyl! So u only wear ur WG for de lunch? R both ur lunch & dinner fall on same day? sorry for so many qns! Thanks!

sleepygal79

Hi Jolene,

Just added u in the multiply. My AD pics are taken by my sisters lor. Those by the AD PG is not ready yet.

Same feelings too, i miss her alot too! miss her cooking, miss her care and concern for me, i feel like crying every nite..... Worst still my MIL is always blaming my parents when something goes wrong. Cant imagine the life when she stay wif us. Purposely find faults with my parents.....

i miss my mummy and daddy as well as my 3 sisters... and i actually wana cry when i was abt to leave my house on my AD i always tot i cant wait to leave but actually i love her so much still no matter hw irritating she is :p