jolene428

wow wow... i hope u all find the service well-done
happy.gif
Get Anne to do the nailart for you
happy.gif
She is the very young lady boss ^^

dont think there is a minimum length wor..coz mine really short oso :p

happinessbliss

Waxie < as i have mentioned in my earlier post, 1st time sure pain... after subsequent session the hair will be finer... so with each session the pain will be lesser... but the pain is still bearable... trust me.. women have this tremendous strength to go through pain... hahaha...

jo_vin

Firstly, I wan to say my hubby is back!!!!!!! N im so happy today.. Absolutely no mood to work now.. Wanna faster go home n acc him!! N really start to feel even more excited about my wedding!!! Exactly 2 weeks more! Will be alot of things to be done so will be very bz!! Im so happy today!!!!!

jo_vin

Stay, yup, usually is call during tea ceremony lor. Then after that will have to call them that le. But Mother and Father very easy to call. No worries la. Hehe..

Selena, good to have bombs rather than dont hv like me ma. Means i frenless leh.. Sometimes i think how come all my frens got so many wedding dinner to attend but i dont have. Haha..

Jolene, hehe.. Ya, agree my hubby really very sweet! Hehe.. I think maybe in future then i will have alot of bombs. Cos among a few of my frens, i consider among the first few to get married ba. Some of my frens aren't even attached, some r/s not very stable.

Jolene, i also sleep super late at night de lor. About 5plus 6am everyday. Cos used to it le. But because i work in the noon so quite ok la.. Next time we can go movies and ktv 2gthr! Haha..

Y i cannot attend w u? Later i go check it out then let u know again. Cos now have to go back to work after typing all these posts.

HappyMrsKoh!! Congrats!! Please pray for me i have good weather on 27th Nov too!!! So worried it will rain.. N so happy for u that everything turned out well!! Haha.. ur hubby really so naughty lor. Maybe if its me, i will get angry leh.. Cos like so rude to drive off like that. N u really have very nice guests! Btw, which hotel u had ur banquet? Can cover ah? Im also quite worried abt the banquet expenses leh.. Scared later no money to pay ah.. Haha...

jo_vin

charma97, u should rsvp with them la.. Cos u need to arrange ur tables ma..

Selena, u can book from Neo Garden. They have those high tea menu. So quite worth it. I will also b getting from them for groom's side. N i using Kim's Kitchen for bride's side cos its opened by my friend. Must support him ma.. Hehe.. N i tried their food b4 also. Really very nice la..

summer_ice

meimei, no worries, you're very welcome! :D

cassie, me me me, i ordered collar pins for the xiongdis...

jol, my time slot is 1030 to 1130! you not doing the 'hui niang jia' on your AD? after your hubby fetch you to his place for tea ceremony, you will not be going back to your parents' place for tea ceremony?

selena

jo_vin, 3 days after your AD will be mine... we are the last few BTBs... hee...

ok.. will get Neo Garden for groom side...
happy.gif

jolene, the nappy ang pow is to be given during GDL or AD? cos i been hearing different versions till i blur liao.. both my parents and PIL are those type who anything also can so me and FH do not know what to do so have to ask friends who have gone through customary.

jolene428

jo_vin: Congrats!!!!! So happy to hear that ur HB is back to 'run' the last lap with you for ur AD!!! I believe ur load is lightened now that he is back coz he always so sweet to u!!!

wahhh 5-6am!!! SO LATE!! wat time u work everyday? how come so late then start work? keke, recently i cannot wake up for work leh! Jialat coz usually my HB wakes up at 6.30am for work and then he will wake me up by 7.30am. But now towards hols period, he himself can sleep until 9am then wake up lor 0___0 Lucky my hse nw 6 bus stops away frm workplace only.. but every morning got to sneak into office and fly past my boss cubicle before he caught me :p hahaa...

But of coz we can go KTV and late nite movie lah!! AND SUPPER!!! Where u stay ah? Me thomson/bishan there :p Got famous prata shop :X

jolene428

jo_vin: the seminar starts frm 9am so i think u cant attend with me
sad.gif
Sob...

no worries de k? Tt time i oso worried my AD rained then surprisingly, it rained after 1pm after i check in, in the north (coz my hse and HB hse all in north) and by 5pm rained stopped!!! Miracle rite? So no worries k? heehee...

If u are buddhist or taoist hor, my mum got tis method which she said so far worked for me and my brother AD... She prayed to TI GONG when it started to rain and prayed that the rain will stop by 5pm! haha and it did :p But i duno abt the tradition for the chilli padi hor... got successful case studies bo :p

jolene428

selena: nappy angbao u ask ur HB to give to ur mother in the morning when he comes and fetch u on the AD.

dont forget to ask ur HB to give angbaos to ur parents and siblings too.

Then if u are teochew or if ur HB is hokkien, ur Mum will give 2 angbaos back to ur HB
happy.gif
One for sugarcane and one for leading road chicken.

jo_vin

Jolene, i start work at 2pm. Hehe.. Wah, u li hai, can fly thru ur boss office. He wouldn't c u ah? Haha.. Must b careful hor..

I stay quite near u! I stay hougang. Its ok cos i drive too! Hehehe.. Yaya, we can go for supper together!!

Maybe i ask my hubby c if he want to go or not ba.. Now he slping soundly cos didnt get to slp last nite cos had to catch the flight home. N i staring at him slp lor. LOL! He look so handsome. Hahaha... Maybe cos too long nvr c liao.. Miss him so much lor...

Wah.. so many ang baos ang baos.. Think we're leaving all out but only taking the pinjin.. No need so troublesome.. Hehe..

jolene428

jo_vin: u sooooo cute!!!!! kakakaka.. yaya! i oso think absence makes the heart grow fonder! But me lagi more funni.. after each 8 hrs of hard work when i see my HB is like havent seen him for 8 days!! crazi rite?!!

wooo hougang got alot of good supper place? I can drive over find u somemore lah but must tell me the nearest route there :p my HB always take so long to go hougang and always lost there! Coz got old and new hougang area rite? V confusing :p

heehee... good lah, if the MIL and mother there all qingcai, dont need all the ma fan thgs liao :p heehee...

i gg to fly off liao :p arranged a matchmaking dinner for a fren :p if u got gal or guy frens between 27-35yrs old and still single must tell me k? I like to organise singles outings for my frens and frens' frens :p Now i marry liao must help all my single frens get married soon too :p

seeya all tmr ;)

jasch

Sotonglet : Hmmmm... your mean its very difficult to get Dawn to help with AD PS ar ? I asked about her schedule in July after my AD then decide to go for her lor..

Jol : how much Dawn charge u ? u go direct to her or thru TWD ?

hapimint

I think my mum is the one having so much fun... haha... but okay lar... she happy can le...

Funny thing is people starting giving us AP that day which I gave to my mum since it was all her friends... haha....

sylmc

summer_ice : nope, no 'hui niang jia' on AD. I'm going back on the 3rd day after our AD since it is a PH. My mum very happy!! She said this is very old custom haha. In fact, we will have the tea ceremony at my place first when HTB comes to fetch me. Then we go his place and do tea ceremony with his parents. Then we are off to our solemnization

Jasch : I ask Dawn directly during the PS. She is the in-house PG so definitely charges more than the freelance PG. I will stick to TWD arrangement as I have a total of 3 PGs on my AD. One is my cousin and the other is my florist's hubby. let them play play hahaha

happinessbliss

YL < my frd went to honeypot... she say not bad... I have not tried thou... maybe after i finish my package I will try honeypot for a trial and see how... kekekeke.... but hor, the thought of changing the regular girl who do for me to a stranger... hmmmm....

vivaliciousviv

~~green
<font color="119911">hmmm...tt hotel coordinator muz b a real Bi*ch...i would suggest, if she dun try to help...u gota write email to the mgmt to seek change of wedding coordinator, and also, if u did have evidence of someone who can have 16 Tables same package prices, etc, save the proof and emailed to the mgmt and seek explanation for having double standards? Call n call, email and email and set a deadline for them to revert else you will not recommend pple to come here, i forums, etc..also write something like "This is suppose to be a happy occasion and wedding coordinators are supposed to make things happen and works well for the couple, but apparently your XXX is not accommodating and dont bother to offer alternatives.solutions to her customers, this is an utter disappointment in your hotel/restaurant."</font> i hope u will get a re-dress soon...

~~all
<font color="aa00aa">my 1st time was done on a trial promo, i think was w some spa salon, tt was q fun..then after tried STRIP w my gf as we had the coupon for 1 for 1 offer, she wa sso afraid but after tt it felt really clean lo and carefree..LOL..then i signed up w SUMMER SPA for their package during GSS tt time was really cheap, i think abt $400 for 10 sessions, thus only $40 per treatment! =D but my treatments are exhausting, gotta neg w them again to top up hw much for next10 sessions, haa...they used BOTH cloth, stick, tweezers, wax hot/cold...v smooth aftermath, and really nice service, they are mostly indonesian gals, very gentle and nice pple..tt makes me feel really gd whenever i go there... =D</font>

jo_vin

Haha.. U lagi cute lor! Nvr c for 8 hrs like nvr c for 8 days. Got so kua zhang ma? That means u really very en ai lor.. So sweet... Hehe..

Yaya, Hougang got punggol nasi lemak. Then the fried prawn mee also very nice. N the coffeeshop next to Superbowl also sell alot of nice food! Haha.. Come here from bishan very easy la. Just come from braddell and go all the way then turn to upper serangoon road then reach hougang liao. So easy.. Hehe..

Wah! U open matchmaking agency ah? Haha.. Then got pics to show or not? Wait my frens ask me the gal swee bo, then i dont know how to ans. Hahaha...

jo_vin

Oh ya, about the baby talk. Which topic u wan to go to? If i go, should be gg for the 11.30am one. "11.30 am - 1 pm. Can we afford to have a baby? Is this a good time?" By Ms Anne Tay

Must buy tickets from sistic first? I ask my hubby liao. He say 'zou lor'. Hehe..

charma97

Thanks for the advise girls.. our thread always moving very fast which is a good thing.

Tomorrow onwards will be a busy week for me.. Shall see u all after next week..

Wish me luck.. Keke

jasch

Jol : wah u so mant PG ar.. hehe then ok le lar.. if one take not nice still got another 2 to back up mah.. hehe =P
hmmm... I did ask Dawn before abt her rate.. she quote me a price but she say still got to go thru TWD so i go and asked michelle and at the same time managed to get a discount from her.. hehe

jolene428

Hahaha.. jo_vin: i oso wan to go for that talk!!! I think is our main concern nw lor!!! Coz i in dilemma... i wana be a mummy but then i got so many thgs i need to consider..

yest, i got a shock out of my life... my fren who got married end of sept. told me she preggy liao 0__0 and is unplanned de!!! She has mixed mood nw lor... upset coz she wana do alot of thgs oso but coz its her baby mah so she oso wana keep.. haizz.. i told her dun chou mei ku lian now or else her baby will be ku gua lian when born...

aiyoh then i went back tell my HB hor..if i oso 'accidentally' preggy then solve my problem liao coz dont need to thk so much :p hehehe.. then he trys to de-psycho me again... My frens trying to bet tt i will buay tahan the temptation and preggy soon lor coz I LOVE BABIES... but i will try to focus on my niece and my fren's pregnancy to distract myself lor :p

jo_vin: later after the talk, u suddenly want to make baby now how :p

jolene428

Jo_vin: Oh ya, i just remembered, Heehee... Hehe.. i have a fren with MCYS, i go see if can get free tix :p hehe.. but hor, i think the most is 2 tix.. in tis case, i will share ur cost k? Then $24/2 for 4 of us lor! haha.. i go ask my fren then tell u ^^

ur HB so sweet leh!!! tt time my fren give me free tix for the Marriage convention in Mar hor, my HB oso dun go 0__0 hahaha.. i gg hm to psycho him again :p

who else want to go?

dodolet

Hm... I also having 3... 1 from TWD free lance.. I tried to ask for Dawn but TWD said she was booked...Sigh.. anyway I wanted the journalistic type of photography which after seeing all the fotos done by TWD, none gave me that feeling, so I had gotten an external 1. I asked TWD how much refund to give up the photographer, and they said 100 bux.. So we decided to use for posed shots and standard must take shots, table shots and tea drinking. The funky, candid, wide angle, special type of shots by the other... The last one is my guy JM for fun of it..only for morning and dinner.. church he will be too biz doing my AV. ^^"

cassie, I very lazy 1.. so i go for those strong colors.. even arrangements not nice.. color nice will look nice.. LOL....

jolene428

haha.. jo_vin: i enjoy seeing my frens all finding someone to take care of them!

its like... at least i can An Xin liao lor ;P coz they are like my baby sisters mah :p i older than most of my frens coz i repeat A lvl :p

u wan more info, we can talk in email lah :p or else the rest puke blood liao :p my email is [email protected]

jolene428

same same for the rest! if ya wana intro ur single frens hor... email me oso :p haha..

keke i believe in opening up circle of frens to increase chances to meet the right one soon !! Coz nv know hw fate works oso mah ^^

msclaire

Thanks Selena! I'm wondering if there is a company that do delivery service for the cakes to the different relatives after GDL in the morning. Any idea gals?

lsntyl

vivian>summer spa sounds interesting. Where is it? Don't see any mention of them in the forums.

Happiness>hee, understand what you mean lah. But in the end, all gals.

crown>ok ok. you leh? settle into new position le?

sylmc

the last time when I did our research for PS in France, I actually like their style. However, I can't seem to find similar PGs with that kind of feel here in Singapore
sad.gif
so resign and just get the PG from TWD. Originally want to take my sis's freelance PG who is with another BS but alas, he is booked that day. We have great chemistry with him.

happymrskoh

Jolene: Probably I will leave my nails that way for one more week.. Hee.. can't bear to remove them cos they are still in good shape! =P

Jo_vin: Will pray for you for good weather!How's your preparations? More or less done? Yup, my HB is so bad.. drove away &amp; my JMs can't do anything about it and my relatives started to get a bit worried when they heard him leaving too..But eventually he still got to come back haha

My banquet was at Marina Mandarin Hotel. I love their professional service. We managed to cover the banquet expenses cos HB invited some clients and colleagues who gave really good ABs..Thanks to them! Just that normally relatives tend to give lesser cos one whole family come and only give one AB.. Initially, I was worried about whether can cover or not too and to my surprise,can.. so don't worry, miracles some times happen! =D And congrats your HB is back!

I am planning to have a baby next year cos HB is not young anymore and all of our relatives are chasing us to have a baby. Thanks for the baby talk's recommendation.. I'll go check it out for more details first!

vivaliciousviv

~~crown
<font color="aa00aa">dear friend, so long..
long time no hear frm u wor..where have u been?? eh?changing job soon?? i also thot of tendering soon...in April, i m gettin so sick n tire of my job...today i had fever but i held on n worked and handled afew mad n crazy mad customers..KNN...AHhh...</font>

~~LsnTYL
<font color="119911">Summer Spa is located at UE Square and recently had another outlet at Shenton Way...there are too many spas around liao...i got to know them via Singpost promo...i also tried their FULL body massage...not bad lo..but i prefer they to handle my "pubs".. LOL OMG, i wished i always go BKK for Thai massages....

BTW, i juz booked a getaway trip to BAtam in dec for their Spa Villa KTM resort....for my hubby's bday pre-celebration as i will b working on tt fateful day...33o mins spa treatment, hee....more details can be viewed www.batamspavilla.com
they have v affordable packages and looks pretty relaxing.. =D</font>

simplejer

Hi all

to side track abit. for example if one of my fren wedding is b4 mine(abt 2 weeks b4 my AD) and she invite me to go. Let say my parents not patang..how much to bao for her?

another if i'm not going, how much shld i bao for her?she quite a close fren of me n my htb..but the thing is tt she only invite me as my htb not in sg..shld i bao 2 person shares or jus 1? is $200 enough for not going for both of us?

need some guidelines..TIA

sportyangel

meiling n mrs.chiew : thanks
hahaha u all can see my indon culture mixed with chinese .. hee ...

porsche : no need to add me, just follow d link

v6_ken_miyake

Dear Dec brides-to-be,

Sorry to intrude this forum with my posting.

But I have a little something to share with you, in case you might be keen.

827555.jpg

This is the ang bao box my hubby did for our recent wedding.

We would like to sell it to the next couple who appreciates this design.

It's going for $28 (neg). Please note that this is a squarish box, not the typical Xerox A4 paper box.

Kindly email me at [email protected] if you are keen to own it.

Thanks and may you have a blissful marriage!

strawbsc

hi gals!back at last..from bkk..and back to work again..haiz..sigh..good times fly so fast and work comes so fast..

Green > Is there another co-ordinator that u can speak to?Like when the gal is away on leave etc,there must be someone else that covers her job,or her manager?Tell them it wouldn't look nice with so many empty tables on the actual day and it will not look nice when frens and relatives ask u abt their SERVICE and FLEXIBILITY..
ah...ur future mil abt too much liao lah..2mths b4 AD leh!!how can??haiz..this is too weird..

rach > yeapz..enjoyed myself..my hb and I have next destination plan liao..keekee~~
so now is earn $$ time ~~

cassie02

Summer ice -s o u spend quite a bit on corsages? Hmmm.. maybe i'll ask my bs for some hehe

Anyone wearing a cheongsam? Saw some ready made ones on Zion Creation.. any idea if they are ex? Dun wan to custom made cos no time and dun wan to spend a bomb on something that i most likely won't wear again or very very seldom wear..

vivaliciousviv

~~strawclare
<font color="aa00aa">WELCOME back ..lol..
u mux have a pleasant time at Bvlgari resort AT BALI then BKK, long long trip eh? Baby making plans??</font>

dodolet

Cassie, you can try to get a pretty okie CS at city plaza too at 3 floor or 4th floor... We saw afew nice 1 at mary beauty and another shop at 3rd floor at 1 end, I remember the shop name is about 3 character word. Some shops include alteration

Can try Yu hua also.. They sell CS also..If you are lucky, u can get sales item CS for below 100.

Simpleger, err if she did not send u a card, you can no need to bao angbao..If you wish to can pay 40% to 60% of the market rate bah...