(2008) Brides of year 2008

sylmc

but I thot u have a MTM EG?

For the AD itinerary, yours is dinner right? If dinner, then has to wait till tonight coz the copy is at home.

dodolet

Jol my package came with 2 MTM ah.. 1 WG 1 EG. I only mtm 1 EG... and I did not top up a single cent for my EG also. I told them I am okie with scattered laces and using sequins and beads. But i did tell them it is their job to make the whole thing look good.. LOL... which i am thankful it looks better than I expected as I had use texturing and less den 20% blinks and beadings.

Jol thanks ah.. if u have emcee speech, can pass over also.. ^^.....

lilacbliss07

wow so many pple won 4D.. keke.. i nv go buy le.. hehe...

selena.. the xi stickers i pasted on the day of an chuang.. only for our room.. den my own room i pasted the nite before.. keke...

for the meso jab.. if left 2 weeks can le.. i also did it 13 days before.. keke... on my AD no more bruises le.. only left with my tummy one.. bt tummy area covered up so ok le... keke...

lost. i managed to breakeven.. bt still MIL shudn't take it without our knowing ma.. haiz.. i nv make noise le.. i just let hubby make noise.. keke.. in front of them.. im nice gal le.. =P i nv show my unhappiness in front of them one.. hahahaha...

jo_vin

Hi sleepygal, dont be too upset ya? Whats more impt is the marriage.. So just relax and enjoy the day... There will always be conflicts when doing things, cos everyone have different thinking. So just dont take it too hard and stay happy!

Seeing all of u gals feeling lost after AD makes me abit scared lor.. Cant imagine my hubby will b gg back 3days after our AD. Haiz... I really cant imagine.. I think i will miss him so much and the crying all comes back again.. Then I'l feel even more lost.. Haiz.. I really wish we can be like other couples. Able to stay 2gther after AD. But we have to be separated for at least another 4mths. Sad right?

Jane, congrats on the success of ur meso jab. Btw, is this effect permanent?
Actually i know y u're angry la. Bcos she said one thing and did another right? Even thou the amt is not very big but u just feel that she nvr keep her words? Suan le lor.. Anyway u nvr lose much can le.. U still gg to live w her.. Just tell urself give her as Jia Yong n maybe u'll feel better ba..
N do come back often hor!! Hehe..

Selena, u are also another lucky gal! Ur FMIL will love u so much.. Hehe..

I think the stickers can paste anytime right? Need to have specific timing ah? I dont know also leh..

lilacbliss07

hihi jo_vin.. keke thanks.. im not sure le.. bt now still maintain the figure le.. keke... arms gt slim down bt nt much.. i tin i going to find other lobang for my arms.. LOL.. tough fats there.. LOL...

ya lor i juz treat us give her jia yong.. for 6mths.. LOL...

dun tin too much le.. to me before and after wedding life is abt the same.. jz dat live in diff hse only... so jz enjoy the special 1 and only day can le la.. keke..

stickers can paste anytime le.. only the an chuang one paste during the day of an chuang lor... no specific timing.. keke...

summer_ice

cassie, i ordered 6 corsages, though at that point of time when i ordered, i was only sure of 4 confirmed jiemeis.. but i went ahead to place my order, just in case.. and yeah, i have 6 confirmed jiemeis now..

rayrachel

viv> hahaha.. u are really open gal.. hahaha.. share so much.. keke.. :p
Nite life's getting better... but then. not so good to be sharing too much here.. u really wont know who's reading.. hahaha..
we can talk more when we meet up...

AND WHEN ARE WE HAVING NEXT GATHERING???

HB's having reservist from 15th-27th Dec.. so i'll be alone wor.. sob sob.. sigh...
yah.. so ask me out yeah.. keke.. :p

where's summer spa???

how much u gonna spend for the batam trip huh??

YL> wah!! cool!! hahahaa.. let's go and do it together!! hehehee.. :p
Can share one package or not?? how much is it huh?? whats the range like???
me doo doo abt this.. kekeke.. :p

add me for the survey thing. u have my email...Full name ah.. Alice Rachel Neo will do la... its long enough... if cannot tell me..
happy.gif
happy.gif

Happiness> wah!! $48 for one session ah?? so ex? i can do facial with it liaoz man... kaoz...
Maybe i should check with my beautician if they do it.. hahaha.. but shy sia. kekeke.. :p

There's a thread somewhere i heard.. i think Brauhaus is not good for their waxing.. ooh...
its at Multiply. a gal complained of a famous threading place that conned her into doing BW...she had a nightmare expereince man...
so.. better not try.. hehe.. :p

there's a big shop at Suntec rite?? is that STrip??? looks ex!! hehee.. :p

waxie> how abt we all go for one session together.. ahhaha..when's the next time u regulars going??
we meet together and do it la.. but cannot all have the good one.. later not enough manpower...
Mmm.. how long does one take?? hehehe.. we eat at a nearby restaurant...we take turn to go and come back.. hahahahah..
thats so funny.. :p

clare> hahaha... so whats ur prevention plans like?? share share can or not? heheh.. :p

spoiltbabe> my fren went maldives too.. $3600 for 5 days.. literally 4 days 3 nites.. hehe.. nice scenery though.
happy.gif

eunicet

SotongLet: Care to share your church service prog with me? :p How long do you reckon your service will last ah?

Have you all planned the whole day's events nice nice already?? =)

jo_vin

Jane, haha.. for 6mths.. Haha.. Wah.. u very mean wor... LOL...

Ok, steady! I will call u for supper next time. Eh, when ur hubby go for nite shift u can call me also la. After my AD i will be very free liao. Hubby gg back 3days after that.. Haiz..

Btw, check with u gals, when do we light up the dragon candles at bride's house, n when do we light up the phoenix candles at groom's house? N what else is needed to be placed together? My MIL says Huat Kuey and oranges. What else?

Finished my GDL today le!! One more thing off our mind! N also went for rehearsal today at hotel n everything went well. So happy! But bz and tired day.. Gg to knock out soon. Haha..

jo_vin

Oh another thing. For An Chuang, must be done by good fortune woman right? But if i ask my mum to do it alone, very shiong leh. Then how ah?

lost_in_space

jovin,
happy.gif
light the candles before u go thru the hair combing ceremony~ as for an chuang.. just get a adult to shift the tray on the bed and say something good can liao

lilacbliss07

jo_vin... haha who ask her to take without asking... LOL...

okok den i wait for ur AD over first le... keke...

the candles are light on the morn of AD.. bt my in laws they only light when we rch hubby hse... an chuang can be done by the couple themselves.. den jz ask ur mum to help out can le.. keke... dats wat we do le...

wah ur hotel still got rehearsal ar.. keke.. mine dun have le.. so its 1 time dats it.. haha...

lilacbliss07

oh ya btw to all brides.. FYI when hubby go fetch u to his hse.. when u reach his hse.. all the pple in the hse muz hide in the room and nt see u.. until u go into the room den they can come out.. for those who an chuang at other places.. i tin is as long as u r in the hse.. den they can come out le..

flora_bliss

msclaire> I think you can look for Gulati fashion. My fren always tailor her shirt and her husband's suit there. The shop is located at
73 Soi Nana-Nua Sukhumvit Road, 10110 Wattana, Bangkok. p: 662 2500293 f: 662 2534654

Btw, this morning I bump into Nelle. Din managed to talk coz we were going up and down the escalator. Becoz early morning I'm still sleepy and blur so it took me a while to register who she is. hehehe.

lsntyl

rach>added you le. I more interested in trying blush-wax though. reviews seem better. can't find many reviews for winkwax.

jolene428

blanqq!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!

wooooo honeymoon tmr!!! so good!!!! i need to wait till dec lor.. my HB only finished first paper..another paper to go on 28th dec..i wonder got time to prep for honeymoon or not...

where u gg ah?

jolene428

jane: wahhh u got so much Lobang oso!!! where u gg to do ur arms leh??? my fren who did the 6 sessions $2800 meso oso nt much effect on arms.. thk v tough fats there :p

ohhh..one thing hor, i heard if u wan the meso to last min 6mths..must control carbo intake leh.. coz my fren overeat at honeymoon and her tummy when i see her at my AD...already no longer flat 0___0

jolene428

jane and jo_vin: we can meet for supper and play mj wor!! good lahhhh... both of u hougang easier for me :p keke anyone else to join us?

jo_vin: no worries, we will acc me when ur HB nt ard kk? hee.. got msn must add k? thn even if dont meet we can chat and chat!!!

jolene428

jo_vin: my HB lit his candle before he left the hse and i lit mine before i left my hse oso...

coz hor... MUST REMEMBER!!! Make sure u cannot burn finished the candles... coz its the yuan2 fen4 for ur next generation...and cannot blow out the candles... use the orange skin to cover and let it go off itself...

ehhh for my HB, they pray oranges and the leftover dried mandarin oranges and longans.. for my mother, i nt sure wor...too busy to go see :p

jolene428

an chuang, u do it urself oso can lor... me and my HB lay the bed and then i put the tray in the middle of the bed. My HB and my MIL put the angbaos at the 4 corners neneath the mattress as i said 4 good phrases.

dodolet

I am doing it in toa payoh methodist, my own church.

Eunice, I dunno how long it will last, but I think my pastor say it should be like 45mins max and I told my worship leader to choose 4 songs, 3 for starting worship and 1 for closing worship. All to show 3 things, Happiness & Joy in the Lord, Love of the Lord, and thanks giving. (tall order eh..) where 2 will be fast and 2 slow.

My church program plan only... I haven do the ic for items.
- 4:30 to 5pm Prelude

- 5:00pm Leader to announce the start of the ceremony
1) Bridal Processional (with moi dad)
2) Opening Prayer (1 to 2 mins)
3) Praise & Worship (5 to 10 mins)
4) Scripture Reading (pastor selected Col 3:12-15)
5) Exhortation (10 to 15min)
6) Praise & Worship (not sure needed)
7) Wedding Ceremony (yada yada yada.. I do you do.. blah.. LOL) (5 to 10 min)
8) Solemnization (5mins prepared a PS slide show for this liao)
9) Special Presentation( I chop this out, as I wanna it to be fast)
10) Words to the couple (skip this part also)
11) Praise & Worship (closing song)
12) Lighting of candle & communion (5min)
13) Benediction
14) Post Bridal Processional (hubs and me)
15) Words of Appreciation (gifts to parents) (target 45 mins)
16) Recessional (all the announcement of where to go and who is to stay back for photo taking)
17) Tea Reception
18) Photo Session (formal - with relatives only)
19) Photo Session (2 photographers to go around to capture photography of various guest)
- end (7.30pm)

dodolet

BF and i stayed at asia hotel bangkok. We tailored our work shirts and his suit at a tailor in the hotel itself. I cannot remember the shop name, I think it starts with C, but the boss of the shop is called uncle jack, who looks like 70years old. I ordered in too late and he airmailed my 2 work shirts..fits pretty well.

If you are there, u can check out this shoe shop at 2nd floor in bayioke(cannot remember lah) sky shopping area. I got my wedding shoes there... and she introed me to the shop tat sold me tat purple lace..

When u going msclaire, i will try to find out the name bah..

happinessbliss

Rach < Brauhaus only do eyebrow so thus their name is Brauhaus (read as Brow House).... they don't do Brazilian wax la... their sister company STrip then do waxing...

msclaire

Thanks gals! I'm going on Friday for my hen's night! Do you guys like the fabric in these shops? My gf is asking if we should buy our own fabric here, cos the last time she tailored at another shop in bkk the fabric wasn't very good.

Btw, my invites still not done! focal ad is really so unpro.

flora_bliss

msclaire> You got to check with the shop if they can make for you without buying the fabric from their shop. Some they don't coz they basically earn from selling the fabric and they don't make much profit from charging the workmanship.

kellyduffy

Hey Blanqq,
Congrats.. hee.. mi honeymoon on sat.. will rest first..

Thanks Jolene and Jo_vin.. hee.. thankfully for good weather.. I love to join in occassionally.. me at bedok..
happy.gif

we did not light candles or bedside lamps.. so we skip that..

For an chuang, we followed the instructions from a auntie whom we asked for auspicious date and timing.. we had a elder couple to help us an chuan.. about 3 days before AD. then we paste the red Xi stickers on door and on mirror..

sleepygal79

hey kelly, I am at Bedok too. haha....

The red Xi stickers, pasted on my bedroom wardrobe doors and side the of the wardrobe. Din have any mirror in the room except for the one in the master bedroom washroom.

fionachua83

msclaire, mine insert also print by focal ad but i go throu my restaurant they ask them to print. But they print wrongly lo me is eldest daughter then they print out elder on the insert i did not notice till i wan to write the name so i request for re-print but only take 3 days then i can take liao.

nelle

hi gals (and hi again florabliss!).
Didn't come in lately as I have been caught in a tornado of work.

As some of you have known, my mum passed away (we would say peacefully as she looked like she is sleeping when her heart stopped) at ttsh on the night of 3 Nov. So I was dealing with the aftermath of my wedding and the beginning of funeral arrangements at the same time. The bali trip, of course, will be postpone to 18 Jan.

Thanks for all the concern, prayers and blessings. I am so glad that my husband took charge of the funeral arrangements, all my aunts supporting the decisions and most of all, mum did go through the tea ceremony to see me 'married' off and she looked really happy before she collapsed in the same late afternoon into a coma.

flora_bliss

nelle> My deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm glad you are coping well. Continue to be strong and life will get better for you and your family. If you need someone to chat with, complain to, we are always here.

jfaith

Hi everyone,

been out of action for the longest time in this forum, firstly congrats to those whose AD are over, isn't it a relief! I am having my AD next sun, 30 nov and now rushing all the nitty gritty stuff and schedule...

Anyone know the procedure for an chuang? I am totally clueless abt it. What are the items to be placed and must they be a specific timing?

msclaire

florabliss> Many typos, n unpro in the way they do things. i know problem is because our card is a bit more complicated than other normal cards, which they should be quite good at. in the end i ask them send the raw file to me so i can edit till sui sui back for them. hopefully can collect by this weekend.

nelle> *hugs*

~sblbee~

nelle,
oh mine, im so sorry to hear abt ur mum....im glad dat u r coping well wif d situation
happy.gif
i hope dat u can remain strong as life still goes on
happy.gif
pls know dat we r always here for u
happy.gif

cutiephinphin

hey nelle

My sincere condolenses... btw was your mum at 10C ward? I happened to be there when 1 lady passed away but not sure of the date. Anyway do take care and yep life still has to go on ya...

jolene428

jifaith: hihi! u can check my multiply.com at fariesinn.multiply.com for wat did for An Chuang
happy.gif
Woooo..xiao kai wedding oso on 30 nov ^^

yvonne: HALO!!! CONGRATS!! Must be v relieved nw!!! Great!!!

lost, kelly, sleepygal: haha i will stay in punggol frm 2012 onwards and then near u all oso liao :p we all gg to be so near manz...

hey! wana meet before Xmas? ehhh anyone here has own hse liao and open for visiting? We can have potluck and then exchg xmas presents wor!!! ^^

rayrachel

YL>Mmmm... haha... i anything though..cheap and good..can liaoz.. hahah...

Happiness> Mmm.. i dunno..that person says... the shop is famous for threading.. but recently came out with waxing.and so she tried...and it was horrible.....

cookie23

Hihi so sorry was so busy that I never log in for so long... thanks selena for giving msclaire the number for sweet moments. so pai say...

Msclaire, can you email me a picture of the flower ring? sounds interesting!
happy.gif
My email address is [email protected]

Hi Nelle, my condolences...must be a tough period for u but hang in there ya?

dodolet

Nelle,
Sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences to you and ur family. If you need a hug or a listening ear, drop by and we are willing to lend our ears.....

nelle

hi cutie, mum was in ICU then she moved to 11D ward actually.

Thanks, girls. I am amazed that I can be this strong as well. I even tell my aunts not to cry. I think people who pass by the wake must be thinking what kind of family we are when they see us joking and laughing. Because we choose to think that her life is to be celebrated and she is finally relieved from the pain and ill health - that's her instructions to us when she's alive.

Here's some pics at the wedding dinner, taken by a friend. See how red my husband's face is - after the many rounds of drinking and the elaborate hairdo for me.

832040.jpg

832041.jpg

jo_vin

Ok, candles light in the morning but when exactly huh? Hehe.. And what other things to put on the table? And also when to blow out? I know cannot use blow one right? Must like use 2 oranges n 'giap' away the flame right?

Ya lor, must rehearsal first cos must agar agar the aisle how long. Will do another one on AD also..

Blanqq, congrats n enjoy ur honeymoon! The next time we see u will be when u come back from honeymoon liao! Hehe..

jo_vin

Jolene, ya, i think the person who sell us the GDL stuffs also tell us light up the candles b4 he leave his house and b4 i leave mine. But i cldn't rem. Haha.. N thanks for confirming about the orange to put away the flame too.

Cos i heard ppl say must let good fortune woman to an chaung for us. So we do ourself can ah?

Isit must paste stickers on all mirror panels? My wardrobe door is all mirror! Haha. How about toilet mirror? Must put or not?

Okok, can get Kelly n Lost to join in also. Hehe.. Then just nice 4 person can mj. Haha..

Yvonne, congrats!! So far everyone who posted here had good weather!! So nice!!! Everyone!! Pray for me!! 27th nov hor....