(2008) Brides of year 2008

sylmc

dodolet - can we rent the CS? or would you know of any place which I can rent CS or short dress? I'm thinking of getting a short dress for my AD but contract only state 1 WG and 1 EG for AD so not confident if I can wrestle a 3rd outfit

simpleger - If you are going, just give her 1 AP will do. Let her know early so she can get replacement and not waste the seat.

dodolet

Jol, can try lah... remember u top up alot.. if u are their big top up client, they will treat u well and give some freebiessss... You should just go and goreng them for 1 extra CS. Oh yeah... they have 1 kua that does not have any dragon motive... May be good if u just ask to borrow ah.. 8)..

sylmc

haha my top up is only 26 photos. Definitely not their big top up client. Okie, I will go goreng for 1 extra CS/short dress plus more 4R photos. I just learnt from another BTB that she and I paid for the same package but she has 48 4R poses whereas I only have 20 4R poses. She has 20x?? photo whereas mine is only 16x20 frame!! Xin Li Bu Pin Heng ah!!!!

kellyduffy

hi ladies..

Sorry haven online for many days since i went on leave.. Had an chuan and all the little stuff to finish before AD.

I had my AD yesterday.. now back at hotel after returning the gowns to bridal... hee.. staying 2nd nite..

All in all, we are quite happy and relived that all went well. Had quite good weather yesterday.. only start drizzle when we in car, then no rain when we reach destination..
happy.gif

some small hiccups in the day, but is over, shall not be bothered by it.. i love the hairstyle and make up and happy that we had time to mingle with our guests and i think most guests enjoyed the food too.. My hubby and I enjoyed the march ins... felt very good.. hahhah

I will blog a post-wedding report on multiply later on.. To all gals: enjoy your big day.. time pass so fast and before you know it, the day is over.. hee..
happy.gif

edwin_jing

Dear btbs,

Is there anyone here with a sample AD itinery to share? My hubby is overseas and im here to oversee everything til the Dec 2008 AD. So nerve wrecking... thanks!

flora_bliss

Hi gals. I'm back from and no more biz travelling for this yr. Finally I can settle my wedding stuff. This week got to rush to settle the GDL stuff as it'll be on the coming Sun. I managed to get 3 cheongsams for less than $300. But the lace one need some slight alteration. Do you gals have any reliable recommendation for alteration?

jo_vin

Jolene, so sorry, Now then reply u cos have been bz since hubby came back. Hehe.. 2mr i will be having my GDL le. So excited..

Its ok la. No need to share cost w me. Hehe.. U so sweet. Anyway, i still havent made up my mind if i wanna go. Haha. What abt u? Confirm gg?

HappyMrsKoh, thanks for praying for good weather for me! Hehe.. Preps ok, i would say on the right track. Now some major things left to be done wil be my GDL and An Chuang. Then have to confirm number of tables n do all the arrangements and also AD schedule. So now is really the time to get bz. But really more n more excited.

Hehe.. I hope my ang bao collections wil be enough to cover too. Cos really overspent on other stuffs le. So u gg to the baby talk too?

Kelly, congrats to u having good weather too! N also to everything that went well! Do rem to come back n chat chat thou ur AD is over ya?

Lost!! U really very lucky gal leh! Next time u wan to buy 4D, can jio me? LOL..

Btw, how come so long nvr c Jane liao.. Haiz.. Miss her..

msclaire

welcome back floralbiss, i'm going kl for day trip now for last biz trip of the year!The price of your CS is really a steal! pictures pls!

dreamy79

hihi

had my AD over also and suddenly got a feeling of lost haha....wish that could have my AD all over again miss the feeling and all the preparation times! any gals feeling the same way as me???

sleepygal79

Hi gals,

Anyone of you staying wif PIL / MIL? Any major issues staying wif them? Ever since my GDL, many unpleasant issues happened. Most of the issues are to do wif my MIL. I am really scared and frustrated to stay wif her. She had moved her stuffs and occupy my kitchen cabinets and a room reserved for her. She intends to move in wif us immediately after our customary on this weekend.

Had talked to my hubby, but still back to square one. They blamed me for telling them in the last minute for the additional stuffs for the GDL, not siding my hubby..... Haiz.

The strange thing is that all brides-to-be / groom-to-be should be happy and excited for this special day. But not for us. Had been feeling sore since we started the renovations, preparations... We never had the sense of happiness and excitement in us. Sometimes, pple ask us for the feelings before for the wedding, most of the times, we dun know how to answer. Sian...

sylmc

Hi Jing - Are you hosting a dinner/luncheon? Mine is solemnization prior to lunch. My sisters had wedding dinner w/o solemnization. PM me if yours is dinner/lunch and I would share a sample with you.

stay

hi sleepygal, im also gg to stay with my PILs after the wedding. i know exactly how u feel, the fear of not being able to stay with them, esp the MIL. i feel that as the woman in the family, the MIL is used to making decisions for the family when it comes to the home. As for us who are newly wed, im sure we've all along had in mind how we would want our marital home to be like too. Hence there may be conflicts at times. I think u have to ask ur hubby to be the middle person n talk to his mum TACTFULLY. u wouldnt want anymore misunderstandings. If u want some time of ur own, is it possible to get ur MIL to move over only after a few months? At least let the 2 of u settle down after ur AD and have some time together?

Im sure alot of BTBs are excited but yet very stressed by the preparations and conflicts with HTBs are inevitable. I oso dunno how to answer when ppl as how's my wedding preps. I just say ok lor. But try to make the best of what u can. Focus on the happy stuff? U seem really unhappy. Cheer up okie! This is a once in a lifetime moment, the phase of wedding preps, that is. Be positive okie! You and ur HTB will do just fine!

strawbsc

viv > lol..yeapz..eat and sleep everyday..in the sun.our next destination is maldives..so have to earn more $..BB??nope~~2 more yrs..this is what we planning so far.Actually we dun wan to have kids lah..but who knows we might get bored later or accidents might happen (which I dun think so lah~haha).So far,we only have plans to improve ourselves together and get settled down financially first.

lsntyl

florabliss>wow! That's a v good buy. Want to see them. My 1 piece of CS cost more than your 3 CS...

Meiling>how was your HM?
happy.gif

jolene428

hihi sleepygal: I am staying with PIL/MIL and also GIL..so far so good for me... can feel the increased in responsibilities coz need to PR with them... and sometimes i felt uncomfy when i returned home late coz i went out with frens alone etc.. or when my HB made the efforts to fetch me from work as regular as he can afford the time.....and i can see that my GIL wana a great grandchild soon..coz she gets very excited when i said i m visiting my newborn niece and she gave many advices on tis and tt oso... stressed.. i told my HB, if persisted hor thn he got to go tell them our 2yr plan..

sighh.. actually its normal that staying with PIL and MIL is not easy coz its a brand new life already and now u got to adapt to another's lifestyles... somemore if the MIL is not qingcai..lucky mine is qingcai... but sometimes i oso gets lazi to entertain them :p haha.. u can see my MIL and GIL 'fighting' for attention :p

I think ultimately the MIL is worried that the son's wife took the son away from her lor...maybe its good to try to talk to the MIL and 'assures' her that she gains a daughter, not lose a son...i think eventually they will know ur goodness...

visited my niece yesterday, so kawaii but so sad coz i couldnt visit since she is born and hence she abit like 'angry' with me
sad.gif
got to visit her often to let her feel my existence... and to know hw much i love her
happy.gif

Dont be sad k?
happy.gif
its normal to be stress preparing for wedding.. so did I
happy.gif
Cried alot lor... tho MIL didnt give me stress but my Mum did... but well i m thankful my Mum thinks i did a good job for the wedding ^^ And nw r/s with her is better
happy.gif
I can see her getting excited when i said i m gg hm often...whenever i can
happy.gif

sleepygal: dont worry lah! soon it will be over ^^ wat lies ahead is a long long future for u two k? Not sure was it discussed and agreed earlier regarding ur MIL staying with u and ur HB. Is he the only son? For me, my HB told me frm the start, he needs to stay with, if nt near his parents coz he is the only son and his two sisters are pretty self-centred.. and sincei have no problem with my Inlaws so i m okay with it.. But of coz we applied for a BTO flat and will decide later whether to move out or stay put in my MIL hse ^^

jolene428

dreamy79: hahaha.. same here for me :p a bit loss after AD.. but lucky i have many thgs to distract me.. or shld i say too many thgs... and i need to decide wat shld be done and wat shld nt...

jolene428

jo_vin: actually i haven really decided yet oso
sad.gif
coz i realised my gd fren's bd on 30th and since i need to be at xiaokai wedding on 30th nov so i have to celebrate for her on 29th nov...

u let me know again ba :p heehee.. no worries lah..i thk u two gg to be soooo tired lor...better rest well leh...after ur AD
happy.gif
We can always meet again lah ^^

HappyMrsKoh: hahaha my nails still intact also :p when u gg to remove it, we can go together lor :p hahaha abit uncomfy coz my nails started to grow liao but maybe can last another week :p but must take out before i go for honeymoon :p

Kelly: Congrats to ur wedding!!!!!!!!!Must be really *phew* its over right??? And so happy to hear tt the weather is good and everythgs great
happy.gif
No worries lah, no wedding is perfect one, heehee... there is bound to be hiccups here and there ^^ Wats impt is u two enjoyed urself
happy.gif

vernwyen

hi ladies...!!! glad to see all here again :D boss not in i eat snake abit :D

green:
now left with yours already, how's preparation? Doesnt seem smooth sailing though...

strawclare:
the villa was awesome! wish we could afford to stay there... Yea, Maldives is beautiful, it is actually one of our HM destination but after considering the cost we dropped this plan. My company actually had a 50% discount on one resort as it was our project but the promo happened to be a month before our AD so... sigh... too bad
sad.gif

~sblbee~

nec n lsntyl,
i havent go for my honeymoon yet.....will b departing on 1 dec n returning on 15 dec :p my target will b bags-shopping :p

florabliss,
i saw ur CS le...i love d lacey as well as d tan-tan design one
happy.gif
really value for $
happy.gif

lsntyl

Meiling>hee, ok. glad your tour worked out in the end. Look forward to hearing more about your HM.

Florabliss>ya. The CS really good value. What's your tailor. Must visit if I ever go SH.
happy.gif

flora_bliss

Meiling, LSnTYL> Actually I wanted to look for my old tailor. But becoz he relocated and changed his contact nos. So I couldn't find him. In the end, I chanced upon this seamstress who has a good attitude and charges reasonably. If you gals interested, let me know. I'll PM/ email you the details.

sleepygal79

hi stay, my hubby is already the middle-man between me and his mum. I want some time of our own but MIL wants to come in to stay after our AD. Told my hubby my intention, he is not keen on my proposal. Most important thing is that the mum still wants to squeeze into the house and make most of the decisions.

hi jolene, good for you. At least the r/s between u and ur in-laws are not bad.

It could be true that my MIL is worried that I will take the son away from her lor...But how to start the topic and 'assures' her that she gains a daughter, not lose a son.
Dun worry, babies won't get angry so easily. they like to be pampered. when she get a bit older, can buy her toys and goodies for her. she will be a happy kid.

Same here (Crying alot in front of my hubby). I am happy and thankful that my parents are supportive of me and gave me precious encouragements and advices in the preparations. I promised my parents to back for gatherings and dinners whenever I can.

My hubby is the 2nd son. My hubby did told me that he needs to "invite" his mum to stay wif us but I did not expect to be so soon. My MIL also had some conflicts with her elder DIL (Daughter-in-law), over the grandchild. But I think I also heard from hubby's SIL that they actually face the same problem before their wedding before they got married. Should be the attitude and mindset of my MIL that is causing the problem. haiz.

Thanks gals for providing me such valuable advice and encouragements. Appreciate it alot.

jolene428

sleepygal: hmmm.. maybe coz of wat happened to ur HB's sis-in-law thats why ur MIL takes immediate actions to move into ur hse str after ur AD...

its hard to really start the topic but then maybe its good to find opportunities to show affection to ur MIL and that you are gg to treat her well etc... giving her attention may be a good start.. maybe just chitchat and ask how she is once a while ba
happy.gif
though i m ok with my MIL but then like most ppl, its hard to express affection to 'a new mother'... but its smthg u need to learn somehow..

and maybe its good to sit down with ur HB to help him to understand ur distress.. coz the future is urs and u two got to walk thr it together... so he needs to understd how he can help u too
happy.gif
Most imptly to let him know u dont detest his mother, and just want more pte time with him. And if the MIL has to come so soon, how you two are gg to cope with no privacy.. coz he may be used to her but he has to be fair to u...

hmmmm.. but tis may also be because u and ur HB didnt firmed up certain details before planning for wedding.. but its nt too late still to sit down and set the rules and expectations right...

And thanks for the consolation... haizz.. i guess got to slowly let my niece love me :p if nt.. will just thk tt we no fate.. haiz..

annabella

hi koyoyo,

Yup...looking forward to my first ski trip...
which airline you are taking? mine is korea air.
yr departure date is 26 Dec, 10.55pm?

lsntyl

anyone likes to take surveys? can redeem for NTUC vouchers and other stuff. I've been doing for quite a while le. There's a member intro member promo going on now so if you interested, can tell me and I refer you. This way, both of us earn some extra points.
happy.gif
website is http://sg.aipsurveys.com/

vivaliciousviv

~~starwclare
<font color="0000ff">well..same here....maybe 2 years later? wanna 2 persons tgh enjoy can liao...LO
but 2 days ago he was having steamboat w his colleagues aed Bugis area &amp; he saw many cute newborn babies in his sight, then the night after we met for dinner after my hectic work he asked me shall we try for a baby..i was like..
"HUH?!" then i juz said maybe later ba, i aint ready for this yet and ....financially, career wise we are both unstable..better dun add burden lo...</font>

Maldives was one of the place where DJ Glen Ong n squeeze Jamie Yeo went for photoshoot when they gg to get hitch...it looked Awesome when i saw the pix in the 8 days spread. damn..pple pay for their pre-honeymoon, clothes, food, etc, it's so GOOD to be a "star" watever artiste...life is juz...SCREAM UNFAIR! i also wanna have endorsement le, like nw the Michelle n the Adam. liew..so many hoo-haa abt their upcoming wedding sial...LOL....

stay

Jolene: Thanks for the article on weightloss. It just inspired me to have a carbo-free lunch! Was gonna cook porridge until i read the article. heehee! feels healthier now!

Sleepygal, like wat Jolene said, ur hubby is used to his mum but he has to be fair to u. hope u can talk things thru with him. ur MIL is probably the not-so-easy to deal with kind since her elder DIL oso has problems with her. u have to be very tactful with her. do try the soft approach,they like to be well-respected.good luck to u! hope u get ur private time with ur hubby after ur wedding!

jolene428

sleepygal: Jiayou k! I believe if ur MIL dotes ur HB alot, winning her over actually will be beneficial to ur life in the future. Esp when u need someone to help when u have a baby ^^ Its so much easier to come home from work, so tired but yet freed from majority housework and even cooking (hehe.. lazy me will enjoy these privileges :p coz at my own hse i oso no need to do housework :X)

look at the bright side k!!!

stay: hahaha! happy that it is helpful to u!! At least make more sense now right as to hw the body works and hw to have natural weight loss without resulting from nutrients deficiency!!! ^^

lsntyl

spoiltbabe>can, can. you send me a pm with your full name and the email address you want me to send to, can? cos I need to fill in your full name and donno which email address to same.

anyone else who wants me to refer you, can just pm me too.
happy.gif

lilacbliss07

hiee gals... sorry very busy after AD too.. 1 week nv go work so much work piled up.. hahaha.. den also trying hard to get used to staying at my in laws place.. haiz really tired manz...

jo_vin.. i miss u all too.. sorry for coming in less often.. keke...

ya lor i also feel abit lost after AD.. bt ok le.. still got photos to keep the memories alive.. keke cant wait to get the photos and video from my PG &amp; VG...

so far my r/s with my in laws after i move in ok nia le... nothing much to chat with them.. so i just stick to hubby.. keke.. when he not at hm den i also go out or go back my hse le...

1 very angry tin is my in laws promised to give us all the ang baos to cover the tables.. den in the end my MIL still keep 2 angbaos total of $400.. den plus she do her hair and makeup nv rtn me money.. so total $480.. and she say it's for jia yong.. so angry..

dodolet

Sigh.. i just realise i haven plan the detailed hour by hour events on my AD. Anyone got a AD event listing for gatecrash, tea drinking, church, and dinner? Thanks!! ^^"

selena

Lost: Both me and FMIL strike 4D last Sat.. my parents also strike the previous wkend.. guess our wedding bring luck to both sides. although winnings not big, we still happy. FMIL bought the amt for Si Dian Jin and the no really came out.. hee
happy.gif

Had GDL yesterday and everything went smoothly.. we did a simple one.. seems like a gathering for our families.

Btw, do you paste the wedding stickers b4 an chuan or after an chuan? Or is there any period to paste b4 AD?

jolene428

congrats to those who won 4Ds!!! So good.. i wish i can win oso then cover my honeymoon :p till now i not very looking forward to my honeymoon :X hahaha... sianz...

ehhh u mean on the front door? i paste the day before because just nice i did the An Chuang on the eve of my AD.. i paste 1 at front door and 1 at room door for MIL hse ^^

lost_in_space

selena.. good for u :D i hope can tio toto tonight..hehee..

jane.. hmm.. did u manage to breakeven? if yes, then never mind lor.. don't get pissed over money matters.. u still going to live with them.. unless ur hubby make noises.. if not u make noise, they will think u very bad...

selena

Jane: I thought of going for meso jab but doubt have enough time.. another 13 more days to AD.. hopefully i dun look fat when taking photos that day..