(2008) Brides of year 2008

As I already informed all my friends and relatives for my side, I find it fustrating chore to re-schedule the wedding date. I told bf that if he listened to his mom to reschedule, I felt like calling off the wedding and just ROM.

Heng ah, my bf came up with the idea of ROM on the "auspicious" date demanded by his mom and we sticked with the orginal date for banquet. His mom agreed!
happy.gif
I'm happy with this plan as I don't need to go through the chores of rescheduling everything hehe. Now we need to update JP and pay $100 to MUA for extra ROM makeup.

stay

Jolene: i will wash my hair before going out so at nite dun need to wash already. as for the morning, i will wear those tight surgical gloves to protect the nails! haha!
u had 9 tables of friends?? wow!!! i only have 5.5 tables.... my list keeps getting reduced.... even my JM cannot make it... so sad...
sad.gif

i think the guest list is really a pain!

jolene428

ahhh.. i invited alot of long lost frens lor... actually shld have more de but some grps only 50% available so no choice lahh.. after so long, its been wonderful to see them again!!!

i tld them i definitely will arrange a more 'formal' gathering for them all~

And of coz my two overseas frens who flew over for my wedding! till nw i m still so touched!!! i m gg to visit them next yr!!

jolene428

ahh ur JM not free ahh? if not free no choice mahh.. i have a good fren (tt one who sent me flowers) who cannot attend coz her wedding in jan 09
sad.gif
tt one quite sad case too.. sighh...

jolene428

ehhh...not sure if ya heard the radio.. there is tis talk on Maybe Baby on 29 Nov which i think maybe we can all go and listen together. Then we can better understand hw ready we are and how do we be ready for a baby ^^ Esp those who plan to have baby soon wor :D

want to go together mah? can get ur spouse along oso... woooo BIG GATHERING!!! i was thinking of hearing it then see if we are really thinking too much or we shld just go ahead and have baby!! :p heehee...

fionachua83

msclaire, thanks. Ya the cakes is deliver by guys side on GDL day. My parents also invite my relatives over to my house this coming sunday so that we dun hav to go distribute and also to save time. So when is ur GDL?

Lsn,
I used the trial makeup already. Our hotel will provide us with free function room for the ROM, so we save on the venue rental.

Next week, my bf will try to negotiate with hotels to exchange the unused tables for 2k+ vouchers. Hehe I feel heart pain for the 2K+, as I rather use it to pay for my honeymoon or room rental ($700 monthly).

dodolet

hm okie..

Jol, meimei, cassie, racht, mrsfoo, and whoever wanna update your info:

Please provide the information with this format and i will add in to the tables tonite bah..

Bride:
AD:
Bridal Studio:
Banquet Venue:
AD PG:
AD VG:
Multiply ID:

cassie02

Thanks Sotonglet! =)

Bride: Cassie02
AD: 19 Dec
BS:French Bridal
Banquet venue: Traders
AD PG: Coffee & Tea Dreamworks
AD VG: Forest Productions
Multiply id: Yvaine02

fairybride

Hi Sotong..tks!!

Bride:mrsfoo
AD: 20 and 21 Dec
Bridal Studio: Jawn Happy Ever After
Banquet Venue: Holiday Inn Park View
AD PG: am.pm
AD VG: Shem motion
Multiply ID:mrsfoo

charma97

Jolene: Same here leh.. If both sides of my parents go into details to invite all, will come up to 100 tables.

I cannot attend the baby talk.. going honeymoon from 27nov - 2 dec.

cookie95

Hi Sotong

Can you add me too? =)

Bride: cookie95
AD: 20 and 28 Dec
Bridal Studio: The Wedding Present
Banquet Venue: Oriental
AD PG: Chris Ling Photography
AD VG: Forest Production
Multiply ID:

Thanks!

stay

yvonne: ure so efficient!!! already have ur love declaration printed out.... so where are u gals gg for honeymoon? mine is 1dec to 5th dec. going maldives. woohoo!!!!

charma97

Yeah.. coz the older generations of ours had a few wives. that why the family is so big.. During festival, i greet them till i blur..

i am going taipei.. jolene leh?

baobei123

My AD is tis sun ma.. shd get ready..

actually i quite stress.. yesterday my GDL.. I still call my MIL aunite i think she not so happy wif it.. i think my FIL hint me ur mummy (refer to my MIL) i think she waiting for me to call her tat la..
but i juz cant open my mouth..

and told my SIL abt it.. haiz... then my MIL say like hope i give luck to my hubby and give birth to a boy... i almost wan to jump up and flare up..... boy??? then if till then i cant get a boy then wat they trying to do to me leh!!!!

arhhhh i juz hope my flat complete soon....
fr AD to move in wif them until my flat is ready ...

i going to korea from 5 jan to 12 jan

msclaire

Fiona, mine is on 15 Dec, mon. Hah then only the retired relatives can come
happy.gif
a bit short of time to prepare for stuff cos we've been hands off the wedding pretty much for the last 2 months...now picking up what we left off.weekends seem so precious now!

fionachua83

msclaire, ya lo i agree weekend seems so precious to me. My AD on 6 dec but i still haven go for my food tasting haha and wedding cards still haven send out. Cos my hubby tat time say dun wan to go eat so early.

jolene428

wow!! so fun!!! taipei, korea and maldives wor...........

charma97: u shld travel to yilan and hualian if u got time
happy.gif
very nice places!! i went there last yr via roadtrip.. taipei, yilan, hualian and nantou... miss it sooo much!

thk next yr i gg with my frens.. tis time i m gg in summer and gg to bring back lotsa stocks to sell ^^

Ohhh i am gg to japan!! central japan 3dec-11dec ^^

yvonne: hw come u dont wan call her mother? i already called my MIL mama since 2006 after my ROM.. at first we all nt used to it, nw we sooo used to it liao :p keke.. maybe coz she v nice person.. ^^ nicer than my mother :X

ehhh ur inlaws so gu ban meh.. must have boy ahh.. u shld tell them probability of having boys are lower lor... and its nt ur fault if nt boy...

i feel uncomfy when my inlaws relatives all said zao shen gui zi during my wedding... stress...... coz GIL is old liao mah..so they all want us to give birth for her to be upgraded to Greatgrandma
happy.gif
but weird leh...why tell me more often thn tell the other cousin who married in sept.. ehhh weird...

jolene428

yvonne: u so good can go during offpeak in jan!! my HB is a teacher so every yr only can travel during peak period
sad.gif
so ex.......

baobei123

i find it hard to call her... call like cant call out...

sianz lor... nv say anything... i dont really feel like giving birth now ... they sound like give birth very easy... i dont know if they will compare anot cos my da shao got a bb boy.. then stress me...

then my MIL got help her do confiment then come back talk abt her.. like princess and keep on lying down.. nv walk abit tat y got infection.. all come back and tell his family....

my hubby actually plan to go immediately within this mth but I am too busy wif my work till 12 dec and the rest onward fully booked liao till jan..

charma97

Jolene: are you jolene in multiply that send me the itinery?

Very confused.

I also till now call my mil auntie.. even though I ROM in 2006.. LOL... very hard leh.. call her mother.. but after next week, must change liao.. aiyo.. think of it i feel weird.

baobei123

atleast before the tea ceremony she didnt mind right... now mine start to mind liao... my MIL..

imagine tea ceremony call for the 1st time would be more meaningful even I dont wish to ....

they r quite a big family.... whereas mine only small....

haiz... still complaint.....

stay

yvonne: go tell ur ILs that even if its a baby gal, its becoz of their son. the gender of the baby is dependant on the father. this is scientifically proven.

jolene428

charma97: i am that fariesinn multiply account ^^

ehhhhh..why not u all call them Mother instead? Tts wat my da sao called my mum oso... then can differentiate oso... now so funni..i go out with MIL and Mum then when call mama and papa, both turned :p ahahaha... but i think call them cutely is good :p coz my HB oso called them like tt... maybe they will like me more..:p

aiyoh.. yvonne: u tell them u dont wan baby so fast lor or ask ur HB said..coz in inlaw family, best the HB speaks... so there wont be misinterpretation...

but hor, my da sao oso 2yrs later then got baby wat.. wats wrong to wait? aiyohhh...she want more babies, thn ask ur da sao has 2nd kid soon :X

my mum oso pushing me to have baby lor...she said by her birthday in Aug 09, she want two grandchild 0__0 crazi.. where got so easy?! But of coz, coz we nt in the hurry so we did precaution lah.. cfm wont have de lor...:X

i told my mum nw she focus on my newborn niece first.. then later niece grow up a bit then i preggy just nice or else if i next yr preggy, she wear gt time take care of 1 preggy woman and 1 baby? LOLZ...

gg to have a family bbq on 22 nov..i think i m gg to hear ppl ask when have baby .. think either i push the qns to my HB or i push to my HB's cousin since they got married first.. then the wife same age as me...

baobei123

I told my hubby abt tat.. is it a fault tat i give birth to a gal.. y stress to help him to give birth to a bb boy...

i am quite angry my hubby didnt help me talk...
he juz say they juz say some ji li words...

last time when my da shao preg.. she say nvm its a boy or girl.. and now she told me tat help him to give birth to a boy....

anyway if ask me give birth i not so angry cos old ppl is like tat....

jolene428

keke.. ya ya, old ppl are always asking ppl to give birth.. aiyohh...

but hor they din realised coz their generation just keep giving birth and focus only on kids and no romance liao... tts why when they grow old they felt the loss when kids grow up and have their own lives...

tts why we must continue to live our lives no matter we got kids or nt...

selena

So envy that AD is over for some of you... mine will be last day of Nov.. GDL will be this Sun... Hope everything goes smoothly..

I am actually looking forward for honeymoon in Dec rather than AD cos seems like many stuff not prepared yet..

For GDL, is it groom side give 12 oranges and we return 12 oranges or groom give 12 oranges and we return half.. very confused..

jolene428

hihi selena: wat i did was groom side gave 12 oranges and i return half
happy.gif

haha i think its normal most brides look forward to honeymoon than AD coz its a time to reward urself for the mths of hardwork and stress ^^

kayjay

Hi SotongLet,

Here's my updated info:

Bride: kayjay
AD: 27 Dec
Bridal Studio: Venus, JB
Banquet Venue: Tangs Court Restaurant @ RELC Hotel
AD PG: MotionImage
Multiply ID: jing84

Thank you! =)

jo_vin

Charma97, sounds quite a good idea to have one next yr and another one in rabbit yr. Dont know hubby want or not. Also must c if financially allowed or not leh.. Very shiong leh.. Haha..

Aiyo, dont quarrel with ur hubby la. Things are bound to happen. Relax and try to find a solution 2gthr ba...

Blanqq, ur colleagues really damn mean leh. They nvr been thru it they dont know how diff isit for us to arrange the table seatings. Less than a week le n they still dont want to cfm. Btw, u gave them the invite alrdy? If they zi dong, then they should give u ang bao. Cos once u give them the invite, means u alrdy reserve a seat for them le.

Usually there are 2 VIP tables. Usually called 'VIP' n 'Bridal'. 'VIP' is for the groom's side immediate family and both of u to sit. 'Bridal' table is for ur immediate family to sit. If not enough ppl, then can get some relative to sit 2gthr.

jo_vin

Jolene, ya lor. Time flies right? I feel like not enough time cos i think the process of preparing for the wedding is really quite enjoyable. Haha.. Yes, after all our weddings are over, then we can have a gathering le! Hehe..

Stay, haha.. Ya, my hubby really quite sweet to me. He always think for me n scared i worry this n worry that. But sometimes i feel that i let him worry too much n feel bad. If ur jiemeis cant buy the things with u, then u go n buy urself lor. My eve also on Wed, so most prob have to go get myself. Quite sad right? Like so lonely. Haha..

Dont know if the throwing of chilli padi works or not leh. Wait for Jane to tell us if she did it. Haha... Cos her day was really very hot!!

Wooh.. Jolene, ask hubby to shower for us on AD! Hahaha.. Dont know if my hubby will scold me siao or not. LOL..

Wah! U n ur hubby 2gthr for 9yrs liao! That's very long lor!!

Charma97, u also very long. Alrdy stay 2gthr for 5yrs. No wonder u can start to have baby immediately. So nice.. No wonder u got so many tables also. Cos ur hubby eldest son. It's like that de. But is he the first to get married in the house? Cos if he is, then will be happier and invite even more lor..

~sblbee~

fionachua,
dun worry....im sure everything will b fine, i oso felt d same way, time was so precious n it seemed nv enuff cos so many things not done but eventually things sill fall into place de
happy.gif

jac,
i sent out my invites to my frens n colleagues at least 1 mth b4 my AD cos d RSVP date is 2 weeks b4 d AD
happy.gif
for my relatives, it's verbal informing in advance to save d date n den sent them on d day of GDL
happy.gif

jo_vin

Haha.. Jolene, ya! Let's hug and share our joy or sorrows 2gthr in future! Think we'll be able to utd more of each other also. Anyway, i got ur number le. Hehe...

10 BOMBS!!! Wah! U sure have alot of friends.. I havent got one for like quite long liao.. Haha.. Frenless me..

Stay, good idea to use those gloves! Then can wash at any time right? Erm.. must go n buy liao. But whr to get them huh?

Ya, table arrangements really headache. I also had some cancellations and had to re-arrange the tables. Very sian..

Jolene, can give more details of the baby talk? Maybe we can go 2gthr! But i wil only check out hotel on 29th. So have to c what time is the talk etc.

Yvonne, icic.. Thanks for offering. I've alrdy done up mine some time ago. Just that cannot elaborate here cos my hubby sometimes to log in n c de.. Sssshhh.. Hehe...

I think now still quite diff to change the way u call them ba. Msust slowly get use to it. But of cos during tea ceremony, must call liao. Then after that easier way to call them is by calling them 'Mother' and 'Father'.

Hahahaha!! Gender dependant on their son! LOL! Well said Stay!

stay

jo_vin, dun feel sad coz i hardly get "bombs" too, and judging by the number of tables i have, im even more frenless!
can get the gloves from guardian, think $2 plus for a packet. i use it for body scrub so already have supply at home.

usually call them father and mother only after tea ceremony rite? im still calling auntie n uncle too. but after wedding will be father and mother. i cannot bring myself to call mummy and daddy leh, sounds so weird.

selena

U so all so good.. there was one mth this yr that i have 4 bombs.. really very xiong lor.. maybe friends are abt the same age so time to get married.. think nxt yr should be less liao cos i m one of the last few to get married despite together with my FH for almost 10yrs..

agree with Stay.. usually after tea ceremony then call father and mother.. i also find it weird after calling auntie for so many years..

jolene428

hahaha!! Yea Jo_vin!!! Definitely lah! Think we can hug and complain about our HB together when they no time for us :p kakaka...

but hor, ur hB sooooo sweet de!!! Heee..my HB must depends he free or busy LOLX.. if he is free then very sweet but busy time oso nv hiu me! Coz he too stress with his own issues liao :p

aiyohh..wat frenless.. u v cute lor! No lahh, coz i 29yrs old mah.. so my frens mostly are 26-30 yrs old..all marriagable age liao lor!

And the 10 includes xiaokai, 1 more cousin and 1 is my HB cousin. Hahaha... and 2 of the 10 are ROMs but are big scale ones, not sure after tt they still got wedding dinner or not lor... Damn stress lehhh... coz all consider close frens and relatives so ermmm pocket burnt...

But then frens jiang xin bu jiang jin wat
happy.gif
So it's okay lah! I am happy for all of them to find the ones in their lives
happy.gif
Same for u all
happy.gif
Happy for all of u!!!

jolene428

keke actually look at the bright side.. after another father and mother is good oso mah :p hahaha...

and i m happy coz my HB ah ma stays with him. My family too small le.. just parents, brother and me. when my bro got married and moved out.. is really like 3 poor thgs at hm. Dad and me used to work late oso... when i m home he already aslp and when he wake at 5am to work, i still slping... So very qi1 liang2 at hm
sad.gif
I thk my mum gg crazi staying home alone oso, lucky nw she has a baby to play with :p But hor, coz i m frm a small family, i actually enjoyed my HB's big family life :p hahaha... my younger SIL is airstewardess so her working hrs is upside down. U will see her still awake at 5am and sleeps in the morning.. so we always go out for midnight movies and ktv even on wkdays!!! My own hse by 11pm is lights out 0__0

rayrachel

viv> haha.. sorry been busy past week..and forum doesnt email me as well!! i wonder what happened again. haha.. :p

Mmm... what u wanna share abt nite life leh? haha.. ;P

hahhahaa.. u soooo funny la...

well.. its silly to lose it to the brand new bf of urs la.... what an idea.. kaoz... haha....

Not as passionate as in compared to what/who??

how does brazilian spice up the life? hehehe.. :p

green> wah!!! tested goods before proposal ah... hahahhaa.. got like that one meh??
hahaha.. well.. i believe there cant be that bad goods la... it can always be worked out..and it should be worked out between the 2..if the quality is not so good..
hahahha... Mmmm.. i dun believe in pre-marital though.. kekeke.. :p

Well.. still practising and making the best out of it... what to do.... brand new leh..
hahaha..
happy.gif

huh?? u so performance driven de ah?? how can he be if he's new?? haha.. i guess an expert is good.. but it'll mean he's tried many other gals as well...

so when will be ur ROM???

Happiness> cleaner in what sense huh?? wanted to try.. but shy leh.. hahaha... :p
where u go to do?? any recommendation?? hehe.. :p

clare> looks like u are enjoying urself n having great nite life.. hehehe.. :p
whenever u can la..hor...

sylmc

Hi sotonglet, my infor as below. Thank you very much for your hard work. Appreciate it :D

Bride: Jol akaAoiumi (sylmc)
AD: 6 Dec 2008
Bridal Studio: Thomson Wedding Design
Banquet Venue: Japanese Garden
AD PG: Let me check with TWD first
AD VG: Dun have
Multiply ID: Aoiumi