(2008) Brides of year 2008

vivaliciousviv

~~Happiness&Bliss
<font color="aa00aa">hmmm...i thot so...some may say wana leave a strip in the middle of the triangLe or to shave/trim to put ur man's initial (eg"S", "Z", etc) haa, but i guess i juz once n fOr all "ALL OFF!!" i felt more comfy and nice le, like when i was 7-12 yrs old, so clean and Looks kinda Cute.. Haaa....my man ah...ermz, i think he ok w it lo...but when i ask him wana go for Brazilian wax/shave/trim, hmm, he ok at times but most sianz lik tt...haaa, ur hubby le? Willing to trim his Bush? haaa...

i initially went Strip....thn nw w Summer Spa lo..LOL</font>

simplejer

hi sotonglet

jus use the search n key in ribbon roses..there will be a number of them..jus click on it..sorry i nv save the link. its easy to search on youtube..

eunicet

meimei: Mine is actually 27 Dec, so still have SOME time!!
happy.gif
Wow, yours in 32 days time! So exciting!

And Simplejer, yours is in 25 days time!!! :p By the way, my GDL is even simpler than yours.
happy.gif
Just 10 cakes and oranges and that's it!

SotongLet: My budget is just a bit more...Gonna spend only about $450 lor.
happy.gif
I'm contemplating this person from Flowerville and the other one from MySummerScents (both can be found online)...

racht: I'm DIYing, but haven't finish yet. Haha, will share when I can. But some other brides have it on their Multiply sites. You on Multiply?
happy.gif

racht

eunicet.. nopez.. hvnt create one yet.. jol asked me to do so.. but hvnt really hv time arhz.. *will try to do over this wkend* hvnt finalised my guestlist.. invitation cards nt printed yet.. bros/sisters/helpers nt confirmed yet.. GDL nt done yet.. a list of pending items (=__=")

lost_in_space

hehe.. u all still got the 10 commandments.. my hubby only sang song outside the room when he came to fetch me.. very funny part.. cos he forgot the lyrics.. then he stop and said.. then i cannot remember.. and laugh and smile and the video..haha.. lucky 1 jiemei helped him out..

lost_in_space

hehe.. u all still got the 10 commandments.. my hubby only sang song outside the room when he came to fetch me.. very funny part.. cos he forgot the lyrics.. then he stop and said.. then i cannot remember.. and laugh and smile and the video..haha.. lucky 1 jiemei helped him out..

jolene428

keke.. actually didnt thought of the 10 commandments but one of the jiemeis who stayed over said her fren did it and quite a good idea so we just write one out lor..

actually as long as u feel tt ur HB is doing smthg beyond himself for u infront of his frens (u knw guys' ego manz), its good enough liao :p

stay

morning gals!!! got lost in the train of posts again... =.="

agree with jolene that as long as HB is doing something beyond himself, i think its good enuff. tts why for the "suan tian ku la" part, i was thinking of just making him eat dark chocolate coz i know that itself is already beyond him coz he hates bitter chocolate whereas he likes bitter gourd. dun necessarily have to torture to the max ba. i like jolene's "to kiss jolene and say i love u every morning before gg to work and every night before gg to bed. " heehee... so sweet!

jo_vin: u might wanna try hinting to ur coordinator that ur frens all got upgraded to presidential suite? see if she gets the hint? haha! im also thinking if i will get bumped up to the suite coz mine is just a premier room, meaning no living room, just a grade higher than the normal room.

jolene: ive got a question: how come the "yuan" will disappear after some time?? couldnt understand what that meant... heehee...

cassie02

Wow the thread is moving so fast =)

Simplerjer - 1 dun think i can even do it in 1 wk lor haha.

Meimei - thanks for the website. I have given up on trying to do my own corsages and it like more ex to get the materials to diy here than just order =( I'm having my tea ceremony and banquet on the same day. Overseas now so cannot choose my wedding favours, give out invites etc till 2 wks before AD =p really excited/nervous/kan cheong/blur now

Jol - must have special name for the AP? Wow the AP part is so confusing.. no wonder must label properly.

Xiaojan - think my Ad is around the same time as u. Mine's on 19 dec and yeah some of the guests are away.. still workin on my guest list so dunno how many will be away...

nice car decal =)So Mandy r u still using car ribbons to deco the car?

OMG i haven do my AP box yet. GDL is so overwhelming..

Girls, how long does it take for the whole GDL process and who is involved?

jolene428

Lost: wow!!!!!!!! so good!!! i think his family member sure love u lots!!

stay: keke.. i think u all can tell the coordinator tt u are active in the bridal forum and tt can say more nice thgs abt them if u are happy with their service :p keke...it works lehh :p

dark chocolate.. yummy... i like... :p kaka i thk if i m the groom nthg seems yucky to me :p haha.. my HB still think the brinjal was the most 'memorable' food he ate at my gatecrash :p haha..

heehee, i oso like that commandments leh and he is doing it everyday even before our AD liao!!! heehee...

ohhh i mean 'disappear' coz u put smthg under the bed, sure eventually u canot find one mah... hahaha...tts wat my master said.. just let it 'disappear' or in other words, u forgot its existence :p

stay

how come bringal is memorable? wat does it taste like? i tried before, like tasteless leh. but dun like it.

so that is the meaning of disappear... oic... thanks for explaining. heehee!

i dun think the coordinator will care coz ppl will still hold their banquet at Shangri-la if they like the place. the problem is i think she has been quite nice already so dun really want to push it too far....

heng my PILs dun buy 4D, else i will feel very stressed if i dun help them tio! haha! Lost: u will be a treasure in the family!

btw, can u gals share what's ur AD eve like? im thinking if i should cramp everything like nails and waxing on the eve. not sure wat else needs to be done.

jolene428

stay: same for me lor.. so far i nv hlp them tio anythg.. thk a few of our numbers came out before the AD and we nv buy anythg lor... aiyohh... haizz dont thk abt it lah.. its all fated
happy.gif
u can be a lucky star in other ways.. like boosting ur HB's career ^^ or give them alot of grandchildren :p hahahhaahah.. are u having a baby soon? so far thk only jo_vin and charma97 want to have baby soon :p

Lost, u leh?

ooo Stay, ya right
happy.gif
I oso feel tt as long as u are happy w their service, can liaoz
happy.gif
keke.. for me, i act. nv say anythg much to my coordinator but she soooo nice, give me all the best thgs and oso the presidential suite!!! we even said must keep in touch coz she like soo young and chatty lor, can be a fren ^^

jolene428

stay: keke basically its mainly coz its tasteless and got tis slimmy feeling when u bite.. and we put those fillings like wasabi, shrimp paste, grounded garlic and sliced ginger.. i thk the mixed taste is YUCKS... haha anyway my HB doesnt like tasteless and slimmy food :p kakaka...

but i like :p fried chilli lagi best :p

esther_c

hey girls,if u haven't done ur AP box,i got lobang.u know citylink there's this shop that sells stickers,ribbons,stationaries etc.the AP boxes are all on the shelf when u are at the entrance of the shop.what me and fiance did was we simply purchase the AP box (plain box with slot) and asked the staff to help us tie.viola organza ribbon and roses!

i can't rem the exact price but definitely cheaper than the prices of some OTT and overpriced AP sold over the forum and blogs.also save u time if you like simple and classy look for AP box.

cheers.

cassie:will let you know my GDL this sat.should be a fair bit of travelling.from Gin Thye to my parent's home,then to in laws then going to my relatives house (thank God only 2 houses) then done!

jolene428

my AD eve is really very crampy lor...

9am: An Chuang
11am: Reached my mum's hse to meet my two stayover jiemeis to dump everythg at my hse first
12pm: Buy the ingredients for the gatecrashing
2pm: Mani and Pedi + nailart
5pm: Go salon wash hair coz got nailart dont dare to wash hair
6pm: Collect my WG, hand bouquet, hair flower, male corsages and car ribbons
8pm: Reached my mum's hse and eat dinner
9pm: brainstorm and confirm the games
11pm: cook and prepare the torture food for gatecrashing
1am: try to sleep but cannot sleep...

and i thk i didnt really sleep.. woke up next morning at 4.30am lor 0__0

esther_c

cassie:2 weeks b4 wedding u give out invites?isn't that very risky?for relatives still ok but friends?

ok girls another very good lobang i have is http://www.fluidtables.com

it has been helping me and fiance alot!so can see which tables filled up etc also can print into a name list with table numbers.

go take a look,its worth ur time.so much easier than scribbling on paper.

so far i have a few empty seats here and there.straight away one look can tell where to fit more guests.

cassie:rem the contingency plan for ur AP box will be at citylink.dun need to DIY too many things becoz we need to look at more impt stuff like AD program,attendants roles,sabo games etc

as for the guests who say they are not sure this and that i told them nicely its ok and didn't include them liao.so all back to me within a week or right away.

esther_c

are we on each facebook/multiply yet?

mine is sherylmei for multiply.

oh ya another impt thing we must do is go to the bank and change $!prepare APs!

i did an excel sheet to budget how much to give to jiemei,xiongdi,MUA,videographer,photographers,banquet manager,pastor,musicians,workship leader,hotel coordinator,sounds tech and other attendants.

so our AD are as follows?
Simplejer &amp; Summer Ice:5 dec
mindy:7 dec (sun)
Erlina:9 dec (tue)
meimei: 13 dec (sat)
cassie:19 dec (fri)
eunice:27 dec (sat)
sotonglet:?
racht:?

any1 i missed out?

stay

jolene, jo_vin and charma97 : when are u planning to have u kids? im thinking 2 yrs' time coz i wan honeymoon period.... how abt u?

i think the slimmy feeling of bringal is damn gross! me love fried chilli too! but if my HTB eat, surely camp in the toilet the whole day coz he cannot take spicy food! haha!

wow! thanks for sharing ur AD eve schedule! u even planned to go wash hair! i think u are really a very organised person! ure a perfect wife and friend to have!

i oso think i wun be able to sleep, perhaps take cough medicine, sure knock out one! me not having JMs over to stay coz surely talk thru the nite then cannot sleep. heehee... and i prob have to collect the gowns 2 days in advance since cannot meet the groom. after cancelling off everything, seems like i dun have much to do on AD eve!

dodolet

Wow mei2, you really have alot of lobangs and items.. it will be good to share out for lost souls like us. ^^.. oh there is a list of gals of their names,bs, pg,video and our multiply addy some thread back...

Anyway, some hotels provide ap boxes and guest signature book. If you are not tat particular, you can always ask them to send a photo of the ap box. For me, my hotel had prepared the ap box to be collected in advance so that I can change de deco if i wanna and to be used for my church wedding too...

Cassie, GDL can be complicated or simple, if you do not have time, just go to those shops in chinatown and ask them to bao ka liao gdl items for guy side and gal side..(more ex though) and meanwhile ask them on when to give this and tat...
Also, you can always send an eCard to your guests to inform them about the invites and details and mentioned when the cards will be sent to them. This may help you to get ur guests informed and some may just tell u to do away with the snail mail cards...
About the wedding favours, maybe u can get ur hotel co-ord to send the photos of available favours via email... 2 weeks before is really very tight to play around.. ^^

lilacbliss07

hihi jolene.. i checked in abt 12+ le.. i mean i late check out abt 3pm.. keke.. so din see lost coz she checked in 12pm..

yeah good weather on my AD... but very hot le.. keke keep sweating.. hahaha... actually morn one more hectic.. so i prefer nite one.. bt we gt plenty of time so the time did not pass very quickly.. keke.. we still gt time to relax and take photos..

now staying at hubby place ok lor.. still nt really used to it.. MIL nw ok le.. din tok much.. keke...

jolene428

keke... u very cute lehh!! my HB sometimes complained i think and plan too much! Haha.. he is the sort who is more problem solver.. i plan and he solved if it cork up along the way :p haha think we match each other very well in this case :p

yah lor! my HB think its so gross to eat the brinjal.. still $^##**()&amp;% when we tok abt it! hahaha so funni!!! my JM said see his face like damn in torment.. ahaha until they heartpain and let him off by the 5th qns :p hahaha coz he very forgetful so all only 1 out of 5 qns ans correctly :p Lucky they nv shoot him all 10 qns...

Oh ya!!! come to think about it hor! Must remember to get ur HB and brothers to eat breakfast before coming for gatecrashing! My HB said coz they nv eat breakfast, so when eat the yucky food really cannot take it... haha.. so funi.. Lucky he nv LS or else cham liao! :p

lost_in_space

jolene.. we don't want a baby so soon.. going to enjoy ourselves 1st..
my AD eve very relax.. but i didn't sleep.. from friday 7am until Sunday 3am (finish the whole wedding) then i sleep...

7am-1030am- clean house
1030-1230 - lunch
1230-4-manicure and pedicure
4-5 buy stuffs, shopping
5-3am.. never sleep, chat on phone lah.. play pc games.. haha.. until 3am then i go bath..
3am bath, then comb hair ceremony
4am make up
530am jiemeis came.. then @@ them prepare the gate crashing
630am hubby and brothers came..
730am leave my house
810am reach his house and tea ceremony
930am change tea dress
1015 reach my house and tea ceremony
1130 leave my house for his house..
1230 reach hotel..
1-4pm rest in hotel and take photos..
4pm meet up with banquet manager
530pm then i bath
6pm make up until 715pm.. but i didn't go down to reception :p surprise for all..
until 11pm then ended the dinner..

esther_c

for me my hotel provides a poster for my guests to sign and we are contented with that.ha!

I bought my stuff at chinatown.sontonglet is right,these shops everything have in a package.

2 weeks is very tight!

jolene428

hey hey Jane!!!

wooooo so ur MIL nv sneak into ur room in the morning liao ah :p kekeke coz she scared she interrupt the baby making :p

i think she oso will know de lor..relatives will tell her tt u had done alot for her so maybe she guilty and so treat u nicer liao :p its a good sign wor
happy.gif

Kaka.. my SILs so funni.. coz we slping in the master bedroom and the toilet is a common toilet. To avoid ppl peeking into the room when they use the toilet, we put a curtain to divide the toilet and the bedroom. Hahaha nowadays, after 10pm, they will gui gui sui sui knock door and ask can use toilet or nt then come in! HAHAHA...

lost_in_space

jane.. aiya.. 3pm i still in the hotel room eating tea break.. haha.. :D
yesterday 3pm then i check out hotel.. :D

i'm at MIL's place.. lucky FIL tio 4D.. he super happy.. cos he never tio so much before.. that's my MIL told me one.. :p then i paid for their makeup.. MIL told me that her niece got married that time, never arrange makeup for her mother.. so that auntie commented that me very good.. still got arrange for her and doll her up for ppl to @@.. got face.. lucky ah...

jolene428

actually ya right wor! i oso think the nite time less tiring and more fun!

Coz the morning one must dashed ard in the hot sun :p heehee...my hse there esp lor.. the sun is glaring from 8am-11am... no wonder my HB and the brothers all like want to die after they enter the hse :p haha...

at nite, after a good shiok hot bath, freshen up and ready for the fun evening!!! keke for us still stressful coz we danced and sang mah :p haha... if u never do extra thgs like us, i thk shld be a whole evening of fun!!!

so must enjoy ur wedding day!!! hahaha...

lost_in_space

haha.. jolene.. lucky.. they gui gui sui sui knock door.. never interrupt baby making..

my hubby tio tekan is 10 different poses for the jiemeis.. got 1 very funny.. it's my signature pose and kungfu panda pose.. haha.. total morning event highlight took abt 9 mins..

lost_in_space

my morning not very rush.. got we are 30mins earlier.. thanks to my jiemei who is the timer.. she kept telling us "10mins we will leave this place lah.. rest 15mins then we will leave blah blah blah.. :D so happy that i had her as my timer.. very punctual.. not late..

jolene428

hahaha...Lost, gg to enjoy life at MIL hse liao :p kekeke.. good good wor
happy.gif
I think MIL all wana be treated as the dowager and want face :p keke... keke mine the opposite :p my mum the dowager and my MIL v qingcai :p

jolene428

haha.. actually we had more than enough time oso.. coz we reached hotel only 1pm. duhz.. but my HB said must faster finished then go hotel rest so we faster finished lor :p hahaha...

but true enough, after the hot shower and rest for the brothers esp, all become supermen!!! ahaha so cute, coz we got them walkie talkies.. so they walked ard in blazers and walkie talkies.. damn COOL!!! They really v efficient! I keep laffing at one good looking brother and said he looked like hotel manager! hahaha...

jolene428

kungfu panda poses!! SO CUTE!!! hahahahaha thats a good idea wor!! can test how observe he is after being with u so long! I like tt game!!!

jolene428

actually i like kids very much leh! but hor, i see myself so stress when dealing with wedding planning myself when HB busy with work and studies.. i thinking i sure got pre-natal depression if i cannot have him with me always during pregnancy...

even my da sao and my colleague so career women like tt, oso got post-natal depression...scary...

so got to postpone the plan lah... actually wana wait 1 yr but coz yr after next is tiger yr.. nt gd for monkey... so decided to conceive only in 2010.. then can give birth in 2011 before my hse come :p hahaha.. hope planning works :p

then good lah.. we all be preggy together 2 yrs later :p another round of sharing :p hehe...

lilacbliss07

ya i also waiting for rabbit.. keke... i tin 2011.. keke...

jolene.. haha we took the key from her le.. so she no key to open our room le.. hehehe...

oh ya i so busy till forget to eat before dinner.. so dinner only eat abit.. den after dinner they send us the leftover food den eat finish.. keke...

but my frens say so far the wedding they went to.. we r the only couple dat eat so much.. they say the rest of the couple din even eat.. hahaha...

baobei123

haha i also like rabbit yr.. juz finish my GDL..so blur... all let my mum and my hubby's sister settle...

haha.. my GDL no ppl come only me and my mum... then my hubby side all his aunite all come then his mum cook alot like celebration like tat.. aunite talk.. now i at his sis hse use internet

Jio vin..
juz see if there is any more gd ideas for love declaration...

jolene428

wooooo... congrats yvonne! one more load down liao!!! good for u!!!

heee wahhh, all gg to give birth during rabbit year! good wor! we all have baby rabbits lah :p hahaha...

jane: good leh! she actually let u have the key! hahaha so now undisturbed liao :p hohoho...

keke my HB was dead aslp after his frens nao4 finished the dong4 fang2 while i gobbled down the food and ate my tiramisu cake!!! hee so nice!!! finished half of it myself (500g cake lor) :p hohoho... i felt soooooooo hungry after the dinner!! hahaha..

lost_in_space

wahh.. jolene.. half of the cake.. my hubby also down after my mummy help me to count the ang pow.. haha.. i only ate some vege and yam paste.. yummy~~~

happinessbliss

Viv < I'm also a "all off" supporter... the gal that always do my brazilian wax keep asking me want to do pattern anot, then i don't want... very leh cheh la, do pattern somemore must maintain so might as well strip all lor...kekekek.. my hubby shave his bush himself... kekeke i told him to try waxing, he say he don't dare cos pain... he can't understand how i can go thru the whole process and keep going back every month...kekeke..

sylmc

meimei - woah, you actually pen down all the BTBs AD. Include mine also leh, 6 Dec
happy.gif
I dun know how much you want to follow...but I dropped many APs for my GDL.
2 APs from Groom - Pin Jin and Nappy. 3 APs from our side - AP for HTB's pants and MIL's skirt (cantonese custom). AP for HTB's shoes (my mother's custom LOL). Wine, oranges, candles, bangles - end of story.

In fact, 5 - 7th Dec are good dates. I also have 3 guests who dropped out coz they are jie mei to the brides on that day.

Summerice - You will feel the wedding spirit when you have your GDL. Thats what happened to me. Nothing leh, dun feel any excitement at all and suddently, *bang* GDL is really when I truly like a Bride. Even trying on gowns doesn't give me that feeling!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend coz I aim to finish everything!! then shake leg and go for a weekend gateaway with HTB