(2008) Brides of year 2008

janetwedding

Hi Stary,

Tks for your msge. I settled my BS in a convention, only WG is MTM, tea dress & EG will be OTR. I have not look thru magazines for design of my WG as I have sufficient time. As for my Banquet, I really have no idea. Hv u decide whr to hold?

yu83

hi Stary thks..i gt the same feeling too...towards z wedding..heard alot of nt v.gd comments abt them.As for Dang bridal..I will consider thks for the advice=)

idealone

Jus to share my thoughts. I'm thinking of getting BS in malaysia. Firstly, the cost is half of wat is offered in singapore and also there are more natural scenery there.
Alright, maybe only the photoshoot do in malaysia, engage their services and back in singapore, find a BS with a nice gown and rent it for dinner + make up + car + everything.
As for ROM, I have already bought a CS for my fiancee and also will engage seperate photographer and videographer for ROM and AD. (jus in case one of them screw up) ha ha ha
Well, wat do you think? will it be a hassle? my rom next year june and ad in jan 2008

janetwedding

Hi Roger,

I had a frenz whose BS is in M'sia. He was so happy of his BS, it's name is Venus Bridal, worth a try. He spent abt RM3K for 180 pics, which is all digital. You may wana check it out, there's a forum for Venus Bridal here.

idealone

cool... thanks...
happy.gif

janetwedding

Hi Roger & Stary

Any idea whr to hold yr wedding? Hotel or Restaurant? I'm searching around for informations on the wedding banquet. Hope to decide fast and pay put attention on the other rest. Was quite interested in M Hotel...

idealone

Well, as for me, my fiancee and me have tons of relatives and friends. So, we plan to split into 2 days. ROM day for the wedding lunch and AD for the dinner. Those not very close friends will be herd to the lunch and those very close ones, relatives and loaded ones will be herded to the dinner. ha ha ha

tare1919

Roger Low,

I was thinking abt that also. But considering which one is better for money? Do you think JB bridal have MTM dress and maybe better and cheaper then SG.

idealone

Actually we plan for the ROM to have 10 ~ 20 tables and the dinner to have 20 ~ 30 tables. Lunch is much cheaper at $300 net costing perhaps $3000 and dinner about $500 per table costing $15000 ba plus BS should be around $30000 max?

just_engaged

Hi, Janet and Roger.

This thread is getting more lively. :eek:)You two seem to be having a nice banter going on. Not working huh?

Janet, most probably going for a hotel but I am not sure as many rests seem to be offering better deals than hotels (and hotels all got mixed reviews). Also, contemplating outdoor venue coz seems romantic and nice but dunno where is nice. Argh.. Headache...

Anyway, if you are looking at hotels, maybe you can go to: http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/36737/362533.html?1144817572 and see. I believe there are many similar threads and there are 2007 packages floating around so you can source for pricing and opinions. Also, if you are holding in early 2008 (e.g. Jan , like me and Roger), you might even be able to convince the hotel to give you 2007 pricing so you don't need to worry about price increases! That's what one hotel offered me. :eek:)

idealone

Ha ha ha I'm working in office now... till 9pm. nothing to do so just F5 and see if there are new messages or not. So stary, you already book the hotel already? can let me see the package?
[email protected]
Thanks
happy.gif

timminbuzz

Hi Stary!

Have u tried different cuttings and everything? Cos only when u try different styles...then u'll be able to see which u like on ur body best.

just_engaged

Roger, haven't booked hotel yet coz dunno where to hold. Will share details when I book but it will be not be for sometime as I am back overseas so will only book when I come back in the middle of the year. :eek:) U settled on yours?

Timminbuzz, HIHI!!! Sorry for not being in touch for so long. Thanks for all your help so far. Dang has been great too!! Everything sorted for you? Your big day is nearing... :eek:) Anyway, I have tried on different styles and am fixed on a bustier. Prob is don't know if I should go for a more dreamy look and use organza or a more glamorous one with satin. ARGH!!! The choices...

just_engaged

Roger, haven't booked hotel yet coz dunno where to hold. Will share details when I book but it will be not be for sometime as I am back overseas so will only book when I come back in the middle of the year. :eek:) U settled on yours?

Timminbuzz, HIHI!!! Sorry for not being in touch for so long. Thanks for all your help so far. Dang has been great too!! Everything sorted for you? Your big day is nearing... :eek:) Anyway, I have tried on different styles and am fixed on a bustier. Prob is don't know if I should go for a more dreamy look and use organza or a more glamorous one with satin. ARGH!!! The choices...

picogy

Hi All, I'm new here.
I'm also planning to have my wedding in 2008
In fact i hope to have it on 9 Aug 08 (TBC).
Has anyone attended any outdoor wedding in OCC?

picogy

Hi Seline, may i know who served you in Z wedding? I'm actually quite surprised that you didn't like Z-Wedding cos i've got a couple of friends who went there and they like Z. They were served by the designer himself. Can't rem his name.
Mind if you can tell me more abt Z cos they were actually in one of my list.

picogy

Hi Roger, my coll recently went to M'sia Venus for photo shoot. If you are seriously considering them prob you might want to check out who is their best photog & make-up artist there. Cos frankly speaking after seeing my coll's wedding pics the style is pretty different from Sin.
Personally, i don't find it as good as in Sin.
but u can try. Also my coll's friend also took the package from Venus. Her pics so so only and her make up is very thick. Told my coll to ask the make up artist to apply lighter make up but in the end my coll's make up look pale on the pic.

You might wanna try this local photog he is good i saw my gf's pics and i love his work man.
You can visit his website http://www.moomediaonline.com/

yu83

Hi picogy...i am ok with z wedding just thot they abit pushy..but aniway i sign up with them at her world bridal show.there happen to have promotion and the deal quite good.

tare1919

Aiyo help help! How you all get yr AD Date hah? I very confused now. I just check with the shifu she told me there 2 type of calculating method. 1 is thru Tong Shu by yr chinese horoscope only. Can only calculate by per year which is to be use for common. 1 is thru what "Min Li Shui" using yr DOB and time to calculate. Can calculate till even 10yrs ltr, which most Shifu will use it.

Some say it's better to use Tong Shu. I really dono which to choose? Do you think should be so specific abt the date i was thinking it better to be safe then sorry.

picogy

Hi Esther, my AD is still pending. Not confirmed. Still have to see Shi fu cos my FIL are very superstitious.
happy.gif

Sorry can't help!

eunice_40

Hi gals,

Can anyone tell me if Qing Ming falls on march'08? Cos i intend to have my AD on 15th march and my FMIL said cannot crash with Qing Ming. Can somebody advice me?

deannen

Hi all

glad to see the 2008 thread is up & active already
kao_babydust.gif

My ROM will be on 11.11.2006.
AD should be 11.11.2008
Im spacing out my ROM/ AD/ House etc apart so dat we can do things slowly..dun ve to rush. Guess dat is most of our sentiments here rite? Have booked my ROM venue @ Fullerton Straits Room..but still looking ard for AD...u guys think we can book so early ma? Pls advise me..thanks

jengcc

Hi everyone!
Me planning for AD in 2008 too..
now sourcing ard for venue too..
rom in jun'06..
maybe anyone book oredi can share??
many thanks!

picogy

hey ask u guys for some opinion, is it too early to plan on the venus and BS and budget to spent for wedding in 2008?

reinstar

hello!
1st posting from me!
ROM-ing 11 Aug 2006, AD planning end 2007 or most likely early 2008.
i'm so blur here, qing duo duo zhi jiao!
happy.gif

pearlpearl

Hi Deannen, i was planning my AD on 22.11.2008. which is very near to yours. Actually prefer some other dates but FH prefer weekends.

You guy are really fast le, i haven even thought of anything yet.

josey

Hi, I'm planning my wedding in early 2008 too. AD will depend on how soon I can get my flat up and ready.

blessedger

Hihi! so glad to see this thread.haha..though I was too early in searching around..coz my bf and I are planning to ROM in Sep 07 and AD in May 08 ..and I've already been looking around for AD venue and ROM venue..keke..Most hotels are not open for 08 booking yet, so can only KIV and look around..As for ROm, is anybody plannig outdoor solemnisation? We are looking at Halia @ botanical garden, any feedback to share? thanks!! =)

slog

Hi I'm hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm most likely getting hitched in 08. Church wedding in the morning and maybe lunch or dinner. :D

picogy

Hi Jesl,Nov 22 is my birthday...hehehe
well my AD is most prob end of 2008.
My future FIL said at the moment we still can't get the feng shui mstr to look at the dates cos the tong shu is not out yet. We have to wait till next yr.

Currently, i'm also sourcing the venues and BS.
After sourcing a few venus, i still prefet oriental. very nice...

pearlpearl

Hi Picogy,

Actually i hope to have it on 13th June cos i want it on my birthday but too bad it friday the 13th. Cos our ROM is my FH birthday. If not I will have to wait till June 13th 2009 which is a Sat. Nov 22 is the day we met so find it meaningful. We are playing ard with this few date so that next time easier to remember mah. Hehe..

Wat is the rate for Oriental?

jeraldin

Hi all BTB,

Nice to see the 2008 thread so active! I am new to this thread and I am oso getting married in 2008. Tentatively set the ROM on the 30/4/08 and AD on the 3/5/08..

No plans yet at the moment... just started thinking of the guest list.. coz still dun noe how many tables we want...

Hope I am not too late... do you gals have any hotels to recommend .. my budget is approx 850nett...

slog

Hi all, do you think it makes any sense to have a wedding in Jan/Feb of 2008 or if I should do it in December 2007 since the prices would be based on 08 price list? Thanks for your advice.
happy.gif

just_engaged

Hi, Slog.

Just to let you know if you have a wedding in Jan/Feb 08, you might be able to sign your contract based on 2007 prices instead of 2008. That's what I am doing. So that's some savings for you! Also, not sure what you meant by Dec 2007 using 2008 prices as they will be using 2007 pricing. :eek:)

deannen

i think we can only start sourcing for 2008 pricing in mid 2007 cos most hotels dun entertain any booking that is so far back,..they scare u last min back out mah =) cos i tried calling 2 hotels to enquire, they say is too early liao...ask me to call back in mid 2007.
Bo bian cos my FH & my work schedule very tight so ve to plan way in advance...
my personal opinion: those who ve conf the ROM & AD date, u can consider sourcing for BS liao..
cos my ROM in Nov this year, wad i did was booked the package with the BS & they gave me free MUA/ Hairdo/ MTM ROM gown = thus i saved quite a fair bit for the ROM gowns etc.

mui_yoh

Dear all,

I'm new here....wow really loads of 2008 brides and bridegrooms to-be here...

Mi thinking of ROM in Jul 07 and wedding Jul 08

Any good recommendations for weddings?

bigdayforme

Cynthia Choo (mui_yoh) -
hi, welcome :D...it is going to be a long journey ...but in this forum...u will get lots of support...i blog down my wedding preparation http://romancefire.blogspot.com/
and recently uploaded my friend's photo shoots. it may gif u a brief idea what r the things u need to prepare...hope it helps...

slog

Hi! Thanks for sharing, BigdayforMe.

I've asked my FILs to take dates but they haven't come back. I suppose it is too early for the 08 tongshu to be out.

chocolite

Hi All

I am new here. Deciding to have my AD in 07 end or early 08. But will have to check with a geomancer to ve a peace of mind. So happy to see that ppl are planning early liek me. Although I ve realli no clue hw to begin. Can anione give me advise on the following?

1.shld buy a flat or wedding 1st? Cos after a flat u have more fixed exoenses. Maybe difficult to save for wedding. Hw much is need for cash upfront for a resale flat?

2. Good BS with budget $3K? Any gd JB studio? If u book BS in JB can u get their make up artist and gowns out? Are JB studio same as Sing standard? Hate those thick make up and sterotype studio pics.

3. Do ur BS do your wedding pic videography?

4. Any good banquet venues with high ceiling at $600 below for 30-35 tables?

5. Any good photographer for AD below $800?

5. Do ppl usually make "losses" at wedding banquets? What is teh amrket price for ang baos any way?

RIght now I have million of qns so worried i will have a ugly wedding or burst my budget. Cos need to save up for the hse and holiday haha. Thanks in advance.