(2007) Brides of year 2007

diva79

Jovi (vivi77) >> hi jovi..*ahhah* i love xmas too..dats what i wanted e wedding to be in dec. i also doc down the dear making process becoz its my first attempt at DIY wedding bears..
happy.gif

piggy_jas

Jovi

Mine at Parkroyal at Kitchener Road =D

Gals,

Heard from the alot of ppl that nowadaes cant find the canned pig legs le. For me, I will be using ang bao to replace it.

vincent76

Wow finally, AD just over last friday.
Everthig went on fine but of course there are still some minor hiccups.
Good weather no rain.
Beri happy.

diva79

xiaozhuzhu (piggy_jas) >> do u have any pict of that ballroom? i was shortlisting park royal too in the past but didn't know that Kitchener Road has one too so kinda curious.

mine is held at novotel.

bluberi

iceblue, the canned pig trotters are out of stock islandwide.. even if u managed to find, confirmed the price will be jacked up to $5-$6. i saw 4cans at 7-11 last week, cans are dented and it cost $5.15!! my hubby is giving $60 to replace the 12cans of canned pig trotters dat my mum asked for.

shermane

hi Think_Thrice,

which shop will u be gg to get ur stuff?

Jovi,
mine will be held Grand Plaza Park City Hall.

i will also be replacing Ang bao wz pig trotters.

vivi77

Hey Cynthia, can PM me the GDL list? hee ! Thanks.

Me cantonese lei, never ask for pig trotters, we asked for roasted pig instead..

vivi77

Nix - 2/12/07
Babymiki - 2/12/07
ThinkThrice - 8/12/07
Ann T - 8/12/07
Blessing_ind - 8/12/07
Xiaozhuhu - 9/12/07 (Parkroyal @ Kitchener rd)
elchwong - 10/12/07
divasan - 13/12/07 (Novotel Hotel)
Bubblepearl - 15/12/07
Shermane - 15/12/07 (Grand Plaza Park City hall)
Iceblue - 16/12/07
Dec Bride - 19/12/07
Jovi - 22/12/07 (Orchid Country Club)
Agnes - 22/12/07
Cynthia - 23/12/07
maydeline - 30/12/07 (Holiday Inn Atrium)
riko80 - 31/12/07

piggydon

Janice : the balloons effect will be sweet !! I went to my friend's ROM at a chalet. The whole room's ceiling is filled with silverish and white balloons.. very nice !!

Jellyfield: If you are not the "pan dang" type. Can buy when there is a baby fair or as when u wish
happy.gif
But I ask around my ex-colleagues and cousins, they said better to buy when you are about 7 months, don't buy too early. Even my hubby is kind of "pan dang" though I am excited about getting the bb stuff also. Do you have any msn email ?

iceblue27

halo jovi,
traditionally is the suckling(roast) pig, for convenience most ppl change to pig trotter cans liao. who knws these yrs even find tt can also so mafan haha!faintz

hi agnes wah now price marked up so high liao ah. my mum managed to get at $2+ at amk..anyw for a while no stock agn, wen it came back becomes 3+ le...

ya lor diva, islandwide no stock! faint lor!my mum went to buy cos she dint want ask too much frm hubby side , so she go buy. so its lucky tt she manage to find sm a mth ago.

think if stil cant find, mayb ask my mum try luck at amk agn, then ask my hubby replace with angbao for cost of the pig trotters

iceblue27

btw if replace pig trotter can wif angbao means mus follo same 'tradition' rite?

pig trotter guy side bring over, normally gal side wil return some. so for this angbao u al wil do the same theory anot?haha

smilez

Halo ladies,

Can't access this forum from office so can only come in here after office hrs
happy.gif

Hee.. havent pop yet. My boi still comfy inside ... my gynae say not so fast due.
Feels so tired and nowadays feel like its my boi who bully me.
Now he can move such a way tat he tickles directly at my rib-cage.

Kaye, how's staying at ur mom's place? shiok rite?
happy.gif

Hee.. soon will need to seek SOS advice from u.

Piglet, so good can go on course
happy.gif

This thread has been pretty quiet lately.. hmm.. wonder wat's the rest of the gals bz with
happy.gif

qiqi09

smilez, torture hor..cannot chat in the office... hee.. rest earlier hor.. ya lor this thread getting quieter.. not sure y.. hee...

joekatherine

Hi to all Dec 07 brides,

Jovi thanks for adding me in the list.
My wedding venue is at Grand Shanghai. (http://www.grandshanghai.com/)

I believe everyone is so excited when the day just pass by...and the wedding day is nearer
happy.gif

hmm from what I know pig trotter is "TEOCHEW" tradition..haha cos Im a teochew bride...but Im marrying an Ang Mo so mum says we will do without it but he still have to bring oranges to her.
happy.gif

And suckling pig is Cantonese tradition.

Wish all the Dec 07 brides ....have a memorable n beautiful wedding... Cheers to all the Dec brides
happy.gif

vivi77

hi everyone

is my pleasure to collate the data for u gals...
Yes, cheers to all the december brides...thanks to the creator of this forum that we can have a place to share our joys and sorrows here....
happy.gif

think_thrice

Jovi - I'm just wondering if my silver shoes will match my kua.

diva - your AP box looks very nice, esp the transformation of your naked bear to such a nice cute bear!

think_thrice

Shermane - Not so sure, but last week I did went down to Chinatown (at the market) to get pyjamas and I saw 1 shop at level 2 selling wedding stuff. Most likely will pop in there. think someone mentioned about sago lane. Might pop in there too.

vivi77

hi think_thrice > yah, i saw that shop too...they have different package stuffs for different rituals.

Anyone can advise me how much we will spend when buying GDL stuffs?

monkie

hi iceblue

for my understanding..suckling pig and pig trotters are different issue together.

sucking pig is to given to the bride when she return to her parents house 3 day after marriage (三招回门)but in mordern days its shorten to do it within wedding day itself. when the bride return to mother's place for tea ceremony and she change a different clothe from the one she wear when she leave house in the morning to symbolise 3 days has pass.

the pig is to give to the bride family, to show appreciation that the bride is a virgin.

as for pig trotters, is to give during GDL by groom family so that the bride's family can distribute to her relatives together with the wedding cakes.

most cantonese are very particular about the suckling ping.

peko_luv_e

Hi ladies,

if you gals wan canned pig trotters, i have excess to let go..
as my mum thought my mil cant find so help her to get and who know she managed to find herself.. so now got alot of cans @ hm.. :p

vivi77

hi think_thrice > any pics of your shoes for us to see?

Hi verlica > will add u into the list
happy.gif
btw where is your dinner venue?

december bride >your dinner venue looks very unique, very shanghai style lei.

tryphena

good morning ladies!

smilez, you must be heavy with ur boi? Rest more if you efficient.

piglet, hws ur work lately?

kaye, you must be enjoying your stay at ut mum's plc?

jellyfield

hui,

hehe.. i was giving up coz lack of stamina. haha... my ah lao was shocked i could spend the entire afternoon in the mall. thankfully we were staying in grand diamond, can juz pop back to the htl to dump our (or rather my) stuff.
happy.gif

cck,
nah.. im not the pan dang type. was tinking of stocking up during the dec sales. datz y tinking of doing some research now. if we r into our 7 mths, it shd b somewhr in feb?

my msn email is [email protected]
do add mi in. can chat over thru msn.
happy.gif

shermane

thank you shirley.
happy.gif

btw, anyone watched the Princesses & the dude last nite on CH 8, 830pm starring Fiona Xie as guest. any ideas wher are the dress shops tat she recomm?
my sis & friends been looking for nice dresses for my dinner but cant seems to find any nice shops. sigh
thanks again :p

maydeline

hi peko,how many cans do u have in hand now?? n may i koe how much it cost if the cans r still available, thanks ah...

i need around 12 cans...

ngfifi

Hi

Juz wanna pop by to say congrats to the couple whom gotten married last sat (17/11/2007) and had their PS done at ponggol marina

Happened to be there for my gym session and juz wanna compliment on the bride gown

vivi77

Nix - 2/12/07
Babymiki - 2/12/07
ThinkThrice - 8/12/07
Ann T - 8/12/07
Blessing_ind - 8/12/07
Xiaozhuhu - 9/12/07 (Parkroyal @ Kitchener rd)
elchwong - 10/12/07
divasan - 13/12/07 (Novotel Hotel)
Bubblepearl - 15/12/07
Shermane - 15/12/07 (Grand Plaza Park City hall)
Iceblue - 16/12/07
Dec Bride - 19/12/07
Jovi - 22/12/07 (Orchid Country Club)
Agnes - 22/12/07
Cynthia - 23/12/07 (Marriott Hotel)
maydeline - 30/12/07 (Holiday Inn Atrium)
Verlica - 30/12/07
riko80 - 31/12/07

vivi77

hi december bride > oops,sorry i will add you in soon.

Think_thrice > yes, sure take a photo and share with us lo.

cynthia > can u forward me the GDL list? my email is [email protected]

btw, have u gals settle your wine? wat brand are u gals using? i am in the mid of sourcing. i ahve tried one from France, the wine is mild and smooth,dunno if i shd choose a higher alchohol content.

monkie

hi jovi

you have mail..
mine is a bit more elaborate..cos i am a fussy person.

my wine is from my cousin who sell wine for business.

kayemoss

Hallo ladies!

I just moved to my Mum's place yesterday.

Wow, first time looking after Claire at nite... Really torturous... She can really cry.... I hope i will be able to survive all these late nite.

Thank god for my Mum but at times, she still drives me crazy with her good advice and nagging. But that's my Mum!
happy.gif

Smilez, can share my experience lah... I m not an expert lah!
happy.gif
U can always sms/call me if u need help...

Yup, wonder how s jhoo, von & Mei doing? Long time no heard from them too!