(2007) Brides of year 2007

meie

Hello Girls, I'm back from BKK.. had a great time there.. only thing was I suffered from bloodshot eyes the day before I went there.. it was quite scary, I think the blood vessels burst, so there was a small red patch on the whites of my eye, I think I looked like a monster or something. I wanted to see a doctor when I came back to S'pore, but the redness has diminished a lot, so I guess it's not necessary. Then now, down with a slight sore throat & cold, I am so weak lah! Hehe...

jhoo, I'm so happy for you.. do continue with your medi & I'm sure everything will stabilise soon.
happy.gif

kaye, you are not evil lah.. just doing what you think is right.

smilez, I agree, the confinement lady is being employed to help take care of us & our baby, not a free maid for the house lor.

piglet, I agree, practise makes perfect for driving.
happy.gif

lyons

<font color="119911">hi eve yone! my AD is finally over! had so much fun! was totally relaxed on sat &amp; left everything to my fantastic helpers. i'm really grateful for having such great &amp; able friends.

all the best to you brides &amp; have a blissful marriage!

btw, some vendors i'd highly recommend: rasel, blissfulthots, tri-angles, david lim-lee, ted wu</font>

violac

hi suika/puroland, thanks! the bridal car was a morning surprise from my husband
happy.gif

gold coast is a touristy place... unless you go there to surf, otherwise it's pretty much another australian city. i went to melbourne... it was my second time there. i wished we had gone further like puroland... guess will have to keep a raincheck. europe must be beautiful...

smilez

Kaye, u lun for 12 days dan shower? In hospital did u shower? Now packing my hospital bag.
No lah, not evil. So long u n Claire are in good hands ur ILs can't say anything =P

Piglet, yalor.. dunno i can lun for being stinko for so long.
Wow, ur driving improve? Great!! Ur hubby must be quite impress with ur improvement. Think my driving skills all went down the drain liao. Long time din drive.

Mei, how come one of the vessels burst? U over-tire urself?
Bet u must have spend a bomb in BBK
happy.gif

Just went for my checkup this morning, my prince is now 2kg. 6 more wks to go!!
Tis wkend all my bb stuff will be in. So excited =P

kayemoss

Hallo ladies!

Mei, i think its the weather. A lot of ppl are falling sick these days. Take care of yourself, drink more water &amp; herbal tea!
happy.gif

Smilez, shower = normal bathing with soap. So now, i just got to so called bath with the herbal water (no soap)... Plus the confinement food ate made u perspire alot... So, the feeling of sticky is always there.... I din shower in the hospital!

One thing i must emphasize, I wash my privates everyday... If not, i will have infection. After giving birth, will have this lochia (like period), it will be heavy in the 1st week... And it lasts for 4-6 weeks. If giving birth via C-section, it wont be so heavy coz the doc will help to clean the uterus also.

Today, i really feel like a cow, i breastfed Claire like almost every 2 hours! This little monster dun sleep also! Faints! So, Smilez.. Remember this, Baby Sleeps, Mummy also must SLEEPS!

Smilez, dun need to pack too much things. I realised things i pack to the hospital, i din use! Remember to bring socks when u re in the delivery suite, it might be cold. My socks are removed when i was abt to give birth coz the midwives told me that it might get dirtied during the delivery process.

Btw, my ILs also smart aleck, they bought this gold jewellry for Claire and told me that its an anklet... Upon further examination today, its actually a bracelet!

cherimoya

Hi all.. It's been so quiet.. How have all of you been?

Hi sylphide, I didn't really like the Zurich trip. Maybe cos I am alone and pregnant and it was cold and food is bad. Anyway, my MS is going away. So happy.

Seen my gynae on 24th and glad that baby is growing well.
happy.gif

Now looking forward to see the gynae again on 28th Nov.

I need to start shopping for dresses.. Any suggestions?

kayemoss

Smilez, remember when u showed signs of labour. Remember to take a shower &amp; feed urself well etc b4 u go to the hospital. Usually, most ladies for the first child, the hours labour is longer.... Mine is 13 hours....

qiqi09

mei, welcome back!! did u buy alot of things??? Oh no.. wat happen to ur eyes... if ur eyes still feel uncomfortable, better go see doc k?

kaye, i think i will not be able to lun so many days feeling sticky... and also the hair oily oily.. now i must wash my hair every day...i think u not evil.. but u just know wat is best for u and claire.. if u think move to ur mummy house u and claire will get the best care, just move back.. ur IL really funny.. braclet become anklet... haha... wah!! 13 hrs labour is really scary..

smilez, wow prince is growing well in ur tummy and u must really excited to welcome him... hee.. take good care of urself these few weeks...

jhoo

Hi Mei, nice to hear that you are back
happy.gif
Hope you are getting better now. Tml will be my turn to go KL, hehe

I'm really happy to hear abt my health condition and forgotten to thank my doc before i leave, haha. coz i was too engaged discussing with doc when he initially wanted me to take 1 tablet per day, and i was telling him i scare the med will be too heavy for me and will become hypothyroidism and i will have trouble again. luckily he agreed 1/2 tablet each day

Piglet, i still dont dare to park the car, and find my left turn not good too. I was thinking of going back to my driving instructor for refreshment course these few months, keke

Smilez, its ur turn soon
happy.gif
usually i heard that the actual due date will be 1-2 weeks earlier than EDD, so get ready your engine
happy.gif

millh

Hi all

My AD is over too 27th Oct. Every1 commented that my banquet food is very very nice
happy.gif

Now back to work. Next week then go honeymoon

meie

I went to read up, blood vessels bursting in the eye could be due to trivial things like sneezing, crying, vomiting, etc.. think mine is caused by rubbing my eye.

smilez, yup, we spent quite a bit! I bought a lot of dresses! Heehee...

kaye, 13 hours is so long! I guess first time mummies are always nervous as we don't know what to expect.

piglet, me too... I must wash my hair everyday, or else scalp oily oily.. cannot tahan.. also don't know next time confinement how hor.

jhoo, enjoy yourselves in KL!

key_word07

hi piggy_hui

I only know tat need to do combing together (same time start) as ur hubby side on the day before wedding. The one who do the combing for you must be a HAO MING REN -- Means with blissful marriage and life.

stargate2

Hi, normally how many people do you usually expect not to turn out for the wedding dinner? do you plan 1 table lesser than you invite?

key_word07

I heard from my two friends tat they actually invited full 32 tables where she had only 30+2 Reserved table. End up they only open 30 Tables with 2 reserved unopen.Tat means 2 tables of guests actually did not turn up last mintue.At this moment , I do not dare to take such risks lei ..cos i afraid the reception area will be very chaotic in reshuffling of guests seating last mintue. Then also guests turn out more than expected then no reserved tables how? Any advise also?

kayemoss

Piglet, no choice but to lun... I think i use the herbal water to wash my hair on the 5th day. Now, i will use normal shampoo and hot water to wash and then rinse it with herbal water.

Actually, its quite gross not to wash the hair for 30 days... The scalp will be so itchy and oily...

Mei, dresses!!! My weakness!

Actually, i m quite lucky to have 13 hours of labour... Some ladies even more jialat, 20+ hours of labour!

Anyway, dun scare Smilez so much! Smilez, enjoy your time with your hubby now!

One thing i noticed about my hubby is that he is more anxious about Claire than me. He even kissed her b4 going to work! *Faints*

smilez

Thanks ladies!! Getting more kan cheong abt delivery.. *scary*.. ha!!
My EDD has been shifted 2 days earlier now.. so ..

Kaye, hee.. tats alot of advise =)
Okies, will take a long long shower before gg to the delivery ward.
My hospital like quite alot of barang barang.. machan gg holiday for a wk =P Opps..
So during delivery, I presume can't eat at all hor?
Yeap, 13hrs already consider very good liao. Hope I am not those 20 over hrs of labour. Pengz~

Keke, ur hubby very sweet lei. Got give mummy kiss anot? =P

Mei, I also wash my hair everyday. So wonder if I can lun.. keeping fingers n toes cross.

puroland

Europe was a dream place for both my HB and myself. We really make an effort to make this this dream come true. I always thought of it as a very romantic place to be in. Hahaha...

Maybe I set my expectation too high lar...hahaha... it wasnt as nice as I thought it would be. We went to 3 main countries, Italy, Switzerland and Paris. I would say its a eye opening trip. Its a nice experience to go there but defintely not for honeymoon. Actually a fred who work in tourist line already told me abt it before we decided to go.

But its always must ownself go and experience then you can determine wat ppl said is true or false. Hahahah...

So when you have a chance, its worth to go and look at their places and their ppl and culture. According to my friends who have been there, seems like different timing of the year and different year, will give each individual a different experience of the place.

kayemoss

Smilez, during labour cannot eat and with epidural... better not to eat coz i vomitted the water &amp; milo out.... Even during delivery, i also puked! So remember to eat something b4 u reached the hospital. Think in case of emergency C-section (touch wood), so that's hospital dun allow to eat.

If my hubby dun kiss me too, i will be very jealous! Haha!
happy.gif
Even my parents commented that he is more anxious about our daughter than me!

graceyong

HI ALL

really need some information please. Do the videographer give you back the whole day videotaking or he just make 1.5 hour clip of the day?

I tot they give you back most of the day videographing + a short summary clip with all the music effect ; i tot this was the usual package.

can you ladies pls share with me your videographer service?

qiqi09

hi gals, cant get to slp so came online to do some surfing...

jhoo, if u think going to refreshement course help then go ahead.. but must tell HMT to let u drive more often after that so that u will practice.. coz it really is practice that will help improve ur driving.. hee... enjoy ur trip!!

Mei, i also like dresses!! wah.. i feel like going shopping now.. haha...

kaye, wah.. so fast jealous of little clarie le.. but must learn to share ur hubby love with claire... haha... but next time little clarie grow up le u will also hv one more person to love u!!

smilez, dun worry so much... ur delivery sure smooth smooth...

suika

Hi,

My VG gave mi back everything, 1 raw tape, the express montage played for that evening, the edited full day event. He even duplicated a copy of the disc for us to show others n adviced us to keep the orginal if not later got scratches not nice anymore.

jadz

my advice is if you r not very sure how to do the comb ceremony, forgo it. I know of a couple whose HB didnt do the combing and their marriage is not blissful.

tryphena

good morning ladies!

so long din cum in so many posts to read.

kaye, Claire is so cute. you must be a happy mum dun feel depressed must take care ok.

i hv a news to share, i hv a miscarriage yesterday. now will be resting at home for 10 days.

elchwong

Hi gals...

It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread...busy with hse reno, hse moving, writing invites and etc...my GDL will be on 11th Nov...

Like some of you here...I gotta reach hubby's place by 9am as well else my grandma says my parents 'won't let me out of the house'...

Have you gals done up the AD schedule? Mind sharing it with me at [email protected] ? Thanks in advance...

meie

Jazol, *hugs*.. take good care of yourself, it's good to have your family &amp; friend's support &amp; love.

tryphena

thanks mei, we had accepted the fact. prob my health is too weak so cnt hv baby nw.. its a blessing in disguise too as least the baby will nt suffer whn out, if health no good.

meie

jazol, actually what you said is true. My sister who is in the medical field told me that it is nature's way of telling your body that it is not ready to take on this task.

Cheer up &amp; do take good care, we'll always be here ok? *hugs*

smilez

Thks Kaye. But still scary =P

Piglet, why can't sleep? Drinking some warm honey before bedtime will help u sleep better as well
happy.gif

Jazol, take good care of urself n nurse urself back before trying again. Yup, its not anybody's fault for this miscarriage. Dun take it personally ok? *hugz*

donk

Hi jazol,

Take care n rest more. Humm me too going for a minor op next week too. Went for screening for bleeding last week, haizz...found 2nodes at uterus plus a fibriod at outer too... Haizz.. woman so problematic yah!!

tryphena

kaye, is tat so... i only heard tat must do a mini confinement only lei.. my mum did ask me to rest on bed more.. bt i m nt a person tat keeps lying ard esp if i m nt tired

anise

it's nov... it's our wedding soon =) mine still got 30 days to go.. =p getting excited...

for the table.. hmm i m worried too.. wonder if there will alot of last min who cant make it.. making my fingers cross

padi

Hi Cheri! Hope pregnancy is ok for u! Your hubby must be so happy that you're expecting.
happy.gif

Am quite clueless bt maternity wear so sorry.
happy.gif