(2007) Brides of year 2007

blurblur, me too AD 17 nov. haha super nervous...yup more or less i have my schedule liao...haha kind of rush. btw, r u going bk to your parents' place for tea ceremony. i'm nt leh, coz too rush liao..i'm having mine at hotel...feel so guilty but no choice leh, coz lunch is ard 12pm..my inlaw place at west, my parents' at north east too far to travel to n fro.
Congrats to all the btbs on 17 Nov 07!!! =)

congrats to all 17 nov brides !

i will giving the angpao to mua after she has done my 2nd hairdo loh. i ask her to come early cos i will have tea ceremony at the hotel for some relatives. piggypig, i also think that 6.30pm will be too late leh, cos u will need around 1 hr to do makeup & hairdo mah. so better ask ur mua to come earlier loh.

btw, the angpao for jiemei is MIL give de right ? i mean when they follow me to MIL house for tea ceremony then my MIL needs to give them red packet right ? my hb only need to give during gatecrashing ? correct me if i am wrong...thanks !

sher, i will be gg back to my parents house for tea ceremony in the noon. btw, u will be having tea session at hotel, so what time u ask ur relatives to arrive ? i aso have some relatvies wanna have tea at hotel leh, i find it so troublesome, cos need to come down from suite earlier mah...then what if some relatives arrives late ? and the banquet is gg to start...dunno how to coordinate leh....

hi Adel, i will be getting my hb's brother as our emcee. my hotel coordinator will prepare the speech for us. then on 17 nov, we have to rehersal at 4.30pm loh. so have u done most of ur preparation ? ready for the big day ? hehe. if u wanna chat can add me to msn [email protected]

qiqi09

Hi ladies, long time no post.. I've been reading but just can't find time to post.. Work has been really busy..

von, my heartache for ur niece.. I hope she can be strong...

jhoo, glad that little prince is better.. Hope he can be active n lively very soon..
happy.gif

jean, wah so nice u able to go bk for tea ceremony..me going hotel after my new hse. tink will reach hotel ard 10am++ then i'll have my tea ceremony at hotel. tink those who comes late will have tea ceremony after the lunch ba..no choice. =)

meie

Hello!

I was really busy the past week due to ISO audit.. now it's over so I'm really happy!

von, I'm so sorry to hear that... I guess when children get sick, we must really monitor closely.

jellyfield

happylife,

I'm gg NUH & gynae is Dr Fong Yoke Fai. nope.. hadn't feel the 1st kick yet. doubt i wld noe even if bb gives the 1st kick.. hehe.. blur 1st time mtb. read dat 1st time mtb wld feel the kick prob ard 20 weeks?

ahhh... envy u for still able to wear ur pants. tink having small tummy is okay, as long as bb is healthy & doing fine.

maternity clothes cost a bomb... i've gotta start wearing maternity bottoms. juz started to buy maternity pants.. n it has oredi burnt a hole in my pocket.
sad.gif

Sylphide,

Thks! Howz everything going for u?
happy.gif

blurblur25

sher: im only going back to my parents place after the wedding has end. will only have the tea ceremony at my place 1st before i go over to my husband place. we only need to serve tea to both side our parents, no relative involve.

btw, did you book any MUA for the jie mei & mum? what the price like?

mrsgan123

jhoo, i remembered on sunday afternoon, we measured the temp for her was abt 38, so we bring her to those 24hr clinic.. in the clinic, doc measured and say she had hit 40 degree.. so gave her a jab... in the night time, the temp dropped... we tot was ok... the next morning, her fever came back again.. and we brought her to the children clinic.. doc give her some pills and temp drop in the evening.. but who knows on the 3rd day, she didnt wake up.. my mother knows something is wrong and gave a call to my sil and hurried rushed her to kk.. by then it's too late...

Now everyday, i see her got abit of improvement.. it just like make my family a day.. now she can smile with us... hopefully she will be recover..

anyway.. thanks for all the concern..

blurblur, wow so good leh, u can have tea at ur parents side first. we must serve tea to MIL side then go back to my mum's place.

i check with my MUA, she say $80 for makeup & hairdo for jiemei & mum wor. too exp....

blurblur25

Jean: $80 I also think is exp. Only serve tea to my parents only, cause if they have to wait till the lunch wedding than we can serve them by the timr is ard 6-7pm??? I manage to find a few ard $60 for makeup & hairdo for jie mei & mum, they still say is exp leh..will u b paying for them??

jerlynn

Adel,

My AD in 2 days time.(11/11) Engaged an Emcee for $188 for 2 languages. (English & Mandarin) ur AD is after mine, I can tell you hows her performance after Sun then if you wan you can consider her.

iceblue27

hihi nov brides... keke im crossing over from dec bride thread..cos i nd sm advise frm u al who hav gone thru the GDL.

any1 can advise me?"

1)theres tis givg of towels to hubby's family members rite? wen is this supposed to be?on GDL day or before? im replacing ts wif angbao so want find out when i shld give

2)frm wat i knw, we have to give parents/grandparents angbao on wedding day, but my mum says mys giv grandma on GDL day. r this 2 same angbao actly? wen u al give?

hi piggypig, me same case as u , my mua doing another bride, n tt bride giving me prob. end up my make up is at 6pm. tink sm1 here mention abt hubby;s make up..oops i nearly forgt abt my hubby, haha only tot of myslf. think i hav to let my hubby 'powder' his face b4 i can start my make up

yuene

jellyfield,

me? I'm good. Stressed out, though, because I'm now making the transition to full-time job. *sigh* Been tearing my hair out on a regular basis over tax forms and reimbursements!
sad.gif
But what to do, it's a job...

Anyway, why not you try wearing yoga pants? They're nice and stretchy, so they can grow with you, and as far as I remember, they aren't too expensive, so it may be easier on the pocket. Try buying those from Carrefour, I got mine (don't do yoga but love the pants) for around $15.

blurblur, u have added me ? what is ur msn address ?

i am not paying for my jiemei...cos too exp liao. cannot afford lah. how many jiemeis u have ? i have 4 jiemeis. they have decided not to use the mua service. they say do makeup & simple hairdo themselves loh. anyway, they are not the "Zhu Jiao" right ?? haha.

anise

sher... hmmm i oso got those worrie.. scare wait my hair tooo volume if i remove everythin.. actually i m tinking of asking for tiara for 1st march in.. den for the 2nd march in, replace with another accessory =p still planning...

so how manage to get ur album already?

riko

Hi Judy, I have the same AD as yours...why did you choose this date? I don't think there are many brides here with this day, you are the first i have seen =)

How's preparation so far?

bluberi

iceblue27, mi stil deciding on the buffet caterer for my mum's side.. tink whether to use back Q'zin which i had ordered for my housewarming. their food is not bad, but the portion is juz enough oni leh.

riko

hi hi! I am thinking of using neo gardens too, heard many good feedback of them in this forum.

Btw, can i ask the dec brides if you are having 1 or 2 angbao boxes??

hi riko..

i got my catering from goodluck kitchen. Their food are nice. Our family have been using them for years. one package only. any 9 dishes for $12 per pax.
I only have 1 angbao box.

destiny1980

Hi Jean, so have to have a rehearsal ah ? I oni have a english speaking emcee now, tot of getting a chinese 1 too but too expensive. Charging ard 200 bucks...

Preparation more or less done, exp seating arrangement..hehee....

Congrats to u too
happy.gif

diorsnow

My AD is on 29th Nov...only 19days away but still lots of misc things havent settled.
sad.gif

Anyways do you BTBs plan to recieve guests at the cocktail reception or show face only at the first march-in??? :p

anise

adel... y dun u ask ur frens for help?? i will be getting my sis and her hubby as my MCs...

nini... i intend to show face during the cocktail so dat i can go ard taking pic with all my frens and relative =) guess i will be down at 7 plus

elchwong

Morning ladies...

riko80...I'm also just having 1 angbao box...

I'm having GDL today....now waiting for hb to arrive after collecting the cakes fr Pine Garden...1 more stage cleared after tdy! Yeah...

riko

hi elchwong,

We also intend to order GDL cakes fr Pine Garden, which set did you order? when's your AD? do share with us your GDL happenings =)

piggydon

Hi ladies,
finally I got the energy to log in and read the threads. Glad to know everyone is doing well
happy.gif

Congrats to jellyfield and happylife !!
I had finally passed my first trimester and MS is improving. Initially I threw up till I got dehydrated and gotta be hospitalised for drips
sad.gif

Now, I have to keep eating every two hourly if not I will throw up. ~ tired

Happylife and jellyfield: Are the both of you still working or resting ? If resting, hee.. can always call me out, then we go shop for the maternity clothes. I have been trying to look for nice babydoll dresses but no luck.

iceblue27

hihi
any1 can advise me?"

1)theres tis givg of towels to hubby's family members rite? wen is this supposed to be?on GDL day or before? im replacing ts wif angbao so want find out when i shld give

2)frm wat i knw, we have to give parents/grandparents angbao on wedding day, but my mum says mys giv grandma on GDL day. r this 2 same angbao actly? wen u al give?

padi

CCK: Hope you'll get better soon! It sounds like the first trimester is so hard on you.
sad.gif

Jellyfield: Congrats and congrats! we have 3 MTBs here!! hehehe.

Cheri: wah good that u can stil wear ur pants.
happy.gif
My colleague had to wear maternity the moment her baby is 2.5 months!

smilez

Gosh.. din noe that fever can result in such things. Will take special note of this.

Jhoo, good to hear tat ur prince has been discharge already? His fever has subsided already rite?

Von, hope ur niece is getting better & rem to update us on ur babes contest. hee~..

Jazol, dun worrie too much abt the comments ur MIL made. Most impt is that she dotes u mah
happy.gif

Mei, great!! Now can 'enjoy' life again
happy.gif

Kaye, wat happen? How's the pig trotter's session at ur mom's place?
happy.gif

adel, yes i have rehersal at 4.30pm on that day. my hotel manager say must have cos scard later we kalang kabor mah. hahaha. u pay to engage ur emcee ? ex leh...i ask my hb's bro to help. he will use both language loh cos cannot find any female fren that wanna help.... btw, i collected my album today. so happy !

hi nini, i also need to show face at the cocktail recept cos have tea session for some of the relatives loh. actually i wanna only come down during the 1st march in...

kayemoss

Hallo ladies!

Smilez, my Mum says must let Claire have a fixed feeding routine.. Meaning 3 hr every feed... Problem is breastmilk is easily digest and so Claire will get hungry fast... meaning 2 hr per feed...

Plus Claire is really a fussy baby... Still trying to catch her moods. She s like those Tamil/Hindi movies... will twist and turn her head till she happy then will latch onto my breast. Buey tahan!

The pig trotters' session is at my place lah. Makes my place lively, the best part is hor, Claire slept thru the noise, only wakes up when she is hungry... When all my relatives gone, she then wakes up! She s always like that!

iceblue27

thks for the info babymiki.

hee jus 1 opt for smtg easy n practical. so the towels is hubby brg back on GDL?in that case means my angbao has to goes on that day too.

btw it is for every single person in hubby's family rite?

monkie

1) towel is for GDL. so AP have to be given on GDL since u using Ap to replace towel.
2) AP need to be given to grandparents, in laws, and aunties and uncles.
GDL AP & AD AP is different.

vivi77

hi brides, long time din come in liao...how are u gals preparation? me starting to feel the anxiety mood liao...my GDL on 12/12/07, food tasting this coming sunday @ orchid country club. Looks like many of you here are 80% prepared. I should say mine is only 60% le....u all have your guest list ready?

jadz

Hi all, my AD is finally over...btw, my pics is on the SB homepage...yes, that's ME. To the rest of you, enjoy your upcoming wedding!