(2007) Brides of year 2007

qiqi09

Hi ladies, busy the whole day..

i learn to make coffee mousse cake yesterday... hee.. me also like to eat cakes.. basically i hv sweet tooth.. like to eat chocolates and cakes.. yummy..

bamster

Calisa.. I had 2 fittings before the PS. usually the 2nd one will be near to photo shooting

I have one question... if after my PS, i continue to lose weight.. will the studio still alter the gown for us?

gayletan81

hi girls,

was just wondering does your BS provide 1 or 2 bouquets for your AD? mine is just one....does that mean I take the same one from morning (tea ceremony) until dinner banquet at night? Will they last? How does this usually work? For the corsages as well...does the groom n brothers wear them the whole day??

hi tulips...in the end i did my photo montage using Flash. I did it the manual way...I think would be quite difficult if u don't have prior knowledge to use the program. If u want a more simple way is to use slide show software like MemoriesonTV. Really simple n available online...downside is must pay lah. About US$50 i think.

meiyan

hi janice, u try yentu hehe.... Whr r u going for ur PS? There will be last fitting near ur AD i tink as my MUA Helen told me so.

yuene

I want also cannot! WH is adamant that we have kids only when we have $30K in our savings account... I've been trying to psycho him otherwise, by putting on my msn messages that hint about babies... lol

jesdreamz

Belle, me also asking my MUA to stay n do 2nd hairstyle for me for banquet.. She's charging me additional $150 for it.. Another friend of mine whose with WL, her MUA charging her $120.. So i think it depends on your MUA..
Just collected my cards & nw sourcing for cheaper hotstamping...

padi

Sharon: Ur hubby wants to be a responsible father.
happy.gif
My hub also wants to wait a bit, also needs to keep my maternal instinct in check (esp when I am older than my hubby! Hehe)

Happylife and CCK: Fill us in on how's ur pregnancies k?
happy.gif

anise

sher... u will be having 2 hairdo?? from WL?? hmmm i oso wanted that but waste money lei.... yeah i going HM.. so excited.. might be away for 17 days =) excited... maybe u can try book urs in 2molo natas fair..

belle.. u already started putting insert.. gosh, I haven even printed mine wor =( sad case..

yuene

Hui: you're online so late! Slacking ah? How long does your hubby want to wait? I'm really starting to think that I cannot tahan liao, every time I see a baby WH says I get this weird wistful look on my face... :p btw you got msn?

padi

Sharon: Where got late? Its only 10.30pm! The night is still young! haha. My hubby wants to wait abt a year or two then decide. He is just worried not enough finances, which I can understand. I just melt when I see him playing with kids and I know he really wants kids.
happy.gif

I have MSN! padicindy[a]hotmail
happy.gif

riko

hi Janice! How come only 2 gowns in you multiply?? I like the details of your WG! =)

I'm sure you will have fun tomorrow! Remember to capture some shots with your own camera so you can admire before the actual photos come out! =)

I have already done my PS and my coordinator is aileen. Yours?? now, i am waiting for her to call me to go view the photos once they are ready

Belle, u see hw lah, maybe can save somewhere and spend tat $180 for the make up if u really want. ;) wah, so fast tie ribbon liao ah..me today went card printing at kallang bahru. nt sure ex or nt, seems to be but lazy to source liao.. my FH's workplace quite near there..so more convenient. they charging us, $150 for 175 cards..hotstamping. and i bought the customised ang pow @ $48 for 100pcs. lazy to buy them, might as well get it customised. can use them for my fren's wedding too..just cartoon + our names(hotstamping) on ang pow. =)
anise, dun tink me getting my MUA to stay, coz she aldy told me, my AD she has to rush few areas..wah 17 days...so nice...can take long long break..hee..lomantic leh..

belleteo

Hey Jes, think i either call my friend to help me with the hairdo or ask for a lower price from my MUA.

Anise, ya i already completed 150cards, still got 150 to go. Tie fold all time time lei. I wanna quickly finish it then can quickly write name on it liao. Oct got more thing to do so must not waste time on the card.
Printing of card sometimes take 2weeks plus lei.

Hey Ladies, you all wanna check with Speed Technology at ubi see the hotstamp is how much. My insert is $80 for 400pcs. IF need let me know i will post the num.

qiqi09

Morning ladies,

Mei, it is not diff.. quite easy actually.. hee..

we are joking in the class that next time we will bake cakes as presents to friends.. coz cakes is cheaper then presents.. heee...

kayemoss

Morn ladies!

Piglet, baking a cake as a gift is a good idea. Can imagine the amount of effort to put into baking it!

Finally, its Friday!

millh

Hi Bride

Ya it is a promotion price when you buy sealy mattress from them.

I just placed order for my wedding cards to be printed keke... a bit late hor. Cos too busy with house reno.

But I settled all the things for GDL & An Chuang le

cutienottikitty

wow...it seems like all of us are busy with preparing for the wedding... next mth counting down..and getting cold fingers too...

luckily my mum dun want all the complicated GDL... so we just take boxes of cakes, invites & go to relative house tomorrow... =D

for bed..i already gotten mine b4 the GST rise... got from Serta... cos my current bed also from there...very comfortable... but the older folks were saying that marriage needs new bed..so got to buy another one... mine at that time was having a b4 GST increase promo..so got the bedframe, mattress and a long footrest/sofa for abt 2.2k ...so quite worth it... =D

got a long list of things to do...writing of invites..i'm pretty slack..so got to write them soonn... =P

what else have we missed out???

danadele

pineapple.. i noe.. dr says not suitable to fly now fer the first 3 mths..

apple79, not keen to go to cruise tat i will keep craving fer food ahahha

jesdreamz

Hey gals, for invitation cards hor.. Is it ok to print english version on front & chinese version at back of the inserts instead of normal side by side? Coz my cards are quite small.. Will it look awful?

belleteo

Hey jes, think you can bring yr card to the printer then ask them. They more pro. My card is 3 folded so i printed in centre english and right side smaller wording in chinese.

hazuki

hi all, i mia very long le.

been anxious abt my wedding on 22 sept. congrats to all. i'm dying of stress.

all things tat u gals r worrying abt, i also worry. plus my church thingy. all messed up as my fren - main coordinator bailed on me. therefore i changed her last min. so all planning is re-arranged. no time to chat. dying already.

take care all of u. rest well n be a happy bride!

law_len

Hi Petrina,
Congrats too! Same as u, last min one of my jie mei backed out coz of biz trip so i have to get another one now...Sigh....the thought of replanning sux man....

Take care too!

cactus_79

Hi Law & Len,
It happened to my hb too. One of his xiong di's backed out due to work.. but luckily managed to find a cousin to help out!
My GDL and AC is this Sunday. Feeling rather anxious about the whole thing. Trial run at hotel is on Saturday... earlier in the morning, going to pay respects to my hb's grandparents.

law_len

Ya lor Cactus, I also have to ask my cousin to replace my backed out jie mei...no choice le. My GDL was yst....my new bed will arrive tomorrow but AC only on 25th....

U still have trial run ah? Do u mean rehearsal on March in?

cactus_79

Yeah... we are rehearsing the march in, checking the projectors and sound system, using the microphones... basically running through the dinner's programme with our helpers. Also meeting the AV crew and the banquet manager.. hotel coordinator will be there too..
I'm told this is usually arranged 2 weeks before the wedding dinner.

kayemoss

Hehe, i just bought my durian mooncake! Dunno y, i have this sudden craving for durian mooncake... I think my piglet and i are just plain greedy!

law_len

Its Furama Riverfront....I heard the rehearsal wil only be on the AD itself....didnt knw that there is arrangement 2 wks before AD wor...

Anyway, will be meeting my coor next wk, will ask him then...

cactus_79

Yes.. there will be a rehearsal on the AD itself for us too...

actually, we didn't request for this trial run... it was just arranged for us by the hotel. I was told it is normally 2 weeks before. For our engagement and my parents' wedding anniversary dinners at different hotels, we also had this trial run 2 weeks before leh... I thought it is a standard thing.

we're having montages and having live music during our wedding.. .so it's very important for us to have the trial run. Also, our friends giving speeches, our emcee, and our overall coordinator also said they would feel more assured if they had a rehearsal before the AD date.

law_len

Oh really? I am so worried now....worried abt dinner banquet, AD hairstyles, alot alot of thngs...how i wish i can postpone everythng!

hazuki

Law & Len: how i wish everything can be over soon... i'm worrying so much tat i've been having constant headache everyday...

cactus_79

I understand what you mean, Law & Len. My MUA suddenly told me she can't do make up for my mom and MIL! She is going to get a replacement for me. Sigh. It's a bit upsetting cos this MUA did make up for my mom just 2 weeks ago for a function! And my mom liked her!

If you are concerned about the trial run, you can call your coordinator up. If have any probs, just tell your coordinator that Raffles Hotel, Shang and Fullerton offered trial runs 2 week before dinner date for their clients ...

cactus_79

I think we shld just leave the AD hairstyles to our MUA... For those who have had their trial make up, no need to worry so much. I'm sure our MUAs will try their best on our big day!

law_len

But cactus, during my PS the hairstyles do not really turn out nice on me...thats y i m worried that AD, it will be the same thing....so nw i tot maybe i research abit 1st and consult her during AD...