(2007) Brides of year 2007

monkie

hi jovi
dun worry, when times come, it will be done "automatically".
my GDL is this SUnday..and engagement day too.
hahah..i am excited too!

elchwong

Hi riko80...I ordered the mini fruit tarts and cakes...the 12 per box one...it's $7+ per box...I purposely ordered some extras so that I can have a taste of it and they are real yummy...

My GDL went smoothly as my parents are very easy going and didn't request for lots of things...thus it's a very relaxing and informal GDL as compared to most...not as tiring as I expected it to be...
happy.gif

diorsnow

ooh..If show face at cocktail means we gotta makeup quite early ya? Then by 2nd march-in..our makeup would havent 'melt or oxidized?'

jellyfield

sylphide,

heheh.. i've bought 2 yoga pants fr carrefour. cheap n good! but they are abit too casual for work.. haiz~

no stress no stress over the job.. the hols season is coming soon. wld be enjoying alotta public holidays in dec. yipee! heheh...

eh.. u preggie oso??? no worries abt the pukey thingy. i oni felt nauseas during the 1st tri, & oni puked once. different mtbs wld experience diff MS. some dun even haf MS.
happy.gif

cck,

congrats to u too & we've survived the 1st tri. same here.. have been feeling & eating like a hungry hippo now. n itz scary. cant imagine how it wld b during the last tri. gotta eat for every hr? yikes!

i'm currently working. haf juz returned fr bkk, managed to grab some bbdoll dresses n tops fr there. oh, u can try isetan. i've managed to get $19 bbdoll dresses fr there. tink can last for at least til the 2nd tri. whenz ur edd?
happy.gif

hui,

thks! howz things gg for u?
happy.gif

yuene

jellyfield,

No la, I'm not preggie (hoping for it soon!) though my stomach fats are so big that I've been mistaken twice last month already! LOL. My MIL has been hinting to my husband to settle down soon... She v funny, when she asked me to have a child soon, I told her "It's not I don't want, you go and persuade your son la!" And then she REALLY go and start bugging my HB... lol...And ya, I'm totally looking forward to Christmas season! Less events then, and can concentrate on Christmas prep (got church stuff and then also got Christmas party... busy busy)...

think_thrice

Hi, care to share what are the things that you have done and what are the things that are pending? I'm afraid I might have missed out some stuff.
Pending:
1) Ang Bao Box (to use hotel or DIY?)
2) Shoes to match Kua (is this necessary? Can I use others to replace?)
3) To order cake
4) To confirm timing with MUA
5) To find MUA for my sisters & mothers (mother & MIL)
6) What do we need to do for GDL?

That's all I can think of for now.

blur blur, so nice u serve yr parents tea first then go over to MIL...i also feel like leh..but its like super early lor. hahahha 6am? i guess i still stick to tea ceremony at hotel ba. yah, i'm getting our usual MUA who has done lots of make up for my frens n myself for my mum, jiemeis n inlaw. by rite, shld be $80 but she gave us discount coz we are the "lao gu ke" liao..
anise, yah i gt my album liao..but there were some patches nt printed properly. no time to rush out another album for us liao..they asking us to go bk for one to one replacement after my AD. sad n disappointed...still ask me to pay the balance..i din, i only pay one third. sigh....
anise,

monkie

1) Ang Bao Box (to use hotel or DIY?)
-- I DIY
2) Shoes to match Kua (is this necessary? Can I use others to replace?)
--I am not weaing Kua.. but you can wear a red heels, or those tradition embroidery kind (but rather expexnsive and not worth as unlikely will wear again.
3) To order cake
--at least 1 week before GDL, but also depending on who you order from.
4) To confirm timing with MUA
--one week before AD
5) To find MUA for my sisters & mothers (mother & MIL)
-- you can search for freelance MUA from SG brides forum. better not to engage MUA from bridal studio because its better to let them focus their attention on you.
6) What do we need to do for GDL?
- just exchange of things between bride and groom side. normally the groom will come to the brides house together with matchmater and a few of his brothers.

eemoo

Hello gals....

so how's everything? Me having my GDL this Sunday and my AD is next Sunday.
happy.gif

Very gan-chiong now, doing last min preparation...

max0924

hello gals, my AD juz over....it was super tiring and did not eat the whole day

but anyway juz relax, and enjoy the process
happy.gif

izzy_lizzy

hello i'm also a 17nov bride. read some posts about giving AP to jie meis... isn't that supposed to be given by me instead of my mum? getting confused about AP giving now while trying to finalise seating! can anyone advise? stress stress...

max0924

i gave to my jie mei, my hubby give to his bro....parents never give...but some wedding i went, both also give...i guess its up to u lor

rainbow79

Hi Ladies, I am a Dec bride too...
The guest list is really giving me a headache...
As Dec is a peak period which many people go for holidays and what's more my AD is so called auspicious day so I have guests also pulling out last min...
In fact, I have 1 table at KIV stage cos the guest may "go home" and the whole table will not be able to attend my wedding so putting that table as reserve table and so it means I have to find another 10 guests...
The sian part is filling 10 persons per table..I guess I will not insist such banquet for my next generation..hee

Anyone can suggest where to buy nice n affordable pyjamas to wear on eve of wedding?

piggydon

Sylphide: Don't be put off first as what jellyfield said different mums' bodies are different. I threw up too much is because my body is too weak to get adjusted to the hormones changes. One advice is build up ur body with tonics before conceiving. a strong body will get u through better through out the pregnancy
happy.gif

Jellyfield: My EDD is 4th april. babydoll dresses below $20? hee.. ok.. I'll pop by one of these days. If u heard of the brand "Mu" at bugis and hmv, they have nice tops and dress which surprisingly can accomodate preggie women and suitable to last till delivery. Can wear now and look like beautiful mum and continue to wear after birth
happy.gif

And I bought a dress @ bugis village for $10 bucks. Free size, no trying. But luckily can fit just nice. Also can last through the pregnancy i think. too short just wear leggings
happy.gif

piggydon

Anyway ladies, I read some time in Aug u gals mentioned about having potluck. I was thinking would it be nice to have a potluck cum mini gift exchange gathering one week before x'mas?

I think x'mas some of you might have church activities or family dinners. so wanna consider to have one advanced x'mas gathering? let me know majority of you can make it on a weekday or weekend evening. I'll set a date by then
happy.gif

think_thrice

Cynthia -
1. How long do u take to DIY the ang bao box? It's been some time since I last touch art...haaaa...so not sure if it'll turn out nice.
2. Yah, it's not worth to buy an embroidery shoes but i juz can't think of wat to wear esp since it's juz going to b worn for 2 hrs??
4. I'm juz afraid I can't get the time slot from my MUA. Made a call to her n she tol me that she can only let me know the timing at end of Nov. *sigh*....
5. Yup, I'm finding, you got anyone in mind?

Rainbow, I'm also trying to look for a nice n affordable pyjamas. Do keep me update if you manage to get one!

iceblue27

hi rainbow/think,
i gt my pyjamas at chinatown the 2nd/3rd level market. cant remb whic level, haha i wouldnt say its nice, jus practical n cheap, its actly plain color only, but it feels comfortable, material silk like (haha but nt ex so of cos nt really silk)

i got at $12 1 set

btw rainbow,i have several frens also goin overseas..haha smtimes i wil think mayb i chose wrg mth for wedg keke lik alot of ppl cant cm share my joy, al alrdy plan for holiday sm tim back

think_thrice

iceblue - okie. I shall go down to chinatown either tis Thurs / Sat. Can also check out if there's cheap cheap kua shoes. Heee...

my guest list is also driving me crazy. A lot suddenly juz tell me that they have relatives having same wedding date or overseas. URG....

judy_btb

Hi, Kiko & Cotton hill, thanks for reply. My dad gave me this date. I personal like this date as its easy to remember & eve of PH. When Do we do the GDL? Any Idea? 1,2 weeks or 1 month?

judy_btb

Hi, Cotton Hill & Riko, How is preparation getting along? are u very busy nearer to the date? When do we start sending invitations cards? my cards are ready but i dun know where to start with?

iceblue27

just fyi i gt mine at a stall manned by an uncle n a 'ye ye' vry frenly old ye ye.

relatives sides lik alwys prob. if couple say anyth may offend elders too.

monkie

hi thinktrice
for me, is my sister in law are doing the AP box but yet we took more than 3 hours to do it. she is a very crafty person but lost touch with art and craft for sometime too..plus she is really a perfectionist...

actually i think, we can just wrap the AP box with ivory cloth or wrapping paper. then tie a bow or decorate with flowers will do. no need to be to elaborate because no one will really bother to stand in front of the reception and admire your AP box...

well I am a very lazy bride to be and this is something i dun understand why some people can just spend so much time and affort to DIY things for this one day event. i will DIY to save cost only when savings is at least 30 - 40% cheaper than to buy. if the item is hard to DIY and expensive to buy, then I can forgo it if its not important to me like "save t he date cards", customised stickers etc..

monkie

hi think trice
talking about MUA, mine also can't confirm a date now and she ask me to call her 1 - 2 days before my AD.

then for my MUA, she is joey, 9487 4625...

monkie

hi dec brides to be...
december is the time where people will tend to go for holidays and clearing of leaves...for US company, they have a shut down period...

its expected to have poor turn out and this is normal. I attended a few weddings and last mininute MIA is common..

for GDL, depend on indvidual..most had it a week before their AD. for me, I had it 1 mth 4 days before my AD because this is the only time where my fh godma will be free.

for sending of invitation cards, I suggest you send them 1 month before your AD. then give them a call to invite them and only send cards to those who can attend.

ask them whether they receive the cards 2 weeks later..and ask them whether they bringing partner or someone along? this is indirectly asking them whether they can come or not.

do not increase the tables until the final date line given by the hotel such as one week before or 3 days before. because some jokers will tell you they can't make it even 3-4 days before.

In my point of view, if your guest exceed by 3-4 person, dun need to "open" extra tables...i think eventually there will be a last minute "no show" of 10%. so, if really not enough space, just ask hotel to add a chair per table tp slot in the extra 3-4 person.

hope this helps..cos I am going to have a engagement lunch this sunday...and this is what i am going to do.

tryphena

good morning ladies!

i had been busy esp just returned to work on mon. thks for your concern. guess what, I cut my hair real short and my tat SIL also cut her hair and on the same day smmore.

von, not to worry for your niece. will pray for her speedy recovery.

jhoo, glad to hear that ur little prince had recovered.

mei, its good that Claire is able to sleep amongst the noise. hehe.. i tink all babies are like that, they will sleep when ppl around after all had left they will wake up.

vivi77

hey dec brides..

does anyone know where to order wedding cakes?

I am also planning my guestlist. Very headache...how many tables u gals are having? mine is around 40.

nix77

Dates are drawing nearer... Are you all prepare for your Big Day?

Jovi>> The Seating arrangement will be a headache.. me and my hubby decide to plan this one wk before one AD.. Cos we need to call and double confirm on the attendance 1st before fixing the seating.

riko

judy>> i also like the date as it's eve of PH, and it's special.. i think my GDL will be about 2 weeks b4 AD (preferably a Sun). I have given out invites to colleagues and sent out invites to friends already... I already have some colleagues telling me they can't attend, so in coming 2 weeks, will have to thicken my skin to ask the rest if they will be attending

worry about last min no show, and the table seating too..

think diy ang bao box still got time to do, intend to diy corsages too, now multi-tasking many things at the same time

kayemoss

Morn ladies!

Today is my 29th day of confinement! Hehe, on Friday, i will be able to shower & wash my hair everyday... Definitely will go to the hair salon on Friday to wash my hair.

Jazol, ur SIL and u so coincidence to trim the hair on the same day!

I had uploaded Claire's latest pix in the below url.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kayern13

rainbow79

Hi iceblue27,
which part of chinatown did u get the pyjamas from?

I am having my cake giving this weekend too..
Yr call it GDL? what does it mean?

tryphena

kaye, seen the pics. Claire is so cute and adorable. Looks like she loves to drink milk cos she has grown abit more flesh after birth. She knows how to twirl her tongue so irristable.

vivi77

hi nix >> some colleagues & friends inform me they can't attend, so sad..mine is near x'mas, many people going for tour. Have u had ur GDL already? me hvnt leh. I intend to do my Ang Pao Box lor, shd be quite easy. Now also planning my video montage, how abt u ?

Hey gals, i think pyjamas can be found in those lingeries dept. Me too, sourcing for me & my hubby.

nix77

Jovi>> Not only u have this prob, i think most of us here will face this prob.. Like last min ppl cant turn up cos of travelling plan.. some cant attend oso due to their wedding date is close to ours...
Btw i already got the box but have yet to think how to deco it. No i just use the montage dvd done by my bridal shop.. So have u went to see ur layout already?