(2005) Brides of year 2005

yuki_ko

Hi Sharlene

Dun mentioned it lah... juz my personal advise mah...

Hi Genie

Sorrie lah.... mi blur blur also... ROM in birdpark... sounds kinda fun hor...

yuki_ko

Hi SerLi

U can check if yr hotel can afford to give u a function room or poolside or corner of a foyer or something like that for yr tea ceremony.... which hotel are u using anyway?

Perhaps, prepare some entertainment like yr ROM Slides, etc.... but normally, the older pple got lots to talk abt... juz give them some chairs and they can self-entertain themselves....

If u really too many then bo bian lor... think u have to go thr' the normal procedure of tea ceremony in each house...

I wanted to do that... but mine, the group is too small and become very funny... think maybe my ah yees & brothers add together more than the relatives... so no point lor...
155498.gif

sereneli

Hi Rosalind,

Maybe I will ask. Thought I can settle on Carlton Hotel but my parents may want Sheraton. So now gotta redo my field work again
sad.gif

btw, how you do the emoticons? very cute leh...kekeke

yuki_ko

Hi Ger...

this thread like getting quieter each day... dunno can get participants or not...

Anyway... see if I can think of some place to go..

btw, when r u gals getting married? & How's yr preparation so far?

little_a

rosalind,
this thread has become very quiet. can try to arrange for one.

i am getting married in Nov 05. Have settled most of the things. presently trying to do up my church booklet and AD programme schedule.
my first appt is in Oct 04. having PS on 25 Jul 05.

blush

nanshee, ger
wow, u guys completed your MPC so early! i haven't even booked anything. i travel a lot, so cannot afford the time to go for MPC, that's why going to take EE. heard the MPC is more in depth.

btw, is anyone here intending to get an AD videographer? not sure if it's useful. especially for the dinner, end up seeing a lot of footage of taking table photos and the thank-you line....wanna find out if there's any point in spending the money.

rainbow

Hi Yuuri,

Im not too particular abt choosing an auspicious date but to have a peace of mind, we did look up the 1000-yr almanac. heh!

Ive also not made my gown yet! Other than settling on wedding banquet venue, BS, AD photographer and videographer, ive not done anything else. :p

Hi Matilda,

My 1st appt with BV is this Friday, 1 day after yours! We'd share our experience after that k?!

little_a

blush,
I wan to complete my MPC earlier cos i am studying part-time. oso there are many things to do upon completion of MPC. Have to attend NFP, interview session (with the priest), submission of documents. very tedious.
MPC is definitely more in-depth than EE.
Are u an air stewardess??

I engaged an AD videographer. I find it nice to have one cos the feeling u get from viewing the video differs from static photos.

chill1padi

hi ger, my prep? Still very lost, HTB always change idea about theme. BS? I am considering Camelia Haute Couture or Clementi Bright. But at least we have work out the checklist and schedule!

caicai

Hi gina , do check out on their wedding favours , heard from the forum , they hv really nice wedding bells.
good luck
happy.gif

Intercon's location is good , much convenient.

^5! cottoncandy , so how is your ID firm search? i think i mite use Darwin Interior , heard of it b4? i hv already finished my basic stuff -like flooring , electric , false ceiling etc , just looking ard for basic carpentry works like kitchen , platform in living room--small portion, walk in closet , shoe cabinet etc

rokko

rosalind: no leh... at first my AD was in july then got postponed to sept.. more becos of my work schedule lor... so i still got plenty of time lar... ;p

icy: wahh outdoor PS in birdpark sounds v nice leh... the $300 is paid to birdpark to use their facilities ah? like q pricey hor, but v v unique idea!!! thumbs up!!!
happy.gif

sharlene: hey do tell us the new name for ur chinchilla when u haf thought of one ok?? ;p is this a male or female chinchilla?? and ur first fitting so soon in oct oredi ah??? so excited for u!!! u will definitely look gorgeous in that dreamy dream divine gown!!! wat abt ur EG? designed oredi?? ;p

sharlene, me not having PS leh... putting the $$$$ into AD photography instead ;p

chill1padi

ger,
my schedule very straightforward, more like when to confirm venue, bs, , parents meet up, GDL, buy furniture, wedding band, etc. My HTB wanted me to give him the schedule so that he can plan the things. I believe all these you already settle, rite?

ger, any idea whether we can get a pastor to solemnise our wedding, both of us are christian, but not member of any church. Any idea how to go about doing it?

little_a

chalris,
EE - Engaged Encounter; MPC - Marriage Preparation Course.

It is compulsory for catholics/mixed marriage (catholic + non-catholic) to attend. We have to produce either EE or MPC cert before we are allow to marry in the church.
Non-catholics or Christians of different denominations can oso attend but it will be conducted from a catholic perspective.

Btw, can u make it for the gathering?

little_a

jamie,
my fiance's sis is from wesley methodist. i can check with her. but the thing is both of you aren't baptised...might be a little difficult. anyway, i will check.

chill1padi

hi chatterbox, can share wat your package consist?

ger, if I am not wrong, for wesley, we have to be member or baptised before we can have our wedding there. And on top of that, we have to go through marriage couselling course! I think this applies to all churches

chatterbox

ger - thanks
happy.gif

jamie - quite standard for Camelia package. I took up the OTR package w/o photography. Is 1.8k+.
If I decided to take Kelvin then juz nid to top up the remaining bal to 2.8k+
- WG
- EG
- Tea dress
- Father's suit
- Bouquet for PS & AD
- Make up
Thk quite standard

yuki_ko

Hi Ser Li

Sheraton is very nice... I used to work there mah... Anyway, I juz attended a wedding there last month, their lightings are wonderful... food's delicious too... the only thing is, it's too expensive... good choice if u dun mind spending abit more...

U juz right-click on the icon and save lor... then next time, when u wanna upload it into yr msg, juz click <upload> &amp; select the emoticons...
155547.gif

josie

zoe ,

The corage is pretty can teach anot huh !!!

me still 26 as my AD is 09/09/05 which is before my bird day hahaha.....veri old liao
sad.gif

Lucky i look young hahaha !!! i think most of us look young
happy.gif

stars03

Hi Ladies,

I am back from my trip..tired.. Wow so many messages...

Hi gina,so happy to hear that u sign up wif Jon..is his actual works reali as good as his website pics? Guess i have to arrange to meet up wif him soon alr..
happy.gif
I am interested to know wat the package details that u gotten for Jon and captured moments..coz dunno wat to look out for and have a budget for videographer too..
happy.gif
Maybe u can email me the details of yr package wif Jon and captured moments.. my email is [email protected]... Tks lots
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi nemo,
Yup i gotten yr email..tks gal too..

Hope to confirm my photographer and videographer soon..
happy.gif

virgo_jenn

Zoeane,

U r so smart I also wanted to do somthg for my wedding intend to buy some wedding favour and do my own wrapping still exploring.

Can u tell me where u buy the thgs for this wrist corsage &amp; hw u made it intend to do a few for my helpers/jiemei save some cost.

princessweds13

Yo Judy

Here's what I did on selecting BS - Shortlisted a few, went down, and ultimately it's the affinity between you and the BS. I mean, everyone can provide suggestions but it's really your own comfort level at the end of the day
happy.gif

yuki_ko

Hi Icy...

Hahahaha... looks like we r all confused... $300? Including photographer or juz to take photos @ the birdpark?

Hi Rokko...

I tot so... I remembered that u r getting married sometime in Jun or Jul... but suddenly become Sep... tot mi blur blur remember wrongly again... Poor u... so much work? tot Jun &amp; Jul school holidays shld be better for u, no?
155558.gif

Ya Ya... Sharlene... must share wif us the new name for yr new baby... can't think of one? we help u lor... like my pet like hor.. so excited.. anyway, what's the name for yr previous one? maybe something similar but not exactly the same?
155559.gif

And yes, I still love yr dreamy divine gown... must show us yr PS photos, okie?
155560.gif

tou2

Hi ladies

icy, I saw some advert on that too
happy.gif
But don't remember if it's for the zoo or birdpark hehe... It does sound interesting though, with butterflies and stuff. Are you interested for the wedding package or the solemnisation one?

Hi Sharlene, what's the name of your first chinchilla? Though you already decided on your gown oredi? Then the first appointment is to take your measurements is it? Sorrie, me still quite ignorant abt such things
embarrassed.gif

Hi Rokko, no lar, haven even talked to my designer abt my WG design yet. Plan to go down only in Oct. Cos' the designer is going on Maternity leave in Nov to Dec 04.

chill1padi

anyone intend to do any special performance for your husband on the AD? I am thinking about it, but most of the time I only see husband doing for wife? What you all think?