(2005) Brides of year 2005

tou2

Morning!!

Hi Rosalind, so what time do I meet you? You have my HP rite?

Sharlene, Oh, I'm also not sure when the GDL's supposed to happen. Err...but I tot it's supposed to follow brides' custom cos' GDL stuff is the groom gives us.

janey, wow so envious
bounce.gif
Can you ski well? I tried skiing in Austria and it was an embarrassment. I could'nt brake and went crashing into a group of ppl. Very painful experience. Hehe, not just the hot air balloon. Have you tried Bungee jumping??

jellytots77

Gals HELP....

hmm u all aware tat our AD mostly falls in the chinese 8yue.... i heard fm ppl say tat during the month of 7th month shall not send invities or more pantang one cant even do anything related to wedding leh.... so for me my AD is 8yue 8ri only 8 days after the 7th month.... so means my invities has to be send during the chinese 6yue liao rite...

So hv u all come across this hur... i scared my parents and IL so pantang then i die liao man...

jnj

Jelly...my colleague also encounter this this yr so what she does is to send out all invitation cards one day before the ghostly month....however she still discuss her wedding during this month though......

as urs is 8 days after still not too bad lah...ur An1 chuan2 can still be done 3 days before wedding.....etc,,,still have 8 days to prepare well....no worries.....they say usu. going to wed couple r slightly more lucky n thus should not worry abt those "dirty" stuff cos they r the one who should avoid us.....so keep urself in happy mood n be a pretti bride.....

but if u n ur parents n PIL not pan dang then should be ok lah.....

cheers!!

last night surf for some wedding info till my pc clashed...
sad.gif
....now no pc to use at home....
sad.gif

chalris

Thanks, little ger for including me in the list. My ROM date is 28 Nov 04 and AD will be 28 Nov 05.
The rest still looking.
biggrin.gif
slow...
embarrassed.gif

jellytots77

yo jnj... thanks for tat... cos i know has to send during the last week of 6yue but hur... is more than a month b4 ur AD... wait ppl tends to forget leh... sianzzzz.... then still hv to call ppl up to cfm attendance after tat.... also cant do in 7th month hur.... like tat siao liao...

wow pc crash... nbr mind comex show start today...

princessweds13

Hi

I'm new here
happy.gif

Wedding date confirmed on 15 May. Have booked the banquet venue, and bridal studio -Tan Yoong (All done on the 2nd last day before the onset of Hungry Ghost :p).

Looking at Chijmes for solemnization.

Still sourcing for photographers. Any recommendations? Was thinking of signing up with Attitude but he charges S$4,500 for overseas PS (3 days' service) and this doesn't include his airfare/accomodation
sad.gif

jnj

what my colleague do is she sms to frens to remind them of the wedding date as it comes nearer even though it is in 7th month....as for relatives her mom / PIL will call them up themselves to check ...also in 7th month.
think not so pang dang as in cannot even mention the wedding lah....like tat siao liao leh...all cannot do then how.....

y not check with the ur parents or ur hubby PIL....if they r not pan dang then think should be ok lah...cos normally the pandang ones r the parents n in laws.....

prob only major things like sending invitation cards and an chuan cannot send during the 7th month

cannot surf net at home liao...haiz
sad.gif

virgo_jenn

Highness...

Ya preparations almost done only need to pay the deposit nw is the money issue already to place deposit to confirm bkg but more or less already shortlisted those vendors I 'm engaging their svc.

First mtg with BS is dec so at least I can nw enjoy myself. Also waiting for restaurant to call me for contract signing as the chef nds to re-package our menu anyway deposit given.

zoeanne27

hi

I dun know there is such things as cannot send invitation on 7th month. Thanks for the info. Mine is on 18 Sept and 19 Sept.
It is Ba Yue4 Shi2 Wu3 ( mooncake Fest).. So 15 days for me to "An Chuan"??

If send invitation by Liu4 Yue4, is it too early?

Saw on Jelly list. Piggerous took Sam Photography on 18 Sept liao. Meaning i cannot choose him liao.. LUCKY GIRL....NVM LA

happy.gif

yuki_ko

Hi Tou2

Mi meet @ 3 pm outside E-Bridal?

GDL only 1 to 2 weeks before the AD? By then so busie liao, still got time to prepare for all these things meh?

Hi Tou2... at least u dare to try... When I went to Australia... I didn't even dare to ski...
153850.gif
I tried the 'sitting down kind' hmmm... dunno what it's called.. at least, I only crash into trees... not that painful...
153851.gif

josie

hmm ... jelly you got your point !!

luckily you bought to my attention abt this issue as i did not realise that hee hee !

I think better check with our parents before proceed to do any nessarary matters .

Phew ...jelly thank you !

jazzygal

Hi Jelly

U r right abt the 7th month thingy. My mum forbid me to go JB this lunar month to source for BS. Cos not too good this month to do anything related to wedding. Ai ya.....very sian liao.

sunny_gal

welcome Noah, Caicai, Jovia to our big family!
happy.gif

wow so many new brides here! hmm me starting to get confused when i read the msgs cos too many brides now.

hey caicai, did i get it rite?! is ur AD on 9-Oct?

jellytots77

yo jnj.... i think the major issue like sending invites cant do in 7th month lor... cos i even heard fm my colg said those receiving party also dun like leh... wow like tat die liao lor.... think sms or call to cfm attendance should be okie lor... but not sending invites... cos me scared sending invites too early ppl tend to misplace them mah.... furthermore scared they also forget lor... cos if send b4 7th month means its more than a month away fm the wedding leh...

yo josie... no problem... juz happened when my friend told me tat... worse for her tat she cant do anything on the whole of 7th month... hope my parents and IL not so pantang man...

yo jazz...good luck man... like tat also cant then ur AD worse rite... pai sei not throwing wet blanket lah... btw urs is which day of 8yue hur...

jazzygal

Hey Jelly

Am on the 27th and 28th Aug(lunar)...actually looking to go JB and now cannot go this weekend.... real siao liao....dun know how long this ghostly month going to end but then again...I have to go on business trip this month...how come mum did not object...heheee....

jnj

Jelly then u can send before the 7th month n then give reminder calls to them as the date draw nearer....

now that u all mention abt this 7th month,.....just realise i source for my AD venue during this month leh...now is 7th month hor........how?

how come 7th month cannot do all these things...izzit scare those "thing" come n disturb.....heheh

huiling

HI everyone i have decided on my venue finally! been to four seasons hotel but did not like the look of the crescent ballroom. so it is Regent hotel for me! whew! it is such a headache looking at all the hotels.

I'm having a luncheon with my close friends at regent.

hope everyone is having fun with your prep!

BTW, i should be able to make it for the outing if I'm not bogged down by work. so count me in!

jellytots77

yo jazz... 7th month last day is on 13/09/04... so u wait patiently lor... think wedding old ppl more pantang... maybe u can go @@ look look but dun sign can or not...

yo jnj.... actually me not pantang one leh... is coming here @@ ppl said 7th month cant do this and cant do tat leh... also duno why... even for hse also... wow... me fainting man... if u not pantang... then bo chap lor... cos since ur parents n IL also nbr said anything wat... me also act blur until they make noise then said lor... kekeke

little_a

Outing for Nov 05 Brides Tread (combined outing with 2006 Brides Tread)

Date : 17 Sep 04 (Friday)
Time : 7.00 - 7.30pm
Venue : To be confirmed

1. little_ger
2. Blush
3. Garfield
4. girl ren yu

Suggested Venues :
1. Steamboat @ Suntec
2. mySecret Garden @ Middle Road (Bugis)
3. Tian Tian Steamboat @ Tan Quee Lan Street (Bugis)

ublur

highness, i wan to slim down to 53kg!! but i think it's quite difficult.. hahahah anyway u r perfect wat.. 165cm at 50kg...

yuki_ko

Hi Vine

Mine is on 26 Jun 05, hotel - HIPV, BS - E-Bridal. I went to Silver lining before... some of the gowns there are so dreamy...

alan_golfnut

blur_blur: Dun use those height-weight charts as a guide, it's a complete joke, VERY antiquated way of measuring. The way to go nowadays is percentage body fat.

tou2

Thanks icy. Wow, really very detailed and complicated leh. Is it the same for all dialect grps (minus those you put in brackets)? Err...are we allowed to skip some? Like grooms pants (cos' provided by BS), and roast pig, and lesses trotters?

When did your parents sit down to discuss abt these things??

jnj

jazz....u go on business trip mah not wedding trip ...so of cos ur mom no make noise....kekkeke...

ya i bo chap lah....like that alot of things no need do liao leh......act blur....since my mom n in law no say anything i presume it is ok

tarepanjo

wow...there are twelve Oct 05 brides now in this forum...kekeke...

sweet : you are so nice...always helping us keep tracks...
154066.gif

cai cai : you can take a look at the photographer directory...i thk kalyedoscope oso not bad...

jazzygal

Hi Jelly

Yes...yes... agree on acting blur...we so happy planning and there elderly say this and that cannot..... really spoil mood. Kekeke....

Now come to think of it...I shld not have told my mum abt it..shld tell her it's business trip instead..hahaa...

jessp

Hi to all again,

Realised that most of the videographers listed in SB are quite ex... > $1k.. how about you all who already got their videographers? Is the price range in this region too? Can anyone forward me their videographer quotation, for those who have already signed up? thanks.. ;p

Email: [email protected]

edna

hi jovia..i am thinking of signing up with captu**d moments. initially wanted fabian lim...but abit ex... captured is only abt 700.

zoeanne27

Hi Jazzy

Wedding always include the whole family.. Come to think of it too, my hubby and I make decision ourselves b4 telling them. The most we went home and said we already book this hotel, confirm 20 tables and book our BS, deposit given etc etc..

After seeing so many of the postings, we like so unfilial... ahahah

Hubby and I met so many unhappy incident with both side parents.. Esepcially my hubby side... wan this and that during our ROM. In the end, we decide not to get anyone side involve and do it ourselves. Lucky now no complains from them..
So afraid when we need to " Guo Da Li" , buy " Si Dian Jin", " An Chuan".. cannot imagine all things pop out again...

Hee hee... abit scary...

ger

Hi tare,

Its still 14 mths b4 our wedding day and we alrdy have 12 brides.....hope when the dates are nearer we will hve more oct btb join us.

I'm considering Yew Kwang...any1 have any comments?

blush

hey jamie, another one at bishan! yeah! where in bishan are you at? i'm at st 11, garfield at st 24.

girl ren yu, congrats u finally picked a place! regent is a nice, quiet hotel.

little_ger, what's the divine package like? which photographers do they tie up with? i think i shld start looking for BS soon, although must loose some weight first. otherwise cannot try on gowns properly... heehee...