(2004) Brides of year 2004

forest

hi smallonion,
heee... shiok ah... now i think i'll hve probs gog bk to work next mon.... felt so nuah liao.. kakakka
lol.gif

hi oraia,
yeah.. feeling betta liao.. for me, i got allergic reaction to the xmas eve dinner tat i had with hubby.. so it was a real damper!!!
sad.gif

BS ah... i wan to visit alot leh.. the regulars lor... divine, silverlining, kai, silhouette, those at tg pagars lor... i really ve no idea wat suits me leh.. so, think will b a real headache lor.....
sad.gif

cc2

I book directly with the driver. I have the contacts of the champagne gold driver contacts. Let me know if u want them.

cc2

Cat,

I think it's 6 seats excluding the driver. 5 seats at the back with 3 facing the front and 2 back facing and 1 more seat beside the driver. But I think for the 3 seats facing the front, it's better that only the bride & groom sit there cos the WG will be quite "pong".

oceans

Hi All, Happy Year 2004!!

Today in office very quiet, though lots of work! However, feeling abit sick. Started with cough and then flu... now stomache also no good!
sad.gif

All must try to take care cos our wedding is very near!!! Must really work hard so that we all can look good on our <font size="+2">Big Day</font>!
biggrin.gif

Tomorrow going to Harbour Front Centre to collect my wedding cards. Probably need to do the guest list planning now.
uhoh.gif

Odie and Smurfy, thks!
happy.gif
For the Guo Da Li stuff hor, how much u gals paid for them huh?
talker.gif
Oh, did anyone follow the An Chuang procedures???

mee_mee

Hi Ocean,

The address of shop that sells guo da li stuff is at Jurong west, Blk 506, #01-180. Its very near to the hawker centre/market.

For Greymatter, I have signed for the $1,500 oackage. Wanted photos to be laminated to ensure that it last longer.

Yah.. today office very quiet...

Everyone must take care!

oraia

hi forest,

oh dear! what did you and ur hubby eat??!! hehe, i once got food poisoning fr eating our own cooked food hehehe cos the clams not fresh.

wah.. so many ah? mabbe u must see ur budget and wat u like? eg. divine is good for sexy low back gowns... ted wu is embroidery... BV is elegant, clean lines and crystals...
happy.gif
dun stress lah... it's a fun process!

neece

2nd - Winterhakone (BV, Fullerton, Punggol)
3rd - Smallonion (Everbliss, Concord Hotel)
5th - Twinkeleglint(Whitelink, Pan Pac,Woodlands)
5th - Meagan (Noble House, Sengkang)
9th - secret garden (Conrad, Telok Blangah)
11th - Michelle (Santiago, M Hotel,Punggol)
11th - Girl_girl (White Link, Le Meridien, Yishun)
12th - Oraia (BV, Grand Hyatt, Jurong West)
12th - neece (Margaret's, M Hotel, Seng Kang)
12th - KPO Lady (Paris, Pan Pac, Seng Kang)
12th - Zhuzhu (Camellia, Carlton, Tampines)
12th - Lovey(Divine, Merchant Court, Bishan)
16th - Soupie (JLC, Trader's Hotel, Bedok)
18th - Fanny (Jawn,Raffles the Plaza,Seng Kang)
19th - Trisha (Swissotel)
19th - Jasline (Htl rendevous, Holland)
19th - Doremon (Santiago, SK)
24th - Fi Fi ( Wedding News, Crown Prince, Punggol)
24th - Piglets (BZ, Pan Pac, Bukit Panjang
26th - wendy76 (Fullerton Hotel)

Hi all!
Phew! finally settled signed my BS and PS.

Doremon,
Thanks wor.. I've met Earnest last week, both of them real nice.. But too rush to settle videography, so putting on hold.. still ponder whether to engage prof video services on AD anot.

Fifi and brambles,
hey! u two working in the east?? me too!! maybe we can meet meet? heheh

lovey,
welcome back wor.. our AD same day! great to have urs in MC, it was my 1st choice, but can't meet dat many tables..
happy.gif

forest

hi oraia,
heee... i had chicken with lobster.. so, the only likely culprit is lobster lor... kekekek...
lol.gif

kekekke... ya lor.. so many rite? kekeke.. i really ve no idea wat i like.. must try out the gowns n see which suits me mah...
embarrassed.gif

forest

hi steph,
aiyo... so pai seh... :p

okies.. hotmail is only 2mb storage.. n ive got only 600k empty... hve jus cleared it to more than 1mb avail.. hopefully this time, it'll go thru.. tks soooooooo much!!!!!
biggrin.gif

cawaii

Girlfriend: 2 June, Flamingo Bridal, Concorde Hotel
Cawaii: 2 June, Whitelink, Marriott
Pianokey: 12 June, Flamingo Bridal, Marriott
Fairymoss: 20 June, Irene's Creation, Sheraton Towers
Cat: 27 June, X-Zen, Four Seasons

hi oneeu, i wan to c.. pls send to [email protected]

hi cat &amp; mel, welcome to join us!

brambles

cin_p, tell me about it! 2005 is so near n yet so far!
sad.gif

my future lovenest is at rivervale crescent. juz diagonally opp rivervale mall
happy.gif

oraia

hi forest,

hmmm... mabbe ur chicken never cook properly? possible oso
happy.gif

but nv mind lah... over already.. most impt is recover and get well
happy.gif

so many hehe gowns to try at so many shops.. happy trying...
happy.gif
must update us when u've decided ok?

odie

Hi Ocean... I really have no idea how much was spent. FMIL paid for most of the stuff but should be in the region of $300 to $400 bah... and for my side its only $27 bucks :p We kept everything to the minimal.

Nope no An Chuang for me though :p

Yup taking care of myself... but CNY coming... so a bit tough (and not forgetting maintaining the waist line will be a challenge as well... muwahahaha :p)... and think I'm going to have my menses on my big day *wails*

lovebyte

Hope everyone had a FAB time celebrating the new year!

Thanks Odie &amp; Oceans for your kind words of encouragement.

Odie - your advice is really very much appreciated. Thank goodness for this forum where a stressed-out bride gets to air her thoughts to sympathetic listeners who actually understand, empathise and can help too! Have another question for you - could you please let me have the address of the Guo Dai Lai shop in the east? My mum was talking about buying it from Chinatown... would you know if that is advisable?

Update - clumsy me kinda twisted my ankle. Had to go to a sinseh for acupuncture... so now I am not only a pimply, hassled bride-to-be, I limp too!!

Hope everyone is doing great

Cheers
EC.

girlfriend

hahha cawaii &amp; pianokey, i haf sthg similar with 2 of u &amp; both of you have sthg similar.

cawaii, our AD is on the same day.

cawaii &amp; pianokey, banquet venue same.

pianokey, our BS same.

Anyway I found someone same AD &amp; BS as me in another thread.

dabee

hi gals:
when my MIL chose our wedding dates. there are few throughout this year which are suitable for my husband n me. and each wedding dates come with respective dates to "na cai".

tsubame

Hi cc2, thanks for the clarification. Ya, my WG is a formal ballgown so very "pong"
lame.gif
. Actually that's part of the reason why I want a London Cab, enough space.
wink.gif
But at least after change into tea dress not so troublesome already.

Will appreciate the contacts for the champagne gold driver. And the rates you got too. Just learned that they had a promotion which ended in Nov. Full day for just S$398. Now is S$588!
sad.gif
If can get at promo price right, might consider getting another one for my Shiong Di Jie Mei. Now too late...

My email: [email protected]

Finally make contact with Photographer, will be going for photo selection this Sunday.
happy.gif

fi_fi

neece,
sure no prob... which part of east r u in? me in changi. quite far ler.

glad 4 u, finally 2 more loads down. can concentrate on others liao.

msreal

Your album very fast lei.I had not taken my PS yet. Same like you,had not prepared a lot of things but things will generally flow smoothly when the time is nearer

cc2

Hi Cat,

I have sent you the contacts of the London Cab. They were having a promo couple of months back.I din make use of the promo, I booked directly thr the driver. When I booked with the driver, the colour I want was not part of the promotion but later on they added that colour in! Anyway, the prices not much diff, so I still stick with the driver's booking.

Happy photo selecting!
happy.gif

pageup

Hi Odie,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried out by calling a few old friends. The common answers I got is 'cannot confirm now', 'should be ok'. I'm rather worried about these answers.
uhoh.gif
Don't know how to plan guest list and seating arrangement from here.

Ocean and lovebytes. I got my guo da li stuffs at chinatown. It is at a tiny stall on level one of that hawker centre. We spent about $60 on quite a number of items like tea set, little xi stickers, plastic trays, basin, lamps, umbrella etc. I think ours is consider pretty elaborated probably because of our dialect group customs.
We tried to follow the customs as close as possible lor. I'm afraid after our generation, these traditions will be lost forever.

Lovebytes, think you get too stressed. Afterall, wedding is just a one day affair. Like what Odie suggest, focus on basic necessity.
rest your ankle now, avoid too much of walking around. Sometimes it helps if you rotate your ankle slowly in the opposite direction where you have your 'twist'. I think the way to cure pimple is plenty of sleep and plain water.

Perhaps the priority we have now is to take care of ourselves, so that we will look best on our wedding days eh?

One more month ladies. Stay cool!!

Hey, I got my studio photos scanned already and ready to "show off'
proud.gif

poshies

Hallo... Happy New YEar!!!!

Going to be a new and exciting year ahead of us..
so how is the preparation getting on???

Hi Ocean,
So you had confirm using Kai? Suppose to meet Kai too but really unable to find timeslot... sign~

For An Chuang, hear my mother say to my FMIL that is on the day of Guo Da Li, after the item transfer, go over to the new house, without the bride, put the new sheet cover on the bed and place some item (think is datas, and other thing that soud auspious for couple, can't remember what they are) on the bed. leave it on for a week or anot before removing them. In the meantime don't let any female person including children near or touch the bed. That all I can remember!

Hi Lovebyte,
Agreed with Odie, just relax have a deep breath enjoy the progress of the event... don stress yourself out... that is not good... wedding is only a day event but marriage is a lifetime... so stay happy.....

Hi Pageup,
I want to see.....

BTW mine should be ready by next week when I get the photo from Kelvin..

Lastly any one here serve red wine? If yes, how much should I prepare if I have about 25 tables, my guest are not really drinker?? Can advise, and where to get good and cheaper wines?

Hi convoy..Octbride_78...,

the details have been sent to u gals! (",)

Hi forest, the mail has finally been sent to u! ;P

hybird

Hi Jan Brides, ur big day is coming soon..

Just wanna offer some help here...Just to check if u gals have prepare the wine and hard liquor for ur banquet? If u need any help, do email me at [email protected]

convoy

hi steph,

thanks! i've received the mail...

BTW ladies, 10 Oct is my daddy's bday...!!
happy.gif
hope you guys have a blissful and beautiful wedding on that day...

fairymoss

Ino,

Contiki tours is more for backpackers, their best package for tourists is the time-out package, which I've seen is not as good compared to Insight. Many hidden costs and the hotels are not as good. Hubby and I prefer a more comfortable hotel preferably in the town centre. The hotels that Insight provides is pretty good, with Sheraton, Hilton, Mariott etc.. depending on individuals, we are the ones preferring a better place to sleep during holiday as rest is important coz need to travel long hours during the day u see. I've got a not so good experience when we went Mauritius and the hotel we stayed is a 4* hotel, but it's the worst hotel we ever stayed. The curtains fell down, the shower broke down etc...once bitten twice shy, so we more careful with the selection of hotels now. Contiki is good if u love adventure coz I heard from friends, they got half the time for u to roam on your own, go hiking etc. But heehee, hubby and I not those type, we prefer to be pampered on when travelling. I think so far only Globus and Insight tour not bad but I've not seen Globus package before. I'm torn between travelling on our own to Prague and taking a 12D package with Insight and taking a 20D package which includes Prague. the 20D is good, but it's expensive at more than 3K USD per person and with the air tickets from here to London, it's gonna cost us a bomb. The 12D is good, but then the tour terminates at Rome, and not London, we got to purchase ticket from Rome to London to fly back Sg or buy one way ticket at a higher price and also tickets to Prague which only a few European countries fly there. So many things to consider, so sian...

I feel tired at times to do the wedding preps, how about you girls? now the date is drawing nearer, the more I can't take my own sweet time to plan. And my work is also demanding, got to bring my work back to do sometimes, and always can't seem to finish the work and I'm taking on a new role in my job, so have more responsibilities and I feel drained out...HELP!!!

cawaii

hehee agree....

anyway, june 2 also happen to be my birthday as well.. so double happiness.
happy.gif

luckily my rom not on tt day, if not HB will give excuse to give only less present.. hahaa

hybird

Hi poshies, I'll be sending u to ur email add the price list for the wine..hope it'll help u in some way
happy.gif

Hi All Feb brides &amp; grooms, if u needs help to get wine or hard liquor, do email to [email protected]

fairladys

Hi everyone!!!

i am taking my PS on the 16th of this mth... Going for my final fixing next week!! Still have not prepare anything yet....

Wat to bring for my PS har??

vivis

Hi gals,

I m new here. Hope u gals can share some tips with mi.

My AD is 18 Oct but i hvnt book my tables yet. Wanted to book Merchant Court but the slot is already taken up.

I m hunting high n low for the hotel b'cos of some constraint. some hotels cant cater up to 50 tables.... tats why i hv some problem here..

Hope u gals can share some of yr experience.

Thanks!

dumpling

Hi Pageup

Thinking of going to Maldives too and looking for the package value for money...I went to a tour agency located in Peninsula Plaza. They quoated me SGD4800+ for four night staying in Sonevagili resort for two persons (no meals and airfare included)....how about yours?? BTW, they offer a better rate for the off peak season (19 April - Oct)...I don't mind going later (my wedding is on 7 Feb)....but not sure whether it will be rainy season in April...any idea??

Hi EC
You are also from bridal veil?? hmm....you only had your first fitting recently?? Mine is almost all done....but no worries, I am sure Michelle will do a good job!

fencnef

hi gers..
my wedding on oct too..my wedding date on 30 oct(same as iluydia)..my BS is wif the wedding present..can consider if u haven't sign up wif BS yet..
happy.gif

iluydia

Hi nif_iuhc

where are you having your banquet? 30th is a real hot date yeah?

Hi vivis

if you can't get Merchant court, there are a number of hotels that can accomodate 50 tables. Grand copthorne? , marina mandarin, orchard, marina mandarin.

MC is very hot so usually you need to book way way in advance...
happy.gif

Hi forest!

are you aries as well? kekeke...aries very gao tu
lol.gif

eternity

think must choose auspicious date... and it should be a date that is at least good for the female side...

my mum chose the date for me and got a shi fu to confirmed that it's okie. my MIL also got someone to check on the chosen date.

by the way, want to share with all that i have confirmed my BS... it's CHC...

fencnef

hi iluydia..

yeah we did check the tongshu for the date..so dat means u have to book everything times 2 cos ur wedding ceremony and banquet on 2 different days liao?btw r u teochew?

odie

Hi EC... no prob. Anyway that shop is at Blk 631 Bedok Reservoir Road.... its right behind Eunos CC. Not too sure about the price... never really did price comparison. :p

Hi Pageup... can email it to [email protected] thanks.

Hey Poshies... I'm serving wine at the dinner. Maybe you can estimate the percentage of guest who would drink wine and work it around as 1 to 2 glasses per person. I would say that if you get one bottle per table and add a few bottles on, it would be a safe estimate. To avoid wastage (since some of the guests would probably just take a few sips if they don't really drink).. can arrange with the banquet co-ordinator to instruct the waiters/waitresses to pour 1/2 a glass instead of 3/4. Check out the supermarkets like Carrefour, Jason Market or the supermarket underneath Scott Isetan.. they do have a wide selection of wines and relatively cheap. I do know that Carrefour will deliver the wines directly to the dinner venue... so that will save you the hassle of transporting the wines and storing them during the interim.

tsubame

Hi cc2, received the email. Thanks for the info.
happy.gif
Will call them to check. Actually like the Maple Red better, but my HB's shiong di car might be gold, that's why considering gold also. Anyway, must see available or not, and the price they quote.
wink.gif

pageup

Good sunday morning ladies

Poshie, Carrefour was having a wine fair at Plaza Sing during Xmas time. I'm not sure if they are still there.
My restaurant will be giving us 1 bottle of red wine/5 tables. We have also make agreement with the restaurant that we will buy the wine from them in exchange for discount from our upgraded menu.
happy.gif

Dumpling. I think I read that rainy season in Maldive only starts in the 2nd half of the year. April is still a good month. We will be staying at Taj exotica lagoon villa for 5 nights.. that cost us close to S$7000(inclusive of flights and breakfast only). As we will be quite busy with work after Mar, we got not much of the choice but to go immediately after wedding in Feb.
sad.gif

I think you got pretty good price. Sonevagili resort belongs to 6th sense group, which known to have many very luxurious resorts round the world and they are usually more expensive than Banyan tree.

Hey ladies, any idea where to get basket like this?

38791.jpg

My in laws would like to look for one, preferably rental, for guo da li
happy.gif

I have set my photos for public viewing.
http://photos.yahoo.com/sjhm_04

Qing Dou Dou zhi jiao
proud.gif

iluydia

nuf_iuhc

yeah I am teochew, my hubby hokkien.

i think you booked noble house? thought I saw your posting somewhere : )

actually another date better but gotto fetch the bride at 11.30pm and it clashes with my bro so we decided on this date instead...

yeah for actual date photography and make up need to booked x2...

fairymoss

Girlfriend,

want to see your pics leh!! u very eng liao hor, PS also done..now wat else haven't do?

Pianokey,

Err...well I find the OTR not very nice leh. Before I signed up I got go see their OTR and tried some. Most look very old and yellowish, like not dry cleaned like that, some even got the hem torn etc. Must u take their OTR? how about just take pictures with your own BS gowns? How much is your prize worth and what it entitles u to? I find IC's service ok. Photographer look and sound very biz-like when I see him talk to clients. He will tell u straight that this photo not nice, and when u want to enquire about additional stuff, he will just tell u it's $xxx extra then wait for you to reply whether u want or not. When u said u want, he will quickly punch into his big calculator and tell u the total cost straight away. But I haven't talk to him yet, so can't comment much, maybe he's more friendly that he appears to be? But I've seen his works, very good. My girlfriend doesn't like it though, she says too artistic for her. Have u gone to talk to the designers at IC?

girlfriend

hi fairymoss..

yeah too eng till i got sick..

I will b staying at home for 3 days coz I had a tonsils infection. Dunno if I still can go to the photographer's place to choose our PS photos.

Nw looking for cake vendor to make a wedding cake on our AD. DIY table centerpieces.

gerlynn

Hi eternity...

hehe..so we now have the same BS..
happy.gif
we can exchange ideas too...

hi dabee..ic ..think i will ask my MIL abt it...n see if must get an auspicious date..thanks...