(2004) Brides of year 2004

amos_aw

Hello ladies. Sorry for MIA for a bit. Glad to see that the list has grown, and the effective date is being updated. Thank you!
kiss.gif

forest: Must settle everything early, then won't rush like headless chickadees nearer to the AD.

Soupie:When our kids are old enough to watch, it be more like," Aiieeeyer! Why so obiang?!" HAHAHAHAA!

madwomaninattic

Hello there - Not many May 04 brides it seems. But juz like to find out from you girls if it is too early to do studio/outdoor photo shoot in late Jan (after CNY) if the actual day is going to be in May 04? And have your book your wedding banquet liao?

Hiya Keann - I am juz like you... overseas... one exam paper but no mood to study... although its 6 mths away I am concentrating more on my wedding planning...
happy.gif

madwomaninattic

Sorry to barge in again - but as I was reading earlier msgs in the thread - I realise that you're all in CCK/Yew Tee area!! Thats the same as me... all near Unity Primary School area!!

Regarding good food in CCK - check out the foodcourt at Block 78 something (cannot remember the last digit). They have pretty good local food. If you crave good economical dim sum, go to the Chinese restaurant at CCK swimming complex 2nd floor, sometimes wkday got 20%-30% discount.

Allow me to welcome myself into this "family"... haha
happy.gif

keann

Hi Madwoman,
Welcome welcome! Where are you studying? when are you finishing school? I am in melbourne...and just finished my exams...WHEW!Finally..it's a big relief!!!

So you are in CCK too....i can't wait to be back in singapore...probab sometime mid dec....

Are you referring to the CCK sports stadium when u said swimming complex ? I haven't been there much, just play tennis there sometimes....and where is blk 78??near to where??

madwomaninattic

Hello Keann,

Good to know that your exams are over and that you can start to enjoy "pre-bridal bliss". I'm in the UK... finishing this week & can bid UK bye forever. Heh heh!! Oh be back in SG next Tuesday
happy.gif

Yep - the restaurant is at the CCK sports complex. In fact, its only next door to the Gym. I eat there very often whenever I am back in SG.

And the foodcourt is literally behind the Mobil near Yew Tee MRT. But give the chicken chop & fried chicken wings at Yew Tee foodcourt a try - I dunno abt your taste but I think they are the best so far!!

P.S - Have you book your banquet and bridal package yet?

pageup

Hi Xue,

I think your photographer know where the chapel is.

Hi Ocean, I'm using Alan Dai and Eric. But I can't recommend them to you as our weddings fall on the same day
proud.gif

Shall we include the actual day photography and videography to the list?

AD, Venue, Bridal Shop, PS
07th Feb
- Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen & Ted Collection, PS: 2 Oct

15th Feb
- Blue Lake (Merchant Court), Kai Bridal, PS: 12 Dec

21st Feb
- Ocean (88 Restaurant), Paris De Bridal, PS ??
- Pageup (Noble Hse), Everbliss, PS: 18 Oct, AD: Alan dai & Eric
- Amethyst (Venue ??, Amor Meus, PS???)
- Poshies (Peninsular), Camillia, PS: 18 Dec
- Xue (Grassroot club), French Bridal, PS: 5 Dec)

26th Feb
-Clare (venue, BS, PS?)

28th Feb & 1/3
- mee mee (Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image, PS: 12 Oct

29th Feb
- Voice(The Chevrons), White Link, PS: 8 Nov, AD: Kayledoscope.

okay....here's another May04 bride
happy.gif
Sometimes I wonder if I have too much time...I feel like printing the cards (though hotel's probably not ready for me yet), booking the photographer and videographer...but it seems ppl only do that few months in advance...heh.

So what have you all done/not done so far?

I've only booked the hotel and erm, booked the bridal package.
happy.gif

tsubame

Hi!

I'm back, I'm back. Thanx for the encouragement BinBin. I've actually settled the venue and BS b4 I flown off on the 15th like Blim said. My other thread is Looking for 6th Mar Package under Wedding Banquets.

Nice to see 6th Mar so happening
lol.gif
We now numbered 3 in this thread:
Myself
shinchan &
Lynn
With Doris a week after us.

My PS is 10th Dec. Pray it wouldn't rain. Will be taking the outdoors at Rasa Sentosa cos that's my banquet venue. They giving me a suite to take some indoors photos too
biggrin.gif

Will be shopping desperately for shoes this week cos my bridal gown fitting this friday, and one does need the shoes to know the length for the gown...Trial makeup next Thursday.

My BS is Lezen Creations. Really like their gowns, especially as they have quite a nice selection of evening gowns. Can't quite decide on which one yet, but have already chosen the actual wedding gown.

If you're interested Doris, you can check them out under SingaporeBrides Bridal Shops directory. Their basic OTR package is S$2,888.

Now looking for AD photography. I want photojournalistic and found they actually quite x...
lame.gif

wendy_aw

ic

Well...haven't found a job yet so life ain't that great right now. HEheh..very bored. But can't exactly force anyone to hire me so will just have to sit tight and wait.

Actually I don't really come online to check the postings anymore too. Using dial-up here...soooo slow. No patient. Amos on the other hand, he spends more time on the computer, so he still checks it everyday.

How's everything going there? What about your wedding preps?

keann

Madwoman:
Oki...will go try the food when i am back..i didn't know that there's a foodcourt behind mobil...will definately go try it out...
Yes i have booked my reception place..it will be held in Amara hotel..but no bridal package...cos i bought my gown and PS has olediz been taken in Melbourne...so now, it's just getting an evening gown and a tea dress...
I will only be back late Dec...cos will be staying for my graduation ceremony first...then it's back to singapore FOREVER!!!! Have you book your banquet and package?or still sourcing??

DJ:
Welcome welcome...good to hear from more ppl!

poox

hello
had been quiet for the past few days...

gebberra: glad to hear you love her gown too! her package his not that expensive...considering it's very comprehensive..simplicity pkg $4980 incl MTM WG and EG, 1 MTM Men suit, 1 OTR Men suit, hair and makeup, photography (tie up with the popular photographers), Car deco, flowers and corsgages and a OTR KUA or cocktail dress;)glamorous pkg, everything the same just more elaborate gowns
happy.gif

keann: BV is at Delphi Orchard. they do not have OTR gowns
happy.gif

lillian

Hi Doris

J&C is at Riverside Point. There is also a thread on J&C. Look for Cynthia. Their tel. is 65330878.

cheers
lillian

tigger

Hi gals,

Just want to share with those of you whose wedding is on the 7th and holding their banquet on another day.

My photographer doesn't charge for early hour and extra day.

siewyin

Hi all, I'm also planning my wedding in Dec'04. Looking at 17/12/04 at the moment..but I haven't started anything yet(Bridal shop & venue hunting,etc)

Still clueless how I want my wedding to be...in fact if I still can't decide on my wedding venue etc, i'll postphone it to 2005.

Maybe I'll need all your advice here!

Tks!

gerlynn

hi Annie...

so coincidence...
happy.gif
cant believe it man...my bridal is from Camellia Houte couture which happen to tie up with beetle at work..n i like kelvin's works..actual day should be from him too...havenot chosen my gown ...think will start designing in Dec/Jan...may is my pohotoshoot...how abt yours?? really look forward to the foto shoot...hehe...

my hyatt is around 700 + cant remember how much but quite X for a weekday dinner...but bo pian, my FH and I really it..so just go ahead...

dun tink i can go for the classes,...coz it is now my PEak at work...have to work very late everyday...sobz...

but nevermind..we can all share our findings thru this forum...hheee

well...really wonder why 23sept is such a hot day...given that it is a WEEKDAY...

shinchan

Hi gals,

Wow, so many 6th Mar brides...

Cat, u forgot to count Lillian in, she's 6th Mar too..
happy.gif
Similarly, I'm looking for AD photography at the moment, still searching... HB still not very satisified with what he has seen so far... Sigh...
sad.gif

Lynn, I jus went to the shifu to pick a sat date which is after CNY, then he found this date best as doesn't 'chong' wif any of the parents or ourselves...

Blim, howz ur serach for shoes? Have u been to DMK? My fren jus bought a pair from there, price quite reasonable...

tsubame

Opps, forgot Lilian
embarrassed.gif
Thanx shinchan.

Hi Lynn, my date was chosen by my MIL. She went to a shifu with all our 'ba zhi'. So supposedly this date don't 'chong' with any of us as shinchan said.

Just ka poh, for all the 6th Mar brides, which are your banquet venues & BS? And maybe your PS and AD photographer too? Like to compile...
happy.gif

Myself -
Venue: Rasa Sentosa
BS: Lezen Creations
PS: Linn Kong
AD: searching...

Lilian -
BS: J&C

Hi Doris, I checked out J&C too b4 settling on Lezen. Their service very friendly, was served by Cynthia too. However, was reserved as the gown they told me was new (you pay more for a new-'no one worn b4' gown) was slightly dirty at the helm and even saw a small tear. Cynthia said it was due to the model who worn it for the roadshow and photoshot. You may like to watch out for this. Else as their thread reveals, their review quite good.

amos_aw

<font color="ff0000">Newbies, please read.</font>

Ok. Here's what we'll do. For those who don't mind letting everyone know when your AD is, just copy and paste this list into your reply box, and add your details to it. We'd like your photographer/bridal shop etc.,dinner venue,solemnization venue and the area which you currently live in or will live in, IF APPLICABLE. Input whatever you feel is relevant towards helping someone else out. THAT IS WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR!
bounce.gif

Do keep the same format please, and make sure to copy and paste the most recent revision. Thanks
happy.gif
. Don't worry about any screwups, i'll fix them as they come. I've saved the original encoding.

We'll just keep this running till everyone's in it. Then anyone who would like a copy, just copy and paste it in MSWord or something. Here we go. Just copy and paste everything after this<font face="symbol">®</font>

<font color="ff0000">Weddings in 2004</font> <font color="119911">(EFFECTIVE Tuesday November 25, 2003 – 11:43pm)</font>

<font color="0000ff">JANUARY</font>
3rd – yoyo (Sophia Wedding, Park Royal Plaza, Bishan)
3rd – Bonjon (Thomson Wedding Design, The Chervons, Jurong West)
7th – Cin_p (Universal, Grand Copthorne Waterfront, Sengkang)
7th – ino (Everbliss, Hotel Inter-Continental, West Coast)

<font color="0000ff">FEBRUARY</font>
21st – xue (Grassroot’s Club)

<font color="0000ff">MARCH</font>
20th – BinBin (Divine Couture, Conrad, Bukit Panjang)

<font color="0000ff">APRIL</font>
2nd – Amos &amp; Wendy (Chijmes Hall, Conrad, Pasir Ris)
24th – Ang Bee Kah (Milan Wedding, Grand Court Vegetarian @ Orchard, Bukit Gombak)

<font color="0000ff">MAY</font>
22nd – DJ (Flamingo, GCW)

<font color="0000ff">JUNE</font>
5th – Bread (Silverlining, Wang Jiang Lou, Aljunied)
20th – Fairymoss (Irene’s Creation, Sheraton Towers, Bishan)

<font color="0000ff">JULY</font>

<font color="0000ff">AUGUST</font>

<font color="0000ff">SEPTEMBER</font>
26th – Ralphine (Wedding News, Sheraton Towers, Sengkang)
28th – kokopooh (BV, Sheraton Towers)

<font color="0000ff">OCTOBER</font>
1st – Secretgarden (Conrad)
2nd – happybride (JLC, *no banquet*, Dover))
4th – Ivory (Popular Honeymoon, Hyatt, CCK)
30th – Michellekoh (GHA, Carlton, Serangoon North)

<font color="0000ff">NOVEMBER</font>
14th – Taurus (Whitelink, Pan Pacific, Punggol)
21st – Seabreeze (White Link, Sheraton Towers, Bishan) *Banquet on 24th Nov.
26th – RoChEr (Marriot)

<font color="0000ff">DECEMBER</font>
2nd – Winterhakone (BV, Fullerton, Punggol)
3rd – smallonion (everbliss, Concord Hotel)
5th – Twinkleglint (Whitelink, Pan Pacific, Woodlands)
11th – Michelle Teo (Santiago, M Hotel, Punggol)
12th – Velooi (JB BS, Orient Ocean, Woodlands)
16th – Soupie (JLC, Trader’s Hotel, Bedok/Punggol)
19th – Doremon (Santiago, *no banquet*, Sengkang)
19th – Trisha (Swissotel)

babysheep22

Hey ladies,

Me here feeling super sian ah. Pre-work blues... sigh... back to busy busy again.

Finally one day pass without an argument with the hubby over the house. Today was such a peaceful day!!

Ivory, Orosalind, kk,
My hubby also has a fascination with the TV. He wants to buy a projection TV for our new house!! He says it will be the greatest relaxation for him to be able to stone in front of the computer. He can sit there and stuck on the sofa for hours like statue ok....no joke.

eighteight

Hi Madwoman

My traditiona also on May 04...

l will be having my first photo session at 31st Jan 04 and my second session at 7th Feb 04 ...

Think its a bit early too but on second thought if its not nicely taken, at least have time to retake ...
happy.gif

happybride

hi Twinkleglint and all
Thx for the concern, everything is settled now.

Anyone knows if the poor lady is ok now (the one who complainted n ILs found out)

happybride

Hi all,
I'm back I'm back
wow, i onli off for a few days now i can't catch up... hahaaa

Hi ivory,
lets all start together after CNY, then we see who is faster..
happy.gif

Hi secret,
No problem about them, I went takashimaya on Saturday, i saw nice ring pillows, satin ones u may want to try ur luck there too

Hi orosalind,
I am glad I found u guys too... make myu working hours pass faster

Hi babysheep22,
welcome welcome

Hi kk
I join into ur shake legs group liao, but it's sad to see the fats swing...

poshies

WOW.... 10 of us on Feb....

Hi Xue,
My hubby also use the Tong Shu to select the date.. Well not working on Monday ... coz need to clear my leave.... too many days left.... back in office today.... sign~ after 4 days of leave.. don feel like working....

Yup .... I also haven't confirm my AD photographer... tight budget concern..... any one got cheaper and good one to recommend?

orosalind

Hi Chenoa,

There are also some advantages in staying with his parents so dun feel too bad abt that. One main advantage is no nid to spend too much $$ and so can go further places for honeymoon. Like my case, dun even know got enuf for honeymoon or not. Me not planning at the moment. After banquet got some $$$ left then start to plan.
happy.gif

Hi babysheep22,

Projection TV ah... Shiok leh. Even though I'm not a "fan of TV", I oso very keen on buying a good TV. Of so many items at home, I rather spend more on TV and save on other items.
happy.gif

Hi happybride,

Welcome into the shake legs group. hahahaha, me oso just join KK and Ivory this week.
happy.gif

madwomaninattic

Keann - I am still sourcing around for a "no wedding gown" package becos I am going to order a custom-made wedding gown from HK, but problem is -cannot see the work in progress so abit apprehensive also. But will tailor make 1 or 2 cheongsam and no evening gown.

Hi Elaine - finally relieve to know someone getting married around that time cos' I thot most eldery "pan dang" and dun like the 3rd mth cos' they assume its chinese ching ming. I also plan to take photo session in Jan after CNY cos' my husband will only be back then for 3 wks then back to Shanghai again.

Hi Hi Poox - I think you are the same Poox who gave me some pointers in the other thread
happy.gif
Cheers!!

madwomaninattic

Hello DJ,

You are so gan cheong ah? But good also cos' you dun get stress later. As for me I am trying to "disguise" my eagerness so that I dun look as if I cannot wait to get married off like that
happy.gif
Heehee!!

You book your wedding banquet already? Can I kaypoh and ask where?

blueberry

Hi Orosalind,

Me already staying in. There is bound to have a lot of disagreement.. esp over tv... so we got our TV schedules..
My email : [email protected]
Thanks!!

Hi Chenoa,

At least you save on housing. Now renovation very x.. Opps.. you forgot to add - love your husband, love his fishes too :p If my hubby either rear fishes, I will threaten to steam it for dinner.. I hate fishes. very fishy smell..

Hi Babysheep22,

My hubby also, esp weekend, the eyes can glue on TV. It's either the TV or the laptop.. All square boxes... wonder why...

Hi Happybride,

Welcome. but dun shake too much, dun know skin will sagged or not.
Me start exercising now....

Will let you gals know when is the next wine fair if I come across...
happy.gif

piggygal17

Hi Gals,

Thx for all the advices !! I when to both J&amp;C and J&amp;M, but eventually chose J&amp;M. They are more negoitable and flexiable in their package. And due to the lack of time, I already have my trial makeup date fixed early next mth, and my PS 2weeks after that. Very impressed with their services
happy.gif

Wah...I noticed that the popular months are Oct-Jan. No wonder I didn't have any problems finding a hotel in May!

Ya, we're having problems finding some place suitable to stay in future...haven't found anything yet. It's either we dun like the location, or the layout. Mostly the location though...heh. How did everyone manage to find something they like to live in? WIS/BTO/Balloting?

Cin_p: let me know how things go at CGW, okay? :D Need feedback to be prepared...hee.

Think this is a fine thread...
happy.gif

dora

Wow

Suddenly this thread is so active
happy.gif

Madwoman

Wow another CCK May bride
happy.gif

I'm also going for photoshoot late Jan or early Feb
happy.gif

happybride

Hi kk,
I wanted to wait till end CNY, then start so that i dont have to jian fei 2 times, now and after CNY, BUT BS just told me to get ready for MTM gown after CNY... so i need to start now too : (

hi orosalind
i need to start jian fei liao

ya...22May...actually can check it out at this thread in Anything Under the Sun, 2004 Weddings or something like that...there's this list of wedding dates, and where ppl are holding their banquets...I booked mine at Grand Copthorne Waterfront.
happy.gif

I'm task oriented...then I'm not working also...so very free. hahha! In terms of kan cheong...not very, just a habit to finish my work fast. Anyway, I haven't found any place to live in yet, so at least if I find one at a later date, hopefully, I can be freed of the wedding stuff.

Actually wat kind of package are you looking for w/o gowns? You could easily just go for the photography package and get a florist to do your cars and bouquets...dun think there's anything else, right? Oh ya, make up and hairstyling...

All these really depends on your taste, right? Find a photographer first lor...I think it's nice if the person who does the photoshoot also do the actual day photography...maybe they have contacts for make up and hair style. Maybe Irene's Creation can do the photos for you w/o the gowns? We kind of like their photos...

It's overwhelming - the info out there...
happy.gif
Press on!

madwomaninattic

DJ - Problem is I live in the west (CCK) and most places ppl recommend all the in the East. I damn lazy to travel. Then all those bridal shops at IMM look so "Taiwanese". Found some photographers but they damn exxx!! No bridal car also problem cos' I have to rent myself. Dunno expensive anot. Like alot of things to consider and do like that.

Many ppl book GCW for wedding dinner. Looks like the new and upcoming place for wedding!! I have book Marina Mandarin for AD already and will go down bargain for freebies and pay deposit when I am back in Singapore next week. So wish me luck
happy.gif

Hi Dora - So coincidental most May 2004 brides here all CCK area
happy.gif
And many of your doing photo session in Jan 2004 so I can now relax cos' I thot I will appear super kiasu to do 4 mths beforehand.

fairy

Hi all,

My wedding will be on the 18 Dec.
happy.gif

Hi Weddingmoods,

Jawn is located at Orchard Meridien.

The photographers that they tie up with includes vividshots, Linn Kong, O studio, Andrew Tay, and Leonard (Tan Yoong advertisement) but you can opt for the without photography packages too if you don't like their photographers but definitely they will be able to give you very different looks for the day.

orosalind

Hi KK,

Ya hor, shld learn fm u leh. TV schedule, fair and sq, each got their own timings.
happy.gif

Btw, I think reno nowadays not as expensive as compared to few yrs ago liao. Maybe bcos economy not doing well. But still, reno is a major expense lah.

Guys like to glue their eyes on the TV or PC, is it bcos they dun like shopping so not much entertainment left ah??????

Btw, I have just sent the contact details to you. Say u recommended by me so he can give u beta price.

Hi happybride,

Ya hor, if u nid to fit into ur MTM gown b4 CNY, beta start now leh. If not, the measurement not accurate. Then after CNY u go for fitting again, u will realise the gown a bit too lose ah. So beta go in shou shou figure now and try to maintain till ur AD lah. Plus and minus a bit is ok but not too much lor.
happy.gif

happybride

hi orosalind,
u misundersatand i doing my MTM after CYN, sikali by the time the gown is done i slim liao, the designer will kill me, cos he need to do alot of alterations. May suggest to him to use valcro tape... hahaaa.
plus and minus is not ok , u know the gown will have alot of needle holes hahaaaa

blim

Hi Gals...
Wow... apart from Doris (13th March 2004) and myself (21st March 2004), everyone else's AD is 6th March 2004???!! Amazing...
Mine's also according to ba1 zi4. By the way, anyone knows what does the 8-characters refer to? Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute... what else?

Shinchan.. yippee!... finally got my shoes over the weekend, just in the nick of time for my gown fitting. Got them from Heatwave at International Plaza. Good value for money. I've given up trying to get a pair of shoes that'd match both my WG and WG. Ended up with 2 pairs instead... white and gold. I spent more than 2 hours sitting at Leaping Lizard trying to come up with the appropriate design and colour for my WG and EG. In the end, still cannot visualize the shoes. I guess I'm really not a designer... not even remotely close...

My poor complexion showed up during the trial make-up. My make-up artist suggested I try SKII mask which is pretty expensive. Anyone tried that stuff before?

amethyst

hi ladies!
back to work, feels like monday leh.
my venue is Intercon, PS - likely after Christmas, cos' gown not ready! haven't found photographer yet. can someone help to update? thanks!

cyn

DJ... ok.. will definitely let u know more... so far so good. except for one, din expect gcw to launch 2 smaller ballrooms.. so i'm not the only bride. =( btw, who's ur coordinator?

amethyst

hi ladies!
back to work, feels like monday leh.
my venue is Intercon, PS - likely after Christmas, cos' gown not ready! haven't found photographer yet. can someone help to update? thanks!

orosalind

Hi Happybride,

Oic, so that means u must start now and then maintain till ur AD lah. Dun slim too much or put on too much after u MTM. Huh, plus and minus a bit oso not ok ah??? Me no confident can maintian like that for long. I think I must go back to my exercise session again. I feel a bit heavy ever since I stop, dunno if it's xin li zhuo yong...

voice_0229

Hi Poshie &amp; Amethyst,

If you gals are looking for AD photographer, I can recommend Kalyedoscope. They're featured in this month main page and also there's a thread in the forum. I have signed up with them for AD photography. I should say for their reasonably priced package, their portfolio are pretty good, which I have seen it in soft copy. I have opt for digital photography versa film.
happy.gif