bounce.gif

AD: 8 Feb 04
Venue: Fullerton
BS: Silhouette
PS: Kim, Studio D'fia on 24 Nov
AD Photographer: Albert, Everafter

poupie

hello,
new to this thread. yap notice 6-mar very popular. was my choice too...

hi doris,
i am also a J&M bride ... welcome...
happy.gif

amos_aw

Trace: Welcome to the thread!
happy.gif
Nobody's wedding is on that specific date yet.

Winterhakone: No problem. Just let me know of any changes, or you can update it yourself. Either works.
happy.gif

amos_aw

HARLOW!
happy.gif

Hey Lin! How's everything. Just noticed that Wendy posted here. Thought i might as well drop by. I'm not a hardcore Internet freak, just that i have a cable connection so i don't have to dial-up.

I think we're probably the only jobless couple getting married. Hehe.
biggrin.gif

Hey everyone! I'm Amos, the resident groom in the 2004 thread.
bounce.gif
Wedding on April 2nd with Wendy. Here's what we've done so far:

Wedding venue: Chijmes
Dinner venue: Conrad
Photo/Video: Moo Media
Flowers: (?) Can't remember, but it's Wendy's make-up artist. Hehe.
Printing: Hotel recommended. Also cannot remember. I'll ask Wendy about it.
Wedding gown: Wendy's auntie, mtm.
Evening gown: Wendy's auntie, mtm.
My suit: Mun Onn tailor. DAMN SOLID KAY! From JB. LOL!
lol.gif
mtm.

Errrrr...i think that's about it. Lemme know if you think there's anything else. Thanks!
crazy.gif

madwomaninattic

Woohoo!!! This place is alive while I am asleep!!!
rofl.gif

DJ - I am settling in Shanghai as housewife I think unless my husband sacrifices and stay in Singapore with me for my teaching ricebowl.

Can join your to meet & see Yew Kwang's portfolio ahhh? So long your dun mind I okay one. I also considering Raymond from D'Nuptials since he does PS as well so maybe can ask for discount for a comprehensive package as well.

But make-up & hairstyle problem. I am not letting my hair down cos' I won't have EG. Mum say "bun" goes well with cheongsam so meaning I will "bun" up my hair both day + nite. So I think the makeup person "tan dio" do such easy hairstyle and yet take my $$$ My ROM make-up so wayang and I dun want to end up so wayang this time...

Gerbbera - Sollie Sollie Paiseh Paiseh... mix up with Miss Pebbles I think. Bugis... Hmm... I damn lazy to travel one... And I so fleshy sure cannot all the OTR gowns one... So ordering from internet but as mentioned earlier still apprehensive...

Keann - Its impt to get back the negatives nowadays I think. I also want something that get back all my originals in CD-Rom so dun need to scan and send to ppl. Click click click then send can liaozzz...
lol.gif

Good & safe to know Marina Mandarin is okay *Phew* Had hard time compromising btw MIL, mum, me and husband leh...

Need to run for a champagne party. My phone's ringing non-stop. Byeeeeeeeee & have fun you girls!!!!!!!

poshies

Ok, Updates again!!
AD, Venue, Bridal Shop, PS (Photographer), AD Photographer
07th Feb
- Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen & Ted Collection, PS: 2 Oct (Andrew, The Edge), AD??

08th Feb
- Odie (Fullerton), Silhouette, PS: 24 Nov (Kim, Studio D'fia), AD - Albert(Everafter)

15th Feb
- Blue Lake (Merchant Court), Kai Bridal, PS: 12 Dec (Chris Ling), AD - KC (Greymatter)

21st Feb
- Ocean (88 Restaurant), Paris De Bridal, PS 7 Nov, AD - Photo: Still searching
- Pageup (Noble House), Everbliss, PS: 18 Oct, AD: Alan Dai & Eric
- Amethyst (Intercon), Amor Meus, PS??? AD??
- Poshies (Peninsular), Camillia, PS: 18 Dec (Kelvin - Beetle @ work), AD - Photo: Still searching
- Xue (Grassroot club), French Bridal, PS: 5 Dec, AD - ??

26th Feb
-Clare (venue, BS, PS?)

28th Feb & 1/3
- Mee mee (Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image, PS: 12 Oct, AD - Qinzhong (Greymatter)

29th Feb
- Voice (The Chevrons), White Link, PS: 8 Nov, AD: Kayledoscope

hoshi5

Hi Mocha,
My original package came up to 28 12x15 pictures.
I topped-up another 2K to get a total of 70+ photos magazine style album, size 12x18.

Hv u also signed up with WL?

rabbitwsk

Good morning every1,
Happybride, I am taking Positirim from Amway. Quite gd cos I loss about 5kg in 4mths and mtaintaining. Now I take on n off to maintain my weight and I kinda like the taste la...

This is why I encourage Ivory to focus on her meal repl too. Persist will succeed!

U on Cambridge las time... not taste nice right? I got friends joining me for Positrim cos it taste better. We are chocolate lover...hee...

U wanna try again on meal repl? And w exercise, u will reach ur goal sooner
happy.gif

Cheers to a cool day...

mochamel

HI gal,

Mine original is 22pcs 12x15. I added 5more only. I still feel abit heartache to add more.

I am thinking of getting $15/btl of red wine.
is this okie? too cheap?? as i saw in Carrefour that there is Mathew Lang at <$14.
But wondering is it sutiable for chinese dinner ??
any advise?? or contacts??

what cakes are you getting?? I am thinking of Choz which is at $9.80, after seeing colleagues using them for their children 1-mth celebrations.
Any other choices ??

dora

Wow

You gals are really very hardworking hor... me left uni for a few years already, if you ask me to go back and study, will have to think very very hard, cos lazy liao
lame.gif

Madwoman

I'm also quite big sized..... You want to try my BS? Its not anything "famous".... Its Fame Bridal at Yishun. I signed it up mainly because I like the style of the photographer. The gowns are quite nice too.... Although I couldn't fit in all the OTR, at least I manage to fit into a number of them, some are even too big for me... But one thing, when my FH suggested that I go on diet, they keep re-assuring me its ok, no need to go on diet
happy.gif
heh heh.... the ladyboss even scolded him for it
lol.gif
The service is quite good cos I changed like over 20 WG
crazy.gif
... If you want the details, leave your e-mail and I can send it to you.

So envy you gals.... can go melbourne and cambridge to do PS...
happy.gif

happybride

hi rabbit,
i got a lot of old stubbon fats, so need to remove them too, hopefully by jun (cos PS) so i guess meal replacement n excerise n slimming gel will be faster. like gong fu movies 3 swordsmen against 1 bad man... hahaaaa

fairy

Hi Buffy,

My friend wedding also falls on 30 Dec, but it is this year
happy.gif

Meixia,

Your information really sound useful. By the way which bridal shop are you with?

Weddingmood,

I mean their gowns are very beautiful and different from other bridal shop. Gowns that will really make you stand out from the rest.
happy.gif
I don't think they have a website yet.

Their MTM package without photography is $2888.00 but they will be having a change of price by the end of the year so if you are interested. better book and confirm by this year.
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Hahaha... dun over do lei! The body may not able to take it!

i saw ur posting in another thread about taking slimming pills. Not encourage lei cos u dun know the source and reliability. Remember earlier this year that a string of 'long time' brand in Singapore got ban because it is distributed by Pan Pharmacutical... scary!

But I know if u persist u will succeed cos that's the only winning formular. U can do it!

Cheers.

happybride

hi rabbit,
thx i know, so i stop after deciding to get married, and i am oso having 2nd thoughts on meal replacement...
only doing some excerise n using slimming gel now... dont dare to put things into my mouth liao

hoshi5

Agree lor, the pics are real expensive!
But I took up more coz it's really once-in-a-lifetime tat u r that pretty... AD photos may not even turn up tat nice, as it captures more on the emotions and events.

My FIL bought all the wines already. coz most of the guests are his friends lor... so, not sure abt the wines.

Heard of choz, think not bad... the 9.80 is the small tarts one issit?
Actually I'm thinking of going 2 bengawan solo to get the vouchers so my relatives can pick up the cake anytime... wat do u think?

orosalind

Hi gals, I'm back. Was on 1/2 day leave yest and wow, so many postings liao....
happy.gif

Hi happybride,

Ya, if they have a few make-up artist to choose fm, tell them who u prefer. Like my case, I oredi booked the make-up artist who did my ROM make-up cos all my frens and I like her work v much.
happy.gif

Eh, you keep saying cant eat CNY goodies liao. U put on wt easily is it? Then u must be more hardworking liao so that u can still be addicted to those goodies lah.
happy.gif

Ivory,

Aiyo, I tot how come u MIA again. No wonder lah, so good, start work later than most of us here. What nitemare??? Nitemare of wedding? I always have nitemare that my wedding turned out to be disastrous leh. Choy!!!!!!

Ya, promise abt the invitation to my house.
happy.gif

Me almost like u. I went for interview before exam and start work immediately after I got my diploma. Then work for 1/2 yr start my degree program so have not been on tour since then till now. So cham rite??????

How do I lend the skiing machine to you? V big ah..... Hahahahaaa.....

Chenoa,

Me oso thinking of taking lesson leh. For adults, I think u have to form ur own grp then book and instructor. Not like those classes for kids.

happybride

hi orosalind,
good to have u back, I don’t know who is my makeup artistic yet, I will see him/her on my ROM (this sat)... : )
if ok then i will take him/her
I always put on weight during CNY, just sit /lie in front of TV and keep eating… hahaaa.

tsubame

Hi,
Current Mar04 Brides AD as follows:
6th Cat/Lilian/Lynn/poupie/shinchan
11th CC2/jamci
13th Doris
20th binbin
21st blim
Did I miss anyone?

shinchan, saw your enquiry to Sok Eng for AD. I had asked her too, and she replied then that she already have 2 enquiries &amp; 1 tentative booking.
lame.gif
Izzit any of the 6th Mar ladies here?
happy.gif

I actually wanted The Edge but booked already. Then my first choice was Sok Eng. Now look like have to source further...

Any of you getting videography for AD? Am thinking that an Express Highlight of the day events will be very nice to show during the banquet. But this is starting to stretch my budget a bit thin...
lame.gif

orosalind

Hi Happybride,

Congrats!!!! Excited abt it or still not excited? You gg to have ur solemnisation in ROM itself? Must share ur photos with us ah....
happy.gif

Nvm lah, eat more, exercise more. hahahahaha....

Btw, have u tried the Fancl slimming gel? My fren said it's good (she has used for 1 month liao). Her frens commented that her arm esp slim down liao.
happy.gif

happybride

Hi orosalind,
so excited over it, will be having it at ROM itself, followed by a lunch reception at Grand Plaza Parkroyal... : )
FH n I prepared solemnization favours too, candles... (i tie ribbons on candles while FH prepared the paper boxes)
i DIYed the ring pillow too, ok will post the photos... : )

I am using YSL Ligne Pure now, hopefully it works. And excerise too, of course.

binbin

hi a warm welcome to the newcomers!
happy.gif
36574.gif

cat, welcome back.
happy.gif

blim, like what cc2 said, my wedding date is 20 march. jamci and cc2 is 11 march...hehhee..
happy.gif
think we have quite a variety. as to your question about eight characters, these EIGHT characters does NOT refer to your time, date, hour min like u said. the EIGHT characters are EIGHT CHINESE characters that forms the person you are. these 8 chinese characters are decided by the year, date, hour, minute of your birth, and each of the characters has a meaning. i dun remember what are mine. but it was written down and given to me when we go calculate the dates.
happy.gif

u said ur complexion not good? have u tried good and dependable facials before? just to share with you, Karen Goh from Devotion (the beauty consultant invited to the SG forum) literally saved my face.
happy.gif
really love her for that. before i see her, i have lumps in my skin that was caused by in experenced beauticians squeezing my face. these bumps can't be seen, but can be felt when u touch. she healed it within 3 treatments. and a patch of my skin was very hurt by 3 AHA treatments last time. Karen healed that for me too.....i was really grateful.... perhaps u can consider talking to her abt this, and try her facials. i really love the effect. i dun dare to try SKII as many of my friends tried, initial effect was quite okie, but later their skin peeled.

hey girls shall we have a compilation? hhehhehe coz we keep forgetting our details...we did it last time but lost it liao. hehehhee...

Lilian, Cat,shinchan,Lynn - 6 March
Jamci, cc2 - 11 March
Doris - 13 March
Binbin - 20 March
blim - 21 March

shinchan when is urs again??? sorry sorry me blur liao...

binbin

hi cat hehhehee think we both did the compilaton at the same time. hi ladies, wanna add in more details like Wedding venue, church, BS into the list? more details that way.

Wah...so much to read :p

Geberra: my BS is Flamingo. Like the personality of the designer. Haha. After going through a few BS, just find that they are more or less similar...(I have no eye for detail), so wat works is if I like the designer!
lame.gif

Keann: I'll be looking at some photographers in the next two weeks, if can't find anyone I like, I'll let you know...
happy.gif
Now I'm trying to find someone who does animation.

Moomedia and Stefine has that along w their package. But if we do the photography and videography seperate, we'll probably need to find our own way with the animation....unless I buy a book and figure out how to do it myself!
crazy.gif

Madwoman: shouldn't be a problem to meet yew kwang w us
happy.gif
I'll be meeting berry happy (@1pm) &amp; yew kwang (@6pm) next thurs. if you're interested in either, let me know. I'll give you the 'undisclosed' location.
wink.gif

Haha, the usual answer to that is, depends on wat you're looking for
lame.gif

i've done my walkthrough already...and find that most shops offer pretty similar stuff...a wedding gown is a wedding gown...any simple white gown will look good on the bride.
happy.gif
So, how much are you will to spend on this?

Personally, if we were willing to spend $7kplus, we'd have gone for Irene's Creation (we like the photos). But a better honeymoon and possible renovations made us trim our BS budget.

Those ard the $3K - $5K range...well, if professionalism (the straight back, enounciate every word, etc) type is your style, Silhoutte at Stamford House is pretty good. We found J&amp;M and Julia along Tras pushy...so we didn't want to them. But read/heard J&amp;M has pretty economical packages...Julia - you gotta speak Mandarin. Dang's not bad...would've has chosen them...but somehow I'm not comfy with Dang...think she has too much experience (which can be good and bad...*ahem*). Lastly, we chose Flamingo, simply becos i'm comfy with the designer...she can sketch...and she listens to wat i want.
lol.gif

So depends on you lor...read a few threads in the BS forum...the brides to be at those forums would give a better indication...since they are using those BS.
happy.gif

blurq

hi everyone,
I was on leave...super long wkend...juz came back today.
happy.gif

hi happybride,
Congrats on ur ROM. So sweet of u to do favours for the guests...muz show me photos too..
happy.gif

hi orosalind,
Remember to invite me to your hse too..i like to visit pple's hse..Btw, where is your new hse??

What's the latest topic?? on slimming ah..I also eat n eat during CYN...can't help leh..:p

cc2

Hi Cat,

I'm having videpgraphy and express highlights on AD. My hb says it's worth the $$ cos it being shown to more than 350 guests. Whereas the photos will only be shown to ur frens and relatives after ur wedding when u meet them for gathering.
happy.gif

happybride

hi blurq
thx, i aet n eat too, super sian next CNY, cos need to MTM after CNY
must use mental power again... hahaaa
see no touch the goodies.

orosalind

Hi Happybride,

Wow, u 2 really v hardworking. For us, just a simple steamboat buffet after solemnisation. Just family members oni. We actually wanted to do catering and invite frens but too bad, both of us got lesson in the evening. Imagine, I even wear my make-up and hair-do to class.

orosalind

heehee, no choice, I oso not that hardworking but in this ctry, paper counts so study for the sake of study lor. Hahahahaa...

Notice the thread is quiet tdy hor?

blurq

hi orosalind,

wow...u still got the mood to go to school after ur solemnisation...pei fu, pei fu...
happy.gif
why dun u skip lesson, super hardworking leh..
happy.gif

Hehe, I haven't been there...was to lazy...thought going through the Tg Pagar area was good enough.
happy.gif
And that was before I knew about singaporebrides.com so you have headstart, can read first before going...
happy.gif

orosalind

Hi blurq,

Bcos me not hardworking so must be super KS lor. I oso dun feel like attending class but scared leh cos I dun revise my work consistantly. Oni exam period then I will take out all my books to study so dun want to miss lesson lor.
happy.gif

Yeahhhhh, weekend coming soon.....

poupie

hi cat,
sorry if i mislead you girls, actually my AD is 11-Mar (but my first choice is 6-mar)...

i booked my videographer oredi.. you may want to try him, Earnest Video, found his price very reasonable and his work is not bad too.

tigger

I think the voucher would be a good idea when you decide to visit your relatives (to give out the wedding cards) over several days. Cause the cakes can't be kept over a few days and imagine the hassle of going to buy the cakes several times.

blurq

hmm..ya lor..where are the rest?? Actually i am a bit blur abt the brides here? Shall we set up a yahoo grp, so that we know each other particulars?

happybride

hi blurq
i can do it if u tell me how, super bored at work
and the thread so quiet... *yawn*
sleep whole day tmr, heheee, if not my dark eye rings dun go away

ivory

rabbit,
how much is Amway’s meal replacement ah?

kekeke… rep 1 more meal replacement oso no use one lah.. cos I everyday eat very little, ¼ bowl of rice n veggies + meat at times oni.. been eating like this since Sec sch days.. then I got exercise 2-3x a week, each time abt 2-3 hrs.. really those sweat like hell kind.. but never lose weight
happy.gif

how to persist? I dun eat oso can put on weight lah.. *grin*

Chenoa,
ah… me oso cant swim…
happy.gif

happybride,
y u stop taking Cambridge leh? no effect ah?

hmm…. we got the same CNY symptoms…. sittin in front of TV n snack n do nothing.. 2 days CNY holiday more than enuf to do a lot of damages so much so that we spend the rest of 1 yr dieting.. oni to put the fats back on the following CNY.. hahahhahaha…

orosalind,
so good ah… u on leave yesterday ah… no wonder I din see u here lah…

I not start work late… but this week all the mornings I go another office then afternoon then come back here mah… the other office I cant access to internet… very cham…

some crazy nitemares lah… not abt wedding though
happy.gif
told my hubby abt the nitemare n the oni comment he has is I must be too eng liao, that’s y brain starts to go haywire with stupid imaginations
proud.gif

I waiting for ur house warming invitation har…

wah… u same as me ah… so kor miah… then u take a long long break after ur wedding lor…
happy.gif
it’s a well deserved break wat…

aiyo… how big is big.. seriously.. I really interested to borrow the machine from u… if u really not using n dun mind lah….

ur fren used the Fancl got effect ah? dat day I walk by.. really tempted to buy…

shinchan

Blim, so u have found ur shoes finally...
bounce.gif
What's the colour of ur EG? Champagn gold izzit? I have 3 pairs of shoes, white one for WG, open-toe sliver pair for kua &amp; a sand-coloured pair for my EG... heehee... so kua zhang rite!

BinBin, u r so cute. U wrote my nick under 6 Mar, then u ask me when's mine????
crazy.gif

BinBin &amp; Cat, my details as follow:
Big Day - 6 Mar
BS - Bridal Zone
Venue - Meritus Mandarin
AD - Still searching....
PS - 19 Dec

Cat, so u have ask b4 liao... Then I think I no chance liao lor.. hahaha... Anyway, she din send me anything yet...