(2004) Brides of year 2004

happybride

hi orosalind,
i still thought i can feast a bit during the holiday seasons... : (
I was so happy when the date choosen for AD is in Oct.... there goes my fooooood

I think a bit plus minus is ok la... was just joking with u

What excerise do u do?

gebbera

Hi Keann,
Yup... Bridal Veil is at Delphi Orchard. You may want to visit the shop and take a look at her glamorous gowns.....(if you wan the address, i can check it out for you)
happy.gif

Poox,
BV packages ranges from the lowest $3888 to $8888. Your package seems quite similar to mine... but more expensive.... Mmm... believes it's the quality that counts....
happy.gif

Welcome Madwoman and DJ..... cheers all May2004 brides-to-be......

Madwoman,
when is your Actual Wedding Day?
I'm also having my photo shooting in early Feb. Ohhh.... So excited now.....

oceans

Ok, Updates again!!
biggrin.gif

<font size="+2"><u><font color="0000ff">AD, Venue, Bridal Shop, PS, Photographer</font></u></font>
<font color="0077aa">07th Feb
- Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen &amp; Ted Collection, PS: 2 Oct

15th Feb
- Blue Lake (Merchant Court), Kai Bridal, PS: 12 Dec

21st Feb
- Ocean (88 Restaurant), Paris De Bridal, PS 7 Nov, Photo: Still searching
lame.gif

- Pageup (Noble Hse), Everbliss, PS: 18 Oct, AD: Alan dai &amp; Eric
- Amethyst (Intercon), Amor Meus, PS???
- Poshies (Peninsular), Camillia, PS: 18 Dec, Photo: Still searching
- Xue (Grassroot club), French Bridal, PS: 5 Dec

26th Feb
-Clare (venue, BS, PS?)

28th Feb &amp; 1/3
- mee mee (Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image, PS: 12 Oct

29th Feb
- Voice(The Chevrons), White Link, PS: 8 Nov, AD: Kayledoscope.</font>

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies

Hope that everyone feels good after an extra day break
happy.gif

Happy bride, me like you MTM will be in Feb. I still hope to loss a few kg so tt look better when photo taking. Hopefully, CNY is not a hinter to tt ... u know the goodies la...

Orosalind, must exercise no matter how busy you are... will put on slowly if u to stop suddenly. Do brisk walking also good. Due to my biz, i am going Yoga less often in the wkdays... thus i walked down stair instead of taking lift everyday from 8th storey. I think it helps! Dun give up exercise, if not for slimming but health... health is wealth mah!

Hey, I also spend on a good TV cos i have heard too much of the other brands. would recommend Sony or Pana if ur bgt permit. Projector will be Toshiba.

Cheers
happy.gif

oceans

Xue, the chapel in Sentosa is near the Orchid Garden.
happy.gif

Poshies, ur hubby noe how to see Tong Shu???
uhoh.gif
My date was selected last year'02 after my ROM. FMIL said this year not gd for wedding for both of us, and then happily told my hubby the date is <font color="ff0000">21/02/04</font>, Saturday}!! No other dates were given!!
talker.gif

Imagine, after that, she forgotten abt this...
lame.gif
Oh yap, ever open in 4D before, but nobody remember to buy the date... Wasted...

ya, they have a few ballrooms, right? just signed up but can't remember now...

my coordinator is adeline. who's yours? have you done your cards yet? who's the other printer other then T Dragon? I have to print cards for other things too (church wedding and dinner in M'sia) just wondering what's the cheapest way to do it...and must have some standard also lah. hehe...

wah...all of you having your photoshoot so early! mine's in March!

Where are the rest of you having your dinner? and who's doing your photos? Hehe, not a bad thing to be behind the curve, get to learn from everyone else! ;)

ya, bargain girl! Heh, we concluded that the coordinator can give a lot of things, but it's up to you to ask for it...cos they won't offer!
happy.gif

orosalind

Hi Happybride,

U scared me ah....
happy.gif

Me go gym 3 times per week when I tried to slim down the other time. But ever since I slim down, I cut down liao but now not feeling too good abt that cos I keep thinking I put on wt liao (me oso like u, cant resist food) although my frens ask me not to slim down further. So I think next week onwards, gg to keep to 2 times per week liaoz.... For me, dieting is a no no.

So what do u intend to do to slim down?

PS in Jun ah, sure can shed fats one lah, must have confident in urself.
happy.gif

Hi Rabbit,

Ya, feels gd tdy cos it's Wed liao and 2 more days to weekends.
happy.gif

Ya, I understand. I oso dun want to waste those effort building up my stamina.
happy.gif
Me dint stop totally but lessen the no. of times gg to gym lor. Hope to go back to normal schedule next week, but hope to lah huh....
happy.gif

Btw, I always got an impression that Sony's products are quite ex?

happybride

hi orosalind,
i am still in holiday mood, must joke joke if not v sianz working... : )

I tot of going to sports hall excerise courses, doing pilate now, but like no effect, heheee fats too stubbon. Cant do too strain excerise cos i got nose problem, aching when i pant too hard, may drop off 1 fine day... hahaaa

Maybe going to gym too, with the help of slimming cream to speed up the process.

Brides to skinny oso not nice, cos too boney, dun carry the gown well too. maybe u just maintain lor, listen to ur friends

mochamel

Hi gals,
like to find out from you all
1) what was the original pages in your wedding album;
2) how many more pages or photos did you all top-up ??

cyn

DJ.. when i signed with them.. they only ve one ballroom. only recently then they ve another 2 ballrooms.

mine is sheena. wont be using their cards. so din enquire abt their printers. which ballroom are u using? the grand ballroom?

orosalind

Hi happybride,

Ya lah, I like the joking session here with u and some other brides.
happy.gif

I tot things like pilates and yogo is not really for losing wt but rather it's more like toning kind of exercise? I can attend classes, it's either I cant catch up or forgot abt the steps. I joined Boxercise once and cant even sweat a lot although it's supposed to. Reason: I cant catch the steps. So I opt for gym, can sweat like nobody's biz.... hahahahaha...... If u have nose problem, maybe try those like steping machine, u wun pant heavily but will still sweat. Threadmill maybe not ok for ur case.
happy.gif

Ya lah, me now listen to all my frens and just try to maintain. Not worried that I lose wt further but more worried that I put on hhahahaahhaaa.....
happy.gif

madwomaninattic

Hey Gebbera --> My actual wedding day is 6th May
happy.gif
I think you are also 6th May if I din read wrongly in the earlier thread?! Cos' that week only 6th and 7th very good dates according to the tong shu and auspicious hour on 6th May is around 9 or 9+ in the morning unless you're Christian then not applicable lor...

4:05am in UK liao... still cannot sleep... ppl busy mugging for exams.... I busy internet(ing)...

blueberry

Hi Orosalind,

Will check email. Thanks.

Hi Happybride,

No choice, but have to start now. me got the tenancy to gain weight after CNY. so lose some now so after CNY my weight will be ok :p
Go swimming lah.. they say it is also good. I can't swim. so swimming is out.

MTM in Feb?? Is it a bit too rush for BS???

rabbitwsk

Swimming... good exercise! I swim every sat. Very effective and relaxing... But scare got lines here and there! cos i only go for morning swim. Though go early as 9, still line is there...

MTM in Feb, ok la... when is urs?

Ros, sony pdt is ex but quality is of certain level of assurance. Tt time before I get my furniture for hse, I insisted on tv cannot buy other brands, except Sony or Pana.

Regards.

happybride

hi orosalind,
i tot toning exercise will help mah, i saw one stepping machine with hand bars like skiing machine, maybe can try tt.

hi kk,
i cant swim too... so it's out for me. Think BS's intention is to get the MTM gown ready for PS (in june)

keann

WOW...this thread is getting so active!KEEP IT UP KEEP IT UP!!!

Talk about kan cheong..i have olediz done my PS...hehehehee.....did it in Melbourne early Oct.

Madwoman:
What are you studying? when are exams ending?JIA YOU JIA YOU!!!! i am just nuaring everyday doing bo liao stuff..packing and ready to go home anytime..but still have 3 weeks!

I can't wait to be home in singpaore to prepare for my wedding...actually thinking about it...not too much things to do..except to get my evening gown and tea dress....cos PS done..suits and wedding gown got it liaoz...just misc here and there.......

CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT ..actually quite eager for may to come!!!!

blueberry

They ask me to come in Dec. But dun have time. Tot of in Jan. See how. Meantime got to exercise to loses inches. :p

If swim at around 6pm should be ok?? Singapore seems like dun have indoor swimming pool..

Happybride,

That's cross-trainer. I do that. Very Xiong. Half dead... But seems got effect. The time I did was about half year ago.. Opps.... I have not been there since.. Must go there soon...

you won't be using ah? so did you ask them for anything in return? If not gimme your 'cards' lah hahahah... :D I need 3 sets of cards...now thinking of the most efficient...

ya, i'll be using the grand ballroom...

let me know how your preparations go...if you're gonna use their projector or anything. I haven't found out if we need to supply them music or they have CDs we can use...

happybride

hi kk,
got effect can liao... heheee woman will do anything to lose those inches...
sis always say i lazy pig, think she is right, she says i hv v good mental power : )
cos i use my mental power to excerise myself mentally, without moving a inch heheeee

I must prove her wrong hahahahahaa

hmm...how come you're all students? post-grad or wat? hee...or issit really a trend to marry young?

ya, kinda in limbo now...waiting for next yr to come...hee...

who are your photographers and videographers for the actual day? I'm trying to find one now...
happy.gif

orosalind

Hi KK and happybride,

Me oso think swimming is good but oso like u 2, dunno how to swim.
happy.gif

happybride, yup, that skiing machine helps. I'm oso using that after my threadmill. In fact I have that skiing machine at home but no motivation to do it when I'm at home. I guess I oni got motivation to workout when I'm in gym.
happy.gif

cyn

DJ.. cant give u the cards lah... keke.. i've trade for more beer. i'll be using their projector to screen the morning highlights. i'll supply them with a cd of my songs i wan. they do ve cds i supposed.

haha...okie
happy.gif
Just thought i'll try my luck :eek:) So how are you getting your cards done?

ya, i'll be using their projector also, and have asked my dad to handle the music. Love to delegate duties to others...they are happy to do it too! Now he's threatening to pick songs like "Yesterday", "Release Me", "Sad Movies"...wat a laugh.

madwomaninattic

6:15am... Still sleepless in rainy UK...
uhoh.gif
Dunno izzit cannot sleep or cos' husband haben email me yet...
embarrassed.gif

Keann - I'm sure your pics are going to come up brilliant and esply its taken in Melb somemore!! Ahhh so envious... I wish I could have my PS in UK too. Cambridge is very beautiful for PS but too bad husband working in Shanghai. We LDR for abt 4 yrs...
sad.gif

Oh I'm reading English Literature cos' I teach English. I very cheap want a degree so I can get grad pay
wink.gif
. Poly &amp; Grad teachers all have more or less the same workload but grad teachers with good honours get paid almost 1k more!! I have only one paper next Mon morning and flying back to Singapore on Mon afternoon. Yah I cannot wait to go home!! /clipart{luff}

DJ - I work then save money to study overseas so already "lao xin niang"... Hahaha!!!
lol.gif

I email that Yew Kwang who seems not bad and his price not expensive leh unless you want value-added services lah. But hope to get the same photographer for PS and AD so at least got some rapport and style there.

You girls keep working on this thread... I see if I can go to sleep... else you will hear of a Panda roaming in UK tomorrow in the news...
rofl.gif

Hehe...ooh...E.Lit in Cambridge...it would've been nice to take the photos there eh...isn't it cold now? Where will you settle finally? Aft wedding everything back to 'normal' in SG?

Ya, we're gonna meet up with Yew Kwang next Thurs aft work to see his portfolio. Heh, you wanna join us? hahah...

I'm still contemplating...

Rest well!

happybride

hi orosalind
i dun even hv the motivation to go to the gym...
FH dun believe me when i told him i going for pilates classes... heheee

btw, i heard aqua areobics is v effective, u dun hv to know how to swim

orosalind

Hi Happybride,

Ya, I oso heard abt aqua aerobic but I too lazy to go for classes hahhahahahaa....

Btw, me just called my bridal shop to change appt cos my hubby cant make it. Happen that this designer pick up the phone and that's how I found out who is my designer liaoz.... Now oni nid to cfm photographer will do.

happybride

hi orosalind
heheee i hv more decipline when i go for classess, i will find excuses for myself when i go on my own

which BS u going to? they hv more than 1 designer n photographer?

orosalind

Hi Happybride,

I'm with Golden Horse Awards. Yup, they have a few designers and photographers.
happy.gif

Me aiming that famous photographer. My designer is quite a famous one in GHA too. Know a lot of GHA brides like his work.

gebbera

Madwoman,
My AD is 30/May, same as ihippo. But mine AD and dinner banquet will be held on the same day. Think you mixed up mine with others liao...haha..
understandable cos this thread is so lively now.... keke...
happy.gif

Heard Marina Mandarin foods quite nice too.... my friend went for their Bridal Show recently and thus, gotta chance to taste their half banquet food. Mine will be held at Crown Prince Hotel.... and am using their famous Long Jiang chef.... keke... How about your BS? Which BS did you engage? For me, I chose Santiago Wedding Studio at Bugis.

Hi DJ
So which BS did you engage? ;)

Besides choosing the venue for wedding banquet and Bridal Studio, what others preparation should we be doing? Anyone knows?

happybride

hi orosalind,

My BS only has 1 designer and 1 photographer so no need to choose.
But I am wondering if I should call to tell my co-ordinator which makeup artistic I wan

poshies

Hi Ocean,
Sort of.... I don know a single stuff... he use that to pick the date for An Chuan and select our AD day...

Hi Voice,
Kind to share ur AD photo package?

jamci

Hi blim...mine is also the same as CC2
happy.gif

Heard that 9 of mar is also a good date but must see whether got "chong" or not. My mum got "chong" so cannot because got to serve her tea on AD.

voice_0229

Hi Poshies

You may visit their website, http://www.kalyedoscope.com/ for more information on their latest promotion. Usually in person when you talk to Kai (chief photographer), you can let him know more of your requirements and he is very flexible to negotiate with you. Tell him Priscilia recommend.
happy.gif

Roughly, my package is about $900, for whole day. About 700 shots!

ivory

kk,
hee… ur hubby very shang xin lah… say the tv wans to RIP
proud.gif

I see this Audio House was offering $200+ for 21” TV… wanted to go n see but no time…

Singapore have indoor swimming pool… at Ritz Carlton basement swimming pool if im not wrong
happy.gif

orosalind,
piang, tdy come back to work super low morale… last nite got nitemare some more.. in the end not enuf sleep… hai…

I hold ur word for it har… must invite us to ur house…

hee… bcos I started work even before I got my diploma.. so its like after exams straight away start work.. dat 3-4 mths is a well deserved break after 4 yrs of working.. though I din go anywhere… guess bills must be quite high cos the tv is on from 12noon to 12mn… hahahahhaha… wonder why my MIL never scold me…

hey.. u dun use that skiing machine liao? then lend me can?

Chenoa,
my hubby oso loves fishes… our house got 3 sets of 4 footer and 2 sets of 2 footer…
proud.gif
initially I oso dunno where I rank.. until I make sure he sayang me 1st then can go tok to his fishes
proud.gif

babysheep,
hahha…. becum a statue infront of the tv very easy one… I everyday oso becum statue
happy.gif
projection TV.. very big hor.. ur house going to be very big har? my house can oni put 21” TV.. anything bigger than that will be too big n strenuous to our eyes…

happybride,
hee… we start posting our slimming records here lah.. like that then can push ourselves to slim.. cos no good results to post will be very pai sei rite? aiyo.. u must start now ah… then we how ah?

hahaha… mental power works? I must try…

happybride

hi ivory,

i dont wan to start but bo pian, MTM gown in Feb. But i thnk bigger size easier to alter hehee... if i slim now, then put on weight again ... then i will be in trouble cos gown has no allowance... : P

feel so sad when I think of the CNY goodies, cant eat them liao *sob sob*

Mental power works for the brain only, cos u imagine urself going through the excerise over n over again... memory may improve too.

the thread is so quiet today , everyone must be busy... so low morale, my brain is still on holiday

ivory

happybride,
hai... my hubby oso constantly reminding me abt the inches to lose whenever i snack... *sad*

mental works gonna b hard for me cos i never use my brains to think one.. my hubby long long time gave up on me trying to force me to use my brains to think
proud.gif

i just went thru some threads again n realised u asking me abt Herbalife?

ivory

so far okay lah... i just replace 1 meal with the protein drink... results not very great cos i usually dun eat a lot oso..
happy.gif
my fren say will let me take the tea dat will reduce water retention, so mayb able to see greater results.. havent decide want to try or not leh..

rabbitwsk

Hi Ivory

U taking meal repl too? Me too, but not from herbal life...

U know, jus persist and you are on ur way to ur target
happy.gif
Positive thinking helps!

Frankly, my advise to you is not to take that tea cos u sure water retension is ur problem? I would say either u exercise or repl one more meal alternative day to speed up the process.

Cheers.

mich03

Hi Siew Yin,

Maybe you wanna start on ur venue for ur wedding dinner 1st? Cos if u r looking at hotels, then its best to probably book ur venue 1 yr b4hand as hotel venues tend to be more "hot". But, of cos, b4 this, you will have to discuss with ur parents and PIL to fix a date that all are comfortable with. Once a date has been fixed, then go ahead to source ur venues, make tentative bookings for the venues u r interested in then finally decide on your desired venue. Then comes a deposit for the wedding dinner. For hotels, it ranges between $2000-$3000.

Then, after the venue has been settled, u can source ard for ur BB liao. Can slowly see see cos since u already have the date fixed, then u can work towards that timeline liao.
You will also have to make a deposit for ur BB ... ard $1000. Then, from here, you prob will not have to worry much for the venue and BB liao cos the pple there will contact u once the date they need u to go down or to consult u on something.
Meanwhile, u can make use of this time to look thru bridal magazines to see wat r the kind of WG that u like and tell ur ideas to ur BB (if ur gown is MTM).

Hope the above helps.
happy.gif

weddingmoods

Hi Fanny,

Does Jawn has website? What kind of diff do you mean? Most of the brides will look very diff from their norm days, right? Or do you mean their gown is very diff from other BS?

How much is their package if I opt out? I am thinking of that... n fnd my photographer.
lol.gif

keann

DJ:
Me also not young bride...i used to work for couple of years and decided to finish uni...so like wat Madwoman said...i also "Lao Xin Niang"...kekekeke....
As for my photographer, becos i dun have any package with bridal studios...so am using the services of this guy called Reuben. He did my friend's wedding and i thought he is not too bad.Also,he's quite friendly and easy to work with...so i have book him...but have yet to work out details with him yet....m meeting him when i am back in Singapore. If you are interested, let me know...will send you his tel.

Madwoman:
So you also LDR..me also leh...we 4 plus years liaoz!!!cannot believe it....but we did it somehow ....hehehee...We had our PS in melbourne...very good weather...and very happy with the photos. Actually, i did everything DIY, i only asked for photos and negatives.The deal was quite good...i tik a little different from Singapore's bridal packages. I've got back all 250 4R photos..mix of B&amp;W and Colour...and very different kind of feeling! You should do it in Cambridge...tik that will be really memorable..or even shanghai!!!

Actually i also cannot sleep....cos everyday BUMMER!!!! wake up ...sleep....go drink kopi...watch VCD....tik i have finished watching 3 sets of drama in a week...hehehehee....

Your banquet place Marina Mandarin is good...i have attended a wedding there before...atmosphere is very nice!

Hope to hear from everyone soon!!!!

chenoa

Hey!!!!!

I see a lot of us cannot swim hor. Me too leh! (Like so proud like that.
embarrassed.gif
)

Maybe we can form a class for swimming lessons? Anyone?

I envy those friends that can go scuba diving. Me can only snorkel and must have life jacket on somemore.....