(2004) Brides of year 2004

amethyst

Pageup, thanks.

xue, don't worry. I haven't decide on my PS photographer yet, likely to take PS after Christmas, so you won't be last!

Everyone, pls share your PS experience and pics like smurfy okie?

fairy

Hi CareBear,

Some really creative designers would include jawn happy ever after( A new concept and gown for every bride, Styling very versatile), Tan Yoong (Dreamy), Federick Lee (Flamboyant).

These are some examples.Hope these would be helpful.
happy.gif

secret_garden

Hi Binbin,
eh, you are always in this thread right? How come you have not added in your date leh?? *puzzled*

Hi Beatrice,
how much is your floral package? what does it cover? if it's inconvenient to say her, perhaps you can email me at [email protected] ?

Hi DJ,
okie! I will call you DJ from now onwards! when you do meet up with them, can update us? cos i also searcging ard still
happy.gif

hi Wendy/Amos!
HELLO! your hubby is more frequently seen here than you!
happy.gif
would the Chijmes hall look empty with 100 guests when they can take up to 300? Have you seen the deco up with abt 100 seats? you catering from kriston?
Btw, how did you manage to get teh hall for only 2 hours and at $800?

hi twinkleglint,
I am quite new here! n m sourcing for AD photographers, BS, BS photographers etc. KNow you have been to moo, AteX, and Stefine. Do you have AteX and Stefine's contacts? What are their forte? Would like to know your honest opinions of them! maybe you can email me at [email protected] ?

Hi Girlfriend,
who is your AD phtotgrapher & videographer? What's teh package like? can share?

poshies

Hi Gals,
How's the Monday morning.... tomorrow is holiday!!!

Well... took a leave.... so nice not need to wake up eary...

Hi mee mee,
Thanks for your reply.... guess will have my cards print from the appointed printer, coz need to print in both chinese and english.

Hi Xue,
welcome to the thread... guess we got one more person on 21 Feb..... popular date har...better get your stuff ready.... 3 more months to go...

I'm still the last one to have my PS.... well, still able to know what are the thing to avoid... and what to do....

Hi Pageup...
Yup my hubby also say not need to waste $$ on the cards, how many people really appreciate the cards, so must well spend the $$ on other stuff....

Hi Amethyst,
Yup the back of your gown is sooo... nice....better get your PS photographer soon.... unless you don need to show your pic at the dinner itself... coz the photography need about 1-2 month time to do up your ablum...

tonight going for my trial make up so exicted..

poshies

Updates again:
AD, Venue, Bridal Shop, PS
07th Feb
- Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen & Ted Collection, PS: 2 Oct

15th Feb
- Blue Lake (Merchant Court), Kai Bridal, PS: 12 Dec

21st Feb
- Ocean (88 Restaurant), Paris De Bridal, PS ??
- Pageup (Noble Hse), Everbliss, PS: 18 Oct
- Amethyst (Venue ??, Amor Meus, PS???)
- Poshies (Peninsular), Camillia, PS: 18 Dec
- Xue (Venue??, BS??, PS: 5 Dec)

26th Feb
-Clare (venue, BS, PS?)

28th Feb & 1/3
- mee mee (Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image, PS: 12 Oct

29th Feb
- Voice(Church Reception at Trinity Theological College, Chapel), White Link, PS??

That all, did I miss out anyone??

amos_aw

Winterhakone:
Give me the details, i'll insert them for you.

am:
Glad to hear that you're compelled to do even better from now on. That means Wendy and I are in for a treat then!
biggrin.gif

Secret Garden:
Wendy's using dial-up right now, so she doesn't surf as much as i do. Our AD is on a Fri, so perhaps that kinda helped. I don't believe the web pricing is valid anymore. As far as how 100 seats are gonna look, there will be quite a gap between the entrance and the back row. That's how things look at the moment, may need more at the end of the day.
Catering is from Kriston.

rabbitwsk

Hi Ladies

Taking abt wine...
Provinage from Robertson Quay has wine on consignment basis. That means if u buy extra, can return to them n get back your $. They hv nice wine at reasonable px. Do check it out.

Hi orosalind, i hv sent the contractor contact to you. Wow u r going to hv extensive reno? wat's ur bgt. I spend mininium on reno, abt $18K due to bgt constraint la. Can come to my hse hv a look if u wan to... doors open
happy.gif

Weekend was busy helping friend to get her bridal shop. And she decide to go for Emanual. So happy for her tt i can help her.Nothing beats the emotional sacifaction.

Cheers
happy.gif

piggygal17

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, I am holding my wedding on 13 Mar 04, juz booked my dinner and now looking around for bridal shops with nice OTR growns... any recommendations ? As time is running short for me...

Doris

nan

Hi, my wedding's 6 March too. I'm wondering why this date is so 'hot'. My fiance and I just plucked this date out of the air when he proposed last year. Just curious.

oceans

Wow
biggrin.gif
<font color="0000ff">Poshies</font>, there are 10 of us getting married in Feb'04!! Ok, let me add in <font color="119911">Voice</font> and my PS date.

<font size="+2"><u>AD, Venue, Bridal Shop, PS</u></font>
<font color="aa00aa">07th Feb
- Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen &amp; Ted Collection, PS: 2 Oct

15th Feb
- Blue Lake (Merchant Court), Kai Bridal, PS: 12 Dec

21st Feb
- Ocean (88 Restaurant), Paris De Bridal, PS: 07 Nov
- Pageup (Noble Hse), Everbliss, PS: 18 Oct
- Amethyst (Venue ??, Amor Meus, PS???)
- Poshies (Peninsular), Camillia, PS: 18 Dec
- Xue (Venue??, BS??, PS: 5 Dec)

26th Feb
-Clare (venue, BS, PS?)

28th Feb &amp; 1/3
- mee mee (Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image, PS: 12 Oct

29th Feb
- Voice(Church Reception at Trinity Theological College, Chapel), White Link, PS: 8 Nov</font>

<font color="119911">Voice</font>, had u select ur photos liao??? I have not leh... Going on this Fri to see... Hope the pics wun turn up bad!
uhoh.gif

36410.gif
Welcome <font color="ffff00">Xue</font> Yap 21st of Feb is a very popular date.
happy.gif

Oh, any recommendation for cheaper AD photographer? I have not select yet leh!!

ivory

chenoa,
kekeke... no worries.. u lost we pull u back lor
happy.gif

orosalind,
so u cfm the reno package liao ah? wat u asked for in the end?

so now u can shake legs together with us liao lor
happy.gif

kk,
my hubby keep saying i become an ornament on the sofa liao.. everytime he come home sure see me nua on the sofa... Sun worse.. from 11am-6.30pm.. i never leave the sofa *grin*

hi babysheep,
welcome
happy.gif

lillian

Hi Doris

Mine is with J &amp; C. Love their service!! You might wanna try them.

I'm getting 2nd hand OTR gowns as I really dun believe in spending money on something I am going to wear once. Tat's just me...
happy.gif
No pics either. Package consists of trial and actual hair and make-up, gown and suit for hb - $800.

blueberry

Hi BabySheep22,

happy.gif

Glad to "see" you here.
How's your preparation going on.
Me doing nothing now.. very free.

Ivory,

You can camouflage as one of the cushions.
If got exams on TV programes, you will sure score full mark.
So your hubby serve you lunch and dinner also lah...

Orosalind,

You can join in shaking kaki... welcome
:p

piggygal17

Hi Lilian,

BTW Where is J &amp; C? I also dun want to spend alot on gowns... as long as they look alrite on me, its fine.. Do you have their contacts as well ? Thx.

forest

hi gals...
been away for quite sometime... can see alot of newbies yet again!! HELLO EVERY1!!!
lol.gif

twinkleglint,
i dint receive ur email leh... can resend??? tks!!
biggrin.gif

amos/wendy,
wow... so many things settled liao... u guys r really quick!! kekek...
biggrin.gif

wendy_aw

Secret Garden

Eh...not sure if 100 chairs will look weird. Probably will. But if we put out too many chairs and only less than half are filled, won't look nice too. So dunno yet, when it gets closer to the date, recount how many ppl are attending the morning ceremony then decide on the number of chairs. We've never seen the place with 100 chairs..but guess the back half of the hall will be very empty. Hmmmmmmmm....how huh?

As for the catering...haven't called them up for details. But we are stuck with them cos Kriston is the only official caterer other than the 2 hotels. So no choice cos we don't want to be charged another $800 if we use another caterer. But I went to their website once...the price was reasonable. All we really need are some finger foods that day so we are not picky.

As for the price of CHIJMES hall..even we were shocked ourselves when they told us. But yeap...that's the price they quoted us...we didn't haggle at all. It was a nice surprise. Just that you'll have to spend extra money on decorations.

ivory

kk,
yah boy... me sure more comfy then the other cushions on the sofa.. cos i more fats mah
proud.gif

hahaha... i watch tv no eat meals liao... my hubby always say TV more impt to me.. oni time i go n disturb him are always during commercial breaks.. hahhahahaha...

wendy_aw

Secret Garden..
Forgot to mention.

If you wanna call up CHIJMES, can look for April. She was the one we spoke to. No. is 63361818

yoyo

Fairymoss : u also at bishan... which part.. when u moving in?

Cin_p, bread, forest : where r u guys? busy?

hello to all newbies.....

this tread is really getting hotter hotter

cyn

once again, welcome all newcomers.. i'm getting very confused...

DJ.... u also GCW... one more gcw bride. who's ur coordinator?

smallonion, i've more kakis... but i'm stil waiting for u leh.. neck very long liao.. keke

yoyo... i'm here... not really busy lah.. i think bread wil be busy mad woman again. it's end of the mth. saw ur photos... dun look like u leh... where did u go for ur outdoor PS? very nice weather...

cyn

ino.. i've booked aleenta resort. europe arh.. so envy leh... wld be better if the weather is not so cold huh.... how's ur preparation? bought the GDL stuff?

gebbera

Wow... Poox, wanna tell you that her gowns are fantastic! I've seen her wedding gowns in the Pan Pacific Bridal Show recently... and i like her gowns very much. I found those gowns very nice, simple &amp; elegant. Most importantly is those SWARVOSKI CRYSTALS that made the gown stands out better. Poox, so envy of you.... (me droopling already) keke....
By the way, her gowns/wedding packages are very expensive.... am i right?

can share with me your wedding photos when they are ready?
happy.gif

binbin

hi secretgarden, coz i din wanna be the first one to put for march...hhehe.... so i waited and waited..heehhee...seems like those in march are not coming in here leh. :p btw, beatrice's package is from Poppy Flora. u interested?
happy.gif
i was so happy she likes my recommendation. Poppy is at Tanjong Pagar, Linda does beautiful bouquets. the prices may depend on what kinda bouquet u looking for. i got my ROM bouquet from her, as well as garlland. and i love what she did so much i went back for my wedding package as well, and i really like my PS bouquet...
happy.gif

forest

yoyo,
im here lah.... btw, jus saw ur photos.. ur ROM really like ur actual event hor.. kekekee... can see tt alot of effort gone into ur ROM.. no wonder u say ur banquet u dun really bother. kekekke...
biggrin.gif

oh... yeah.. i second cin_p... the weather looks nice.. u went tanah merah for ur outdoor PS izzit? which part?
happy.gif

keann

Geberra:
Where is Bribal Veil?Am planning to shop for my evening gown when i am back in Dec...can't wait!! about 3 weeks more and am BACK IN SINGAPORE!!! yippppeeeee!!!! Does Bridal Veil has OTR gowns...and are they expensive...the last time, i went to Emmanuel B..and min for OTR is about $500....

Let me know!! THANKS!!

Cheers!

xue

Hi pageup &amp; just a tiny voice,

I didn't know that Sentosa had a chapel until I read the thread here. Where is the chapel located, it is near to the orchid garden? So, just a tiny voice where did you go and take the picture at Sentosa? I love the sand, the beach and the sun so thinking to go to sentosa lor. Pray that it will not rain on that day. If not my hope will be dimished already.

Amethyst, doesn't the bridal package cover the PS? Where did you intend to have your PS? I like the beach very much, so die die must have beach one.
happy.gif

Poshies, so good that you don't have to work today. My answer is working on Moday is ready damm tiring as I am very busy throughout last Saturday and Sunday. Ai yah, going to be a bride is like this one very busy, no choice because once in a lifetime affair mah. Lucky tomorrow got holiday, can sleep late, if not I die already.

Ocean,
Did you look at the tong shu to select the date. My one is select from the tong shu one. The fortune teller keep on saying that day is very good. Ocean, I had booked with eternal creation for my actual photography and videography. It is quite cheap. By the way, my wedding will be held at grassroot club, banquet room and my bridal shop is French Bridal.

orosalind

Hi rabbitwsk,

Yup, rec'd, thanks.
happy.gif
U call $21K extensive reno? My budget oni ard there leh. I tot it's quite standard to spend that amt for a standard flat? Urs oni $18K? Care to share what u have in that budget? I was quote $20905 for:
- kitchen, bedroom, dinning and living rm tiles
- false wall to conceal household shelter
- kitchen cabinet
- 1 aluminium frame glass sliding door at kitchen
- 1 tempered glass shower screen for master bedroom
- 1 full-height built-in wardrobe
- 1 full-height built-in shoe cabinet with sette
- false ceiling for dinning rm and passageway to 3 bedrooms and foyer
- L-box for living rm
- free 2 sets toilet accessories and mirrors, sink, tap, hob and hood, storage heater, air-con.

Hi Ivory,

Ya, me cfm the package deal but hor, I'm still gg to look ard cos I did told my ID that if I come across cheaper one with the same thing he provide, I will go to others.
happy.gif

I think hor, if I'm like u, my hubby sure ai si wo cos he oso dun like shopping but super fan of TV.....

Hi babysheep22,

Welcome.
happy.gif

Hi KK,

Ya, I hope to join in the shaking kaki but hor, I'm v kia si one leh, always worried here worried there worried this not done, that not done but think I will relax at least for now. dunno when I will start to be bz again....
happy.gif

ivory

orosalind,
so u havent place deposit har? datz y still can go n c c look look?

me bo bian mah... i super lazy to go out.. den as long as got tv programmes or movies VCD.. i happily stuck in front of the tv for 24hrs oso can... kekeke... like dat oso not cheap leh.. think of the electricity bills....

babysheep22

harlow kkwai

now busy with reno lor.... looking around, sourcing around for the best deal in "s'pore, jb and batam". what to do? no budget mah....

my hubby would like to get the house done up by CNY, cos he don't want to drag the whole process so long such that it is "over the new year". i dunno what that is supposed to signify?

for now, wedding is super eng. after confirming with marina mandarin, bridal veil and beetles @ work (my AD photography), there is pretty much nothing much to do on the wedding front for now.

so for the moment, concentrate on work. hopefully get the reno out of the way (it is getting on my nerves cos hubby and i have had millions of disagreements over it already)... then come and worry about wedding at the closer stage.

ivory

babysheep,
mayb got the same meaning as "do not owe ppl money until over CNY, must repay all loans before CNY, else u will be owing money for the rest of the year"?

so mayb ur hubby worry of house not finished by CNY, u have more work to do for the rest of the year??

kekeke... just joking
happy.gif

for me i oso try to clear every outstanding stuff by CNY, so a new year will be a new start
happy.gif

dunno y, i oso never work on my birthday.. sure take leave one.. mayb i worry if on my birthday i still have to work.. it just show me going to have a long working life? lao lu ming...
proud.gif

yoyo

cin_p,smallonion : at tanah merah.. a road to the saf country club... shoot on lunar aug the 15... yah loh. lucky to hv nice weather... was postphone once due to bad weather.. 2nd try.. very good...n those photo actually by a friend who tag along when i do my PS.. think my friend can be professional liao...

yoyo

forest : our plan was actually only to hv the ROM.. but MIL insisted (as usual) to hv the customary aft we settle everyth.. so no choice hv to do the old fashion one also loh....

orosalind

Ivory,

Yup, sign an agreement but no nid deposit and was told can cancel if I dun want to use their serv in the end. Think that guy is super confident in his works to give such promise. But the 20905 is not the final price. Will be getting some disc (he doesnt want to give disc now cos he say if I decided to take out a few things then the disc he give will affect the profit margin).

Watch VCD not so bad lah, imagine if watch movie even worse. Pai fu pple like u and my hubby. Dunno what's so fancinating abt TV. Can sit there and stare in that box for whole day, hahahahaaaa.....

u v free now?

ivory

orosalind,
ok lah... got work but no mood to do..cos tmr holiday mah.. kekekeke...

wah... the guy really sounds confident of himself hor... when ur house is done must show us the pics ya? (invite us to mess up ur new house even better still.. kekek..)

err... u tried asking ur hubby watz so fascinating abt dat small black box?? *grin* i oso dunno y.. just hooked onto tv very easily.. remember 2 yrs ago i din work for abt 3-4 mths, was taking a short break from my last job before finding current job.. my daily position will be infront of the tv.. my hubby (then bf) gave up trying to pry me from the tv.. kekkeke... cos i give him more troubles if he dun let him watch tv.. eg.. he cannot take a nap or go to sleep early.. must tok n tok n tok to me until i sleep 1st.. usually abt 2-3am in the morning.. hahahhaha..

michellekoh

Hi orosalind,

Can share with the reno contact number?
happy.gif
I just brought my 5-room re-flat. I need to:
- 1 aluminium frame glass sliding door
- 1 full-height built-in wardrobe
- 1 full-height built-in shoe cabinet with sette
Can trade in air-con, found the aircon unit very old?

blueberry

Hi Orosalind,

You can shake and worry at the same time .:p just joking.
Your ID seems very confident that he is the cheapest. Can have the contact?? Me thinking of doing the toilets
happy.gif

Ivory,

So your hubby fight with you over the channels you watching?? I always fight over channel. In my hubby's life, other than his Mum, his TV is also very important.. Once we switch here and there during commercial breaks that the TV is spolit :p
So you can imagine the days he is without his TV, very sad.

Babysheep,

Disagreements are bound to be there. but talk over it.
happy.gif

nnyl

Hi laides

Greetings from Australia. Jia luck. Just 1 wk here and I put on 3 kg :p Must really go on diet when i come back.
happy.gif

So many posting... will try reading them in details when i get back. Till then take care!

ivory

kk,
nah... normal days my hubby lets me watch wat i wan.. oni on Sat n Sun i have to let him watch his EPL soccer.. so we thinking of buying 1 more tv to put in our room so dat i can watch tv on weekends oso.. else its plain torture leh...

can imagine how sad ur hubby will be without tv.. cos i will be very very sad without tv oso
happy.gif

blueberry

Ivory,

I know how sad he is... I joking said that his TV wants to rest in peace and he did not talk to me for some days... I was thinking maybe the Tv also wants a break..

Should buy one more... and put in the bedroom.
Me also will buy too.. or else I will be sad when he watches his channel...

Lynn,

Come back soon!! miss you :p

voice_0229

Can someone help me to update, my dinner at THE CHEVRONS.
happy.gif

Hey Ocean, how come you so fast can select photos? My photographer hasn't call me leh, he told me 3 weeks after the photoshoot. I'm using Kayledoscope featured in SB main page as my AD photographer. Have seen their work, not bad for their reasonable price... you can look for Kai and tell him I recommend one. No obligation to meet up with him and see his works.
happy.gif
They have a few photographers too.

Hi xue,

Sorry i didn't take note where is that chapel, everything happen so fast that day, rushing from 1 location to another, scare the small drizzy turns to downpour. Thank God He hold the weather, so sunset was as early as 5pm, finish everything at5:30pm. If you like outdoor shoot more, you must tell your photographer you want more outdoor photos, so he will cut down on indoor shoots.
happy.gif

orosalind

Ivory,

Me too, tmr holiday so yest sleep quite late cos I tot tdy oso holiday mood lah.
happy.gif

Sure, u r welcome to see my place once it's done up but hor, may not be done by this ID leh. I see how first. See if I can get a beta one.

I din ask my hubby what is so fancinating abt TV leh. But hor, I think he cant even ans me ah. hahahahah. Wow, u din work for abt 3-4 mths???? Stay at home and become shao nai nai ah. Ur electricity bill sure v high these 3-4 mths hor?????

Hi Michelle,

Sure, please leave ur email add cos I dun think it's nice to post it here.

Hi KK,

Sure, please leave ur email address. But I cant say if he is the cheapest or not lah. U nid to compare ard. He is so far the cheapest amongst all I have found but I'm still looking ard.
happy.gif

Me oso fight with my hubby over TV channel when he come over to my hse. Cant imagine what will happen when we stay together. Probably nid 2 TV? Aiyo, so poor thing. One in the living rm and one in bedroom watching TV..... Hope this wun happen leh....

Hi Lynn,

enjoy ur life there ah.....
happy.gif

tigger

I don't have the address. But its located at Chinatown market. Its on the level where they sell clothes. (The level above is a hawker cantre)

weddingmoods

Hello ladies,

I am also a Dec 04 bride!! My AD is 25 Dec 04. I prefer to have diff look/image on that special day so I will try to have something diff for my EG to be very diff from my WG. Hee Hee.....sexy at night..maybe..

Hi Fanny,
Where is Jawn? Any website? Who are the photographers they tie with?? I am most concern about photographs. Tks!!

annmiko

Hi Gerlynn,

Your AD is also on 23 Sep 04 right? If that's the case, 4 of us are getting married on 23 Sep 04. hahaha.....can take more photos and share with one another cos can't possibly attend each other's wedding. So coincidental, my photographer also will be Kelvin from Beetles@Work. Yours also Kelvin right? How much is your bridal package? Have you chosen your WG and EG? My AD photographer could be Yew Kwang. Booked him luckily cos he said another couple actually enquired him on 23 Sep 04 availability but they didn't book with him. Anyone from you here? hehehe........

My per table is $651. Not cheap too. How much is Hyatt's per table? Yours is the pillarless ballroom or the ballroom got pillar? My SIL got married there. Very lovely. Food very nice.

Gerlynn, Da Bee, Kate, interested in making your own wedding favours? I'm attending a course at Tanjong Pagar CC starting next Thursday. The course trainer will teach us how to make candles, organza bags, fridge magnets and even wrist corsages. I was thinking like our wedding day still very far and wish to plan ahead and do something special for our guests. If you all interested, let me know. I will send you the website so you all can go and register. But even if didn't go for same course, we can still help each other till the same day we all got married. Then we can all share our wedding photos, photo studio shots, photos of our WG and EG, and so on.....Feeling excited!
happy.gif

It's a pity we can't go for the same bridal shop. Otherwise, we can see WG and EG for each other.
happy.gif

amos_aw

Dear all:

I recently read a post where a bride was making a public apology regarding things that she said on this forum. I don't know the specifics, but she apparently said things that hurt her FH and his family. I do not know how they found out.

Whatever it is, it sounds to me that her wedding plans have been cancelled, since her BF posted and addressed himself as someone who "used to be her FH".

My advice? Cover your butts. Anything you don't agree with regarding wedding preps that your ILs want, discuss it off the record (read and erase PMs) and with people you totally don't know or trust with your life. Better yet, talk face to face and be done with it. If this was a perfect world, we'd be settling our differences with the respective parties, but it ain't. It saddens me to see something like that happening.

Please don't link to the thread. I pray that there'll be sunshine at the end of the tunnel for this lady.

chenoa

Hi all,

sure carrefour wine fair next year in Sept? Then we can all go and check it out together.
biggrin.gif
still in time for our big day.

I got nothing to contribute to the reno talk. cos will be moving into my inlaws place, so only need to buy new bed, paint, build/buy new wardrobe, some finishings. Minimal expenses,
proud.gif

but then, i really hope (and badly wanted) to have my own place, got freedom to do up the whole place and sense of achievement and pride mah. but what to do, long story.....love my FH, love his parents, live with them....maybe after a few years, can upgrade lah! Keeping fingers crossed.

KK, ya....my FH also very fond of his mum. that's a reason why we have to stay together in his present flat. Second love is his kois. He used to constrain them in his glass fish tank, until he bought a larger fiber tank last month. No qualms about it. I wonder where i rank sometimes.... :p