(2004) Brides of year 2004

fencnef

ohayou gozaimasu..
happy.gif

hey kokopooh..
my wedding on 30 oct next yr at noble hse..i learnt jap abt few yrs ago...getting old, nw a bit 4get aldy..haha..

hey yvonne..
no prob! hope u've booked a nice kwa frm HOE liao..
happy.gif

jann

dunno yet leh, maybe wait till next month... Yeah, actually one thing that me and my hubby trusts him and book him is that since he has got more experience, he shld know wat looks good on us loh, coz he has seen a lot in his job rite..

fantasy

Sneaky,

I'm sure you have every reason to take back your deposit. They are afterall the one who could not fulfill the agreement.
Ritz's service is A class. It's my favourite hotel in Singapore. Love their bathtub. Big enough for 2 person and not to mention the spectacular view. U ladies should have a rendevous there if you have not tried before... kekeke....
Ritz did offer me a very attractive rate couple of months back. Ard $700+ a table (of cos they change the dishes from their normal menu). However they have a condition that is for us to have our banquet by this year. We gave up the offer as we didnt want to rush into the decision.

Fairymoss, haha... how can your hubby be so mean? but I'm sure that is meant to be a joke. I really envy those with beautiful fair smooth back to flaunt. My skin tone more to the tann side and worse still one or two zits will appear before mensus... need to spend on maintainance as I really want hope that one of my gown is at semi low back.

fantasy

Fairymoss, must be really excited to have the details of your gowns decided!
happy.gif
My galfriend was so excited after her first apptm that she kept sms-ing me (on sat then sun) to talk me how happy and satisfied she is with the gown that her designer has in mind for her. Such a blissful feeling
happy.gif

Really cant wait till my own turn but prior to that I really got to do lotsa homework. Me still very green in terms of cut and materials... any website that I can learn more about the different cuts and material use on gowns?? You with Irene's creations rite??

As for shoes, cant help much cos I've already got two pairs... both off the rack from Tangs. Might be looking out for another one for the evening after the design of my gown is finalised.

jul

Jan

U mean I must negotiate all the price & materials etc ok, before I sign the contract? I'm not sure what to do. So confused. I'm sick of visiting IDs, even tho I only saw 6. But this ID is my fren's, & I saw her place yesterday. Not too bad. Dunno if I shd source ard some more. But then I'm itching to start on the gown designs etc too.
sad.gif

forest

welcome gerlynn and kokopooh!!!
happy.gif

heee.. nice to hve u gals in here...

gerlynn,
well, i had attended a wedding at rasa... n frankly speaking.. the shape of the ballrm wasnt tt fantastic.. its a little fan shaped.. n guests at each corner might nt b able to see the stage.. wats more.. 1 side of the ballrm is actually further away frm the stage.. ie. the stage is not exactly in the middle... jus my opinions...
biggrin.gif

but i hve to agree tt the lawn area is really romantic!!! cant beat the winds n having ur solmenization or cocktail at tt area!!
biggrin.gif

wendy,
aiya.... bu yao ke chi lah.. kekekeke....
happy.gif

to every1 else!
biggrin.gif

so, any1 else wanna come to the outing?

our headcount for now:
----------------------
forest
ino
doremon
wendy
amos
??????

jann

Hey Jul!

Dun source to many also, will get more confused! Since the ID has done ur friend's house, guess it's safe in a way.

Yes, make sure, he quotes u everything in a list, one item by one item, must act fussy!! hahaha!

Yeah, look thru the contract properly and ask them how long they take to finish or rather tell them when u want the reno to be done! And ask if there're anymore other costs u should take note.
Say if he doesn't state here, then u'll take it the final price as per wat his contract states loh...

clueless2705

hi jul,

ya, renov contract is the same as hotel banquet contract and BS contract... must make sure that they state EVERYTHING down on black & white..

check wif them for the price that they quoted u, what range of materials are they giving u? etc... ask them to indicate what are the possible hidden costs as well..

take note of the haulage fees as well... heard from this forum that the haulage fee is charged by HDB and its at a fixed rate.. usually contractor will mark up the fee... ask to see receipt from HDB and insist that this fee should be on an reimbursement basis...

dkny

<font color="0000ff">Yvonne</font>
Is montage studio tightup with divine? Me looking to andrew choi, chris ling n montage, but i will try to make an appointment with them first b4 i signed up anything. So, have u registed the bridal show already?

jul

Hi Jan &amp; yan

Wow, so many things to take note. The reno contract is worse than BS &amp; hotel. At least the sum is much smaller &amp; u dun have to live with it for 5 yrs.

Alamak! Really dread the scrutinising the small print, &amp; listing questions down etc. I think most prob I will stick with my fren's ID. Sick of sourcing lah. But gotta spend more time negotiating already.

Any tips on how to get the best deal?

cyn

welcome kokopooh &amp; gerlynn... glad to ve u gals here.... happy chatting.

gerlynnn, i'll definitely go for hyatt. it's my 2nd choice. dun like rasa sentosa's layout &amp; it's so cramp.

alicia, count me in for the gathering.

mango78

Hi fencnef,

Didn't went down to HOE on sat. Intended to go only after I have signed up my bridal package. So most probably, will be around next of oct or beginning of nov.

Saw a shop at Esplande where they do rental of kuas. But was quite expensive compared to HOE. $368 for a day!

mango78

jatling,

you can make a tentative booking regardless there are no other couples who have the same wedding date as you. If so, the coordinator will press you for answer whether to place the deposit or not. Congratulations! Smile! Smile on friday.

dkny,
montage studios does not tight up with divine. Only studio d'fia, robin, picture box and wizard of light tightup with Divine. Not yet registered any BS yet but going to Divine BS on the 29th oct.

fencnef

hi all..
went to shop at ikea during lunch, looking around for cheap buys..
happy.gif

hey yvonne..
is the shop called amor meus or something?
happy.gif
errm..nt sure whether i got the name correctly loh..if it is dat shop,i heard the kwas there are nice but exp loh..

hey evon..
long time didn't see u leh..ur ROM coming liao or over aldy? hehe..u got update ur website? wanna see ur fotos leh..

babestaurus

Hi Ladies,
Busy whole morning... our stay at Pan Pac was great! We were given 35 floors suite, nice suite and nice view!!! Guess who i saw there???? "GU TIAN LER"... HK ACTOR!!! He looks so COOL......... dark quite small built!

I've gotten my ROM pixs from Hilarion on wkend. Sigh... still don't hv time to download into internet. Will try to do so by this week cos hubby went overseas liao...!
sad.gif

Hi Jul,
I went Home Maker at SExpo yday, so quiet and those contractor/ID firms so aggressive!!! I thk 5 sources is more than enuf, don find too many cos no point as it will only makes you more BLUR &amp; CONFUSED! Find the best one and try negotiate all the terms with them.

Btw, P&amp;C is PRIVATE &amp; CONFIDENTIAL la...haha

Hi Silver,
Halter neck might not be a bad choice since is unique and most of all the cutting looks nice on you!

jann

Hi Jul,

Hmm.. tips huh, dun really have, think it's still better to go thru those steps, check everything properly.. hehe..

Hey Yvonne, Oh the HK actor.. tot he quite beefy and tall, but usually on TV cant really tell lah..

clueless2705

jul, no tips to offer u too... me know bit bit here and there cos am planning to renov my hse kitchen, so read up a bit lor... maybe u can get more advise from the forum??

jul

Hi Yvonne

Wah, 35th flr! So cool... But I agree w/ Jan, Gu Tian Le usu looks quite tall &amp; well-built on TV.

Poor thing, newly weds got separated. But gd for us, coz we'll have photos to c
happy.gif
Just kidding lah
happy.gif

I didn't go to Homemakers. Worried abt the pushy sales pple, &amp; also dun wanna confuse myself further.

I don't have any email on P&amp;C msg!

jul

Jan, Yan

Nvm, I just stumble along, &amp; hopefully I find my way ard. Next time I can give Yan &amp; Yvonne &amp; silver advice :p

jann

Yup, better not go to those exhibitions for ID, they're super pushy!!
It's still better to go to those that are recommended by ur friends.
happy.gif

jul

Hi Jan

Yeah, I'm very frightened of those pushy exhibitors. That's how I signed up with my bridal shop in the first place!

Yvonne - I need to change the email address in the P&amp;C. How to do that?

garf

hallo everybody..

juz pop in to say hi..
happy.gif

i oso scared of the exhibitors at expo or suntec ones.. and oso the wedding ones..esp. the uncle who will always appear from nowhere and the next minute you'll find urself wif a wedding brochure in ur hands..haha..
i'll try to siam as much as i can...going away thru strategic corners and disappear..

tianyun

hi fencnef,
my rom around the corner now counting down :p well got some update on my link some younger us photos..hehehe...
was very busy...buying shoes lor, slimming program, facial...etc..hahaha...

clueless2705

haha... thats' what i usu do as well.. siam as far as possible... if not, will tell them that we are married.. so they will automatically siam us too..

jann

haha, yes, think the best solution is to say already married!!

Dun worry Jul, i think ur BS shouldnt be a problem!
happy.gif

jann

yan, now still staying with my parents. Currently weekends at my new place, after customary depends, may be hop by at my inlaws place and my new house and sometimes may go back my parents' house to stay i think.. heheh..

garf

haha..i've encountered question like "want to take pics for ur wedding anniversary or renew the lovey dovey times of married life??" something like dat after we told the pushy sales pple dat we are married..kekke..

quite hard up ya..;)

fencnef

hey evon..

glad dat u are having fun wif the preparations..hope u are dealing well wif the prob which u had shared wif me before..be happy and be a pretty bride ya..!
happy.gif

oki, will kaypo ur website later when i'm free..heehee..

clueless2705

oh no, so by saying that we are married is not the "safest" way...

hahahahaha or tell that we hv own own BS... dun need their service, haha, can counterask them whether wanna freelance for u or not since their biz so bad.scarli get beaten up. heehee.. just joking... too stressed up at work... mind not thinking straight...

jul

Hi gals,

Haha! Yeah, sometims saying that ur married doesn't work either. Now we just say No Thanks! very loudly &amp; firmly, then they'll leave us alone. I think we have to be thick-skinned too.

clueless2705

jan, u got new flats or resale?? where is it?? think u might have mentioned before, but me forgot... if dun mind, can refresh my memory??

jul, is work load better for this week?? wanted to see you those fotos taken at the fashion show for your BS.. but there are a lot of them.. what are yr preferred style??

clueless2705

sorry, i meant wanted to send u the fotos...

in any case, i try to send as many as possible... hope u gals dun blame me for flooding your mailbox...

for those who wanna opt out for the fotos, do let me know.. i exclude u from the mailing list...
as a warning, think i have more than 200 fotos hor... will not send all, only the nicer ones..

jann

Yan, pls send me the photos! hehe.. oh dear u send slowly at one time hor... If not mail scared mail box full.. hehe.. thanks!

tianyun

hey fencnef,
how come changed ur name huh? so cute :p

well...have to be happy and enjoy it if not really suffering man. now just counting down everyday and since this week damn busy the days shld go very fast too :D:D
we're preparing to spend abt $2k just on the rom itself hopefully it's enuf...kekeke

how abt you? how's life so far?

jul

Yan

I wanna see all the photos! Why dun u send 10 everyday. Then I slowly download &amp; save &amp; erase the mail. *hehe*

Actually I'm quite xian of work. So today eat a bit of snake. Dun care! For that peanuts pay, I'm not gog to work myself to death. Not worth it!
happy.gif

oceans

Hi all, yap, today is a <font color="0000ff">BLUE BLUE MONDAY!!</font>

Smurfy, glad that ur wound is okay!
happy.gif

For me, actually my bridal gives me 3 dates to chosse and i wanted to have my PS on 27/10, but the date was already taken.
sad.gif

So now, must re-check calendar....
sad.gif

jann

Wah Jul, haha, can see u're very excited abt the pics, 10 files is quite big leh, think u better register a few more email accounts!! hahaha!!

Ya lah, once in a while eat snake is ok lah! hehe!