(2004) Brides of year 2004

trixie

hi yvonne,
yeah man, finally another big load off my mind!
happy.gif
how many tables you looking at? I personally felt that even if GCW gives complimentary beer during promotion, you may still incur quite high cost if your guests drink more than what's complimentary lor. beer is quite expensive. so it depends on the profile of your guests. with M Hotel's free flow beer, i dun have to worry liao
happy.gif
my hubby's frens are avid drinkers!

W

wendya&w

rabbitwsk

I agree with you. What we've come to realise is that there is no such thing as a better country. Every country has it's own pros and cons. The world is so connected now, if we are talking about the economy and opportunities, it's really about the same. Amos and I just think that no matter how bad the situation is back home, it'll still be ok cos at least we won't be treated as second rate citizens. No matter how liberal a place may claim to be, prejudice still exists and we've both experienced it before. So why should we subject ourselves to discrimination in anyway.

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Im not active in this thread but i do browse msgs here.. hehee.. sometimes i do leave msg here.

Amos,I need to say something about Amos posting on the The Straits Times, Forum. I always read postings from the forum, when i read on yr writing, i was very touched, i did not know it was you until i came in to the thread and saw one of the gals toking about it.As it was published not long after the national. I had the same feelings as u have written, ive attend the NDP, the spirit of singaporeans is commendable despite the economy crisis and many unhappy things happened. My FH and I did thought of migrating and getting a job overseas before but many things put off this idea temporary. My families.. my friends and the food are all here for me, experiences overseas are great but nothing is better then kinship.. i think.

In singapore, we have to create opportunities for ourselves and strive for our success. Working hard is not enough, work-smart is the thing. I have been looking for a full-time job for a yr.. until now im trying.. its been very hard but this is Singapore.. we have to live with it.

jann

Hey yan, and also lunar 3rd month!! hehe.. but surprisingly lunar 4th month also got quite a no of weddings leh..

babestaurus

Hmm... pray hard that no one take the same place and has the same date as me lor!!! Hee hee...... Lucky Jul is at sheraton, if not, ... ...

jul

Hey Yvonne,

There are so many hotels in Spore, not so qiao that I'll end up fighting with u right?
biggrin.gif

Anyway my dinner is on 4 Jul, so u're still safe
happy.gif

mango78

Hi Trixie,

I don't have the worry of the beer cos most of our guests are not drinkers. So 30L of beer should be more than enough. Location for GWC was good for me, package was comprehensive too. The only problem was that the 2 new ballrooms was located on the same level.

ever

Hi gals! i'm back!! so many postings within few hours!!
crazy.gif
me juz came back from a meeting.... *sleepy*

silver, you're tempting me to switch leh!! sigh... guess i better get busy with other stuff, so that i wouldnt keep thinking about it!!

jul, which BS is yr voucher from? email us?
happy.gif

yvonne, where are you holding yr lunch reception for yr ROM? me got problem now... can only book the function room or the BBQ pit on the same day, so cant invite my friends for informal BBQ gathering.... sigh.... cant decide who to invite for my ROM now... scared the function room will "bao4 man3" if i invite so many friends...
sad.gif

actually, lunar 4th mth is ok for weddings.... but heard next yr's 4th mth not that auspicious... initially, i wanted to hold my wedding in May, which is lunar 4th mth... guess its fated that i joined you gals in being Jul'04 brides!!! by the way, is Jan the one that started this thread?
wink.gif

jann

hey ever!!

wow.. finally come in to post huh!! hehehe... *just kiddin*

ya ya ya!! it's me who started the thread!! hahahhaa! Coz was wondering at that point whether is it popular to have July weddings or not mah... think Usually not popular but coz next year's lunar 5th month is from mid June to mid July that's why....

ever, tot u're quite firm on ur BS??!!! Dun get tempted to change lah... hahaha..

jann

Jul, yan's wedding day also over 2 days, her first day same as mine... think u too confused already! hehe..

jul

Yeah, ever,

Dun get caught in the same fickle misery as me & silver *haha* Best to be happy with ur first choice. Not so much regrets & headache.

jul

Hi Jan,

Oh yeah! Forgot abt that. Now that u mention it, rem her saying that her first day's on ur wedding day. *sigh* Getting old lah :p

soupie

wendy, that's my sentiments too!
happy.gif
so wat if i can afford bigger car and house with a front lawn overseas but in other pple's eyes i'll always be a 2nd rated immigrant.

"What baffles me is this: Do we really need a large house, a snazzy BMW or the latest high-tech devices to be happy?" -- this just hit bull's eye. the economy is bad now and is making us reflect on our past and it's a good time for us to re-evaluate and realise wat's really most important.. family and kinship.. rather than all the material chasing needs.

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies

How's everyone?

No tok here for somedays cos super busy w sales reporting! Now cheong for mid range plan! Tired ... too many figures...

anyone go bridal veil? Is it ex huh! My friend told me she spent abt S$5K for she add photos. I am really keeping finger cross not to add some more photos cos its really ex.

sunday went to OCC. Gowns from Bridal link and J &C, not really my type. But evening gown quite nice. Went to the bridal suite of OCC, quite nice and facing green. So now waitng for the book to confirm date...

Tonite me going to Ah Yee gathering for my friend wedding at E/aug. ME also the MC so got to know a little bit more of the couple... U know, i hv been Ah Yee for many times... so many tt my mum once told me to stop or wldnt be able to get married :p...hahahaha.... u gals hv any experience on this?

Cheers.

fencnef

hallo..

evon..
juz replied to ur mail, no worries..
happy.gif

labbit..
bridal veil..its a designer couple collaboration..the beadings and embroidery very beatiful and price i heard is quite steep with oso the quality gowns which u r paying for..
happy.gif

neber heard of the problem of getting married by being ah yee for many times, but bridesmaid yes..the maximum is 2 times..
happy.gif
hehe..

kokopooh

Hi rabbit,

i'll b going Bridal Veil for their in-hse show this sat, they will be having another big show this oct. Ya, i'm also keeping finger cross not to add some more photos...
sad.gif

How bout u & have u got any bridal house in mind
that u like?

Cheers

trixie

Hi yvonne,
oic..but the new lvl 2 looks quite nice leh. I sent mail to GCW to ask for pics. the cocktail area looks quite big. if both ballrooms has got wedding at the same time, does that mean they share the cocktail area? if so then it's not so good cos can create confusion.

jul

Hi Yan

Oh so poor thing. I had an ok lunch. But very full & sleepy after that. Then just kena scolding from boss. *sigh*

tianyun

hihi...sorry fencnef, replied u via email liao very lazy to come here..hahaha...actually still working hard for my homepage...go take a look i change something again :p:p

jann

Jul.. life's like that working for others loh, gotta take all these scoldings etc... sighs..

btw, emailed u gals!

jul

Jan, I guess I deserved it this time. Coz I made mistake. *sigh* But still so sad...

Ok I go check my emails now.

jul

Jan,

Sigh.. It'll be so exciting to go on the bridal shop hunt again. Then can start afresh w/o any regrets. Hehe.. I sound like some drama mama
biggrin.gif

ever

jul, seems like the overall consensus is not to switch!!
wink.gif
guess you can concentrate on reno liao... heeehehhehee....

jan, thanks!!!

going off soon.... catch up with you gals tmw!!
bounce.gif
cant wait for weekend to arrive!

jul

*sigh* No excitement at all...

Guess I'll just concentrate on finding a contractor first. Then when we've settled the design, I can start dreaming of gowns again
happy.gif

garfield33

Hi Ida,

Pan Pac is nice as they have a few themes for you to choose, which is really beautiful..only thing is the place might be a little old cuz it's an old hotel. Hmm...if i'm not wrong, wkday packages start from $630...but of cuz if u want better food, etc.. cost more...

clueless2705

heehee... me got good news...
think my MIL gave in... told my bf that i can wear black for my EG, provided that i have some red on the dress... heehee... so happy...

antares

hi hi girls...
still remember me? I am quite busy recently and so this thread is going really too fast for me :pP hope all of you are doing fine..
happy.gif

I so long never come in liao.. maybe some may even thought I am new. :pP
Just another big "hi" esp to Ivory, binbin, A&W, Pebbles, Lin...hee....

Oh.. now talking abt "Singapore Our home" ah? Me too, I think I wouldn't like the idea of migrating too. I was born and bred here and I hope to stay here
happy.gif

okie.. talk to u all again...
happy.gif

silver

Hihi...

Hey you gals really know me well huh? hehehe Tml bringing my bf to PP dan got to really take up the courage to call yc. Seriously the thought of calling yc makes me scare. Actually I am more like waiting for my sis to cfm cos if both signing up together can bargain for better deal but my sis dun ve date yet so dunno to sign up or not n yet she likes PP.

Jul,
I also like you, feel like something not done if I don't check emails or postings here hehe

Ever,
Huh? I always thought you are very happy n firm with J&M?

Yan,
Hey congrats! I am very sure you will MTM a black EG now. It's going to be so diff!

Jan,
You replied PP?

Yvonne,
When you going down to pan pac? GCW allows you to delay so long?

jann

Morning!

Finally it's friday!
happy.gif

Hey, silver, hope u'll get a good deal from pp tonite! hehe.. and i havent reply her yet leh, dunno how to tell her i cant take her...

Yan, hehe.. congrats eh.. ur MIL gave in! btw, replied ur mail liao..

ever

<font color="aa00aa">morning gals!!!</font>

congrats, yan! can wear black EG now....

silver, actually yr sis can sign up even without a fixed date, rite? as long as she inform PP once she confirm the date, shldn't be any problem.... me quite ok with J&amp;M, juz that my package has only 1 MTM gown (either WG or EG)... and the price they quoted me for mag style album wasnt that cheap... think shld bargain with them again when i go down for my ROM dress...
wink.gif
heehehehehehee.....