(2004) Brides of year 2004

jul

Just came back lah. Gd thing not those super long ones.
happy.gif

Yeah, silver, I agree with Jan. Just take the plunge. But be prepared not to get anything near the dollar value that u paid.

jann

Think ever, yvonne and silver chatting via msn... Jul, u only have icq rite? At least better than me, cant install in office lah, later get into trouble... I have a icq lah, but it's only when i get online at home... so no point, by the time i log on at home, guess none of u gals around! haha!

garfield33

Hi Pebbles...

No prob... yea! Also glad tt it's finally Fri! So tired...would love a massage now!

U mention tt your WD is GCW, is it Grand Copthorne Waterfront? Is it the ballroom with the garden theme behind the stage? My friend juz got married there in June... gd food and nice ambience. The ballroom is spacious but i find it a bit too big.. but gd for the couple when they do their walk-in.

Ya, the weather in Perth now is v. windy, esp. at nite.
U studied in Curtin before rite? Which yr? Wat's yr course? Cuz my FH also studied there. He's working there now.
Yea..not easy maintaining long distance...but we try to comm. as much as we can lor...

clueless2705

hi, i am back from my meeting...
ever has gone home, and yvonne is leaving soon too...

silver, i lend u my guts... tmr call YC up and fight for your suit...

jann

hahaha... just afraid all of u gals chat there mah..
lol.gif

guess the speed of messages there is like 100x faster than here!! hahah!

pebbles

Hi Garfield,
yup yup, such a long week rite...
yeah i will be having my wedding dinner at Grand Copthorne Waterfront, the one with the garden as a backdrop..
happy.gif
i guess the grandball size is ok if u have more tables cos after fitting, it looks just ok and not too pack...
Yr hubby also studied in curtin ah, me too leh, i did accounting and information system...

jul

Jan & Yan,

Guess u gals shd have gone off by now. Have a gd weekend. I'll wait patiently for mine to start 2moro afternoon
happy.gif

A

amosa&w

Hey!
Antares,Pebbles:

We arrive in Singapore on the 1st of Sept 2003. Eight more days before we depart Calgary (we're 14hrs behind here).

mee_mee

Hi

So the list of PS dates goes...

Smurfy 2 Oct
Mee Mee 12 Oct
Pageup 18 Oct
What about the rest?

Now am helping a gf to find out about bridal packages. She is eyeing Irene's Creation but she is really a shy person and didn't want the shop to call her. I have to help her gather info like a PI... so cham hor?

To her, budget is no issue since her hubby comes from very rich family. It is the service that she is really particular about. She wants sales persons who don't press her, and leave her to decide kind. But looking around the bridal industry, most sales persons are very pushy one. Now am trying to survey service level for her. Have already talked to some of the higher end bridal shops like Bridal Veil, Irene's and Ted Wu. I find that asking them as if asking for myself is easier to get info. so no good lah.. gotto tell lie. :p

So strange hor?

mee mee

pageup

Hi Mee Mee,

I think it is very difficult to recommend bridal shops for friends leh.. their expectation may be different from ours.. think the best you can do is accompany her to visit every shops you help her to shortlist lor.

Smurfy, I just came back from first fitting at TC. Alamak, Rick order me to slim down. But I agree I am a bit bah bah, esp my arms, which look like bat's wings.
Took a couple of pictures, will show you all when I figure out how to upload.
happy.gif

babestaurus

Zao An... is a saturday morning!
Hmm...seems like im e only one here at this timing prob Jul will join in later!

Hi Jan,
We wont abandon u in the forum... so don worry! Definitely will share the SECRET with you...

Hi Silver,
Guess Jan is rite... sooner or later u hv to tell (why not tell YC earlier n get over it) since u oreadi confirm taking PP. But prepare for some 'worst' incase she turns nasty...

smurfy

Mee Mee,
Can ask your friend to try Kai loh. My friend really has very good comments on them. But too ex for me liao. Blue Lake should be able to tell you more on Kai. What Pageup said is quite true also, hard to base her expectations on yours too.

Pageup,
Luckily Rick din serve me, else he sure shoot same comments about me cos i also bah bah...tsk tsk... how do you find their workmanship and design so far?

Looking forward to seeing your photos. I so sad, forget to bring my digi cam that day. You can type \image {pic} to post your pic here or you can send your pictures to me at [email protected] if you don't mind.

mee_mee

Pageup & Smurfy,

It must feel wonderful to have seen and tried the gown. Am looking forward to my first fitting. Pageup, I oso want to see leh.... my email is [email protected]

I oso think like you gals and ever told my friend that. But she said she trust me .... what to do? : P

pageup

Hi Smurfy/Mee mee,

Although I'm not an expert in fashion and textile, I think their workmanship is better than those we see in typical bridal studio.

There were few other brides doing their fitting yesterday. All of them except me were slim and pretty... I'm so envious

Er.. the problem I have now is I don't know how to transfer the pic from the digcam to pc.. Hee hee. Will get some expert help. Be patient with me hor.
happy.gif

mee_mee

Hi Ocean,

I have given u exclusive access... but need you to login with your id to access the photoalbum.

Lemme know if still have problem...?

mee mee

B

blue lake

hi all....
long time never come in... very busy with work. =(

seems like everyone is happily taking photos, trying on gowns... i've not even take my measurement yet!! have not even call to make appointment. but Kai told me to take in Sep. very late hor. but my photo shoot is on 12 Dec. i guess i dun have to be so panic now?

Amethyst.... i think $600 is ok lah. i signed up with TG Goh. he charges $1500 without trial. and trial is extra $100. but i heard he's really good. i heard he did makeup for Lina Ng on her wedding...and a few more... cannot remember.

Mee Mee...why is ur fren so extremely shy? Kai is highly recommanded. i'm afraid of pushy salesperson too. so i never step into those shops with these ppl. Bridal veil also very pushy. rude too. so i cancel my appointment with them.

ask ur fren to go Kai lor. just have a chit chat with him. let kai do the talking if ur fren is the quiet type. he always talks and i listen. haha. he is service and product oriented. not sales oriented. anyway, he doesn't employ any salesperson. so ask ur fren not to worry lah.
i heard Ted Wu is not pushy too.

pageup.. i want to see ur photos too!! so exciting!! looking forward to see ur CS.

eighteight

Hi All

l am relative new to this forum ....

My tradition will be at May 2003 ....

l have already booked my bridal package and more or less confirm my dinner venue ...

Would like to ask if it is too soon to start preparing now (another 10 months to go) ??? Wonder if its too early to book appointment with bridal shop now as mine package is MTM ....

Really confused as both me and FH are the first to get married in the family ...
sad.gif

jann

Hello!

Looks like no one will log on tonite..
Anyways, read from pp's thread that pp is likely to increase their prices soon... ever, is ur bro's gf interested in pp, maybe u let her know..
happy.gif

silver, i have icq u.. waiting for u to authorise..

M

mimosatay

Onee,

yeah...u dated very very long leh. marathon orh... when is the almanec going to be out ah? any idea? my friend wants to pick a date for her wedding so that she can book the hotel. Dunno whether true or not, my friend told me that merchant court already book till end of next year. so she got to quick get a date otherwise not in time to book for next year. people even pay extra in order to confirm the dates that are not open for booking yet!

recently I'm pretty lax in my wedding prep, didn't do much, no bridal shows to attend too. my 1st appt is coming soon in Sep. I went to my bridal shop yesterday, and was a bit stressed now, coz i've no idea how I want my evening gown to look like. I'm supposed to come up with a design on the 1st appt. Anyone of u done your gown already? is it common that during 1st appt u are supposed to confirm the design then u won't even get to see the design being drawn out, and the 2nd appt is the mock up already? my coordinator explained to me that the 1st appt is to confirm design, one week later is the mock up. then that means i dun get to see the design and what if I dun like or want some alterations? I feel a bit uncomfortable and unease.

experienced girls out there please advise.

ever

Morning gals!

jan, thanks!! will let her know...

lousy weekend!! supposed to hav BBQ with my frens, but it rained for the whole sat evening...
sad.gif

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

Well well, it's a quiet weekend for me...

Btw, saw advert in straits times on Sat that Her WOrld Brides mag shld be out today! With a sequin bag as a freebie... U gals buying HW mag or waiting for style mag?

silver

Gd morning gals!

Quite a bz weekends for me. Was at fort canning last sat wif my sis n it's so heavy rain. Kinda of spoilt spot. Really cannot imagine if it rains on my big day. -touch wood-

Jan,
HWB n Style will be out at the same time? Most likely will go for style unless HWB has anything worth buying...

Ok going out soon. Catch up wif u gals later.

fantasy

Hi Ladies,

Just to check, when will you gals be meeting your designer to discuss on the design of your gown?? Not too sure wat is a good timeline.

babestaurus

Morning All...

Hi Jan,
Yeah... heard HW bridal mag launched today! Can go book store to take alook before deciding whether to buy or not?

Hi Silver,
What you doing at Fort Canning? Hee hee... KPO! Btw, you spoken to YC and confirmed with PP?

Hi Ever,
Poor thing... the rain spoilt yr BBQ outing. I was at Mt Faber "ALTIVO" that evening, lucky e rain has stopped by then... hee!

jul

Morning gals! It's another blue Mon for me
sad.gif

Had a very eventful weekend : Worked, visited 2 IDs, met for dinne rwith frens, then checked hse for Sun. I've confirmed what defects I want to report, which is a huge relief!
happy.gif

jul

Jan

I'll go for Style. HWB looks like got more articles, which is not very useful. I want pictures of gowns, the more the merrier, so I'll wait for Style.

jann

Hello!
happy.gif

Yvonne, not too sure abt HWB, coz i think it'll be packaged up, so maybe cannot flip thru leh... maybe later lunch time go and look see... hehe..

Jul, good for u, settled the defects part!
happy.gif

babestaurus

Hi Jul,
Altivo is a drinking & dining place up at Mt Faber Cable Car station...
happy.gif

So, hv u settle on which ID or contractor to use? Btw, hv u gotten some quotes for yr hse oreadi?

Hi Jan,
No sure also... but the previous edition i did flipped thru before i bought!

clueless2705

morning gals,

i was invited to a bridal show yesterday last minute, and one of the participating BS is Jul's BS...

Jul, their designs are not bad. In fact, some of them are beri nice... are u able to select your OTR now?? If can, then quickly go and chop those bridal shows pieces...

The show is still on today... but the three shows are at 2pm, 4pm and 6pm respectively... the BS involved are Felin, Fame & Popular BS... See whether u gals are able to make it or not.. I will be there.. took half day off... but i think so last minute, only maybe silver can go...

although there are invites printed, but we just walked in and no one stopped us.. and today is mon, think all the more they won't stop us

jann

Hello!

Jul, maybe u can consider going for the show that yan mentioned.. sounds quite useful to u since ur BS is taking part!

yan, just out of curiosity where's the show held?

clueless2705

oh, sorry forgot impt info...

its at chjims... at the chjims hall.. its part of the Singapore Fashion Week...

jul's BS had their show yesterday, so she may not get to see the gowns today...

garfield33

Hi 88!

Pls don't mind me using short-form nos. for your nickname. ;)

No. i don't think it's early for you to start doin yr gowns now, esp. MTM. Cuz 1st appt - have to discuss thru with yr designer so he/she have an idea of how you like yr gowns to be done, and u have to try on as much gowns poss. so you know which cutting fits u best, d material, etc....
And then there's EG, etc.....

Then the designer takes few wks to design it n do the 1st slip 4 u to try,. etc...then it takes few more wks for ye 2nd fitting, all in all it takes time and it's better to do now cuz u got the time to space out slowly yr appts. Rather than rushing thru later.
And u can look thru bridal mags to have better idea of yr gown.
Hmm...these r just my personal views.... ;0)

May i ask which bridal shop u choose? n dinner venue?

Hi Pebbles! Yea... the ballroom will not look pack cuz can fit in alot of tables.

My FH study medical.