(2004) Brides of year 2004

garfield33

Hi all!

Keann - Hey, same here! My FH and i are on LDR for 5yrs too, inc. now since he's working.. hmm... i wouldn't say it's fun for my case..hehe... though we also talk to each other e.day, but then, also mizz each other alot. Esp. now, with wedding prep. alot of things have to wait for him to come back then can do.

Pebbles - Did you get the latest copy of Her World Brides? Got free bag ar.. not bad. I'm also doin my 1st bridal appt in nov.

88 - Hi! Aiya... it's normal tt you don't have an idea still of which design u really like.. me too! hehe... and also it's until when u go down to yr shop to check out wat gowns they have n you try it on, then u have a much better idea and know if perhaps u might look better in a bustier gown, halter, etc.... Dun worry! ;0) i'm sure u will look gd! Juz remember muz comm. alot with yr designer.
Hmm...can share with us after yr 1st appt how it go? So we can know how's Seletar Broadway services like.

U mean tradition as in? chinese wedding date? Mine is church n dinner together on May 1. PRep.. book hotel already..Nov will book with bridal shop n 1st fitting, hmm... n i bought my shoes already! hehe...know it's abit early, but got taka voucher, so use it lor. hmm... n draft out guest list, budget, etx..

babestaurus

Good Morning,

Hi Jul,
U cant layer yr hair so much cos the grown out hair will be thicker n therefore pong on the top. Is lik tht one la...

Hi Silver,
I oso read e cover page like not much things to see... lucky you feedback to us! Hee hee... can save money liao.

Hi Jan,
Authorised you oreadi... =)
Btw, why need to thk of the gown design before the next issue is out??? Dun quite get wat u mean...

jul

Aiyah, I hate my hair! If I dun layer, I look like Vietnamese refugee. If I layer, it's messy. If I rebond, it's flat at the bottom & pong at the top. *arrggh*

Well, anyway, back to gowns design. Yvonne - got to start the design process in Dec. So by the time the Dec issue comes out, the designer would have started already.

jann

Yvonne, i meant coz we need to think and design our gowns within next 2 months or so mah, so the next issue of mags wont be out yet, so we dun actually need to buy anymore mags after this month's....
happy.gif

yup, layered hair usually quite pong, unless we do rebonding with it...

jann

But Dec is a bit late to start designing rite Jul?? Tot give them abt 2/3 months to do fitting and beadings etc etc before photo shoot?

jul

Jan

Only need abt 1.5 mths to do the gown before PS. So I design 1 mth, actually start in Jan also can.

mango78

Hi Fencnef,

Yup, you are right. I have already pay the deposit for montage for PS and as for Divine, waiting for the october bridal fair.

bÜgz

Hi everyone! My very first post! and yup I'm gonna be a Sept'04 bride too! (or at least that's our plans for now..in fact that's all we have done so far)

Heard of this forum from my frenz n colleagues, and I'm totally overwhelmed by the many discussion and advice! Looking forward to chatting wiv you all! Ü

clueless2705

ladies,

do u think it is advisable for me to take PS in end March to ard late April?? will it be too late??

I know its my peak peak period, but its only for one day rite. so dun think the company will miss me so much rite??

i scare if i take fotos too early, then have to maintain figure for 6 mths.. scarli grow fat somemore, than cannot fit into the gowns liao..

jann

Yan, think it's still ok, at least still got 3 months before July...

Ya loh, yan, gotta maintain figure and everything.. haha.. But our BS like very fast rite.. maybe book too early..

jul

Yan

I think shd be alright. Apparently those all-in-one shops need 2 - 3 mths to prepare the album after PS. Those compass photograophers type need only 1 - 1.5 mths. What type is photospace? If using digital, & no touch up, will be very fast.

My BS told me to take in Mar.

clueless2705

but u gals can still alter the gowns weeks before the AD rite??

for Jan & my case, it seems like after PS, there's no more alteration..

maybe i should check with photospace how long they take to come up with the album..

jul

Yan

What do u mean no more alteration after PS? Got such thing?

Yup u shd ask Photospace how long they need. I think Mar is ok lah. More than 3 mths to ur wedding day.

jann

aiya... i hate it when i type something then cannot post it then gotta retype everything again!!!

Hey yan, i didnt know cant alter after PS leh!! If so, then better not take PS so early rite... how come he doesnt do altering after ps?? then our BS does designs too fast rite...

But photography wise, shouldnt be a problem, 2 months should be sufficient already....

jann

Only told him roughly wat i like.. he say will show us some designs soon, but think can delay lah, wait till we see something that we really want then ask him to re-design again.. hehe.. so meanwhile slowly take our time to find designs and read mags...

forest

Hi doremon,

Dunno leh.. Got nothing to contribute on my part.. then all of a sudden.... nobody post at all!!!! :'(

How have you been lately? :D

silver

Hihi...

Yan & Jan,
Perhaps you gals can neg wif David for final fitting b4 AD? Just in case put on or lose weight?

Jul,
Err.. Dec abit too late rite? Cos you must give the designer sometime to come out wif the design and after which there will b at least 2 fittings b4 PS. And not forgetting Jan CNY...

Yvonne,
I also thinking of having my ps early Mar. I rather b early lor -ks also hahaha

Hey so when r u gals meeting ur bs to discuss designs huh?

silver

Jan,
Wow that's really fast? I still wondering is oct too early. Looks like it's not hehehe

Ever,
Hey still feeling down? CHEER UP!!!
happy.gif

jul

Jan

So early? But u haven't even decided what design specifically right? I think u & yan dun need to buy the Style mag already. Can save money
happy.gif

jul

Silver

I think Oct is early, Dec is just nice. The bridal shop needs 1.5 mths to make the gown. So as long as I dun dilly dally too long & keep changing design, Dec is ok right?

silver

Jul,

Hmm... perhaps you like to check wif TWB? For me I prefer to be earlier lor. Btw, when do you intend to ve ur ps?

poox

hi dear May Brides!!

nice to see this thread getting a little busier.

looks like some of u are already going for your first appointment
happy.gif
that's great!! so envious.
dun worry.....just go round trying on some gowns...u'll probably have an idea of what u like and dislike. then like what garfield said just communicate with your designer to help him/her have a better idea of the type of gown that suit u.

have fun and share your experience ok....take pic if u can
happy.gif

Hi
garfield33:

Wow ... we are getting married in the same month ...
happy.gif
Mi on 22 May .... hopefully l can communicate well cos l am rather shy and my FH is those type that everything also can one ... Will keep you inform after my first appt ....

poox:

When is your tradition? Mi actually quite stress now cos l am renovating my flat at the same time ...
happy.gif
Hopefully everything will turn out fine ...
happy.gif

jann

hihi!!

silver & jul, will still need to buy style mag for ideas!! hahha... will take my time to really decide on the design coz really no idea yet! it's really a headache leh, i mean, i have so many design i like here and there but only can make 1 WG!! it's like choosing BS again, i think it's worse man!!
lol.gif

silver, when are u confirming with pp?? hehe.. Think she work fast also, believe she'll ask u to hunt for some designs for her then she can start liao... Hey btw, did she show u a WG that is just organza on top and she's going to sew some lace on it.. think it's quite nice
happy.gif
Believe her ideas are not bad, u can be rest assured! hehe..

trixie

hi fencnef,
Yup, the 20% discount thingy is still on
happy.gif
will be giving them the cheque on the day the friend who recommended them to me is having her trial makeup. so i get to see mavis' skills too! looking fwd to it
happy.gif

you also booked everything liao hor? you're with ewalking cat right?

mee_mee

Hi Smurfy,

The photos should be taken at Lezen right? I think for my studio, they are pretty strict. Might not allow me to take picture.

How come see gowns but u hide your face leh? : )
I like the WG... nice......

mee mee

B

blue_ lake

hihi...
smurfy... i like ur EG train. sooo nice.

everyone is having their gown.. and i've yet to take measurement. i'm the slowest of all. i've lost my excitement. but after seeing ur gown, it makes me feeling excited again. and looking forward to mine. keke.

smurfy

Hi Mee Mee/Bluelake,

Yes, the photos are taken at Lezen. I think they should allow you to take pics if you have confirm your gown.

eh, i hide my face cos last nite my face looks tired and with dark circles and makeup gone, "no face" to see pple :p .

Thanks for the comments. I am quite worried that gold does not suit my skin color, hopefully with beadings, my EG will turn out nicer.

Wonder if Ocean and pageup had seen the pics. I am taking them down soon. Maybe wait another day
happy.gif

smurfy

Bluelake,

Don't worry, you PS in december, so still got lots of time

Me worried as date for PS gets nearer, see my ba ba figure, really wish to slim down some more.

pageup

Hi Smurfy,

Thanks for sharing your fitting pic. Your wedding gown looks lovely. Too bad, my office pc is lousy, can't see your evening gown clearly ;p

I think your figure quite similar to mine. We don't belong to the slim type, neither are we consider overweight. But don't worry, I think it is not our body size that determine if we will look good in PS, it is more of the photographer's skill and our smiles
happy.gif

Ok.. I promise to upload my photos over the weekend... Sorry for the delay.

fairymoss

mimosatay is also me lah! mimosa = mimosatay = fairymoss. All becoz of the nick being used.

Yeah yeah, when we are using own money for the wedding and everything that comes together with the wedding like flat etc, we have to learn to be prudent abt spending. Not say cannot spend, but spend wisely right? Splurge when need be, and cut on things that are unnecessary.
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan,

Going to PP this weekend. Ya she showed that pc, she seems pretty creative so should be ok lor. Guess it's me lah, still dunno what design I want hehehe

doremon

Hi forest,

At least got your reply....
happy.gif

I have been busy with my ROM preparation. Need to reprint the card insert due to miscommunication.
sad.gif

HOw abt your side? Btw, u still need the candles?
happy.gif

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

Wat a nice cool day, if only can stay home to sleep!!!
Phews, It's already Thurs! Seems like a pretty long week this time!

ever

Morning gals!!

so tired... went home very late yday... not enough sleep... *yawn**yawn*

silver, you going to PP this weekend to confirm? wah, start designing gowns in Oct?? think i'll start in Nov/Dec... dont think my BS will attend to me so early!!

jann

Hi ever, me everyday also not enough sleep! hehe... Though i sleep quite early lah!
Are u still intending to visit more BS to try gowns?

smurfy

Hi Pageup,

Thanks for your comments
happy.gif
wow, so late still working in the office..

Looking forward to seeing your pics with TC
happy.gif

jul

Morning gals!
happy.gif

Silver

My BS said they need 1.5 mths to do the gown. Plus designing, I guess 3 mths enough. I wanna take PS in Mar, coz Feb still rainy season. So actually I start in Dec just nice. Dun wanna start too early, in case trends change drastically & I end up with outdated gown. I'm not very fashion savvy, fashion trends always reach me after a lag time, so better play safe. *hehe*

jul

Jan

U better make up ur mind fast. I think gals are all alike - quite greedy! Want every single nice design on our gowns. But even if it's technically possible, it'll look like Xmas tree!
lol.gif

jann

Hello Jul, think u're right, 3 months for the whole thing shld be enough.. seems like it's still early now hor... But how abt EG, are u going for MTM EG as well? Then more headache gotta think of colour plus design!!!

I still havent tot of when to do PS, prob in late Feb to early Mar.. haha, my hubby was hoping i can hurry complete all these designing and finish off fast so i wont bother him abt all these!!!
lol.gif

Hey, imagine for PS, we gotta buy shoes too! And gotta buy another pair for EG! Think it'll be another headache!!!

jann

Cannot make up mind fast lah Jul! hahaha... ya loh, end up looking at xmas tree!!
I'm just waiting for Style mag lah... urghhh... lost patience!

clueless2705

morning gals..

me also one who cannot make up my mind on the gowns designs...

initially had quite a "firm" idea on what i wanna.. but the more gowns i see, the "firm" idea got shaky...

The 2 days bridal shows did me NO GOOD... now, i like a LOT of designs and trying to see whether can combine all into the gowns or not... scarli later look like rojak...

my bf was like, "you want this, you want that.. but there are only three gowns.. how to incorporate all the designs in???