(2004) Brides of year 2004

jul

Silver

Check whether u got the worm! There's a new worm out, called the Sobig worm. It can be 'caught' by surfing Internet!

So ceramic perm is the small curls kind. I dun think I look nice with small curls. I like the big curls, loose & flowy, very sexy *haha* Like Cindy Crawford type. But that kind must set right?

jann

yup Jul, big perms are nice too... dun ask me abt setting and stuff, me no idea!! haha..

Hey, Yvonne, flip thru the mag now lhe, let us know whether good or not! hehe

babestaurus

Hi Jul & Jan,

Ceremic Perm has got 3 sizes/curl (small, medium & large), provided you not intend to cut hair for a period of time. If not, it wld be a waste to perm just the ends n cut it away after few mths.

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
U wanna me to get "CHAO YOU YU" ya... haa haa! Btw, I've got here past editions Groom N Bride, Style, Wedding Travel & Female Bride! Hee hee......

rabbitwsk

Fenc, understand... now me and hubby want to go get the date ourselves cos we dun wan to wait. Wait her there then no good dates liao.
Where is Divine? Exp?
Go try the Kua la... will look very elegant.

Just me, HOE is directly opp Le Gallerie at Tanjong Pagar.

Cheers.

fencnef

hey labbit..

yah yah..
happy.gif
mi book an appt wif HOE on sun liao..will be gg down to try and see see.. i'm tinking abt MIL's part..is MIL supposed to wear one(black colour) when we, brides wear the red one?
happy.gif

hmm...Divine ah? maybe the price is on par wif le galleria?i didn't go to the shop b4, but frm the magazines, they looked gorgeous..
happy.gif

hey yvonne,
maybe you can help to comment some tips abt divine??
happy.gif

ever

Jan, you "qiao1 huai4" yvonne ah!??! ask her to flip thru mags during office hours!!! hahahahha....

so, now our topic is on ceramic perm....
happy.gif
jul, i liked those big curls, soft perm too!! but, even ceramic perm also make me look older leh...

jul

Ever

I guess perme hair does tend to make pple look older. I think those tight curls are very ugly. To get those Cindy Crawford curls, I think we need to set, cannot perm.

What's a body perm ah? Is it like setting hair?

jann

okok, Yvonne pls dun read ur mag ok! Otherwise ever and Jul will shoot me!! hahahaahaaaa

yup ever, any perms will make us look more mature...

rabbitwsk

Hi Fenc,

Ya, MIL black. I initially wan to get one for my mum but my hubby comment, get for one side must get for MIL too. I think MIL will not like cos may not hv her size la. another thing, he wans me to be the only one wearing kua tt nite.
Ur MIL cantonese?

Cheers.

babestaurus

Hi Jan,

Will bring it home to read slowly and look carefully on the details... hee hee! Btw, do u gals cut out pixs tht u've come across which is nice? I did cos cant be bringing so many mag to the BS rite...

clueless2705

jan, have u told PP?? how to tell??

yvonne, i cant bear to tear the magazines into pieces lei... how?? i also cant be carrying all the mag down... although 99.99% is my bf carrying la...

silver

Hi gals,

Errr not exactly very curly but was told that for the first few days it's like that lor otherwise it wont last. I dare not perm mine too cos will look very old!

Don't think its becos of virus otherwise I can't even on my notebook liao. Could be improper shut down. Sigh... Whenever I press cancel n it will back to window and I can use it as per normal. Weird hor?

ever

hahahaha.....
biggrin.gif
jan, we can only shoot you in this thread...

jul, those saloons always say body perm means very soft, big curls.... think quite similar to setting... but, initially the hair will still look very "permed"!! must wait 1 - 2 weeks for it to "settle down", then maybe it'll look soft and flowy...

yvonne, me tagged all the pics that i liked in one way or the other... but, "bu she de" cut them out leh... will spoil the magazine loh... hahahahha.... true hor, must carry all the mags to the BS....
lol.gif

fencnef

hey labbit..

my mum is cantonese..my MIL is hakka...these 2 dialects quite close..
both of them want to wear kwa during their wedding, but due to the family background, they couldn't loh..so i'm thinking to get both of them to wear...
nt sure if my budget is feasible to get 3 kwas? so need to go to HOE to find out more..
happy.gif

mango78

Hi Rabbitwsk,

Is good to maintain your weight. Then, you will look pretty beautiful on your big day. I'm also trying to cut down on deep-fried food and rice.
happy.gif
But my hubby kept asking me to eat and eat.

Divine is located at mandarin shopping arcade which is at Mertius mandarin hotel.The designer that attend to me during my appt was Kim. She was a very professional designer. Their gowns was really beautiful. Make an appt with them and have a try on their gowns to see whether you have a liking on them or not. I decided to take up Divine is because of Kim's professionalism and a kinda of comfortable feeling that she given me. You must feel comfortable with the designer which I think is very important. If you are interested in their package, I can forward you the package. For your info, they are holding a bridal fair at GCW on the 29th October. You may good deals from there when you sign up on that day.

Hi Fencnef,

Thanks for the comments.

jann

Yvonne, me also feel like tearing out the pics but 'bu she de" leh.. always like the mag to be in one piece, but maybe shld tear out and file it nicely in a folder for our BS!! hehe!

jann

Yan, me havent told pp yet... i just ignore her sms that day then she didnt follow up already, so i didnt bother also.. hahaha! u told her??

But jul, u gotta be careful when u perm, coz some hairstylist wont do something that u want exactly...

fencnef

hey yvonne..

yes, i signed up wif noble hse..btw when's ur wedding day?
happy.gif

i guess also need to exercise to keep urself slim other dan juz cutting down on food intake will be better..and when u exercise u feel happy too..
happy.gif
killing 2 birds with a stone..

jann

she's very on rite.. nvm lah, maybe next time she sms me then i tell her.. or shld i just email and tell her first?

rabbitwsk

Ya, fenc! Got wat u mean! Exercising is very important in body wellness. Me exercise a lot, routine 1 km swim and 10 km power pace... but eat a lot last time... thus put on weight... since food is the problem, then i hv to watch out.. but u know me la! I still food lover, like u
happy.gif

True! Positive attitude is very impt for all things to goes well
happy.gif

Yvonne, dun starve urself lei! I think ur hubby tot so thus ask u to eat... Like us, we enjoy good food, at the same time, maintain weight.

Thanks for the info. i may wan to cfm everything earlier. Its a new FY for my biz and we hv our goal to persuade... will be rather busy...

Will keep u all info.

Cheers.

jul

Yvonne

I only have 1 mag! So not heavy to carry to BS at all. I think after a while, all the gowns look abt the same, no need to have so many mags. And we can't have every single detail we like on the gown, o/w like christmas tree right?
lol.gif

Erm.. think of those long, flowy, wavy hair. Like those always in those trashy romance novels?

jul

Silver

I think those curly maggie mee hair will make us look very, very old, not to mention auntie! *shudder*

The Sobig virus will make u unable to start ut PC once u've shut down. Better be careful!

jul

Ever

Seems like so difficult to get nice hair. When u perm, initially u look a fright. Just when u get used to the nice flowy hair, it grows out! Sigh... Why can't I have naturally soft, flatter hair? Why is my hair so pong? *sob*

mango78

Hi Rabbitwsk and Fencnef,

Of course I know have to exercise. I'm exercising twice a week in my office gym for about 1 hr each time. Feeling great.I didnt try not to eat, juz trying to cut down oily food which contribute to your weight and face problem. My hubby always say I'm too slim, have to eat more. My wedding day actually have not really fixed yet. Most probably will be end of nov 04. Until I settle my banquet, my wedding date will be fixed. : )

fantasy

Hi cubby

Yah man, thrill to know that someone will be as gan jeong as me on that day
happy.gif
It's good to have everything on the same day. My hubby and I want to be more relac so will having our banquet on the next day, on the 7th. We are with Raffles the Plaza. U with Pan Pac rite?? It was one of the few hotels tat we've shortlisted.

Onee,

Yah.... simple one not so stressful. And as you mentioned, the ROM is going to be abt 6 months away. Can save up more some money for the actual day oso.
As for emoticons, me having problems too. only know how to do smiley face
happy.gif
just type in : ). Will let you know when I figure out more.

cubby

hi happy2,

ur welcome!
happy.gif
yup me also gonna call up JP this nov or dec...esp those popular ones better call early!

hi fantasy,
hehe me also quite excited ....actually got lots of things on mind, reno, bridal etc. yup me with pan pac...so ur banquet on mon huh? like tat also not bad...no need to be so tired also...but for us we jus wan to get it done and for all hehe...
which BS u with huh? me now searching for one leh..

oceans

Hi people... me still in office!
30721.gif

Let me do an update...

<u><font size="+2">Date &amp; Venue &amp; Bridal &amp; PS</font></u>
<font color="119911">07th Feb
- Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen &amp; Ted Collection, PS:2Oct

15th Feb
- Blue Lake(Merchant Court), Kai Bridal, PS:12Dec

21st Feb
- Ocean(88 Restaurant),Paris De Bridal
- Pageup(Noble Hse), Everbliss, PS:18Oct
- amethyst (Might be changing date)

28th Feb &amp; 1/3
- mee mee(Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image, PS:12Oct

29th Feb
- Voice(Church Reception at Trinity Theological College, Chapel), White Link</font>

fairymoss

LOL...

Aiyah, mimosa u all know or not? I'm mimosa lah!! I forgot to tell u all, think I told the brides in sheraton thread that I changed nick to fairymoss liao, coz mimosa is taken as by another user who registered before me. So now u all see light yeah?

In case u all forgot or thot I'm another new member to this thread, my wedding date is same as onee and one day later than happy2, same hotel as happy2. Errhh...still dun get it? ok ok, it's 20 Jun 04, at Sheraton.

me not old fashioned, neither am I having a church wedding, but it's coz my good friend insisted in being my bridesmaid. She refused to be ah yee coz she wants to be the distinguished one, different from the group of ah yees. She would be wearing something pretty glam, and would be having a change of outfit at the hotel also as she would be the emcee. I'm not sponsoring the ah yees dresses but wouldn't restrict them to wear white, as long as it's pastel or light colours, i'm fine with it.

this evening on my way back from work, discussed with hubby, and we realised that we got to look for suits for the parents, bros (our siblings) and also a little suit for my nephew who would be opening the car door when the groom arrives at the bride's house. so got to factor in these costs and have to look for a place to rent, unless the tailor where my hubby is making his suit has rental services at affordable prices. Oops...cheapo attitude displayed again.

very headache hor to do all these? Do u all feel the same too?

eighteight

Hi garfield33 &amp; pebbles

garfield33:
l actually look thru quite a few magazine but dun really have ideas what type of gown l really like
sad.gif
My first appt will be on 7 Sep 03 so quite nervous now ....
happy.gif

My bridal shop is Seletar Broadway and my dinner most likely be Novetel Apollo ....

Btw when is your tradition? Hows your preparation so far?

pebbles:

Not really pioneer ... l onoff just sort of shift from this forum to another cos l starting my reno this time also, so need information from all different source ...
happy.gif

Ur 1st appt in Nov ? So your tradition will be at?

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

hehe silver, good to hear that, at least now just wait for style mag... but dunno good or not, coz last issue was the launch mag, so generally will be better....

ever

<font color="aa00aa">Morning gals!!</font>

jul, dont remember yr hair being very pong leh... can try re-bonding loh... me did re-bonding few mths back cos i cant stand the hair so "qiao4"!!

heehehehee.... luckily, we didnt buy HWB... *phew*

onee

Good morning gals,

Fantasy/Cubby : Wah, the hotels you gals choose are hot favourites ah. We are still pondering over hotels but have set target to get it done by next month lor...

Fantasy : Ya lor, must save for wedding day ah. It's gonna cough up to quite substantial amount.

Cubby : How's bridal search coming along? Have you shortlisted a handful for consideration? Set deadlines okie? Cos it's best to sign 9mths prior wedding. You never know along the way when you need to book photographer and make-up artist (if there's a few with the shop), the better ones are pre-booked by other earlier brides liao...

Fairymoss : Oor you are mimosa, so who is mimosatay? Some new or someone who changed username? Of course I remember you lah : ) We'll be feeling the adrenalin rush during the same period, hehe...

Me also not sponsoring Ah Yee's dresses. Will be providing wrist corsages though... Mimosa, you Dad, FIL and brother's suit not sponsored or rent from bridal shop? Are you taking an ala carte gown package like me? Ya hor, I also missed this extra expenditure, thanks !

Aiyah, you gals so ke-qi about being cheapo lah. Guess when we are matured to manage our own wedding especially using our own $$$, it definitely calls for a good reason to be extra careful with spending lor.

I do agree that planning for wedding is very headache. In fact any event is the same. Remember to start jotting down on a notebook for whatever wedding stuff that comes to mind. Let me know if any of you interested, I don't mind sharing my checklist with you but bear with me that it's gonna be lists of list okie, hehe... What to do, majiam at work planning for event mah : )

P.S. no emoticons beri deprived hor, wanna give big big smile in the morning oso cannot, hehe...

fencnef

yo gd morng!

yvonne..
hmm gym..i dun quite like to go to gym,cos' i tink i'm nt very gd in dealing wif the machines..haha..
happy.gif
yah yah, my hubby oso tink dat i'm too slim and tried to make me eat alot, i feel like *pox pox* him..
happy.gif

hey, can i take a look at the Divine's package? pls drop me a mail at [email protected] ! thks!

rabbitwsk..
tink u gotta change ur nick to "busy bee"..hee..
happy.gif

evon..
where r u??
happy.gif
r u busy wif month end nw?

trixie..
u managed to get discount frm IG's actual day journalistic?
happy.gif

jul

Silver &amp; Jan

HWB really no gd? Haha! Can save money then. Just buy one more Style mag, then I'll stop spending money on bridal mags. The next issue will come after I start on my gowns
happy.gif

jul

Ever

I tried re-bonding before. That's why my hair ends are straighter than normal. Then that day I tied my hair, so of course not pong lah. U shd see me in the morning man. Like jing mao shi wang! *sigh* And I layered off 50% of my hair already!

jann

Hey Jul,
i based it on silver's reviews.. so not sure, havent seen for myself.. yes, u're rite, we gotta start designing out gowns before the next issue of mags comes out...

clueless2705

jul, i tot the more u layer, the more pong is the hair??

my friend got the mag liao, so can borrow from her.. heehee... must split cost, if not too siong...