(2004) Brides of year 2004

yvonne

Hi Ever,
Izit something like jap bamboo kinda... can act as a partion between in the living room! Hmm... Zen look rite?

Hey Gals,
Btw, 5/6 stalks of Calla Lily bundle with ribbon for $50 consider CHEAP?

yvonne

Yan,

We "TONG BIN XIAN LIAN"!!! We DIDNT succeed in the balloting also!!! Bf just sms me the sales preference code & I've checked! Nevermind... will look forward to the next WIS this month.
sad.gif

karen

Hi Doraemon,

It was nice to meet up with you again, and thank you for showing me those nice chopsticks, if w/o my FH.I'm sure I'm gonna choose more than 1 design.

Meet up with you soon okie.

Oh I saw ur webbie, nice layout, I show a couple of friends who might be interested, will spread the news for you.

Have a great day!
Cheers, Karen

ever

ya, yvonne!! it acts as a partition!! so smart... me still cracking my brain as to how to explain in words.... not sure if its Zen look though... dont care lah... nice can liao... actually, thought of using orchids too!! so see how loh...

think you need small calla lilies if you're using 5/6 stalks... if not, will look very big!! pricewise not sure though, guess shld be ok...

yvonne/yan, dont so sad... wait for the WIS loh... then you gals can queue together... ya, and silver too!! can be neighbours!! heehhehehee.... Cool!! (",)

jul

Hi Yvonne & Yan,

Dun be too sad. I'll look out for the big tent for you gals this weekend, then u can all take turns with Silver to queue!
happy.gif

Yvonne,

U forgot I'm working where. Must have some advantage out of this job right?

My bridal shop requires $800 to top up for mag style, even more ex than urs ok! *hmmph*

Ever,

I think u've got the best deal out of all of us
happy.gif

jul

Ever,

That bamboo partition thing, does it come with the box, ot it's just bamboo poles only? And 2 m by 0.5 m is very wide & short right? I think my entrance is very narrow, may not be able to fit
sad.gif
How much was it?

ever

jul, 0.5m is the height of the box.... the bamboo is quite tall, depending on how tall you want it to be loh.... no lah, dont put at the entrance... can put it near your sofa, so that when you enter the flat, you wouldnt see yr sofa directly... oh, actually depends on the layout of yr flat also.... some flats might not need a partition... they sell the box and the bamboo... cant remember the price, but not exp loh... cos we very happy when we realise its cheap and nice... plus we need not customise the box!! our initial plan was to custom-make the box and buy the bamboo/orchids...

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Hee hee... good hoh can hv "NEI MU XIAO XI"!!!
wink.gif

Hi Ever,
I thk is pretty nice with bamboo act as a partition at home (if u wan tht kinda of Zen look la)! Saw it in some hotels or jap restaurants...

trixie

Hi fencnef & Evon
At planet Fitness, similar to CFC, you need to become a member lor. The monthly subscription is about $80-$90. But they're always having promotions so you might wanna check out their current rates. The advantage is that once you join, you can attend any class you want. You have the privilege of cardio machines like threadmills too.

But if you sole purpose is only for aerobics classes, then i think it might be better to take up Amore's package since they focus more on group exercises. With planet or CFC, I feel the classes are generally not progressive since at any point, the participant's abilities vaires. tt's why i kinda stopped going for their yoga classes.

Weight training and stomach crunches not enuff leh. You should try to do some cardio like running, brisk walking or cycling regularly to have a more balanced regime
happy.gif

forest

hi ladies...

i've also mia-ed for a long time..... so.. here's my belated posting..

doreamon,
glad tt u hve most thing settled... i actually hve the same feelings as pebbles.... in any case, u shd hve a great experience with beetles@work since they r also a very pro grp of photographers.. pebbles herself hve engaged them.. n the end-result is also very nice pics!!

i hope u will hve a positive outcome for ur location....
happy.gif

silver, rabbitwsk,
wow... so many emails gog on... r u gals starting a biz???? can share with me??? i'm also interested leh... kekekkek
happy.gif

welcome miumiu,
i'm afraid i dun hve any specific bridal studio to suggest to u yet.. cos' i hvent settled my wedding stuffs yet...

however, you prob need to determine ur budget first.. then shortlist a few bridals tt interest u... visit them to try their gowns n view the photos (with a gf.. ).. so tt they cant bother u n bf to sign up immediately... then.. shortlist the remaining ones tt fit ur budget.. n subsequently choose frm there... prob make a second visit to view the gowns n photos with bf.. i hope i've covered it well enuff.. but tt's the general idea lah... kekekek... hope it helps!!!
biggrin.gif

rabbitwsk

Trixie

Sound that u r into sport too? Wow sporty sporty. Hv u try CFC, Mazie's power yoga, i found that the attention is there lei. I enjoy lei... i always follow her.

Last time i used to be with Amore for about 6years, eversince I start working. Almost become their aerobics instructress. But they change team leader thus decided not to join them.
Compare to last time, their standard has dropped cos they lost some of the gd instructress... shirley, ching etc... if u know who they are.

Fenc,
Halrow!! sorry i no sent u the pic yet... tonite, tonite... sorry lei. U fo Planet fitness?

lin

hi pebbles,
I'm fine thank you!
biggrin.gif
nothing much to contributed here coz i'm doing nothing. hehe.. but life here back still the same. this time round, i won't go mad like last sem.
happy.gif
my fyp also finish already. Trying to get back after 1 month of hols. Instead of sleeping with notes or books, i'm sleeping with bridal magazines!
biggrin.gif

jul

Hi ever,

Where in Concourse can I find the bamboo box? Is it at the lobby where they always have exhibitions / fairs, or in a permanent shop? Just wondering whether it'll look weird if my reno theme doesn't match the Jap look... *hmm*

Hi Yvonne,

Aiyah, it just happened that my colleague applied for the balloting as well, that's how I knew. She didn't get it either.

L

littlechillipadi

Hi Trixie
Mind sharing with me your hotel compilation? Have not start a single thing yet. Start to panick liao. Am Planning for Oct customary next year. Now busy with house reno.

thanks a million

cubby

hi onee,
so preparations quite smooth huh..
happy.gif
yah since only 6mths apart so simple ROM can liao...u rom in or out huh?
me now bz soucing banquet loh...hopefully can get customary date this weekend too...

hi fantasy,
i think Raffles the plaza too exp for me leh...not within my budget. me only 22-25 tables so those big hotels quite difficult loh. my budget ard 700-750.

me alot of thing not confirmed so dun noe wat to intro...ROM and banquet will be on the same day in early june. bridal still looking also

trixie

hi littlechillipadi,
Can i have your email addy?

hi rabbitwsk,
hehe..actually i'm not very sporty, but just happen to enjoy yoga alot, and i try to drag myself to gym lor. No choice lah, getting married so must keep in shape
happy.gif

I was with Amore long time ago and joined Planet Fitness about 3yrs ago. wow, you almost become an instructress? steady lah
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan,
Ya glad that they are pretty flexible. Hey I am considering either to ve chair sashes or napkin decor (would be either one) If chair I would do it on alternate instead of every chairs (save $$ do). Decor on napkin very nice too but must check out the cost first.

My sis dun really like rest. Equionox is nice but almost $100 per pax - exceed her budget.

I remember reading somewhere that David works within budget. I believe if you speak to him he can give you some suggestions?

I think you must be blur wif all the gals offering you their bs hahaha but personally I also feel that J&M package very value for $$$.

Hi Jul,
Nv 'psycho-ed' my sis lah just give her more options mah
biggrin.gif

You mean you ve to top up addition $800 for mag style? I tot usually if you ve 40-50 photos they do it foc?

Hi Yan & Jul,
Know wat? I even come up wif ideas of giving guppies (a pair) in small bottle as wedding favour but my bf dun like the idea. I think he is shaking head wif me n all my stupid ideas hehehe

I am trying to find something that is ard rsyc's cost of wedding favours dan I dun ve to fork out $$$.

Hi Yvonne,
Wat kind of wedding favours do GCW provides? Hey if you interested we can share ideas or combine order. Can get better price if we order more hehehe

Not all hotels waived corkage & wine charge. Most hotels the most waived cockage for hard liquid oni. Ya very seldom ve free flow of beer. I only managed to neg for 40L free.

Ya ya I like yellow calla lilies but yet to decide to use white or yellow yet. How abt you? Hey I found out that holland calla lily is bigger n nicer so you might want to check wif the florist.

Hey did I tell you that I drop by whitelink last wkend? Think they ve 3 photographers? Personally find Winson not bad. I told the sales person my friend (you lah) signed up wif them n they offered to give us similar package as urs.

Hi Yan,
Hows ur meet up wif Beetle@work?

Hi Ever,
Hey you ve pic on ur centerpiece? Sound interesting? Issit x to ve calla lily as centerpiece?

Hey IKEA having sale now so you might want to consider getting glassware for ur decor. Actually decor for candle n rose petals v easy oni. Another type is rose in glass. I think I ve the pic, email you gals later. Btw, let me know if you need help for ur actual day decor. I dun mind to help out hehehe

Hi Yan & Yvonne,
Don't be sad lah. Like wat the gals said we q for next wis together lah

Gals, my bf said the same thing when I told him abt decor for napkin. He was like errr if 200 guests means must do up 200 napkins decor? I know its waste of $$$ but .... sigh....

ever

Morning gals!!

jul, you can find the bamboo & box in those permanent floral shops at Concourse.... they sell artificial flowers only....

silver, RSYC very accomodating hor.... can let you change so many stuff..... the sales staff at OCC not very professional, as in not very "on" kind.... so, not sure if they can change so many things for us.... didnt even want to give us an add'l barrel of beer!!! sigh..... think you can get chair sashes, if its within yr budget.... napkin deco sounds nice, but really time-consuming to do so many.... plus you'll be real busy nearer the date and may not hav time for so many nitty gritty stuff....

oh, thanks for supporting my BS!!
happy.gif
actually, most BS expects you to pay more for mag style....

ok, will take a pic of my centrepiece and email you gals.... silver, its not exp although its artificial flowers.... about $45 for the arrangement i bought... some bigger ones will cost more though.... actually, my guestlist is so long that we may not be able to place tables for them.... so, most probably getting chairs only... anyway, its buffet high tea after the ROM mah... so, will decorate the chairs instead.... no tables for me to place the candles+glass+water... heehehehehee....
biggrin.gif

think our bfs can meet up and complain to one another how "mad" we are!! hahahahahaha......

onee

fantasy : Now I see why the marathon, what a treasured relationship
happy.gif

cubby : At this point of time considered smooth since there's so much time
biggrin.gif
ROM in dats y must keep fingers cross that we'll get the date we want loh. So saw any ideal venue as yet? Are you waiting for the Almanac? Izzit out?

pebbles

hihi ladies...

Forest,
nice to see u back here....me also nothing much to contribute but always come in here to kaypo lah..ahahha..:p

Lin,
hey hey, good to know u won't be going mad on us..ahahah...but it's always such a relieve to get your FYP off your load...that is such a big killer rite...damn stressful doing that..
happy.gif
so u i bet u must be having really nice dreams rite..dreaming of how beautiful u will look in your WG..
happy.gif
me also looking forward to my PS liao...will be going down in a few weeks time, u want me to bring anything from spore for u..
happy.gif
and i will sure be popping by Curtin cos hubby miss the kebab there..ahahh...

pebbles

hi poox,
how's life??? i also wonder what happen to all leh...??? me almost done with my guest list too, only left with my in laws side, now updating all my fren's address..
happy.gif

and will be going to check out any gowns for my oz PS this week..
happy.gif
oh and i got my shoes for PS liao..
happy.gif

jul

Hi silver,

My BS requires me to top up $800 for the artwork alone, then there's additional cost per extra pc of photo. Depending on the size, of course smaller photo cost less. I heard some other gals topped up abt 2k to get the mag style album. *faint*

I think you're very creative! Goldfish in small bottles *hee* Quite a cute idea. U can qualify to be a wedding planner already. But what if the fish die from lack of oxygen????

Hi ever,

Permanent floral shop at Concourse that sells artificial flowers. Ok, ok, next time I drag my fiance there to look c. Do you know when's the Ikea sale ending? Maybe can go there to get some ideas for my flat.

jan

Morning!
happy.gif

Now's my turn feeling sick.. got runny nose... urghh...

Hey, u gals know where is the best place to try on gowns? hehe..

yvonne

Hihi... Zao An!

Hi Jul,
Thk Ikea sales ends this weekend! Better go on wkday cos SUPER CROWDED......

Hi Silver,
Ur indeed creative can thk of such wedding favour... PEI FU!!! Yeah like Jul said, skali the fish "KO", how? Not so good sign rite esp LIVE species!!! Hmm... maybe we can start brain-storming for wedding favour!

So you go WL do what? Companying yr sis there? Hv she choosen her BS oredi? Thk there are few photographers in WL (Alex, Vincent & Winson). I choose Alex cos he is the most experienced photographer in WL. Heard Vincent is very joval during PS. Winson nv heard abt him much... hee hee! As for makeup artist i choose Sammi (also most experienced makeup artist). Yet to select my designer... kee kee!

Hi Ever,
Guess you've got the "BEST" bridal package of all!!!

yan

Morning Pretty ladies,

Ever, you paid $45 for each table, and u still say not expensive??? you have not sign on the dotted line for OCC right?? Then u still have the chance to bargain with them on the small small things, like the seat sashes, different favors. But for the beer, dun think they will give in cos its a form of revenue for them...

Jul, if you get your ID or contractor to blend in the bamboo concept into your overall house outlook, it shouldn't look out of place...

Silver, you qualify to be a wedding planner liao..
biggrin.gif
its a very nice idea for the guppies.. but, your assigned person in charge for the wedding favors will have a hard time looking after those fishes, and to carry them to the dinner venue... i just realised that the favors really suit ur dinner venue... sea, water, fish...
biggrin.gif

i like beetles works
biggrin.gif
, especially their collage album for the actual day photos... But, *sign* exceeded budget if i get both actual day and photoshoot... double disappointment in one day... see how first la, bf say he wanna bargain with kelvin first... he becoming more and more auntie... everything also wanna bargain... but good la, can save $$
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I

ino

hi silver,
me only checked my yahoo email yesterday...couldn't access it from office.
;-P

hi cin,
me never ballot lah...could not find the house that i wanted coz it's too expensive (was looking for the bt merah area).
perhaps i will buy resale flat now...actively looking at the resale mkt.

went for my 2nd fitting for my CS...aiyoyo...the seamstress said tat i've gained weight...boo hoo...so demoralising...now i've to go for 3rd fitting. i still got more than 1 mth to photoshoot...so muz try to lose weight...mabbe shld go slimming centre...

how's yr progress wif yr EG?

fencnef

yah rabbitwsk..mi wait for ur pics until my neck long long liao..heehee..no worries lah, i can go to ur hse one day for visiting since we will be staying near each other..
happy.gif

hmmm...i'm tinking to go running after our flat is done up so dat i could go to bishan park to jog..
happy.gif
mi the quite lazy type..
aiyo..where i'm staying doesn't give me any space to jog, cant imagine running around bugis junction wif my shorts and sweaty shirt on..
quite interested in amore or plant fitness whatever leh..as long as the price is reasonable..
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Jan,
Poor thing... so ur on MC today???

Hi Yan,
U forward us Leslie & Nicholas package. How come so CHEAP huh?

Gals, do you thk their photos taken nice???

jul

Hi Jan,

I'm not feeling too good too! Sore throat & running nose. Hope I dun fall sick just when I'm going on leave! so xian...
sad.gif
U take care of urself, long weekend ahead, would be a shame to fall ill now.
happy.gif

Jan, we can go gown trying together *hee* Imagine all of us going to the shop & demanding to try gowns. I think the poor staff will be run off their feet *hehe*

Hi Yvonne,

The Ikea sale ends so soon? Oh no! Dun think I have time to go this weekend. Will be too busy checking my flat for defects & meeting contractors. *sigh* everything happen at the wrong timing :p

Hi yan,

But I haven't decided on the overall concept of the decor yet. What if I go for contmporary look, will the bamboo screen look weird? Maybe I can decide after I meet a few more IDs this weekend.

jul

Hi Yvonne,

It's not really dirt cheap. Imagine $250 svc fee + $25 x 8 rolls = $450. Like Yew Kwang's pricing right? Then u have to pay a lot more for B&W photos. So it's not cheap, just very reasonable. Anyway, I think it's also bcoz they're not established yet. It's like showbiz u know. When u're new, u're paid $20,000 per movie. Then we=hen u get famous, u get $20 million!

jan

Yvonne, actually it's me who forward the email for Leslie to u gals.. dunno good or not..

No never take mc.. so now still at work..

yan...am preparing a list of questions for David, so hopefully can work out something within my budget! hehe..

rabbitwsk

Good morning ladies

Hi forest,

Long time no see... Good?

Yup, running facial and nutrition consultantion at home. What we normally do is to prescribe specific skin care, together food supplement to help our client to achieve good health and skin.
So far, it has been great and we have help many people.

Nothing beats satisfaction with helping people. Anyone interested in such consultantion, can come to me la
happy.gif

U interested in starting biz too? I mail u more info ya? E mail have?

Cheers.

wendylee

Hello all-BRIDES and BRIDES-to-be and NEWBIES!

Yeap... all your seems appearing after much MIAs and so do I!
happy.gif
Yes, also popby a <FONT COLOR="0000ff">HELLO</FONT> to all and everyone here!

*GOSH* Ystd was my 1st paper for 2nd semester... and I still have 2 more to go!!! Very tied up with personal stuffs and my study/exams and not much of prepration to be done for my up-coming ROM so didnt really post in the thread... hope Im not forgoten!

Yippppppp.... so meanwhile go ahead with your postings... me will try to catch up then.... HAHAHAHA!!!

Cheeros!

eggie

hi trixie,

i wonder if you can share with me the hotel compilcation too. Pls email me at [email protected] . My wedding will be in Oct next year and looking for places with around 20 tables. I was going to view the GCW ballroom end of this month too. Thanks a lot.

jul

Hi Jan,

U can try to restrict the material used, forgo the tea dress etc. Tea dress can just buy simple one from shops, so that u can wear after the wedding.

rabbitwsk

Fencf

Good morning! Pai say... last nite i was w my biz client till 11plus. After tt, very tired then pig liao... Of course u can come to my pl (Welcome, welcome!) Still, i will sent u the pic tonite but not early la cos tonite I hv biz mtg.

Good to hear u wanna start exercising cos it helps a lot to keep a person awake and maintain gd health. Next time u can join me for ECP power pace or Mac Reservoir.

Hows work today?
Cheers.

fantasy

Hi Cubby,

I see.. so nice to have your ROM and banquet all on the same day. Wish we can do that too. Wont be having the headache of 'anniversary confusion'.
Ladies, any idea if we should be looking at ROM date as anniversary or the customary date??

Are you looking at ballroom or restuarants?? For budget of $700 - $750, here are some hotels that you can try. Traders, Marriott, M-hotel, Marina Mandarin, Orchard Hotel, Grand Hyatt, Pan Pac, Le Meridian, Crown Prince, Hotel Inter-continental, Concord and Hotel New Otani. But most impt thing is to fix a date first as it's not point following up with a hotel that has no vacancy for the day that u want.
Good Luck!
happy.gif

As for bridal pkg, any budget that you are working on??

yvonne

Hi Gals,
Do you thk some mixer of color &amp; b/w pixs during actual day or all color nicer?

Hi Jul,
Dos yr actual day PS incld b/w photos? Urs is digi rite?

jan

Thanks Jul, yup, was thinking of forgoing the tea dress too.. and see whether can rent WG.. hopefully he's flexible..

pebbles

Ino,
u r already so slim and u still want to lose some more weight ah....dun worry, im sure u will look really good for your PS..
happy.gif
my PS is in 3 weeks time ah and im still eating..ahaha, give up hope liao, think i will never look good lah, now just trying to maintain, dun want to put on weight..so sian lor, will look fat fat in my photos...

cin, forest,
my msn got problem ah, cannot send msg one so forget me if u girls msg me and i didn't respond ah..
happy.gif

wendylee,
of course we remember u..
happy.gif
Good luck for your exams ah..
happy.gif

yan

Jul, u take care too... when u taking leave?? long weekend??

yes Jan &amp; Jul, the whole lot of us can go bridal shopping.. i like to go bridal shopping with gals cos they give constructive suggestions...

actually Jan, we can bring david along, so he will know what looks nice on us, and what not...

Heehee, maybe we can compare our list of questions for david.. he must have tot how come we got the same questions..

i think u may not need a cocktail dress as you already had your ROM, maybe just ask david to do a simple tea dress, or if buy outside is cheaper, then can ask david to take that out of your package.

Do you already have a design in mind for your gowns?? if it is not too complicated, than think can get him to lower the price lor... When are u meeting him??

ever

Hi gals!!

jan, take care, k?? me juz recovered from flu/sore throat/cough too.... went to see a doc last fri...

yan, you confused again!! me bought the flower arrangement for my ROM!! placing it on the table for signing the cert... hahahahaha.... didnt plan anything for actual day.... havent even confirm the date!!
lol.gif

ya, jan... think if the materials used are normal kind, then he might be able to lower his prices!! heehehehehhee......

yan

Yvonne, mixture would be nice.. but last night, i saw Bernard (Beetles) b/w collage album, its very nice, very classic...