(2004) Brides of year 2004

yan

jul,

i tot u booked a bridal package already?? your bf agreed to let u change?? u take care too...

i booked oriental liao, using a tentative date...
if possible, i dun wanna change date.. i like the dates that i had chosen...

silver

Hi Yvonne,
Yes yes the one you saw at GI bridal show. Too bad my mum is not around to witness our happy moments...

Hey you will be surprised that MM package pretty reasonable - because hers less dan 20 tables so is $698+++. Gd thing is it comes wif free flow of beer n no cockage charge even for wine.

ACM is at empress place (the one near fullerton hotel - ops boat quey).

Hi Jan,
Ok thanks!

Hi Jul,
Yaya n since I like to do all the sourcing so I helping her to do all the homework hehehe

Hi Yan,
Calla lily is diff fm normal lily. I think I ve the pic will email you gals.

Hey take gd care ya!

silver

Hey ve email you gals the pic for cala lily.

Yvonne,
Dunno how to copy the pic here so email you gals hehe. Perhaps you want to email us too?

jul

Hi yan,

If the date that u booked with Oriental is gd for wedding, I suppose ur MIL will be ok right? I mean, surely she won't make u change date just because she feels like it :p

I've got bridal package, but doing research to see how much gowns only package will cost. I dun think it's very likely that I'll be able to sell my package totally, so one option is to convert all to photography.

Hi silver,

Good, then u can come along with me to shop for gowns too. Like a weddin gown shopper, part of wedding planning svc. *hee*

yan

jul, sometimes its difficult to understand old people... initially, she is the one who ask us to select either Lunar May or August.. so i selected May... last month, she say must be in August.. *sign* hope that the date i selected is good man..

silver, me too... think we gals can organise gown trying trips together when we need to get more ideas for our MTM gowns. heehee

i heard ACM is a beri classy place.. quite special for a ROM or dinner venue... but think the rental can be quite ex since they just newly renovated...

jul

Hi Yan,

I guess Aug sounds much better than May right? It's the no 8 thing, then the full moon, Chang'e etc *hehe*

yan

i know.. but if i heng heng get the flat in recent balloting exercise, dun know whether will HDB wait till Aug to get my ROM cert... then aug is super hot month for wedding, may not get the date she want also... so must ask her to fast fast get the dates, so as not to get disappointment..

binbin

hi ivory, yeah jojo told me abt it.....c u girls later!
happy.gif

doremon, okie okie no talk abt him kae?
happy.gif
hope the ideas from MT and us helps u in a way..
happy.gif

soupie...hehehee...no lah...i wun really scold him. just tell him dun post mesgs liao...coz his words are so not like him...he can't write lah hehehhehee......

jul

Oh yeah, which reminds me. I haven't told HDB that I'm not getting married till Jul. *haha* Nvm just tell them when I get the keys. If they dun like, they take away my flat lor. *hee*

When will the balloting results be out? Keeping my fingers crossed for you
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jul & Yan,
I dun mind. It's always better to go gown shopping wif gals cos they can give better suggestions.

Jul, I told my sis I am her foc wedding planner
biggrin.gif

Yan, Oh yes it's a very nice n classy place. The rental is $2600 (for indoor) n $1200 (for outdoor). We ve calculated - if she is going to rent only the indoor per pax (taking into consideration of rental of venue, tables & chairs, food, decor, wedding favours) $65-$70. The only disadv is only buffet allowed cos they do not allow cooking in the venue and the place can hold ard 16 tables only.

yan

wah, thats quite ex right?? silver, your sis dun like the usual hotels or rest??

i hear the Spore Art Musuem also quite good, got glass room.. spacious and classy.. just that they are building the circle line, so its quite messy on the outside..

she can also try the lodge at the bird park.. heard that it oversees the flamingos and that the food there is quite nice also... then at night, when the flamingo pool lights up, its very pretty...

jul

Hi silver,

Really? Then next mth when I've started reno, I call you to go gowns shopping with me. Promise? *hee*

Is ur sis looking for a venuw alternative to hotel & restaurants? Hmm.. Seems like u 2 sisters have similar tastes *hee*

fantasy

Hi Mimosa,

Ya ya... since everyone's kind enuff to share their info, guess I've got to follow suit too
wink.gif

It's a bit too early to start any preparation as the actual big day is still about 10 months away moreover my FH and I have been busy with our renovation and furnishing. (Coming straight to the point, it's plain laziness on my side as well. Giving myself excuses to push things back.
embarrassed.gif
Do you gals think I will be in time if I start working out to tone those "body fats" next year??

Many asked me why choose to do our banquet on a separate day. Well there are a few reasons to it.

Firstly, we both have got big families so the tea ceremony alone will take up lots of time. To have our banquet on a separate day would allow us to be more relax on the actual day. FH dont want me to be a stress-up bride
uhoh.gif
Imagine sleeping only for a couple of hours the night before and having to 'tong' till past midnite the next day... think it's going to be too much of a torture for me... I will be too tired by the time dinner starts to have any glow on my face. The only downside is that everyone's got to leave early as the following is a wkg day.

The second reason got to do with the cost... it's abt $100 more ex per table if I do it on a Monday as compared to Sunday. Judging from the no. of pple that are on our invite list, it's going to be a huge difference. The dishes are going to be the same anyway.

The last reason is probably the least substantial. Once heard that it's better for the couple to sleep on their own bed on the day of their wedding rather than to leave it empty. Though our home is over 90% completed, being brought up in a tradditional chinese family, we'll only use it as a weekend house and not sleep on our bed until after our customary. (Instructions passed down by our folks)

Questy,

I think you are lucky. At least it shows how excited your MIL is or she wouldnt have gone thru all the trouble.
The ultimate qn is will your PIL be staying with you and husband after marriage?? Personally I would avoid at all cost, at least for the first 2 years of marriage... need some space for intimate moments with my hubby
embarrassed.gif
Know what?? I've already got a couple of sexy lingerie ready... hahaha
biggrin.gif

trixie

Hi Ladies,
Sry, long time never come in here. Can't come too often during office hours
happy.gif

Hey rabbitwsk,
You're one active gal! You must be very toned
happy.gif
I like fencnef's hubby, got water phobia. So the only exercise i do is yoga
biggrin.gif

Hi Yvonne,
I went to view HIPV. I personally didn't like the ballroom design lor. I feel it's more old english style with lots of floral wallpaper with wood panels. I still prefer M Hotel's simple cosiness
happy.gif
But the coordinator is really friendly, nice and honest! Her name is Jasmine.

As for GCW, i've yet to view their new ballroom so can't comment. Do you know if it's completed already?

jas

Hi binbin,

Actually I quite like bustier gowns too. But it seems tat I look not so nice in them.

Hi sunflower,

My WG is ballroom gown type, with slight can-can inside. As for EG,, dunno how to describe it. Greenish-blue in color, not tight-fitting with a bit of flare from knee down. The neckline is heart-shaped. My bf likes it cos it's quite oriental yet modern-looking. I'm ok with anything, so long as he likes it....
happy.gif
I'm in HR line. Changing jobs is not difficult, so long as you are not so choosy!

questy

Hi cubby,
I'm also not sure of the layout of the resturant, think it's at OCBC Centre, dun care liao lah, jsut go look see then decide on EG colour, mayb get black! Sure elegant one! Ha...!

No lah, FH will not source bridal package for me, he just said none of the bridal boutique has nice gown, he super not interested leh, headache man!

Hi fantasy,
I dun think i can avoid FMIL to come staying with us, cos she already prepared a room for herself liao! ah....! she even 'booked' the common toilet for herself, ha...!

The reason is tat she has thrown in $$$ for our reno, really throw man! Think it's a way to avoid us for not wanting to stay with her loh. FFIL is very sentitive man, he said will only come during weekends to stay, but dun knw how true, cos MIL still has the final say. What choice do i have? Just close both eyes and shut my ears when she come loh, or stay in work place till she goes to bed, he.....!

Intimate moments? Still dun knw yet, if MIL makes me angry, i'll kick FH off the bed! Ha....!

onee

Fantasy : Harlo Harlo... Join us in the chat lah... OIC why u split ceremony and banquet into 2 days liao. Wah u r counting down the months liao huh
biggrin.gif

Questy : So you've narrowed to 2 choices for wedding package? Har? Then what is deemed nice gowns in the eyes of your FH? Go along that line for your selection lor. Good oso lah, you decide your preference. Be sure to ask about any possible restrictions he might be particularly "eye sore" with (eg. revealing too much, too transparent fabric, etc) Good oso lah, 1 thing down the list liao hor
happy.gif
Try to "ren" a bit lor, "one eye open, one eye close" lor. If it gets out of hand, ask FH to tok to MIL to give some space for your barangs can? Do you have a study room or cabinet for your barangs?

Girlfriend : Harlo... Is the pinkish beige shoe for your wedding gown(white) ? Guess as long as it is pastel / faint pink or pearly white, it'll go well. Most importantly if you "kan de shun yan"
wink.gif
BTW., what is the colour of your evening gown? Can match?

Cubby : Ya lor, whenever I get very "bek-chek", I psycho myself to count my blessings that she doesn't interfere with wedding prep and changes everything to her liking. At least she don't buak bo-do loh, hor?

silver

Hi Yan n Jul,
They are consider usual hotels too (rest is out) but as they only ve ard 16 tables so not many hotels can accomodate.

Yan, we been to SAM but like wat you said the construction really spoilt the ambience and they can hold up 12 tables only. But compared to ACM, my sis n I find the later nicer.

Jul, actually it's me who come up wif ideas like SAM & ACM. Basically she keeps her options open lor. I am her wedding planner mah
biggrin.gif

silver

Hey gals,

Like to share wif you that today I spoken to the sales mgr from rsyc re change of wedding favours n decor of the place. Happy that they are pretty flexible n accomodiating cos I would like to change from chocolate to something else. The mgr said if I want to change to chopstick for sure no problem but if others I can top up the diff. He allows me to source on my own n at the same times he is keeping a look out too.

I also requested to ve decor on VIP chairs at their account. I told him I like to decor the table but he advised me not to spend too much on centerpiece as it will be removed once dinner is served. I told him I am considering to put small glass wif rose petals n candles in it on all tables - small one so that it can be remained at the tables thro out and very kind of him that he actually said that he can replace the centerpiece wif the glass wif rose petals n candle. He will put rose petals on tables under their a/c too which mean I can save up quite a bit hehehe Think the only thing I need to pay is if I want to decor the pillar of my marquee n napkin (if I want to)

jan

Morning!
happy.gif

Silver, good that rsyc is flexible.. so now guess u're going to scout for wedding favours hor.. But wat the manager said abt the centrepiece is true, dun waste money on that, it'll be there not for long... U must be so busy planning for urs and ur sis wedding at the same time! hehe..

Now i'm thinking whether i shld pay for alternate seat sashes or not, u gals think it's necessary to pay more for it? well, of coz it'll be nicer with sashes lah, but dunno whether shld or not leh.. Jul, do u remember the wedding u went at Mandarin, do they have seat sashes or just white covers for all chairs?

Hmm.. silver, if ur sis wanna choose restaurant, she can try Grand Shanghai.. hehe.. Or the China Club at Capital Tower.. Seen it from magazines. Or Equinox if she has the budget.. All these shld cater for her no of tables..
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

I'm going to view their ballroom at early sept. Have to call the coordinator at mid-august to make appointment. At the mean time, waiting for the sept issue bridal magazines to see if there are any incoming hotel promotions, so that I can get more free perks from there. For GCW, there is a promotion till end of sept if you confirmed your booking. The promotion include $8 off per table, one night stay for helpers, 1 20L barrel of beer free for weekday and 1 30L barrel free for weekend and wedding favours. They might be having a promotion at October as Divine is having a bridal fair at GCW. So, I'm looking up for the sept bridal magazine.

doreamon

Hi Bin BIn,

Nice to meet up with you and karen yesterday night. sorry to keep u gals waiting as i was caught in office due to some issues. Let's meet up again next time
happy.gif

jul

Hi Jan,

The wedding I went to had only white seat covers. But becoz Act I has a lot of flowers, pavilions, etc, it didn't look plain at all. In fact, if the couple had added sashes, it'll look like Christmas Tree! But I'm not sure how Belvedere will look tho.

Did u check how much the sashes will cost? If it's not exorbitant, & helps to add to the mood, then why not? But they can't be too ex, or too unnoticeable, o/w no pt right? :p

jul

Hi silver,

Oic, 16 tables is not a lot. Small intimate places would be gd, or it'll look weird in a big ballroom w/ the sparse tables. So, u were the one who 'psycho-ed' ur sis into the 'alternative' venues. *haha*

RSYC is so flexible? I used to like chopsticks / potpourri, but over time, I prefer chocolates. Also dunno why, but I just think that some guests will look at the chopsticks, take them, then throw them away. Can't help thinking that, coz my mind has this image of my relatives using the chopsticks to eat instead! *arrggh* So might as well give them chocolates! Chopsticks & potpourri are wasted on them!

What decor are u thinking of for VIP chairs? Sashes? Will look very nice!
happy.gif
But dun u worry that the petals will be blown away by the wind?

girlfriend

Onee & Cubby, ya its pinkish beige for my white WG. I love the shoes alot.... err... I havent chose a color for my EG.

If its really not suitable, I will get another pair.

Btw, anybody needs contacts for AD photography or AD videography, email me oki, esp for videography cos' my lobang is really cheap.

yan

Hi Silver,

Glad to hear that RSYC is so flexible.. It just make planning so much simpler... Same as Jul, I used to have a lot of ideas of what to give as favors... dun really like the traditional chocolates...

but, subsequently realised that those favours can add up to a substantial amount... my bridal has already burst budget, dun think my bf can take another shock if i tell him, i wanna incur additional expenses on favors... so most likely, stay with whatever the hotel is providing...

Silver, your sis can consider Oriental if she does not totally rule out hotels... they have this Ariels/Taipeng Suite on the 5th floor.. its not a very big hall, and the atmosphere there is pretty cosy and nice. heard it overlooks the harbourfront.. speak to my coordinator, Melanie... she is a very nice lady, beri easy to talk with & bargain...

Jan, how much does your hotel charge you for the sashes?? is your hotel marina mandarin or mandarin at orchard?? if it is the one at marina, then its pretty close to Oriental.. if we have the dinner on the same day, then we get david to shuttle to and fro the two hotels.. should be quite cute to see that fat man run... heehee... i so mean... haahaa..

pebbles

Hi ladies..
happy.gif

sorry for MIAing for such a long time and i see lot so things happening....

cant really remember all the postings in the earlier parts except for Nick goh's postings...even though im not involved in the whole thingy,personally i think nick goh's posting kind of make things worst like what soupie mention 'yue miao yue hei' and i cant' remember if i read it correctly, i think doremon mention he doesn't charge other couples the extra charges rite so if that is the case then why is he chaging her ah...that part i dun understand and as what nick goh claim, he's begging his so call "Pro Photographer to serve her on her very Special Day" i still dun see the need to charge that extra amount of cash....
just bcos doremon's rom is on a sunday, for your infor, the photographer which i have engaged for my rom is also a professional photographer and my rom date happen to be a very hot date and falls on a sunday too and there wasnt such surcharges for me. I guess i really wont recommend any of my frens to him at all after what happen to doreamon but thanks for sharing it with us.

Doremon, i thought u settled yr photographer liao but i guess u had a change of plans and im sorry to hear u have to deal with such unprof person...i know both binbin and soupie used him and is very happy with his service but personally i was never impressed with how he advertised himself thru all those batch mails...
but im glad u have settled everything liao and can be a pretty and happy bride on yr big day..
happy.gif
As for your rom location, i think what MT suggested is really good, u can still have a very nice garden wedding, im sure your close frens and relative wont mind being under the hot sun for just 15 mins, i had mine at my parents place and it was also very hot on that day but i think most of my guest had a wonderful time..
happy.gif

do keep us updated..:")

Lin,
hey hey, how's life man..??? so how's your wedding prep coming along??? should be doing fine rite cos u got a WP to help u out...do keep us updated .
happy.gif

yvonne

Morning Ladies,

Hi Yan,
SERIOUS! The Tong Shu is OUT!!! Oh, we better act fast to get the date and confirm our venue before is TOO LATE!!!

I wonder will i get the recent balloting for Queenstown anot? Hmm... stl hoping that Punggol/Sengkang will hv WIS this month! ** PRAY HARD **

Hi Ever,
You waiting for the TONG SHU also rite?

Hi Silver,
I'm sure you can be a good wedding planner for yr sis (resourceful and persuasive)... hee hee!

Btw, I also wanna the wedding favour to be diff not the usual cake/choc! Prob chopsticks, popourri, teddy bears, candles or soap..etc

Hmm... the centre pc can be quite romantic when yr guest seated while waiting for the bride/groom to march in and dinner to be served. Can also ask the Mgr to dimmer the light to make it more obvious and create the atmosphere!

Hi Jan,
Sashes for chair tot is only for VIP table? Norm chair just hv a white/beige seat cover rite! Thk the deco like flowers

jul

Hi yan,

What's Oriental giving for favours? The last time I went, it was one milk chocolate in the shape of a fan. Is it still the same?

Sheraton is giving us either chocolates / potpourri. Think I'll stick with chocolates. If the guests dun eat, I can bring back to my suite to eat! *haha* Anyway, favours is for the guests, no pt spending so much on them. Esp when they're old relatives u dun know
sad.gif

Hi Yvonne,

I'll keep a lookout for you if I pass by Rivervale Plaza this weekend. If got white tent, I alert u ok?
happy.gif

jan

Hello!

Jul & Yan, mine's at mandarin orchard and they charge $2 per piece, so i was thinking of alternate seat, it'll come up to abt $200, worth it?

Haha yan u very mean ah..haha, but too bad mine's at orchard, so if we're on the same day, dun think he has enough time to travel to and fro..haha.. Maybe shld ask him which other make up artist he works with first..

hmm.. ever on leave?

yan

Morning Yvonne,

there is a thread at the banquet section on the tong shu... i read from there... not too sure accurate or not... if not, dun scold me ok... me only messager...
happy.gif

jan

Ok, if the tong shu is out, Yan, can u just let me know whether 10 Jul is good date or not after u have checked.. hehe..

Yup Yvonne, the VIP will have sash already, just that thinking whether shld put it for others too..

jul

Hi Jan,

I know u're at Meritus Mandarin lah *hehe* $200 not a lot of money. It's like additional $1 per pax, not too bad right? But of course must see the effect of the alternate sashes in the ballroom.

I think maybe ever is having interview again?

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Thanks thanks (@.@)

If the hotel charged EXTRA for 'SPECIAL' favour then is no point provided is FOC... kee kee!

Jul, Ever & Jan,
So envy u gals oreadi got a flat ready! I'm worrying that i won't be able to get my ideal flat by end of this year and reno done before my wedding day... Errrhhh!
sad.gif

Hi Ever,
Must be on-leave going for interview again... hee hee!

Hi Jan & Yan,
So both of you getting the same wedding date or same David... kee kee???

Jan,
Are you going to find shifu to look for auspicious date?
$200 for alt sashes seems quite ok!

Yan,
Lunar 8th month is really PEAK so hv to act fast if u intend to change!

Hi Silver,
Tot most hotel waived corkage & wine charge? If is free flow of beer, is quite worth it hoh!

Heard from my friend... they said invite more friends & colleagues better cos better angbao whereas relatives usually will LU KI!

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Yeah, I wouldn't wanna pay more for my guests' favours anyway. I know from experience, that I dun remember the favours when I get home. I'll remember the event itself, the thank you speeches, the food, etc. But then, of course it depends on whether the guests are mostly relatives / frens. If relatives, forget it!

Dun worry abt the flat. I asked 1 or 2 IDs, & they all tell me that they need 3 wks to do design, & 6 - 8 wks for reno (for premium flat). So the whole process will take abt 2 mths. If u get premium flat, the reno is faster, but if it's std flat, will take a few mths. Quickly grab a premium flat in the Aug WIS!
happy.gif

jan

hey!

Yup $200 seems quite reasonable, but my bridal already sort of bust budget so now still thinking whether shld add sash.. Hmm.. Hubby was asking me still got any other bridal more within our budget or not.. sighs..

No Yvonne, wont be going to any shifu, well, i'm just curious loh abt whether the date is auspicious or not.. hehe..

jul

Hi Jan,

Have you considered the all-in-one bridals? It's not that bad if you do ur research & get a reputable one. Can save lots of money. I guess ur bridal is ex bcoz ur gowns can be kept, not on rental. Or what abt asking David whether he'll do the gowns on rental instead, then cut cost?

My actual day photographer also bust budget
sad.gif

doreamon

Hi Pebbles,

No...i already settled with Beetles@work after i met up with Nick and then just recently i was informed abt the no surcharge for a sat ROM package so i thought very funny and decided to raise my doubts and unhappiness here. That is the whole story.
happy.gif

So i did not change plan, still stick with beetles@work. Really counted myself lucky, :p

yvonne

Hi Jul,
You sounds like selling HDB flat... "Quickly grab a premium flat in the Aug WIS now"! Haa haa......
lol.gif

Hi Jan,
If you got budget constraint, thk get the all-in-one better can save quite abit. Then the EXTRA cash you can top up to either photographer or other things!

You know alot of small little things which we cant budget now... add up can be quite alot. So save abit here & there wld really help! That's what my bf & I was thinking... don't need to be SUPER good quality or GRAND as long as what other hv we hv can liao! Hee hee......

Hi Silver,
Thanks for the email on calla lily... I see is all YELLOW CALLA LILY, your choice rite?

Hi Yan,
Now you know what calla lily looks like? Nice?

jan

Well, ya loh, see wat hubby says again.. sighs..
Coz initially our budget for bridal is 3.5k..
Nope, dun think David will do for rent..
But actually he isn't ex if u compare it with silverlining or Dang, package wise very similar, and price is $3888 and $3988, so isnt it better to take David plus like his personalised service.. But of coz the all in one is cheaper..

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
Wow..where did you get all those info on GCW's promotion? Me hoping there'll be some promotion for M Hotel
happy.gif
Lemme know if you hear of any hor!

Hi fencnef,
Yeah...cos i can't swim lor! I can't even snorkel unless the water is very shallow and very clear. If i can't see what's in the water, i'll just freak out.

Yoga is really fun and challenging. It gives immense pleasure when you can finally do a certain posture and can work up quite a sweat too
happy.gif
I have yoga lessons in the office gym (conducted by Aisah from Kryoga) and sometimes attend yoga at Planet Fitness (less often now though). Really enjoy it.
happy.gif

jul

Jan,

It's true that David isn't very expensive, just that keeping the gowns adds a cost. It's too bad that he doesn't do rental, or can remain w/in budget already. Have u asked him if he does rental?

jul

Hi Yvonne,

It's true that there are a lot of small things that we haven't budgeted for. Like the angbaos to be given out on the actual day, cost of church rental, church deco etc. *sigh* Think I'll go bankrupt! *hee*

Aiyah, I'm not selling HDB flat. It's just that for young couples like us, the most we can afford is HDB / EC. And gd flats are limited, better grab b4 they're all gone *hehe*