(2004) Brides of year 2004

yan

thanks Jul & yvonne...

then i must have screw up his plans... i took my half day leave last minute... then i think he made arrangements to send both items to my house...
blush.gif

yvonne, the manicure voucher is until 20 Aug only lei.. will it be too early for you?? btw, give me your postal address over email, i send it to you...
happy.gif

jul

Yvonne,

Your bf having bday next weekend issit? Oh, so u have aerobics 2moro.

Yan mentioned voucher, then I suddenly remembered the HWB massage voucher. It's not expired yet issit? Must go home & check!

Yan,

Oops! He must have panicked when u took half day leave. Then the poor delivery man dunno where to send the gifts. *hehe*

ever

hahahhaa..... everyone so confused!! ok, jul.. you check if you're free on sun... yvonne, are you free on sun?? or you hav to accompany bf?!?! heehehehhee...
happy.gif
me not free tmw too...

ok ok... let me try to explain again... i hav a 8R 9-in-1 pic with white borders... so, i think its bigger than 8R and its definitely a montage!! the other is originally a big portrait (cant remember the size) and we changed it to 3 small individual pics with a single frame.... that means the pics are placed side by side with borders separating them... hope i didnt make it more confusing!! hahahaha...

yan, happy birthday in advance!! guess yvonne's rite about yr bf.... dont think he'll remember the wrong date lah!!

jul

Hi ever,

Fimally I know wht u mean already! The 9-in-1 is a tabletop with small photos overlapping, etc. And the big portrait is something like 3 8Rs in 1 horz frame. Yeah, not confused anymore
lol.gif

yvonne

Hi Rabbitwsk,

Me too. Still seeing seeing. Going to ST and Oriental tomorrow. First priority to ST but if my no. of tables are not been able to meet their requirement,most probably will see GCW first, if we both like it, might take their package cos there is a promotion which end at end of september. So, which are the places that you are in mind with?

Weekend. So happy that is weekend again. Saturday will be busy going for appointments and sunday have to stay at home for the 7th month praying. Weekend will be gone like that.

silver

Aiyo so confused now hehehe

Yvonne,
Wish ur bf happy birthday to him too! Btw did I tell you that my bf finds ur bf quite familiar?

Yan,
Advance Happy Birthday!

Hey your bf very sweet already. Cannot pull his ears lah
biggrin.gif

rabbitwsk

wow romantic lei... keep up the romance!

Me no movie goer... last show watch is NEMO! Its very touching... i nearly drop tears again... my hubby was laughing then. I very lousy in controlling tears one...I think one of these days when we all meet together, u will find that my character da match w my look :p

Cheers

ever

Jul, think you confused about another thing now!! yvonne's bf's bday is today, issit?? not next week lah.... she might be going M'sia next week... thus, cant make it....

fencnef

yah me too me too..
happy.gif

i oso leh..i was struggling to swallow back my tears..try damn hard leh..& the whole movie is soo nice..i felt myself diving wif the fishes like dat..
no romantic loh...juz go out & find some place decent 2 eat, other days we da bao bk and eat liao..heehee..
happy.gif

jul

Ever,

NOOOOO....!!!! I tot I got it very clear!

1) Yan's bday is 2moro
2) Yvonne's bf's bday is next week

Am I confused again????? *aarrggh*

yvonne

Hi Yan,
Thanks for the offer but i dun need to use it before the expiry date! Maybe you can give it to some1 else...
Hi Silver,
Thanks... will tell him all of you wishing him HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Really? Hmm... maybe next time we can get our bf out for gathering as well... haa haa! U noe (guy aside, girl aside) then they hv their own topics we hv ours.... kee kee!
wink.gif

Hi Ever,
Now i fully understand the montage part of urs. Mine also changed the portraits to 3-in-1 frame kinda! The 9-in-1 is a montage, sure veri nice!!!

I think u gals go ahead to Margaret Bridal, just share with me how u gals feel abt her gown! Hee hee...

Hi Jul,
My bf's birthday is TODAY la! Haa haa... thk can give u NICK liao "BLUR SOTONG"

yan

jul,

i think yvonne's bf bd is today, mine is tom...
next week yvonne not free, cos she say its national day, so wanna pei bf, and thinking of going m'sia..

silver, how come your bf got see silver bf lei??? me kpo..
biggrin.gif

ever, yalor, maybe shouldn't be so fierce to him anymore... afterall, its his yi fan xin yi... must sayang him more often... heehee...
biggrin.gif

yvonne

Hi Yan,

U must be another BLUR SOTONG!!! Haa haa... is me (not Ever) who saw silver & bf! So coincidence we bounced onto each other at Kallang Cove the other time! Tht was before we gals met up at Suntec... I oredi seen Silver & her sis once at the Graceful Image Bridal Show at Hotel New Otani.

Hee hee... hope u gals understand!!!

fantasy

Hi there
bounce.gif

I'm a June 2004 bride too. Customary fixed on 6th June and banquet on the 7th.

Details to share:

(1) Banquet Venue: Raffles The Plaza
(2) No. of tables: 55-60
(3) Bridal Studio: Frederick Lee Bridal
(4) ROM date: 30 May 2003
(5) Customary Date: 6 Jun 04

rabbitwsk

Aiyo Fenc, u also same as me... hee... U dive? the last trip to Redeng was good... we snorkle, see lots of fish and very excited. Me n hubby nature lover... u lei?

U now staying at Serangoon right? After ROM, u and ur hubby stay together? Me now only go over at weekend... n become weekend maid :p busy w hsechore... u always da bao? Not so gd for health lei... try cooking something already?

Softcopy i sent u tml... in my own lap top...
Cheers

jul

Yvonne,

Oops! I'm really blur. Maybe that's why I dun eat sotong, coz it's like my kind!
lol.gif

Yan,

Hmm.. I think we're relatives...

cyn

binbin.. so surprised to see u there... spend $$ at BI.. bought derma clay, ultra calming & mutli-active... heart pain arh... probably wil go for the trial next week.... are they open on PH?

forest

A&W,
ya... $1.99 closed down due to losses tt they incurred... apparently.. they expanded too fast.. n were making losses on shops tt were located in prime locations.. prob their earnings doesnt cover the rental???

silver, fencnef, doreamon, A&W...
wah... i think alot of ppl very interesting in WP biz.. actually, its also my dream to b one!! kekekek... but like A&W.. i find tt locals r not really into the WP idea yet.. wld rather do things on their own... it cld also b partly becos of the high costs already incurred for wedding.. so, engaging a WP wld increase the cost as well..
happy.gif

cin_p,
wah... decide to go for the trial liao ah??? heard tt the BI promo for this mth is 6+2 sessions... dunno how true.. cos' i hvent seen the actual promo..... go chk it out!!! hahaha.. if eventually, u take up the pkg.. u'll spend even more $$$
lol.gif

binbin

hi Ino, send u the hp number liao! Thanks girl!
happy.gif

fencenf, mine is on 20 march....
happy.gif
hope u enjoy the thread and the wedding planning progress. can see u have hit it off beri well here...hehhee..planning on a business huh?
happy.gif

Cin_p, so u bought 3 full size products huh? din consider the basic starter kit meh? that one cheaper mah. but then they dun have the 3 products together one...
happy.gif
u bought derma clay? i tot jo said ur skin sensitive...derma clay is for sensitive skin huh? not sure whether they open on public hols...but they are beri nice and flexible. if u tell them u are only free that day, they will accomodate you one! hehhee.... let me know whether u like it after the trial yar..
happy.gif

fencnef

i dun dive..but i love nature alot...alot..
happy.gif
esp. the creature frm the ocean...i can't dive so i watch documentaries loh..how i wish can learn loh..
happy.gif

you dive?? so nice..but my hubby is terrified of water..haha..i dun think i can persuade him to touch the sea water..
happy.gif
but we like the sound of the waves and beach, we do hang out at the beach..

i'm staying at bugis..we occasionally stayed out to camp at east coast...we are one of the tentage campers there...hee..you may spot our tentage at east coast loh..
happy.gif

silver

Jul passed the sotong virus to Yan?
biggrin.gif

Sian later still ve to go back office on meeting. Hate meetings on fri nite!
angry.gif

Hi Yvonne,
So how r u gg to celebrate ur bf's bd?

Hi Yan,
Ya ya must sayang him more n hopefully more surprises for ur hehehe

rabbitwsk

Wow! I think we are the same same... like nature. so ur photo shot also nature-oriented?

Oh is it! we go East Coast for power pace every sunday! Which area do u punt ur tent... but how to recognise u?

I no dive but i swim everywk. Oh! My hubby got a bit sea sick so cant really do too happening sea sport too.

Cheers

fencnef

we don't go to east coast every weekends liao cos hubby is having reservist nw...
happy.gif

maybe once in 3 months like dat..i'll let u noe when we are going..

wat is power pace? sounds interesting..hehe..
happy.gif

fencnef

hi guys..

i tink WP's role can modified by providing wedding favours and services, and coordinating at the same time..
happy.gif
like dat returns may be higher..

hi binbin..

ur wedding 20 march ahh..actuali quite close frm nw..how izzit? u booked everyting aldy?
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

fenc

Aiyo, u no see what i write... i say tomorrow then sent u pic cos pic in my lap top.

Power pace is power walk... we always pace for 10km. sometimes my hubby run. i dun ..too lazy to run.. hee...

i also do powder yoga at Califor... u do any execise?

Cheers

jan

hey hey!!

So many messages!

Happy Bday to Yvonne's bf and Happy Bday in advance to Yan!!
happy.gif

Anyways, u gals have a good weekend ya!

jul

Silver,

Yeah, must have spread the virus to her at our gathering. The virus has just surfaced after the incubation period :p

Aiyoh, so poor thing. Still have meeting tonight. Well, I'm in office doing OT too, so... we're both pathetic! *sob*

lin

hi A&W,
We want to get married. Get over & done with it. Moreover, my fiance waited 3 years for me. And my fiance doesn't want to wait anymore. Why wait & wait when you found someone to share your life with?
Life are full of uncertainties. Yes, we're going back singapore but that doesn't mean we might settle down there. Not sure where it will take us. After marriage, we shall see. Hope that answers your curiousity
happy.gif
The most important thing is we don't wish to be separated again.
happy.gif

A

a&w

Lin..

Yeah..I understand. Guess you two have been separate long enough. Quite sian also huh...Well so there's a possibility that you'll be moving elsewhere again huh? Thats nice..live together alone for a while..In a sense Amos and I feel that way too...life is just so full of uncertainties.
Eh...when are we going to start doing the count down thing huh??? HEehehhe
happy.gif

Forest..
Yeah...was wondering how come a store like that $1.99 place can expand so much and so fast. They were everywhere in Orchard!

doreamon

Hi gals,

Just now, we went down to Oaks wanted to sign the contract with Carol. We even discussed the menu and requested for some changes. However, just when we were abt to sign on the dotted line, we were informed of an unexpected change! That is the marquee will not be set up due to a change in the management of Tanglin mall! That really caught us by surprise and i was pretty upset with the fact that Carol did not keep me informed way ahead. She told us that the marquee was put away in July and only today, she was informed by her director that marquee won't be put up anymore as the new management of Tanglin mall won't allow that unless Oaks do it on a daily basis. In other words, put up the marquee and at the end of the day, take down the marquee again. All these will incur a lot of handling costs that Oaks feel it's not worth it in this current economic situation.
sad.gif
sad.gif

From my point of view, i do understand the extra burden Oaks will have to undertake if the marquee is there. However, i was really upset with the fact that she "kept" it from me prior to the appointment.

On top of the unpleasant surprise, we were dealt with another surprise - Carol is leaving Oaks by end of Aug!!! That made us feel rather insecure in a way that we would be signing the contract with her but as time draws nearer to our date, we would be dealing with another coordinator - which may be her director?? What if the items agreed upon contract signing failed to fulfil on the actual day? I won't want to have these types of uncertainties on the ROM day.

Plus, without the marquee, i am not sure how will the weather be in Oct 03. What if the sun is too strong and i cannot expect my guests to be sitting under the hot sun to witness my solemnisation right? And without the marquee, the whole courtyard look very empty despite the red carpet, the chairs, the champagne fountain etc etc. What can i do to decor up the place? Lastly, it will just be a 15 mins event outdoor for the solemnisation so should i spend extra $$$ to decorate the courtyard?

We were given till next monday to confirm our decision.

Soupie, BinBin and all, I really need all the opinions regarding this matter. Help!!

lin

hi A&W,
Hahah..should start count down already.
happy.gif
i think both of us are excited to be brides already.
happy.gif

hi doreamon,
sorry to hear about what the Oaks. I feel they're to be blame for not informing you earlier. Very irresponsible. But nothing can turn back the clock now. Hmm..it's up to you whether you willing to spend that extra $$$ to decorate the courtyard. Personally for me, i would just add extra flowers or plants...not too much, after all it's only 15 mins. And since it's only 15 mins, not to worry about guests sitting outside too long under the hot sun
happy.gif
hopefully my opinion helps.

lin

hi silver,
cannot sleep..haha, that's why still posting you msgs in forum.
happy.gif
still planning about the candles thing?
happy.gif

smurfy

Hi Mee Mee/all gals,

Went to Pedal Works on tuesday. They have nice designs but workmanship is no good. I can see the yellow glue sticking the crystals together.

Well, I went shopping for my shoes again yesterday with the following list on hand:
Hue at Scotts Shopping Center <FONT COLOR="ff0000">don't have my size</FONT>
JWest at Scotts Shopping Center and Takashimaya (shoe dept)
Substance at Wheelock Place
Riccino at Orchard Point
Ram at Lucky Plaza B1-90 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">close by the time i reach there</FONT>
Waverly Finn at Holland Village
Leapin Lizard at International Plaza <FONT COLOR="ff0000">poor workmanship for the amount I have to pay</FONT>
Paradox London at International Plaza <FONT COLOR="ff0000">pretty but few choices</FONT>
CK Tangs (shoe dept)
Tangs Studio (at centrepoint)<FONT COLOR="ff0000">found 1 that I like at S$129</FONT>
OG (shoe dept)
Metro (shoe dept)<FONT COLOR="ff0000">bought a pair at $67 after less 20%, HURRY they are having a 20% storewide sale from 1-3 Aug</FONT>
Isetan (shoe dept)<FONT COLOR="ff0000">shortlisted a few at Scotts branch, CNY and URS brand, nice</FONT>

Nice shopping!

I

ino

Hi Doreamon,
sorry to hear abt the bad news...
The only consolation was that u've not signed yet. I think it will be worse for those who have signed up and were unaware of the changes.
Actually, if u dun mind, u can have it indoors also. i personally found the place quite cosy. Have u considered other locations as well?
Anyway, am quite surprised how come OAKS never appeal to the mgt...

hi binbin,
meeting karen 2day...u joining ?
anyway, i've uploaded the ring pillow fotos already. will send the link via email.
;-)

silver

Gd morning...

Hi Doeamon,
Now I understand why you can't sleep liao. You will be having your solemnization outdoor followed by lunch indoor? If that's the case not so bad cos the duration is 10-15mins only. That will depend whether do you want to take the risk. Like what Lin said, perhaps just some simple decor cos not worth to spend too much. Or perhaps neg wif Oaks to compensate you by doing some decor?

Hi Lin,
Took a nag yest afternoon so last nite can't sleep hehehe

Hi ino,
Can share wif me your ring pillow fotos? You are selling too? My email is [email protected]

silver

Gd morning gals,

Nobody working today?

Hey anyone interested?

5th Designer Bridal Sale
@ Marina Mandarin Singapore

It's back! Best Buys! Better Value!
Designer Gowns as low as $199! Great Bargains on all wedding needs!

Special Banquet Packages from Marina Mandarin
Bridal / D&amp;D Gowns from Designer Boutiques
Special Photography Deals
Beauty and Spa Services
Home Furnishings
Exclusive Cruise Charter

5th Designer Bridal Sale
(organized by www.my-marriage.com)

Date: 16th -17th August 2003 ( Sat - Sun)
Time: 12pm - 8pm
Venue: Marina Mandarin Singapore, Level 1
(Taurus, Leo &amp; Capricorn Ballrooms)
Admission: $2 per person

Pre- Register before 13 August 2003 for FREE ADMISSION
or simply call Sazlinda @ 6252 9968 during office hours

Do Your Part for Charity!

Donate old wedding/evening gowns for sale at the 5th Designer Bridal Sale. Proceeds from the sale of the gowns will to a charity beneficiary.
Bring your gowns to My Life Events before 9th August 2003.

Please call 6252 9968 or email [email protected]. (By Appointment Only)

yvonne

Hihi Gals,
Bet im the ONLY ONE who work today!!! Sob sob....
sad.gif

Thanks for the greeting, Jan!

Hee hee... I've given him a SURPRISED by booking the cable car dining. Also, I went to buy some food like sushi, nydc cake &amp; pizza, drinks &amp; cheeries...etc. Is abit warm just before the sunset but we managed to catch the sunset (SO BEAUTIFUL...!!!). In the evening is pretty cool &amp; windy up there...! The view was great... overseeing the mt faber, star cruise, sentosa and harbour! My bf was touched and we took some pixs...
happy.gif

Surprisingly, we saw quite a no. of couples, friends and families hving sky dining also... (prob is a friday)! Just buy some fast food and hop onto the cable car for a relaxing sky ride!

Hi Yan,
Remember to share with us yr surprises from yr bf! Enjy &amp; hv fun...
smile.gif

Hi Silver, Jul &amp; Ever,
So you gals still visiting to Margaret bride?

I

ino

hi silver,
not into this biz lah...i'm juz helping binbin's fren...i'm quite into all these stuff of making quaint little things as a hobby...

will send u the link 2nite...so far, there's only the pix of 1 ring pillow as this is my first attempt...most prob i will do more so tat i cld give away as a wedding gift to my frens (my frens are all of marriagable age now...hehehhe;-P)...

silver

HI Yvonne,

So sweet of you ya! He must be very touched hehehe

No confirmation on MB leh. I am going gym later hehehe

lin

Hi silver,
heheh..yah, me too..if i take a nap in the afternoon, i also can't sleep at night. Yesterday ended up making bread pudding at 12am!
happy.gif
psst..fbo.
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Silver,
Lucky stl got som1 responding...

Oh, so you interested in the 5th Designer Bridal Sale? Hmm... not sure whether to go anot? Dun really interested in the sales gown (cos BS provided oredi... hee hee), maybe the photography deal n furnishing part! Btw, do you know who will be participating?

yvonne

Hurray... another 30min for me &amp; Im a FREE SOUL! Im goin KICKBOXING later... kee kee! Me feeling kinda of tired dun noe can take it anot! =P

silver

Hi Yvonne,

The participating merchants are Irene's Creation, Lezen Creation, Universal Bridal, White Link, Treasure Box, Precious Moment, Nail concept, The image club, The red peach gallery, maylande, tucky's photography, portraitgaller, everafter, stefine ad, photocraft, mulberry free, wedding thoughts.

A

a&w

Doreamon..

Sorry to hear that. Well it's really unfortunate that your coordinator did not inform you about the changes sooner. But since it's already Aug...unless you have another venue for your solemnisation, guess you don't really have much of a choice. Like you said, the whole ceremony will only take around 10-15 mins, so you can either just risk it or have it somewhere else...what you have to worry about more is rain and not so much the sun since your guests won't have to sit out there for too long. As for decor, hmmmm...what about using ballons to kind of create a slightly more enclosed environment. You can use the nice type (slightly metallic ones..and use the colour that'll match your theme)You'll probably need quite a few to create that atmosphere...Thats another one of my crazy ideas lah...hhehehe cos I have no idea what the place looks like. But don't worry...at least you haven't signed the contract...so if you really don't feel comfortable about Oaks now, I suggest you try and find another place that'll be able to provide you with the services you want.

lin

Hi silver,
hahah..we slept about the same time. Because i finish making bread pudding around 1 am + !
happy.gif
Now getting married, so have to brush up on culinary skills etc.. hahha
happy.gif

sunflower

hello girls !

i'm back! recently very busy with work..no time to login for posting..hows everyone ??
happy.gif

i'm in the office today..stealing some time to drop a mail here..hehehee..well, it seems this thread has sort of tone down.

just a question, do we need to go for facials before the big day? i heard tat will helps to get the make-up to sustain better on the face leh...

for me, i dun use make up cos my office has not such requirements...so i'm rather scare tat the makeup will look funny and peel off from my face..

do u think so n any suggestions ?