(2004) Brides of year 2004

soupie

Hi Doreamon, sorry to hear abt the oaks. it's quite upsetting to have so many uncertainties to deal with when u thot that u've settled most of it. like wat u said it's just a 15mins solemnisation outdoors.. but still the sun would be quite strong during noontime so have to take that into consideration... without the tentage u can request for more deco outside.. i guess the usual will still be there.. the flower stands.. the red carpet.. i dunno wat's it called but the semi circle row of flowers where u can walk in under it.. i also think not worth it to spend more on deco outdoors.. rather spend more inside the restaurant since that'll be where u'll be spending most of ur time.. or alternatively have everything indoors including ur solemnisation.

since carol is leaving already.. if u really intend to go ahead with the oaks.. get the director to sit in when u sign the contract with them so that they can't back out of the things that has been agreed upon after carol leaves.

i really do hope u can sort this out soon...
happy.gif

binbin

dear doremon....really sorry to hear that..can understand ur worry now.. about the change of coordinator, what soupie suggested is beri wise. get the director (or whoever is replacing her) to sit in during the signing of contract. make sure he understands what is being signed, and that he agrees and knows what to do.

as to the deco/maraquee....carol appears to me to be a beri straighforward lady. she shld be telling the truth if she said she only knew abt this recently. A&W suggested having balloons...good idea....will brighten the place up. i also agree with them that having the whole thing indoors is a good alternative. is it possible for you to negotiate with them to put up the maraquee on that day just for you??? as a favour since all along the communications and understanding had been that u will be getting a maraquee. and if u were to have it indoors, it may defeat ur purpose of having a garden wedding.....

this is ur wedding cum ROM right? well......just some thoughts...perhaps if its ur wedding u can consider paying slightly more to get carol and gang to set up the maraquee that day just for you? or look for some contacts/suppliers to set up a maraquee. and maximise the money spent by getting oaks to serve refreshments and cocktails outside and not in the restaurant. so that at least ur guests and you will get to experience the maraquee more than the default duration.... coz if it's wedding u may be more willing to spend.

if it's just ROM though....perhaps can rent many big fans to put around the courtyard to cool down ur guests during the ceremony. or get oaks to place more green plants around the perimeter coz if i am not wrong green plants will reduce the heat felt by ppl. OR, u can give out something as door gifts...this small handheld fan powered by batteries..give them out as door gifts with the help of your sisters... so that they can use during the solemnisation. it shld cost less than $2 or even less. or little dainty fans that they can keep as souvenoirs.

really hope somethings we say helps....dun be stressed..... if u decide to source for another location, make sure u are able to book that location first before u reject oaks. coz if i understand sept is a beri good month.....so go carefully....

girl....really hope things work out better for you..... keep us updated kae? and dun worry, u are right to say it's only 15 mins! with the little touches (balloons, floral arches, plants, fans) ur guests shld feel less hot. and with the great food whcih always mantained its standard, they will sure forget about the heat once they dig in!
happy.gif

binbin

dear Ino, how's the meeting with karen? did she like it? i din mesg her yet....hehhee....thanks once again...u are a dear.
happy.gif

binbin

hi hi sunflower!!! about the facials before big day, it is greatly recommended... it really helps i think. but be beri beri careful abt where u go. u dun have to worry about the makeup peeling from ur face coz u dun usually put make up lah..
happy.gif
just that the facials will help it stay longer.

jas

Hi Sunflower

Have u tried the trial make-up from your bridal studio? If yes, maybe you can try shopping around with your make-up on. And see if the make-up stays.

Just started on a new job, so didn't have time to login as often. I've confirmed my 2 gowns for my actual day. Initially wanted to have 2 different types of cuttings for my WG and EG. But ended having spaghetti straps for both of them.

fluffy

Hi everyone, are there anyone here who are still looking around for bridal packages? sorry to come in here... i am actually May bride... but jus want to ask for some good reference. =)

mimosa

Hi Fantasy,

Welcome on board! Geee...u know the regulations well enuff to intro yourself huh?
happy.gif

How's your prep? At which stage now?

Why is your customary and banquet on different days? Any church wedding?

doreamon

Hi gals,

Thanks for giving me so much suggestions and listening to me.

I just pop over from the ROM thread and found out something else that Carol did not inform me too. That is - the restaurant manager also leaving?? Oh dear!! What is happening to the Oaks? Something is indeed very funny.

Just now, i went back to check out the courtyard and realized that the sun is shining directly on the courtyard, meaning the guests will be facing the sun...

Carol told me that she cannot do any extra decor as that will incur additional costs for the Oaks and this is impossible under the current economic situation! She did suggest to put in something else for me - balloons to decor along the aisle. But we are not comfortable with balloons as we felt that it would look like a birthday party :p

Oaks can do the marquee for us provided that we paid $1000 for it!! I will not do that just for a 15mins ceremony, that is ridiculous!!

doreamon

Hi gals,

There is another matter that i felt that i need to get it off - Nick goh! I wanted to engage him for my ROM and when i called him, he told me that he cannot make it on that day. However, after i told him that i got difficulties in getting photographer becos' it was a weekend event. He called me a few days later and told me that he had worked out something for me. So we arranged an appt with him to meet up and discussed on his two proposals he had come up with.

Imagine my surprise that i was told that i need to pay a surcharge of $150 for a $295 ROM package but if i take up the $450 package, he can waiver off for me. Of course, i kept quiet over it during the whole meeting.That was my very first experience with photographer and i thought it's was a norm till yesterday.

HOWEVER, just recently, i was updated and informed that Nick DID not charge any surcharge for weekend ROM package!! That is totally very unethical of him and unprofessional of him to quote two different pricing. Imagine if i had taken up his "proposal", i would be paying $150 for the so-called "surcharge" while the others did not need to pay a single cents!!

Pls pardon me for voicing out my unhappiness over here. Especially to bin bin and soupie who had used him for your ROM.

jan

Hello gals!
happy.gif

Guess none of u will log on today!
Well, anyway, i've visited David and silverlining!
Well, think i'll most likely book with David, just that need to make sure of the package and prices again.. Taking my time now.. hehe..
As for silverlining, hmm.. wasnt very happy with them, coz i've made appt with jit but when i went there, he wasnt in the shop and i called him, he just said i can ask his asst abt any queries and can ask her to show me the gowns... well well, guess i'll drop him lah, he just seem toooo busy!

silver

Hi Jan,

Seems like you are like me wu yuan wif jit huh? Oh so now he has a assist huh? Hey dun mind me asking how much is ur package wif David?

I visited ACM yest & Meritus Mandarin today. ACM is a nice place! My sis n I pretty like it. Oh did I tell you gals my sis planning to get married next yr too? So bridal shopping wif her..

As for MM, so coincidentially the catering mgr we spoken over email is actually her JC friend! Wat a small world hehehe MM's package pretty gd so both ACM & MM is in her list now.

jan

Hi silver!

Yup, Jit has an asst now... currently package is ard 4k.. but seems like a bit diff from Yan's, so now want to check with yan first to make sure...

Good for u can go bridal shopping with ur sis! hehe.. so when is her wedding?
Hmm.. ACM will be quite a unique venue, worth considering!
Yeah, MM is good becoz of the package.. well, depends on whether she wants a value for money package or a better looking venue in this case..
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan,

Wow so late still online huh? Yr 4k consist of wat huh?

My sis waiting for her bf's mum to check the date. Most likely in oct cos ve to be 3mths after mine (tats wat chinese believed rite).

Ya MM is really value for $$$ lor. As hers is small group so will consider Act 1 but she would like to view the place again when there's wedding. As for ACM yes it's unique and nice. The only disadv is ve to be in buffet cos they dun allow cooking in the premise.

binbin

dear doremon..... seems like u have been encountering much unhappines...
sad.gif
*pat pat head*. have u tried finding out from nick himself why is he doing that? perhaps there's some miscomm? it's so like him to be misunderstood..coz he dun really know how to express himself well :p why not talk to him again? of course, provided you are not that mad at him lah... cool down cool down kae?

u met up with karen yesterday huh? she told me...she's my god-sis. i was quite shocked when i heard about the $1K extra...how could they do that???!!!!

have u seriously considered another location? perhaps cos of some economic crisis or management polictic...oaks have become like this. but this is beri unfair to clients leh...
sad.gif
just my humble opinion....but i feel that u are beri beri mad now (for good reason) with the oaks and management. so if in the end u still hold it there, the ill feelings may not make u feel so good.... and as it's supposed to be a happy occasion....perhaps shld really consider another place? unless u could put it behind you....and perhaps have it indoors...and just enjoy the food and aircon... what do you think?

pls keep us updated...

N

nick goh

Dear doreamon,

Hmmm ... after pondering for an hour over what you'd wrote, i was thinking that prehaps that you might be facing alot of Stress and frustrations during the preparation for your ROM Day...
And as such, your ideals may have clashes with real situations presented.

I have hope to ease your frustartion, or lessen your worry, by talking-up to my Associate, to be Your ROM Photographer on your ROM Day, which happen to be a very Hot Date -- whereby most of Us have had already commitments, or other plans.

I have gather that you are on-line Friends with many of my Wedding Clients, and therefore make an exception, to "Beg" my associate to take on your ROM Photography Assignment, ... and thanks Heaven, he agreed to Help me out, by making difficult arrangement for his current non-wedding assignment.

I am only interested in your well preparation on your Solemnization day, and I have no interest nor I am out to make that "extra" $150, or any other amount whatever, in the quoted packages. What I did was merely quoting based on Fairness, and an industry and in-house practise for Surcharge on Sunday (ROM) packages.... For generally, it is an opportunity cost for any Professional Photographer to do any ROM package on Sunday, or even at all .... Most Top Pros would not even entertain any ROM day Photography Services, and don't even mentioned on Sundays !

Well, the above is my private & personal opinion & views, and hope that you could comprehands my thoughts, and efforts in making sure that an Highly experienced Pro Photographer is serving you on your very Special Day.

However, if you have mis-understoods my intention & goodwill, then i am sorry, and have to leave it as status quo.

Only Best wishes,
[ Nick Goh ]

ever

Morning gals!!

looks like we hav fruitful weekends!! yvonne, must really learn from you, man!! me very "nua" nowadays, never think of surprises for my bf liao... maybe together for too long... guess its time to put in some efforts! hahahahaha....
lol.gif

jan, wah!! make your decision so fast!! guess David must be real good!! ya, Jit is quite busy... but did you talk to his assistant?? is his assistant able to provide you the necessary info??

silver, thought the gap between siblings' weddings must be at least 4mths?? that's what my mum said and me and my bro had a hard time scheduling our weddings!! sigh......

jul/silver/yvonne, made a last min decision to visit Margaret Brides yday.... chose a few gowns to try, but most are too small for me.... except a toga one which is quite nice... but later on, the designer helped me choose a few bustier ones.... i told her i cant wear bustier cos of the fats near the arms, but she told me it'll be ok if the bustier line is not tight! and guess what?? she's quite right and i fell in love with this gown that has a gorgeous train!! very long duchess satin train with organza strips sewed onto it.... the front is quite plain though.... but has a organza strip above the bustier line to "hide" the fats!! cool!! the designer very friendly too.... and give great advice!!
happy.gif

jan

Morning!

ever, yes, did ask Jit's asst questions, she can help lah, but i prefer to talk to the designer himself to get a more personalised service.. Well, prefer David coz like his personalised service as he does all the coordinating, make up, hairdo etc.. silver, mine will consists, the 2 gowns, a cocktail dress, a men's suit, the rest is the standard stuffs..

Ever, wow.. seems like that's a nice gown! hehe.. Organza strips, think i saw some like that in magazines b4.. hehe.. so u copying that design? Yup, i also like to have an organza piece to cover if it's bustier type..

girlfriend

Doreamon, dont be upset!

Why dont you calm down.. I am sure there are other suitable venues for ROM & photographers.

When is your big day? Mayb all of us can help to lessen your burden!

Btw gals, I have taken up a videography package & bought my wedding shoes already! So happy another thing down!

jul

Morning gals! Major Mon blues... Was very, very tempted to stay home & sleep! Zzzz....

Hi silver,

What's ACM? I dun think the my-marriage show is very worth it right? Someone said the previous one at some club consisted of hard-sell pple, not much gowns to look at. But I forgot who. *scratch head* A bit brain-dead, cannot think very well *sigh*

Hi Yvonne,

I was off last Sat lah. Nvm, this Sat we're all not working
happy.gif
Wow, the cable-car dinner sounds gd. Too bad my fiance doesn't like heights, or we could go too :p

Hi Jan,

Finally! Wow, u're very efficient. Signed up for hotel very fast, also sign up with bridal very fast
happy.gif
Are u gog to visit any more shops?

Hi ever,

So u've decided that u like bustier now right? *haha* I told u if I can wear, u can also wear. So gd, one more choice of style.

jan

Jul, no lah, havent booked David yet, but think most likely will be him...
Well, not sure whether i'll be visiting other bridal shops.. haha.. But dun think wanna ask hubby to go with me also.. he'll be really bored!! haha!!

sunflower

hi binbin,

thanks for the suggestions! tat means i need to go for facials b4 the big day...hmmmm..how long do i need to start facial before the big day leh ??

jas, did u just went for your 1st appt ? so you have selected both gowns with spaghetti straps...how does the cutting look like ? and wat is the color ? i will be going down for my 1st appt in another 2 wks times ( now counting down...hehehehe )
happy.gif

well, i hv not try the trial makeup from my bridal studio..cos no time to even go shopping ! my work is really getting me a lot of time !! i have been wanting to go for job switch but seems quite difficult n i'm scared of couldnt find a job if i quit now ( cos need $$ for wedding prep mah ) U r so lucky to find yourself a new job !! ( envy ) btw, care to share which profession r u in ??

mayb the rest of the gals can share their profession too..
happy.gif

binbin

hi sunflower..... well, how long before u need to start facial will much depend on your skin condition. be careful of beauticians who give u special facials before ur wedding day even before understanding you skin or preparing your skin for the intensive treatment... :p or else ur skin may look fine on that day, but become worse after that..... that's what happens to me...grew wiser now hehehhee....

a good beautician should analyse ur skin carefully. if it's in good condition, put u on maintenance... then on wedding prep treatment 1 week or few days b4 big day. for a start, perhaps u can look for Karen goh from the forum advisers. She is from Devotion beauty salon. she is great and give great advice. If you are worried abt budget, tell her about it, she is always willing to help......

keep us updated yar?
happy.gif

Jas, so urs both spaghetti huh? hehehe u must look real nice in spaghetti isn't it?
happy.gif
so good...me still thinking abt my EG hehehhehe.....

Fluffy..... all of us have oredi settled bridal boutique... so i guess we can only recommend you what we have hehhehee...
happy.gif
for me, i signed up with Divine Couture. the rest of the girls are French Bridal, Bridal Zone, Santiago. (did i miss out any?). other good places to check out are Le Galleria (Tanjong pagar), Bridal Veil (Delfi)......really depends on ur preference and budget. u HAVE to visit them, try out their gowns..and decide.
happy.gif
happy searching!

jul

Jan,

Did u try any gowns at David's? I heard that the gowns are for keeps, so I guess maybe he doesn't have many OTR gowns for you to try right?

How long were u there? Dun think ur hubby will be bored if it's just for an hr right? My fiance kinda likes to go with me to try gowns & stuff. He only gets bored when we start talking abt packages. *hehe*

ever

Hi jul, me also mon <FONT COLOR="0000ff">blues</FONT>!! hahahahhaa... i was the one who said that i attended a similar show organised by mymarriage.com.... not sure if this one will turn out by the previous one or not... but, seems like the participating shops are different....

well, guess i wouldnt "ban" all bustier designs now.... can hav more choices!! oh no!!! that means more difficult to make a decision....
crazy.gif
but, me quite confirmed that i wanna do that kind of train for my gown!! hopefully, my BS wouldnt charge me extra for that long train!!! heehhheeehehehee....
lol.gif

jan, $4k would include photography, rite?? then that's not bad, cos you'll get to keep all the gowns! but think you need to go to a few shops to try out different designs and cuttings and see what you like.... David doesnt hav OTR gowns for you to try, rite?? oh, is flower bouquets for PS and actual day included??

questy

Hi cubby and Onee,
Ur... got good and bad when MIL tk charge of banquet. Good is I dun need to worry abt it, the bad things is, i got no control abt it, if she do it in the 60's style, i'll faint on the spot! Ha...!

She super duper naggy and love to buy things for my house, had thrown all her "treasure" into my cupboard, and i'll clear it all one find day, cos cun even put my things in side, he...!

No choice loh, cos FH is the one and only child, so die die also hv to let her stay, hope she can "automatic", but she'll help me in housework and cooking, tat's the good point.

My gal friends are all very young or still not interested in marriage, so i'm the loner in this topic, he...! David Lee is chging $3000, and Bridal link in causeway point is also chging $2900 for a full package, the picture of BL is ok, so now let FH decide what he wants, I also cun be bothered liao, he....!

yvonne

Good Day Gals,
Monday blue.........................

Hi Ever,
Like I said "U NEVER TRY U NEVER KNOW".... hee hee! Bustier with organza will give u a softer look...

Hi Silver,
I also dun noe wat is ACM? Meritius Mandarin izit e one at orchard???

Hi Jul,
So what you did over wkend, why so tired?

Hi Jan,
Good for you... finally get the engine started! Prob u wld like to visit 1 or 2 more BS before you commit yrself ya?

jul

Hi ever,

So it's u who attended the show.
happy.gif
Anyway, I dun think I'll go, since it seems next to impossible that u'll be able to try any gowns. Think I'll just go to the bridal shop itself to try the gowns. Anyway, hotel booked, bridal shop booked, nothing much left to see :p

Hehe.. So u've decided on the type of train u want. Actually hor, dun really get what u mean. What organza strips on duchess satin cloth? Very hard to visualise leh.
happy.gif

fencnef

rabbitwsk..

yah loh..i've taken imagegarden's photography...the style is very naturalistic type..
happy.gif

huh?u got send pic on sat meh?
exercise ah..v.seldom nw..
happy.gif

jul

Hi Yvonne,

I'm always very tired &amp; xian in the mornings. No choice, not a morning person.
sad.gif
Also hate Mons coz it's the start of yucky weekedays.

Anyway, I visited 1 ID &amp; 1 kitchen ID on Sat. Cut my hair yesterday. Looking forward to this weekend tho. Long weekend ahead. Coz taking leave on Fri for keys collection, then Sat (my Sat on) is PH, then Mon on leave again for fiance's bday. *haha* Can hardly wait
bounce.gif

ever

Hi gals!! think ACM is Asian Civilisation Museum.... (",)

hahahahhaa...... ya, jul... hard to visualise hor... basically, the entire train is duchess satin and the organza strips are sewed onto the train... the strips are perpendicular to the train, ie. one side of the strip is sewed to the train.... so the strips are like "standing" on the train.... sigh.... me give up... cant describe....
crazy.gif
hahahahaha......

jul, you didnt start "reno contractors" shopping last weekend??

jan

Hello!
happy.gif

Jul, can't try gowns coz all his gowns are for the brides to keep, so it's more like a tailor made concept.. I was there for an hour, think my hubby almost fell asleep! hehe...

Yes, ever, includes PS, bouquets, everything.. yup all gowns for keeps! But actually was thinking whether i have space in the wardrobe to keep the WG or not! Coz WG usually very bulky rite! haha!!

Yup Yvonne, prob gotta visit more bridal to try gowns and get more ideas for gowns.. ever, i quite like the organza strips train idea too!
happy.gif
Now am thinking whether i shld go for those long train type or go for something different, coz i saw in the mag, got this silverlining one, it's a 2 piece WG, the skirt is very different type but without train... Dunno how to describe leh...

jul

Hi ever,

Oic! So that's what ACM is!

Wah, ur train sounds so chim. I hope u have a picture of it to show ur bridal shop, or I dunno how u're gog to tell ur designer. *hehe*

I did visit 1 ID for 1st appt. Waiting for my long weekend to get appt with 1 or 2 more. Hope they give me a gd quote. I suppose u dun need an ID since ur EC is basically all furnished right? Just need some cabinets? I'm beginning to think I shd get contractor instead of ID. Since almost everything is done, there's basically only carpentry work left. *sigh* So many decisions...

doreamon

Hi BinBin,

So Karen is your god-sis
happy.gif
Well...i have cool down with Oaks just unhappy with Nick goh. Anyway, no point talking to someone like him when he can be so sacrastic whenever there is a negative comments abt him. Enough abt him.

I had an enjoyable time with Karen on saturday despite a few hipcups - "lost" my wallet etc etc. She is a very nice and friendly lady. Really nice to meet up with her. May be meeting her tonight too to collect the chopsticks samples, will confirm later.

We went down to Oaks to checkout the sun yesterday at 11am. It's not that bad and the morning view was fine due to lots of bushes etc. Just that we noted that sun is shining directly on the courtyard which may make the guests uncomfortable. Still thinking abt it. Carol was very nice and given us another week to reconsider while she reserved the date for us.

Frankly speaking, Carol and the marquee were the reasons why we wanted Oaks. I like her friendly personality and easy to talk to. Hopefully, by next Monday, something better can be worked out.

Will keep u gals updated.

Hi girlfriend,

I am not upset with Oaks anymore, just pissed off with....

happy.gif

jul

Hi Jan,

I think I'd still prefer to try some gowns. O/w how to know what we'll look gd in right? Guess u can try some gowns elsewhere, then discuss with David what u like.

I'm also like you, very tempted to keep my gowns! But then I won't be wearing them anymore, &amp; I'll prob be too fat to wear them, &amp; they take up a lot of space! Think I'll sacrifice lor. But then I see some brides selling their gowns, so maybe u can do that.

Coz I got church wedding, so must have conventional WG with long train. I think it depends on what u like, u dun have church wedding right? Maybe can consider something diff, or else nobody will remember ur WG :p

girlfriend

Hello girls,

MIA for a while.

Still looking for ID to do my house.

I haf juz confirmed my videography package &amp; my wedding shoes last weekend.

Wanna to ask, is pinkish beige shoes weird?

girlfriend

Doreamon,

Musnt get angry at such pple.. ... Muz be a pretty bride~

I wont wan to recommend biz to pple like that :p
no matter how good their skills are

Customer Service is very important to me...

I remember going to a BS which was supposedly top notch in the industry but their attitude sucks.. so I drop them off my list.

jan

Yup Jul, u're rite, got to go try out gowns first...
Well, can keep gowns is good in a way, but i dont think we'll ever wear it again huh!! haha!!

yan

Hi Morning ladies,

just finished a terrible meeting... what a way to start off the week!!! now mood super bad...

Jan, glad that u like David.. so how much exactly did he quote you? What did you have?? One WG, one EG, one cocktail dress, one suit, fresh flowers (for PS &amp; actual day), 4 times make up, car decor and photos? can u remember what is in his photoshoot package???

As for Jit, I remember when I went down in June, he quoted me $3,988 for package with Robin as photographer. u mean he has increased his package to above $4k??

soupie

hi Doreamon, glad to hear that u've cooled down
happy.gif
since carol is leaving.. have u spoken to the director who is taking over? how is he/she? friendly? do u think he/she can do the job well?

maybe try to have ur solemnization earlier like 10am or 1030am? actually the earlier the better.. cos the morning sun is not as bad as the afternoon sun... the morning coolness is still there so not as hot. either that or hold an evening solemnisation just before the sunset and proceed for dinner afterwards? but the opportunity cost for the oaks might be higher.. cos dinnertime is usually crowded esp. on weekends... so they may want u to increase ur guest list to block the whole restaurant for u.

sorry to hear abt ur encounter with nick goh... i guess it's really not meant to be. i just think that sometimes after miscommunication.. the more one tries to explain the worse it gets... 'yue miao yue hei'.. just take it that there's no fate to work with one another.. and i'm sure u'll find someone suitable soon
happy.gif

btw, binbin's idea of giving out fans as wedding favours is really good
happy.gif
i like it.. it shows ur thotfulness to ur guests and i'm sure ur guests will appreciate it as well
happy.gif

yan

ever,

your train sound beri chim lei... u not having church wedding right??? with such a long train, will you have difficulty in handling it during the actual day?? remember, you have to go thru the tea ceremony at your bf's house in your WG lei.... the long train can be quite heavy lei... you have a lot of jie meis to manage the train for you??

ever

Hi jan, if you're not having church wedding, then i guess you can go for something different!! long train would be quite troublesome to move around in... so, the designer suggested "hooking up" the long train to the skirt so that it'll be shorter during the day.... and when i use it for the banquet, i can "unhook" the train to reveal a nice, long train for the march-in!! quite a good idea hor.... or can try detachable train, esp. if you like organza.... the detachable train can be in organza and easily pinned onto the skirt.... which mag did you see the silverlining's gown from?? me go see see and tell you my opinion!! heehehehheee.... me kaypoh...
blush.gif

jul, i think no need to get ID firms cos their designs may cost lots of $$ and not necessarily suit our tastes.... think contractor will do fine... oh, did you call my fren?? not sure if he hav a in-house designer....

jan

Hi Yan!!

Glad to hear from u!! hehe.. Actually i have emailed u the details.. Yup think the package is soemthing like wat u said.. So is it same as yours? For PS, i know there's CD ROM for selected pics, i album (but forgot how many pics) includes 2 pages of montage,1 table top... Guess will stick to photospace, no budget to choose other photographers leh...

For Jit, it's still 3888, he wasn't there, so i also like not very keen on him liao.. so breifly looked thru the gowns and photos.. not sure if Robin is 3988..

evon

fencnef,
abt the crying thing i dun think i can do it cos my rom will hv too many ppl there...

rabbitwsk,
me busy at work cos it's mth end time...

jan

ever, yup, want something diff for WG leh.. hehe.. It's the last HW brides mag, the green cover one.. It's under the Brides' Choice section.. haha.. i'm impressed with myself, can actually remember the section!! haha!!

Yup, can be quite troublsome with long train huh, but i like it too leh! Detachable will be a good idea tho!
happy.gif

yan

okie, i go check my email...
my package is similar lor, just that i got three more suits on rental.. how much did he quote u? did you mentioned in the email?/

jan

Yup Yan, everything in the email!
happy.gif
tot that it's better not to disclose too much in forum in case ppl peep in here and then they call david and ask about it.. and dunno whether david minds that or not...

doreamon

Hi girlfriend,

Thanks for your consolation.
happy.gif
I guess it's part of me due to my work nature that i am very demanding in term of customer service. I always liaise with vendors and suppliers thus everything is in black and white so......

Anyway, really thanks a lot!
happy.gif

Hi Soupie,

Not yet...we intend to go down again on Monday and hopefully, Carol can get her director to sit in too. Keeping finger crossed.

I thought of that as well but Carol mentioned before that if i do the solemnisation earlier then got surcharge as Oaks don't open so early. The worst of all is i have already printed all my invitation cards with Oaks as the venue and timing as well.
sad.gif

Evening solemnisation is way out of my budget - the total cost is like holding it in a hotel.

No worries abt Nick goh - after i made my points and clarify again that will be the stop no matter what he said anymore. Cannot be bothered with him. I got Beetles@work for my ROM thus he was rejected. I brought out the matter becos' i felt very unfair and not to damage his reputation or whatever he think.

Errr...don't think i want to incur extra $$$. I already got my wedding favors so buying fans again will be like more $$$ spent. C how first. I still quite confused. :p

binbin

hi hi doremon, so u are meeting karen today huh? chopsticks sample? where did she get it from? me not aware of it...hehehhee...me oso interested leh.....can i come? me thinking of looking at more chopsticks before i decide whether to use them for wedding favour. i mesg her later...

well, as for nick...SIGH...really must tell u smething. he is great in person, sincere and friendly. But so bad with written words!!! i saw his posting, could be better. but really..... in real person he is a joy to work with, beri accomodating, open and honest. must be some miscomm or misinterpretation of words. he is really bad with words..
sad.gif
well, since u have found someone else, really happy for you..
happy.gif
dun be too stressed kae? relax and be a happy bride..
happy.gif

girlfriend, try not to be so biased against nick kae? hehehhee...give him a chance... i will go and scold him when i am free.... :p