(2004) Brides of year 2004

cubby

hi onee,

wah at least ur FMIL got 'xin' mah...at least think of u also...good thing
happy.gif

so u decide on the wedding banquet already? me visit alot of hotels liao

hi questy,

yah yah...later the style not suitable for ur gown jialat..haha..tats y i prefer to do it my own style...lucky PIL quite chin chai..hehe

me lucky...no need to stay w PIL...but anyway...i wont mind so much as i'm already staying st my FH place...no problems!

u really leave everything to FH huh...u r lucky that he will go source...unlike mine...talk to him like not interested like tat
sad.gif

hi girlfriend,
i think so long as the color are very pastel not too dark kind shld be fine..most impt u must be comfortable init!
happy.gif

jul

Hi Jan,

I guess maybe we'll wear the TD, or even the EG on special occasions, but not the WG! So impressive! U can actually rem what mag in what section. Wow...
lol.gif

jul

Hi ever,

I dun think I like the transparent train, I think those are made from organza right? Dun feel 'substantial' leh, not grand enough when I walk down the church *hehe* Do you think it's possible to do the pinning up / detachable train in duchess sation? Too heavy?

Haven't called ur fren yet. We already have appts with some IDs. Hoping that they can actually give us some ideas / gd designs. Treat it as doing research. wWen we figure out what we like & want, then we'll call him. O/w will just waste his time. A bit paiseh lor.

jan

Ya loh Jul, haha.. who will wear WG again, unless u gals thinking of wearing it after like 20 years and then go for another PS!!!
lol.gif

But by then, our size may have expanded!!

haha, i was flipping thru the mags again yesterday!!

jul

Hi yan,

They'll never let us keep the drawings. Some IDs just do the 2D drawings, some nicer ones will do the 3D drawings. But they won't let us take them home to copy.

Just got to decide whose designs u like, whose px is reasonale, etc, then sign up wih them. Then the detiled design will begin.

yvonne

Oh, so ACM is Asian Civilisation Museum. Btw, where izit at? Haa haa.......

Hi Ever,
Sounds very complicated to me the strip of organza attached to the train...etc! But I thk as long as is a train gown it will look veri elegant and nice BUT PRETTY HEAVY also! If we got a long march in then prob i'll go for a detachable train kinda of gown... hee hee!

Hi Jul,
I thk contractors will do (prob cheaper than ID firm) since urs is Premum flat dun need much reno/designing rite?

jul

an,

No wonder u can remember in such detail! *haha* I think wearing the WG twice is not a very gd omen, u know... Think I shall be very heartbroken to give up my gown, but no choice. Save money, & save storage space!

jul

Hi Yvonne,

That's what I was thinking too. U know, it's funny. At first I wanted ID, fiance wanted contractor. Now I want contractor, fiance wants ID. Weird hor? *sigh*

Maybe after we have visited a few more IDs, we''l get some ideas, then can concentrate on contractors already. Unless the ID gives us a fabulous design that we simply love *hee*

jul

Hi Yvonne,

U r not supposed to attend any wedding / funeral 3 mths prior to & after ur wedding. It's ur prefernce whether u choose to believe. For me, of course it doesn't apply
happy.gif

jul

Gals,

My fren passed me a long list of showflats, some at Compassvale, some at Sembawang, & Woodlands. And another at HDB Hub. Do you know whether these showflats are still open? I dun wanna go there & discover a family living there or something :p

yan

jan, i replied to your mail liao..

jul, not too sure about that lei... does the list come with a date?? maybe can use that as a reference?? if its too backdated, then better dun try... HDB has sold quite a number of flats there in the previous two WIS..

M

mt

Hi, me butt in and will butt out quickly!

Dear Doreamon,
I think since you have your invits printed and settled, then don't spend more time mulling over the venue- decide on Oaks! Once settled, it'll be a load off your mind
happy.gif

1. You won't be liaising that much AFTER the contract is signed, so as long as everything in B/W, you won't be significantly affected by change of coordinator.
2. It's 15 mins and yes, it's a great shame the ambience is affected by loss of marquee... but once in a lifetime, bask in some sunshine, I think it'll have a different but still pleasant atmosphere.
* Balloons if provided by Oaks can look very classy if carefully chosen- colours like champagne-gold/ silver. In fact, I think balloons go VERY well with the outdoor nature of the solemnisation.

<U>Picture this ;) </U>
You and your guests waiting indoors, air-conditioned, classy and comfortable setting.

Then your guests make their way to the outdoor setting which has simple, elegant champagne-gold balloons lining the aisle and perhaps an archway. You can give some of your guests those bubble-blowers (tie with muted gold ribbon and organza to make it look bridal rather than kiddy). Marquee... aiyah Alkaff Mansion also have leh, without Marquee, it'll definitely never be confused with another venue in photos!

As for the heat and sun-conscious guests- sipping and holding a chilled glass of beverage will con the mind into feeling cool. Lends abit of casual sophistication- guests gathered with smiles, a coloured beverage (looks good in photos rather than empty handed).

Some guests blowing drifting bubbles in the fresh air, rose petals on the red carpet, sunrays, the open blue skies and the bridal couple framed by the elegant champagne-gold balloons. Will be nice if you add some fluttering organza ribbons to the balloons. Wonderful pictures and definitely unique from many others.

Then after picture-taking (and I bet you'd withstand any heat to take more pics), everyone can move back into the airconed setting and dig in! You can scatter rose petals on the tables, use similar coloured organza ribbons as the outside to tie to your table centrepieces to personalise and theme the whole event. Such that you have 2 different ambiences yet still one consistent theme
happy.gif
Your photos will reflect that bonus!

I agree fan favours are nice but since you settled them already, that's one more item down on your list!

happy.gif

ivory

hi hi hi A&amp;W Wendy, silver

heee… regards the wedding planner biz… its bcos during our ROM preparations my hubby find it troublesome to keep going back to then vendor/supplier so he was thinking there may b a market for this type of biz.. of cos it wun b just the services that the current WP have, but more lor.. he belong to those.. umm.. how to say.. entrepreneur type of person n likes lotsa challenges n full of ideas.. any potential biz he will be interested lah
happy.gif

hi doreamon

I oso engaged Nick’s services n happy with him lor.. my hubby oso same as u.. very demanding with regards to services n pdts.. n he very alright with Nick. Nick really very accommodating lah, like during my ROM, last min we got some changes in time schedule.. instead of going to lunch recep at the restaurant after ROM Centre, we went to chk in at the hotel n rest 1st.. Nick actually follow us there when he can actually say he will meet us at the restaurant cos the hotel is really an extra location if we go strictly by his package.. though our package oni 3hrs.. he stayed with us from 9am – 2.30pm.. maybe its that both of you dun have the fate to work together lor..

cheer up lah… u got beetles liao.. so now we just help u to keep ur fingers crossed lor for The Oaks
happy.gif

hi binbin

dun “scold” Nick lah… we all know his personality lah…

tonite me n jojoz having dinner at Breeks, wanna join us?

ever

jul, can do the "hook up" train or detachable train with duchess satin.... the one i tried is duchess satin mah, and the designer say can "hook-up".....
happy.gif

ya, the ID firms wouldnt let you take their drawings back.... what one of my fren did was memorised whatever they like about the design and quickly sketch out after leaving the place... then, can show your ID firm / contractor....

yvonne, nowadays most people dont care liao... think 1 mth will do lah... in case parents nag!! and dont think applicable to ROM, rite??

jul, there are 2 showflats at Sengkang... both executive flats... just went there few weeks back...

jan

Yan, i've also replied u... Btw, have u actually confirmed and in paid deposit already?

Jul, u may wanna check HDB website for up to date showroom addresses..

M

mt

Oh and add:
1. Oaks outdoor decor-
* Champagne-gold balloons (silver or pearl-white looks nice too, but never the primary colours. Must choose those in metallic sheen)!
* Organza ribbons (more airy-fairy than satin ribbons and will echo the bridal gown material).
* Petals on the floor and solemnisation table (can DEVIATE from usual rose petals eg. stole this idea from Sweets- if you are using orchids in your hair, can have whole orchids on the table, and little orchid petals on the floor. Play with different SIZES and COLOUR TONES).
* I would suggest no or THE SIMPLEST kind of fresh flowers arrangements on the solemnisation table. So more floral attention will be the bridal bouquet, the flowers in bride's hair.
* Soap bubbles.

2. Oaks indoor decor-
* No more balloons- they don't suit indoors well.
* Organza ribbons on the table centrepieces.
* Use FLORAL OR CANDLE centrepieces. I think candles is a good choice as it's indoor and lends a very different atmosphere from the outdoor setting.
* Petals.

M

mt

Or substitute organza with tulle- you get the idea lah :D

Hmm, and if you don't like the bubbles (I personally think it'll look good in photos and unique, and since you don't have food lying around the vicinity no contamination), you can have petal cones! I've seen like fat kachang puteh (use nice paper maybe colours match the balloons and must be fat not thin or too much like kacang puteh!) for guests to shower you with
happy.gif

Ok- now really finished what I have to say, butting out again!
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Jul,
I thk those showflats are stl valid cos from what I know, usually it lasted 6months! I thk i've been to all the showflats liao (Compassvale, Buangkok, Choa Chu Kang, Sembawang, woodlands...)... haa haa! BUT, best you double check either websites or call HDB up!

Hi Ever,
Yeah dun thk is applicable to ROM. But next year few of my friends getting married too... hope it don CRASHED onto ours, if not, cant attend theirs (vice versa)!

yvonne

Hey Gals,

Do you know how long to place an order for hand bouquet? My bf was thinking of getting it at SAY YES cos is just at ROM venue. But i thk it might be very expensive since it cater for tht SPECIAL OCCASION.

Can any1 tell me if i choose Calla Lily/tulip rite? I do it all plain just the ribbon bundle it or add some small
flowers? Leaves is definitely OUT rite? Also for tulip with the sponge or w/o...and the calla lily shd it be closed or half bloom...etc??? The florist asked me so many qns and im so CONFUSED...!!!
uhoh.gif

I thk i've to place my hand bouquet 2/3 weeks before my ROM cos both are imported flowers!!!

Hi Silver,
Ive checked with Floral Affairs at The Amara, she quoted me $35 for 3 stalks of calla lilies.

Hi Ever,
Will you collect yr hand bouquet 1 day before or on the actual day of yr ROM? Cos tulip is not as lasting as calla lily and both need to store in cool place!

soupie

doreamon, great!
happy.gif
beetle@work is good too
happy.gif

somehow i feel that the oaks should do something more than just informing everyone abt the changes cos i'm sure they have a growing no. of clients who are doing ROM in their restaurant and it's one of their growing and thriving area especially since it's a good way to advertise for their normal restaurant dining. they have to be accountable and be very professional abt it if they wanna stay on as a 'highly recommended place' for ROM and wedding or any other semi casual functions. somemore their combi of outdoor solemnisation and indoor reception is one of their selling points. so they should be coming up with more creative solutions rather than just informing everyone.

binbin, i think nick's work speaks better for himself rather than he himself speaking :p i was quite surprised that his name was mentioned in a photography forum which my hubby frequents. he was mentioned as an up and coming photographer who charge reasonably for his services.

jan

Yvonne,
think $35 shld be ok, if u go to Say Yes, prob it'll be $80??

If ur ROM timing is not that early, guess u can go the shop on the actual ROM day, otherwise if u'll have to collect the day before..

ever

Yvonne, guess its yr preference loh.... any pics to show your florist?? or she hav any pics to show you?? then its easier to decide which way to tie would be nicer.... $35 for 3 stalks of calla lilies seems ok... actually saw some plain bouquets of calla lilies without any accompanying flowers/leaves, looks nice too!! juz tie with ribbon at the bottom....

hhhmmmm..... not sure when to collect my ROM bouquet leh.... havent discuss with my BS.... probably on the same day cos my ROM in the late afternoon...

jul

Oh dear,

The list is just handwritten by my fren. She told me she went to those places to look c the showflats. Do you think HDB will be a reliable source? I dun quite trust them, u know...

jul

Hi ever,

Oh, so it's possible to do with duchess satin. Gd! I tot the material used must be light, like organza. But the organza train doesn't feel 'solid' enough. *hee*

Ur fren quite smart. I didn't think of memorising the designs &amp; draw them out straightaway. Actually the 2 designs I've seen so far weren't impressive, so no great loss I guess
happy.gif
But shall bear that in mind for my next ID visit.

Hi Yvonne,

U've been to so many showflats? Impressed! *kow tow*

I'll prefer the plain calla lilies with ribbon, no leaves, no small flowers. I believe ROM shd be simple &amp; sweet, so I'll go for the not so 'kua zhang' look. But not sure of the px quoted to you tho.

Jan &amp; ever -
Think I'll go to the showflats in Sengkang &amp; Buangkok this weekend. Since I'm going there to open my new flat anyway.
happy.gif
So happy!

yvonne

Hi Ever,
Ur rite... shd hv brought e pic along, got one Calla Lily hand bouquet from herworld/femalebride mag, very nice!!! U reminded me.... THANKS!!!
happy.gif

Hi Jan,
Yeah $35 for Calla Lily quite cheap liao hoh... thk elsewhere can't find this rate!

Hi Jul,
Haa haa... what time delay?
uhoh.gif

Hey, my place here (tanjong Pagar) got few nail shops! Will go check out their price...... hee hee!

yvonne

Hi Jul,
CONGRATS!!! Got yr KEY to HOME SWEET HOME!!! *Envy Envy*
Thk Buangkok flat's design quite nice, me &amp; Bf like it among all the flats tht we've visited so far! Prob can get some idea on individual flats then combine with urs... WHHAAAALA!!!

Hey Gals,
Help me &amp; Silver keep alook out of the white tent at Sengkang/Punggol this month... hee hee!

jul

Yvonne,

My msg at 1.45 pm. I posted it at 12.30 pm b4 I went to lunch, now then it appeared! So strange...

doreamon

Hi MT,

Wow!! U once again surprised me. Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Will look into it later. That is what FH and i were thinking especially when all the invitations are printed already. Will keep u updated.
happy.gif

I should engage u as my wedding planner lei..
happy.gif

Hi BinBin,

Sure! That is exactly what i have in mind and i already mentioned to Karen. So see you gals tonight. Chopsticks are supplied by me. Remember i mentioned before that my gf and i are into small biz doing wedding favors and ring pillows? Chopsticks is one of the items offered.
happy.gif

Hi Binbin and Ivory,
For NICk Goh, i won't want to talk of him anymore. The damage is done.

yan

hi jul,

congrats... getting new flat liao.. not like me, still hanging there.... *sob* *sob*

jan, me replied to your mail lei...
angry.gif
angry.gif
david charged me more lei... must go bargain some more... lucky have not signed any thing yet..

jan

Yan, me also replied u liao.. haha! my package without ps is lower, but urs with PS seems to have more items.. i think he also blur, forgot wat he has quoted u thne told me something diff!! haha!!

haha.. Yvonne, u very funny, say Jul's PC hungry??!!! haha!!

jul

Hi yan, thanks! So happy, seems like I've been waiting forever for my keys. Really wanna get my own place to stay, as I do not wish to stay with ILs. Now cross my fingers I know how to check for defects properly, &amp; I get a gd reno contractor. Just dun burst budget!

Jan &amp; yan,

So if Jan signs up with David, then u gals can go to bridal shop together. Instead of dragging ur bf/hubby along *hee*

yan

mine with PS is the same as yours mah... he quoted me $4k as well.. did not ask him for actual day, so dun noe how much...

jan

but yan, u have extra 2 men's suit to rent leh.. mine dont..

Yup Jul, u got to check ur house properly, check every corner ya! hehe..

silver

Hello...

Hi Doreamon,
Glad that you ve get things settled. Dun worry so much n be a pretty bride!

Hi Ivory,
I am still trying to find out more abt the biz hehe. Since ur hubby so creative can consider lor.
wink.gif

Hi MT,
You really really creative ya! Any suggestions for outdoor wedding wif marquee set up? hehe

jul

Jan,

Do you happen to have some kind of checklist on what to check? A bit nervous leh...

Dun wanna end up with the sewerage pipes bursting all over my flat or something *cross fingers*

silver

Gd afternoon ladeis...

Wow wow so active today ya?

Hi ever,
Oh it's 4mths n not 3mths? Actually my family is not v pan tan one so depends on her bf's mum hor.

So now you like bustier too ya? I was like you until I tried a bustier in Allure and fall for the design too hehehe

Hi Jan,
Can you email me David's package too? Do you ve the one with n w/o ps?

Hi Jul,
ACM stands for Asian Civilisation Museum.

Hi Yvonne,
Meritius Mandarin is previous Mandarin Spore.

By rite 3mths b4 n after ur wedding we can't attend another weddings but again it's individual lor

$35 for 3 stalks of calla lilies very reasonable rite? Try not to go for tulip cos it opens up very big under hot weather n dun looks gd once it open up.

jan

no Jul, i dont have the check list, urs is premium mine is standard, guess it's different.. i dun remember having any check list for mine leh..

Haha, wont be that bad lah, dun worry, the pipes wont burst so easily rite! hehehe..

miumiu

Hi gals....

i'm a 2004 bride too
happy.gif

Was wondering any of you have sign up any bridal boutiques yet? Which are your choices &amp; why?

cheers :>

yan

jan, u got mail...
happy.gif

jul, dun get too stressed out.. must have faith in local products..
biggrin.gif
i guess you need to check whether are there any cracks on the ceiling, flooring, and maybe the windows panes... and whether are the taps leaking...

yvonne, sorry har, but what is calla lilies?? is it the same as normal lilies outside?? u got any pix to show??

yvonne

Hi Silver,
Your sis getting married too? Isit e one with you during the Graceful Image Bridal Show? I bet yr mum sure veri happy &amp; sad at the same time cos got 2 weddings in a year but both u sisters are moving out...!

Oic... meritius mandarin is mandarin spore! Hmm... must be very expensive rite to hold wedding there?

Btw, where exactly is ACM anyone???

So far, I've not try on any gown yet... Stl not sure which type suits me? Hee hee...

Hi Jul,
So when you intend to start the renovation? This month not too good rite... prob wait till lunar 8th month! In the meantime, do your homework and get some quotations ya!

Hi Yan &amp; Jan,
You girls can go compare the package and make sure both gets the equal stuffs... hee hee!

jul

Hi silver,

Looks like u're preparing for 2 weddings, one is yours, &amp; the other ur sis, *hee*

Hi Jan,

U nvr know okie. No one expected the pipes to burst in Punggol right? Or the Marine Parade flat to be stuck w/o a toilet bowl? Better be safe than sorry!

Yan,

Precisely I dun have faith in local pdts! Anyway, the pdts are not local, they're using foreign tallent :p

Hi Yvonne,

It's okie, I'm not pan tang. But anyway I'm not ready to start reno. Must firt do my homework, decide the design I like, fix budget, check for defects etc. So many things to do b4 I can start reno, think I'll start in Sep earliest
sad.gif

yan

ladies,

i read from some where in the forum that the tongshu is out liao, and that they are getting their dates liao. One gal said that she gotton her dates liao, the other one say that the shifu ask her to go down this weekend.. anyone aware of this??

if it is true, must ask MIL to act fast so she can have the date that she wants... scarli later the date she want, my hotel already booked, then she give me black face...

btw, forget to tell u gals how i spent my birthday... at home, in bed, with running nose and swollen eyes....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

jul

Hi Jan,

Email me too leh, abt David's package. I'll KIV till after I start my reno, then back to gowns hunting again. *yippee*

Yvonne,

Sorry, no idea. It's a bit gao nan du for me :p

Yan,

In that case, better quickly get the date before it gets snapped up. U like Oriental right? That's pretty popular.

U so poor thing. There's a flu bug running ard. I spent the last 2 nite's waking up periodically to blow my nose too. hope I dun kena flu *sigh*