(2004) Brides of year 2004

binbin

hi forest, oh i see.....well, renewal day spa, esp the one at UE2 is nice! very soothing, relaxing. and like what cin said, she can fall asleep in the relaxation lounge..
happy.gif

forest and doremon, i have tried emily before. ya, come to think of it, yah i think she dun use needle hor..... but i dun rem her skills good lah, find her a bit fierce leh....
sad.gif
as for jo, intending to try...
happy.gif

doremon, if i am not wrong, ivory also can do.....can check with her??? she's the one who helped me sew on the little flowers very nicely onto my ring pillow!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ino, hehhee u beri farnie leh! u dun like the long facials ah? for me, the first thing i look at is the timing...i love long facials coz i can rest longer. BUt, i am like you, can't stay long in one place. so what i do whenever i am on mask is shift around in the bed to make myself comfortable. i will keep shifting. if i am really tired,i will drift off to sleep...
happy.gif

binbin

hi dolphin, my wedding will be at Conrad.

sunflower, dolphin and shinchan is right. some bridal shops are not honest. but there are some who are loh. well, i heard that some, like bridal zone, will segregate their OTR gowns into "first wear" and "second wear", it's quite clear cut. the 1st wear are new ones which just came from overseas designs. the second wear are of course those which have been worn by brides before lah. and i think they are quite honest. but i am not sure of the rest. perhaps u can find out from ppl who have signed up with santiago's brides about their experience?

hehe about the empire and A line cut, u wun know until u try it... dun worry, you dun need to be a model to look nice in gowns. wedding gowns have fantastic designs that will make us look good! just a matter of which one suits you....
happy.gif
try it and let us know kae!!
happy.gif

Hi cc2, about the photoshoot....well, usually it is taken 2-3 months before the wedding. so if you can, no harm booking earlier with them mah.
happy.gif
you will need the photographer u like to be present, and the makeup artist to be available too....hehhee...sometimes can be kiasu. for me, i booked with Robin in end April/early May for a PS in Nov. when i went down for 2nd appt in mid May, Helen asked me about my photoshoot date oredi. I told her about the date and she immediately booked the makeup artist for that day.

silver

Gd morning gals!

So only Yvonne n Jul working today ya? Hey I went for my first gym wif PF yest. Too long nv exercise, now leg feeling abit pain....

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

How much did u pay for your French package? I paid $3388. Some of the gals in the French thread were saying that they have some new and nicer gowns at this little room behind where the lady boss is sitting. Ask them for it just in case u can't find any nice ones. If u do not have to pay anything extra to MTM, then just tell them that u really can't find anything u like and u can MTM.

Hi binbin,
Tks.. wow u booked ur PS date so early!

yvonne

Hi Silver,
Nice to see you here...
smile.gif
Thot no1 will be in except the both of us. But Jul bz clearing her work so cant chat with me...

Is like that one... inititally i started going gym also aching like hell for few days, aft which is fine. You must go consistantly then will not feel the pain already. Hee...

jul

Hi Yvonne,

So you've managed to get your emoticons to work
happy.gif

Hi silver,

So, how'd u find the place? Did u just use the gym equipment / u went for the classes? It's like that when we dun exercise for too long. Will definitely ache for a few days.

sunflower

Hi CC2, i think thurs and fridays are good for weddings too since its near the wkends..i always feel more awake during thurs and fridays too while at work..hehehe
happy.gif
For PS, should be around 3 mths before wedding..heard tat they need 1 mth to develop and touch up photos...so your PS should also be around end of the yr.
happy.gif

Dolphin, u r so lucky to have bargain for a MTM!At least its new gown for MTM.. i just hope that i can get a nice and new gown off the rack..i scared that the shop would force me to take a OTR for the EG ( so far i have not seen santiago's EG collection ) but my FH say can tell them that i really dun like any of the OTR then can go for MTM loh..dunno will this work or not, feel like very bad hoh.

ShinChan, think your friend's SIL must have feel rather pai-sei...how can the shop has not ethics at all ? so bad woh. i mean its once in a lifetime for every girl to get married and a dream to make herself the prettiest bride loh..so sad for her. Lets keep our fingers cross tat this wont happen to us when we have our 1st appt next mth.
happy.gif

sunflower

Hi CC2, i think thurs and fridays are good for weddings too since its near the wkends..i always feel more awake during thurs and fridays too while at work..hehehe
happy.gif
For PS, should be around 3 mths before wedding..heard tat they need 1 mth to develop and touch up photos...so your PS should also be around end of the yr.
happy.gif

Dolphin, u r so lucky to have bargain for a MTM!At least its new gown for MTM.. i just hope that i can get a nice and new gown off the rack..i scared that the shop would force me to take a OTR for the EG ( so far i have not seen santiago's EG collection ) but my FH say can tell them that i really dun like any of the OTR then can go for MTM loh..dunno will this work or not, feel like very bad hoh.

ShinChan, think your friend's SIL must have feel rather pai-sei...how can the shop has not ethics at all ? so bad woh. getting married should b most memorable and a dream to make a bride the prettiest and most happy in her life..so sad for her. But did her photos turn out nice ? Lets keep our fingers cross tat this wont happen to us when we have our 1st appt next mth.
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Silver & Jul,

Got to go... niece 1 year old birthday today!!!
Looking forwardt to our meeting up next tuesday...
happy.gif

poox

hi

totally agree with pebble.....i'm sure we dun want to settle for 2nd best rite! so should book your ideal photographers soon!

yvonne

Hi anniesem,

As for looking at the ballroom, I just went directly to the hotel, trying my luck to see the ballroom itself.If you went on weekend, most probably you will get to see the ballroom setup as there is always wedding getting on. Try your luck.

As for the bridal boutique, is better to make an appointment before you went down as majority of them need to make an appointment first. During your appointment, they will tell you their package and let you try on their off-rack gowns.

Enjoy your weekend. : )

cc2

Hi Sunflower,

My bridal shop told me that they need 2 mths to do the album. Better give more time allowance just in case they have too many albums to do then cannot make it in time then chiam ah!

cyn

binbin, how many sessions then can see result? i heard the clay cleasner is for ance prone skin.. lynn can always feel the lumps but cant see it on surface.. maybe tat's why lor. hey, u bought so many pdts... u only ve one face leh... haha... my fren is using the skin brightening system too. told me tat she can see her complexion is improving.. but i cant tell leh.. hee. did u get the biggest bottles all these pdts? i cant decide to get smaller bottle to try 1st or bigger bottle to save cost...

awt package i tried at renewal ah.. i forgotten liao... i think there're bath, scrub, wrap & massage...

ino, i've started facial 4mths ago... but i cant tell if it's getting better leh... hee... shd be better, if not i'm wasting money... as binbin said, we ve to maintain our beauty.. if not, wil turn into a yellow face woman... I DUN WAN!!! haha.. hey, i also cant tahan long facial... jus cant stay still.. my body & head will get numb.

u'r getting CS!! great. you're so slim.. i'm sure u'll look good in it. Amor Meus's quality is definitely better than ted collection but more ex. u shd go see urself. i'm sure you'll fall in love with their CS. ted collection is not bad.. but it'll be too simple w/o beadings unless u get a nice material. if not, i'll look like waitress. i'm looking forward to see my EG. it's a CS like EG. hope it wont turn out to be a waitress uniform.

u went for a foot spa. so envy.. i'm so tempted now. maybe later........... hee

forest, i think u might ve mention abt the dog in the thread lah... so u bought the dog? since u're not staying at yishun yet, so it'll be alone all the time rite?

so how's ur ance now? stil can see shadow while looking down? haha

angle, actually i dun ve ur tel in my hp too.. i shall store it now =) i love the banana smoothie. usually if i skip dinner while at gym, i'll ve a glass to tahan my hunger. next time lah, we can meet to ve smoothie... so did u went for any class the other day?

lin, u're in japan now? shiok rite... enjoy urself...

silver

Hi Yvonne & Jul,

I only went for gym yest. Thinking of going for their classes next. Wanted to try out Yoga but even yoga class itself they ve few types (yoga, asthanga yogo, pilates, tai chi, body balance). Anyone here knows the diff?

I will be having my FC (first consultantation) next wk so like to find out fm the trainer as a beginner what type of classes n machines is suitable for me. Me abit kuku lah hehe

Enjoy your weekends ya!

questy

Halo to onee and all,
Busy with reno, MIA for some time. So u able to get anything OTR? I like one of the WG and EG, but the lady siad i wun be able to fit in, so no choice loh. I may go down to J & C next wkend, u want to wait for my racky or sign with TC liao? I wanted to sign with TC, but FH said no point keeping all the gowns, so still need some time to decide.

cyn

hi smurf.. which banquet & bridal studio did u choose? settle ur gowns? now, i'm very nua with all the preparations... everything do abit.. perhaps i shd start finalising it.

ocean

Hi dream! Welcome!! Seem like most of the gal very busy! Me too!! Think I am the worst as most of them are preparing for PS liao and me, have not even settle my Venue.
lame.gif

By the way, when is your Big day?
biggrin.gif

<FONT SIZE="+2">Date &amp; Venue &amp; Bridal</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="0000ff">07th - Smurfy (Raffles The Plaza), Lezen &amp; Ted Collection
15th - Blue Lake(Merchant Court), Kai Bridal
21st
- Ocean(shld be 88 Restaurant),Paris De Bridal
- Pageup(Noble Hse), Everbliss
- amethyst (?)
28th &amp; 1/3- mee mee(Orchard Parade Hotel), Graceful Image</FONT>

dolphin

Hi CC2, I think mine is $3188. If I'm not wrong, we told them we won't take their car so they minus $200 from $3388. Did u sign up with them during their recent exhibition at Suntec?

Think Binbin has a pt - If we want to be serviced by a specific photographer/ make-up artist, we hv to book them fast juz in case they're not available.
CC2, hv u chosen ur photographer &amp; make-up artist?

Sunflower: MTM WG oso has its -ve pts. It may create more worries/problems than OTR. I hv heard from friends tt not all designers r able to tailor tt 'perfect' gown tt u hv in mind. 'Cos they may not hv the same materials as the one say found in magazine. &amp; usu, MTM gowns r only for simple designs. If u want more embroideries/ accessories etc, u hv to pay extra $$$.... I got friends who had experienced the above. Worse, the final MTM gown juz didn't turn out the way they want it to be, by the time the MTM gown is done, it's always too near the wedding date - Not enough time to re-do a new one. &amp; usu u r only allowed to make minor amendments &amp; even if u aren't going to wear it, u still hv to pay 4 it....
sad.gif

M

mee mee

Hi dream,

I have ever enquired about O Studio from friends. They said must be prepared to do a lot of posing... but they take good pictures. Hope this helps.

For actual day wedding photographer, I have booked QinZhong of Greymatter Photography.

Feel free to ask questions if u need to research on preparation things...

cheers,
mee mee

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

Mine was $3388 with the car. I signed up during the exhibition but that was sometime back.

Have confirm my PS in late Oct and book Jinyan as makeup artist but haven't booked the photographer. U know which photographer is good? I know they have 3 photographers beside the boss himself

binbin

hheheh cin_p, ur comments beri farnie ah...hhehee...yes i know i only have one face but i was desperate mah. whenever i go new salon, they will ask me what products i use. most of them will be at a lost to pinpoint any problems coz i will tell them a wide variety of products from hundreds of brands..
sad.gif
so i decided to stick to one, so at least i will know if it's suitable...
happy.gif
hehehhee...

not sure how many sessions...depends on individual i guess. well, i have decided not to go for AHA liaoz. after what karen goh adviced me..... should be changing my package to moor mud or purifying.....

as for the skin brightening system, heard so many good comments about it. but alas, also found out i shouldn't be using now coz i had AHA facials.....so i will either be selling it (try to...no high hopes...), or keep it until my skin is stable then use...

yes yes....u said u have clogs underneath that canot be seen on surface right??? that's exactly the same problem i have....remember??? well, i used to think mine is clogs....but after jess suggest it could be dead skin, and karen said it should be folded inner skin due to hard extraction, i changed my mind liaoz...
sad.gif
so....another problem....sigh....i was told that this one needs time....

well, for the product size, i bought small size for active moist, special clearing gel and multi active toner, coz all these came in the starter kit costing around $60 plus before 20% discount.as for skin brightening, i bought it at $188 before 20% discount, and it also comes in smaller bottles/containers than the seperate ones. this entire system (sold as a set of 3: microfoliant, day bright, night bright) will be phased out after the stocks run out. after this, they will be sold seperately in big big bottles..........any chance u interested to buy over my brightening system??? hehehhee.......i dun think i will be using it until months months later.... SIGH.....a lot of money sitting there...
sad.gif

binbin

hi cc2, not sure whether it is applicable in this case...but perhaps u can look through the albums on display, identify one or two which u really like the style of, and ask the shop which photographer took it. then book with that photographer......

I

ino

Hi cin_p,

aiyaaa, me not slim...u shld see my big tummy...
Went to amor meus. hmmm...frankly speaking, their selection is quite limited. Maybe their workmanship is good, but i do not have many CS to see in the shop except those OTR. A pity they do not have any photos of the CS that they've done and they did not bring out many CS that were MTM by clients...hence could not really visualise their final work.

As for Ted collection, i think their design is wat i am looking for...modern, couture type. I am looking for a CS with a modern twist to it and i bliff in the designer's ability. Reason is because i was able to see his workmanship through the CS that he has designed for his clients as well as photos. I think his CS are gorgeous. ;-)
His beading work is quite intricate as well.

keann

I tik i will look for one later this year...i basically need a photographer for the wedding day only....no need for those wedding pics kind...

Abt the wine supplier no....will post up soon ok....cos it's in my other computer...and the computer is "hospitalised" for the time being...should get it back soon from the doctors..hehehheee.....then i will post up the no.....

Hope the weekend is good....have been raining so can't do much!

poohbear

hi smurf,
i'm not too prepared leh... sorted bridal studio, banquet, booked church, actual day photographer, finalising gown designs now. Finally bought wedding bands! Now settling house.

Things I know I still need to do: invitation card design, combine FH and my side's invitation list, flowers for church, hotel, bouquet, music, wedding car, Guo Da Li stuff...

onee

Halo all...

Shirley : Gotcha... Whatever it is, stay cool okie. Dun hold too much onto yourself, there's 11mths of challenges ahead...

Questy : I managed to squeeze in those OTR with deep breathe
biggrin.gif
Funny thing is all bridal shops showed they masterpiece wedding gown but not their evening gowns. Probably the discussion time took too long (as usual they'll hard sell), they like to arrange for us to go back to try their evening gowns. I'm not comfortable to go back for rounds of hard sell. Nevertheless, do share your experience and comments about the gowns at J&amp;C okie, thanks. I'm fine with either OTR or MTM. But my girlfriends were telling me that no doubt the gowns are not to be kept so doesn't matter. But somehow at least 1 pc would have to be MTM loh. They told me based on their experiences loh. Aiyah, confuse leh...

yvonne

Hi Silver,
So coincidence got to see u at Kallang Cove yday...! Paiseh... nv see u lucky u call for me
happy.gif

I thk yr bf shd knw the difference of dos classes rite? Hmm... me going for my HI/LO at AMORE later in e afternoon...! Kee kee... Healthy lifestyle for sunday!

mimosa

Hello girls,

Me back from Bali. As usual, the holiday is always too short. :p Saw some nice poster beds along the way to some tourist spots, but can't stop the car coz family got itinerary to follow. Wat an irony when it's a free and easy trip! If only only hubby and I went, then we sure would convert it into a shopping trip!

Shirley,

Welcome on board!! Try to stay level-headed and cool. Blowing your top won't help but would aggravate the situation. Probably you can do the filtering of info first, then collate these and present to your FH. Then both of you can be involved in the decision-making. At least then, u won't feel like u are the one doing all the things.

U are looking for resale? which area? Need help?

Choco,

$10K should be enuff for a basic reno for new flat. My sis-in-law (hubby's sis) got her new Sembawang 4rm flat renovated at 10K. She only did the kitchen cabinets and the bedroom wardrobes. Hers was a premium flat, so the floors, bathrooms, kitchen tiles are all done up, so only spent 10K on carpentry works.

Onee,

No lah, just go Tiffany see see first. Hubby dun mind spending but the item must be value for money. Couple of weeks ago, he just blew 3.5K on a vacuum cleaner for our house, but then when I wanted to get myself a Swatch watch which cost less than $100, he scolded me for buying a piece of plastic. That is what he means by value for money. He got a colleague whose dad is a jeweller and he supplies gold and diamonds to leading jewellery shops. We intend to ask him to design and make the si dian jin for us as he also sells his designs to many jewellery shops in Singapore. We just wanted to go Tiffany to see see the design to steal some ideas, as I dislike the traditional kind of gold jewellery for si dian jin. I've never been to Tiffany before, but heard their design is very chic and contemporary, what u girls think?

dolphin

Hi CC2,

I hv oso booked Jinyan as my make-up artist. Hv not decided on the photographer(outdoor) yet. But we hv requested for the boss to take our indoor shoots.
I believe the 3 photographers u mentioned is Xiaofei, Joe &amp; Hebert. Heard tt they hv a new photographer, Ah Wai. Heard tt he's not bad oso.

Binbin has made a good pt. In fact, tt's wat other married friends advice us on how to choose our photographer. 'Cos each photographer has his own style, so need to identify which style we like b4 we can make our choice.

qqtan

Hello, every future brides. I'm QQ. Going marry end of this year. I'm from Malacca. So, any body can give me some suggestion or recommendation for Malacca bridal boutiques/ shop here? Any body take photos at BRIDAL PLACE, MALACCA?

binbin

hi cc2, are these photographers usually in the shop? perhaps u can have a chance to see the two that u prefer, and see which one u feel comfortable with? its important to like the photographer personally, or else it's hard to relax or smile during photoshoot.
happy.gif

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

Heard that the boss Mr Hee take quite traditional picture. I'm afraid that the pictures will turn out quite Cheena. So u intend to get which photographer. I think Xiaofei, Joe and Ah Wai got good comments, but to sure about Herbet.

Hi Binbin,

Tks. Dunno whether the photographer are at the shop or not. So far in my recent visits there, din manage to see any guys there except for the boss himself.

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

Can I take a look at your lovenest too? Forward to my email address. Thank you.

Have quite a good experience at The Wedding Present. Actually, should alight at Raffles mrt station which is much more nearer. Vicki is the one who served me. She is indeed very friendly. I simply love the evening gown. So after viewing the 5 bridal boutiques, I finally shortlisted 3 of them which was Divine, Sihouttee and The Wedding Present. Have very bad experience at The White Link. Service was simply bad. Kept pushing me to sign up the package. Their gowns were simply not impressive enough. Have a kinda of feeling that happened at IMM, or expo and wedding fair at suntec.

Was on leave tomorrow. Have a nice day tomorrow. : )

marie

Hi hi everyone

how is wedding preps coming along?
I settled the "essentials" - bridal studio, photographer, videographer, makeup stylist, banquet venue, WG and EG designs.

Now is left with searching for shoes, suit for hubby and shirts, the tea ceremony outfit and accessories for wedding.

At the moment they are being shelved aside as i am focusing on reno-ing the house and balancing work with my part time studies..driving me nuts in fact...*cookoo cookoo*

Oh..now also trying last min attempt to slimming down..PS in Oct...*AHHHHH*

CHEERS!

dolphin

Hi CC2,

I'm not so worry abt Mr Hee's 'final pdt' 'cos we can choose the background in the studio &amp; even other costumes besides our wedding gown. Think as long as the back-drop &amp; the costumes 'r not 2 'su qi', the pics won't turn out 2 cheena... Moreover, he's the most 'qualified' photographers among the rest, so I believe the pics will not turn out 2 bad. Hv read abt him in newspaper &amp; magazine b4.

As for the rest, ya agreed tt those 3 got good comments. My FH &amp; I hv met &amp; briefly talked to Ah Wai when we visited the shop, we found him not bad. At least he doesn't hv the 'stuck-up' kind of attitude when he answered our qns... &amp; we quite like his outdoor portfolio.
We'll see whether got chance to bump into the rest, esp Xiaofei(since heard so much abt him in the French thread) b4 we make our choice.

Let me know if u happen to meet any in ur next visit.
happy.gif

ever

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Morning gals!!</FONT>

a lazy weekend has passed for me.... my bf's bday yday... but didnt really celebrate... only had lunch with him and his family... cant think of any special celebration.... heeheheeheehee...
blush.gif
wow, yvonne... you so romantic, wanna organise picnic in the cable car with yr bf!!!
happy.gif
think i too lazy to do all these liao.... i used to be very on about doing romantic stuff for my bf, but i guess age took a toll on my creativity and determination.... hahahahaha....

oh, i bought some materials to do a simple wedding bands holder.... will show you gals the pic if it doesnt turn out too ugly!!!
wink.gif

hhmmm.... didnt hear from Karyinn for a long time...

althought its <FONT COLOR="0000ff">blue</FONT> today, but i'm looking forward to meeting you gals tmw!!

onee

Shirley : Hang in there, it all happen for the ceremony. Things will be fine in time...

Mimosa : Wah, rejuvenated huh
happy.gif
We went to Tiffany on Sat. Saw their WB, simple and limited designs. Still feeling sim-tia over the proposal ring. For that kind of price, can get a bigger diamond at GH, LH or SK leh, aiyah, it's not up to me anyway
uhoh.gif
Personal comments that it's not value for money, paying for their "name". Their silver series are chic and comtemporary but hardly ppl buy it for WB bcos most doesn't come in a pair for couple. Nevertheless, check it out when you are avail okie.

Wah 3.5k on a vacuum cleaner? Izzit something from Osim? My mummy's keen to get the Osim Mermaid or Genie. Have not visited Osim shop, heard from my colleagues that it's too pricey for the features... Ladies, any of you got experience with either of the vacuum cleaner?

yvonne

Morning Morning...
Is Monday again... SIAN and feeling VERY TIRED cos yday went for the aerobics class SUPER SIONG, now whole body aching!!!

Silver,
Hee hee... we went killiney kopitiam aft that!

Ever,
Didnt the ROM provides the wedding bands holder??? Err... can bring yr own one huh? Saw some ppl brought a pair of teddy bears to put on the desk too =)

ever

Hi yvonne!! oh, me holding my ROM outside, so getting my own wedding bands holder.... can be placed in my new house next time... for my bf's wedding band... heeheheheehee.... he hav to remove his ring before he goes to bed!!

me went for KB yday.... you wanna try KB next week?? then you better book early...
happy.gif

wendylee

25866.gif
<FONT COLOR="FF00FF">MORNING EVERYONE!</FONT>

Wow... so much talking of facials and CS!!! MIA for a period and busy settling some of my personal stuffs trying to solve them by end of the mth... very tied up... just poping by a <FONT COLOR="0000ff">HELLO</FONT>. Not much preprations or things done... so neva post... keep it up girls and I will keep a watch!
happy.gif

cc2

Hi Dolphin,
Wow..the boss was feature in mag and newspaper b4? Umm… maybe I shld also ask the boss to take the indoor shoots for me.

I have been to the shop a couple of times but have not been able to meet with the photographer.
sad.gif
Is Ah Wai’s style natural and journalistic? I managed to “peep” at other couples photos when they were selecting the photos, quite nice but dunno who’s the photographer.

No problem, will keep u updated. U let me know if u happen to meet Xiaofei okie?

Hi Jas,

Welcome. Ur wedding day is one day after mine!
happy.gif