(2004) Brides of year 2004

trixie

Hi Evon,
Thanks
happy.gif
Must admit we wanted BB too, but was all taken up by the time our turn came. It was still the queue system then and our appt was on the 9th day of the selection exercise! By 2nd day, all BB flats were sold
sad.gif

So have to look on bright side lor. Location not as good but the full-height windows help!
happy.gif

trixie

Hi anniesem,
Yes agree with soupie. First must set budget. Then for banquet, know roughly how many tables you'll need. That should help you shortlist some. For what to look out for in packages, they're usually rather standard. Pick out the shortlisted ones, pay them a visit and you'll know how to go from there.
happy.gif
Of course it helps to have a date too
happy.gif

As for bridal, after setting a budget, good to shop ard as diff shops got diff style. I signed up mine with The Wedding Present. I can fwd my package details to you if you're interested. I've also got packages of Flamingo, le galleria and divine couture.

What is your email?

shinchan

Binbin, thanks for your advice... Confirm package liao. Other than my 2 MTM gowns, I can't remember what's in my package liao. Will get from FH tonite..
bounce.gif

silver

Hihi,

Putise,
Me not that young too! Same age as Yvonne
wink.gif

Zen,
Mine at Republic of Spore Yacht Club. So did you liaise wif Vicky fm Otani?

Jan,
Thanks for explaining to Yvonne for me. I was thinking how to tell Yvonne where's golden shoe hehehe Hey so ur office in raffles place? So next time if I in that area can look for u for lunch?

Yvonne,
Hey I am from MIS too! Me dip in sales & marketing n guadated in 1997. You?

Btw, I ve email you the diff type of classes from PF.

Jul,
I thought you are in finance? How come ve to take min
uhoh.gif

Hey you very heng huh? Always win something!

jul

Hi gals!

Hey <FONT COLOR="ff0000">putise</FONT>,
U betrayer! Wearing VJ's T-shirt when u're from RJ!
lol.gif
Just kidding...

Dun worry, I know we dun look gd when we're sick. Even celebs look like **** when they're not made up :p

Hey, email me ur hse pics. U got my addy right? So have u started staying there yet, or still gog to be at ur PILs' place?

Hi <FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Jan</FONT>,
I'm still busy *sigh* But at least no need to go for marathon meetings.

Dunno what happened to me these days. I've NEVER, repeat NEVER, won anything in my ENTIRE life! Then all of a sudden, I win the NDP tickets, the signature bk, the gown voucher from Silver Cloak.. Why hah?

<FONT COLOR="119911">Jan, Ever, Yvonne</FONT>
Who cares abt what JCs / unis / even Pri sch we come from? We're still slogging in the working world right?
sad.gif

Hi <FONT COLOR="0000ff">Zen</FONT>,
I guess since u &amp; ur bf are the ones getting married, it's most impt to please urselves. Esp if the 2 of u r financig ur own wedding yeah?
happy.gif

sunflower

Shinchan, mayb we can share our xperience after our 1st appt..or perhaps the gals here want to share with us ?? mine is OTR, the lady say unless i really couldnt find one gown, then they MTM for me but only the EG. So i got to choose my WG from the rack. But how would i ensure that they would not give me a old WG ?? hmm...

binbin, i have flip thru some bridal gown magazines...i think i like those simple gowns in empire or A-line type. But not sure whether it will look nice on me, u know lah, the models always look nice in the gowns but i'm not the model mah..hahahaa.
The bridal package price already confirmed, for more upgrading of photos need to add $$..i'm hope i can save that $$$ ( oopss..) but i heard most of the time would spend more than what is from the package. :p
binbin, my wedding day is olso ur birthday too !!??
happy.gif
sooo good, there's me having celebration on this day with u..kekeke

jamci, thanks for the feedback...think its quite interesting if the ballroom is oriental.at least theres a theme
happy.gif
would ask my FH to go down for a look.

CC2, yes wkday package is much cheaper.
happy.gif
in the initial stage, we also wanted to be on wkdays to save more $$$ but then after considering all brothers and sisters have to take leave then we change. Luckily theres 1 wkend available for the 1st half of next yr which is suitable for us else....

elenne

hi everyone
happy.gif

been quite busy the past few days.

poox: MOCC is medical officer cadet course i think. hmmm... then probably i got the wrong person!

i haven't been doing any planning recently.

keann: i think 16 per bottle is quite good! which supplier is it?

yvonne

Hi anniesem,

Welcome to Dec'04 brides thread. I agree with what Trixie says. Must set your budget first which is quite important. Then your banquet, then bridal...etc

Any problems, feel free to ask. We can discuss together.

trixie

hi jamci,
Hv just fwd them to you. Sorry hor, my home pc still not accessible so still can't pass you the M hotel food feedback.

jan

hello gals!

silver, yup, my off in raffles pl, yup, can meet for lunch! hehe..
ever, sagi in accounting sector, i think me, yan from finance, and there's actually one more member, meimei also in finance. But think she's too busy everyday to log in.. hehe..

Eh Jul, u won the silver cloak voucher too??!! wow, u soooo lucky!!!
lol.gif
Luck's on ur side!! hehe..

poox

hiee

me too! had been really busy and had problem with pc at home!

keann: SengKang is pretty inconvenient....but my new place is just 5 min away from where i'm currently staying.....hence...am used to it liao
happy.gif

elenne: nope. my fiance is not from MOCC.

have a good weekend ahead!

ccy

Yea... J&amp;C is gd. My friend have no complaints abt it.

It might be $$, but at least u are ensured of good service!

yvonne

Ladies,
Had a very FULL lunch... now got to sit-up straight and KLKK!!! =P

Silver,
Yeah me from MIS (Dip in Sales &amp; Marketing) too... But i forgot which year i graduated... cos' aft finished the course i forgot all about it... hee hee! But i thk u shd be my earlier batch! =)

Jul,
Thk is a LUCKY year for you... try grab more chances ya!!! Buy TOTO/BIG SWEEP/4Ds... haa haa!

Right lor... nothing to compare since we're all slogging in this working society in the end. Missed dos school/teenage days...how carefree and fun!!!

Jan,
Seems like im the odd one, not in financing nor accounting...hee hee! Btw, I worked in Tanjong Pagar/shenton way also. =)

forest

binbin,
ya lor... huge open pore.. its not a pimple initially.. jus 1 huge open pore.. which felt quite hard.. i thot its blackhead.. but nothing came out when i squeezed.. slowly, it became acne.. now, 1 huge blemish on the cheek.. waiting for it to heal lor...
sad.gif

hmm.. stressed?? mayb lor... kekeke... more abt flipping thru the papers bah... kekeke
biggrin.gif

ive never been to renewal day spa leh... nice??
happy.gif

wah... u really bought alot of pdts from BI hor!!! eh.. my coll who frequents BI.. says she prefers Emily, becos she's the only one who doesnt uses the needle when doing extractions... but i've heard tt jo's massage is very gd!!
biggrin.gif

cin_p,
kekeke... ya lor.. i told u rite.. can only join spa n facial n massage topics now.. not researching my bridal yet mah..
biggrin.gif

huh? i dint tell u i hve a dog har? its at yishun lah.. mixed breed one... but might follow my sil lor... (if it happens lah..)
happy.gif

oei.. seems like u try alot of facials/spa places leh... most of the things i asked.. u've been there n done tt!!! kekekekek
biggrin.gif

doreamon,
hee.. Wye Wye is 7mths ah... i actually dont quite rem how long b4 the teething will stop.. but its so unnoticeable lor.. i was angry initially as well.. but really no choice... unless u put him in an enclosed area n get those toys for him to bite instead....
happy.gif

ino,
kekeke... i dun consider facial a waste of $$.. its to pamper ourselves mah.. n to maintain our 'beauty'.. kekeke
lol.gif

but binbin is rite leh.. ur skin is very very gd!! no blemishes at all!! ALL CLEAR!!! *envy*
biggrin.gif

evon,
where do u go for ur facials????
happy.gif

jul

Hi gals! I had porridge for lunch. And lots of side dishes. Now quite comfortable, if only I can snooze... :p

Hi silver,

Hehe, it's okie. We're all quite confused here. Too many of us already
happy.gif

Hi Jan,

I won the silver cloak voucher at the HWB show. But a lot of conditions attached. I think I may not be able to use it at all
sad.gif

Hi Yvonne,

I'm also in the same 'industry' as you, administrative! Yeah, we're all the same poor employees trying to make a living
sad.gif

doreamon

Hi Forest,

I bought him a lot a lot of toys liao but then he always very naughty. I am fine after some time like what u said but FH very very angry.
sad.gif

HI gals,
I thinking of doing my own ring pillow. Someone from this thread can teach right? Who is that teacher har? Forest or Ino?

Hi Bin Bin,

Emily's skill is better than Jess. U must try then u know.
happy.gif

angelbb

HI Hi! Wah... suddenly this thread is revived!
lol.gif

Hahaha.... yah, kept bumping into cin_p last week, we very the "you yuan"!
happy.gif
Was leaving gym and wanted to ask if you gals wanna join me for a non-fattening smoothie at the cafe, then realise I didn't have your numbers... hai! Was talking to my boy boy, he in reservist now, so can only talk during certain timings... sian. Luckily he coming out next wk liao!
biggrin.gif

yvonne

Hey Jul,
So ur e one who won SILVER CLOAK voucher at HWB this year??? Why we nv thot of meeting up during HWB show huh? *Scratch scratch*
So ur a civil servant in construction??? Hmm... canot tell where/which co. u working down here rite?

onee

Hi Ladies,

Questy : Went to TC yesterday. I like their gowns and workmanship is commendable. Ya, they do gowns only. Rest of details were recommended but have to go direct. We are considering to sign with them and sign the rest separately.

Wuff Wuff : Congrats, 1 down from your list
happy.gif
So are you working on your wedding package next?

Shirley : Welcome
happy.gif
Wah, good that you've got the 2 important decisions made. It's also good cos now you can focus on love nest search.

Choco : Agree, seems like nothing to do now leh... I'm still browsing wedding pkgs and wedding venue loh... Sent in my ballot too... Gotta wait loh...

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Yup, that's me! I also dunno why we didn't think of meeting up at the HWB show. Prob becoz the show was in such a hurry, &amp; we didn't get the tickets till very late, a bit difficult to make arrangements to meet?

Hmm.. I'll tell you abt my job when we meet, just in case lah
happy.gif

cc2

Hi Sunflower,

Weekdays, the bros and sis have to take leave and the attendance may not be that good too. Hubby’s bro wedding was on a Tuesday and the turnout was quite good. That’s y I was hoping that the geomancer will pick a Thursday for me as it’s closer to weekend, mood will be better too! Hahaha..
happy.gif

How long in advance do we need to book the PS date with the bridal shop ah?

onee

Shirley, though you are beating the clock, try to take it easy okie. There's more to come after you've decided on the flat. Eg. reno, furniture purchase, budget and of course the wedding prep... Talk to your FH and not hold everything onto yourself. Cool...

pebbles

keann,
oh, mine at punggol, now looking at contractors...
as for photographers , take your time, must find one that u really like and also try not to leave it till too late cos the good ones wil be taken real fast, u know how KS singaporeans are lah

have a good weekend girls

yvonne

Hurray!!! Boss &amp; colleagues all OUT...
Hmm...seems like very quiet prob all rushing to get work done before wkend comes... =)

jamci

Hi sunflower, that was 4 years ago, so it might change a bit from my description.

CC2, heee i loved thursday too. My hubby and i were born on thursday, we first dated on thurs and ROM on thurs too. Aiya should have choose wedding date on thurs leh....forgot abt it. :p

silver

Hihi,

I am feeling bodyache and so tired. Think mens coming... do you gals experience this?

Jialat still planning to go gym tonite. Already so tired even b4 I go exercise
uhoh.gif

Yvonne,
Hey wat a small world ya! You just completed recently?

Yvonne &amp; Jan,
Lunch at Raffles &amp; Shenton way quite scary rite? Always so crowded! So where is ur gals office?

Jul,
Ya ya, our group here is getting bigger n bigger hehe

shirley

ya.. i am trying to compromise with him. but sometimes it is getting difficult coz he is studying part time &amp; will only graduate in end nov.

yvonne

Hi Silver,
I do experienced menses cramp last time but not lately... *TOUCHED WOOD*. Sometimes I'll get cramped till i faint... scary rite?

I'm more towards tanjong pagar, u noe where is M Hotel? Hee.. my bldg is just besides the hotel. Yeah, SUPER CROWDED during lunchtime esp. Raffles Place!!! But kinda of used to it already and noe where to find good food in these area. =P

Yeah the force is definitely getting bigger n stronger...wif all the 'OLD' bird &amp; 'NEW' bird... haa haa!

silver

Hi Yvonne,

Usually I experience cramp first 2 days of the menses but b4 my menses I will feel very tired n whole body aching
sad.gif

Hey shiok ya no govt liao hehe

yvonne

Hi Girls,
Have you heard of "Picnic In The Sky" at Cable Car St! Any1 try b4? My bf's birthday is coming, feel like trying this idea. Any better or surprising suggestions from all e meimei...?

silver

Hi Yvonne,

Ya heard abt it. Think now they having promo - think charges for 1 cabin is $10 over dollors for a few hrs? You can bring your own food but you ve to bk early lor cos I was there on mon n they r fully bk on coming wkends.

yvonne

Silver,
Huh... so popular!!! I heard is only from Mon-Fri (6.30pm to 8.30pm). Just nice can eat and watch sunset up there...hee hee!

silver

Hi Yvonne,

Paiseh you are rite - its weekdays only. You can call 63779637/41/38 for more info. You must bk min 2 days in adv (by fax) will do.

How happened to the rest huh? Hmm... Looks like going to rain soon....

shinchan

Sunflower, will let u know when I'm goin for my first appt.

Share wif u an experience that my fren's SIL encountered. Her gown is OTR. The bridal shop assured her that their gowns are very new. Especially the one that she had selected is definitely brand new, she'll be the 1st person to wear it. Hence, one fine day, she showed her colleagues her PS. To her horror, her colleague confirmed that she had exactly the same gown from the same bridal shop for her wedding. Then she realised that her bridal shop has lying to her.
angry.gif

Hence, I guess it might be difficult for amateurs like us to detect whether it's a new or old WG lor. They can alter &amp; amend the WG to make it look brand new. Hopefully, ur bridal shop is truthful &amp; sincere lor...

Gals,
Have a nice weekend!!!!
smile.gif

jul

Hi Yvonne &amp; silver,
I'm still alive!
lol.gif
But I guess everyone's gone off for the weekend?

Yvonne,
I'm working 2moro *sigh* Is it ur Sat off?

Silver,
I get tired too, &amp; there're some other symptoms. But not gog to post in public for everyone to read *hee*

jul

Haha! I knew it! Everyone's gone off for the weekend.

I'm on leave on next Mon - Tue, so dun be surprised if I dun post anything
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">OPERATION DISCLOSURE</FONT>

DATE : 15 Jul 2003 (Tue)
TIME : 6.30 pm
VENUE : Suntec Marche

ATTENDEES :
Jan
Ever
Silver
Sagi
Yan
Yvonne
Karyinn (tentative)
Jul

lin

hello girls.. so long didn't come here.. hope you girls have been enoying preparing your wedding..
happy.gif
me on holiday now
happy.gif

A

anniesem

Hai all,
really thanks a lot for the advices..
mus really thank soupie and trixie for emailing the details and to navy too..
really thanks for giving such great support and advices.
I jus started to draw a list of what I wanted on wedding banquet ... a min of 35 tables are involved and hopefully I kept the budget range for each table below 800. Can I just check with you girls? How do you go about in checking the hotels' ballrooms.? Pardon my ignorance.. Do you make appt for looking at the ballroom?? or something else

As for the wedding package... Can I jus walk in any bridal shop and say that I want to take a look at their dresses and wan to try on??? then decide whether I wan a not.? Will it be more expensive..

I

ino

Hi binbin/forest,

no lah...my fringe covers those small "unripe" pimples at the forehead...hehehe...so it gives a false impression

hey, you are right. i did have a pimple outbreak after my facial. In fact, i went to facial twice and swear that i would not go again unless absolutely nec. Both times i went, they have extraction. Everytime they squeeze my black/whiteheads, my tears start flowing and my nose gets runny...

Also, the facial usu takes very long...about 90 mins. Could not stand the part whereby they put the mask on and leave you there for 30 mins. I'm so bored!

guess wat, just went to indulge myself in a foot spa cum pedi at Nailgirl today....wow...so pampering...and my skin felt so smooth after the treatment! It's only $33.

If you've got $$$ to spare, try Serendipity at Holland V. It's opened by a Japanese lady. Try their honey milk spa for the feet...it's also very irresistible!

Hi cin_p,
Have decided to make a cheongsum now. ;-)
Going to Amor Meus to have a look tmr. If it's not too expensive, mabbe can get it from there. Another pl which i'm considering is Ted Collectioin. Have u been there? Their long CS is quite affordable...from $600-700 (exclude beading)and their design can be both contemporary and classic.

AngelBB,
long time neber hear from ya already! you've got great discipline to go to gym leh...me still haven't got down to the gym even though my fotoshoot is approaching!!! yiaks!

dolphin

Binbin: Mine will be held at OCC. Wat abt urs?

Sunflower: I bargained for MTM package but the bridal shop oso told me to try the OTR 1st b4 I go for MTM - their reason is maybe I can find a gown tt I like &amp; suit me..... I guess tt's always their tactic?!
But my concern is oso whether will I get to wear a new OTR gown. Like wat Shinchan shared, most of them will lie to brides-to-be like us tt we'll be the 1st one to wear tt piece of gown tt we hv chosen fm the rack, even if it has been worn by more 1 bride!
Guess it's a once-in-a-lifetime affair, so most brides will wish to wear a new piece right?....

yvonne

Good Morning!!!! Jul, are you there???
I'm working today.... Sigh! =(
But nvm time will pass very fast...hee hee!
So ENVY ur on-leave next wk... a long wkend for u hoh. It seems going to rain soon...

jul

Hi Yvonne!

So we're 2 miserable souls today
happy.gif

Must try to clear the urgent stuff b4 my leave, or boss will nag at me again :p Will check in later if I finish my stuff k? Have a gd weekend, in case I dun have time to come in again
happy.gif