(2004) Brides of year 2004

jul

Hi gals! Today is a super bad day for me. So busy, then kena 'screwed' by boss for being too slow *sigh* But I'm doing something new what, still learning so must give chance right? *sob*

Jan,
Must reply everyone right? Later u all think I 'tao' or some thing *hee*

Ever,
Yeah lor, u gals posted so many msgs yesterday when I was super busy, so today gotta post till my money's worth!

I know we have to stay for 5 yrs, but 5 yrs pass quite fast actually. What if we decide to get a resale flat in a gd location, then our hse is done so nicely. Let someone else stay, also heart pain right?

Yan,
It's okie, I also can't leave work on time *sigh* We c u at Marche then.

Karyinn,
Maybe I feel differently coz I'm in the civil service. But then, it's true that we have some gd points. Just that sometimes when u know what's gog on in the background, u get a little more cynical

binbin

dolphin...u can let ur bridal shop know ur preference...see what they say?
happy.gif
which bridal shop have u booked with?

zen

Hi gals,
i had orendi book my banquet and bridal liao. Thanks for all your comments and advice.
THink i will still stick to this date. I told my mum abt this laz nite, she told me it;s okiee, dun be so pantang, anyway my guy is a free-thinker,kind of like bo-chap....

navy

Hi Rene,
thank u for starting this thread.

Hi Trixie,
nice to see you in this thread. i think this is where i should belong. hee hee. I'm prob a Dec 04 bride.

Just some sharing on my part:
To those who r scouting for boutique,
i m signing up with Jawn happy.ever.after
They have very good comments in this forum (in fact, no negative comments at all).

And for those looking for banquet venue,
I'm considering Le Meridien. One of the cheapest ballroom package available and food not bad. I'm going for the wedding show on 20 Jul 03. If anybody is interested, we can meet up then.

Cheers!

jan

hello gals!

Jul, yeah, i temped b4 at a civil service job, so i know how it's like... haha.. well, no need to comment too much abt this!

Yup, for me, i think just as long as ur house is cosy that's good enough, think no need to renovate so nice lah. But of coz, diff ppl think differently. Some ppl feel just do basic reno will do, but some like their house to be done up nicely...
happy.gif

Zen, care to share which banquet and bridal u book with?
happy.gif
That's good that ur family are not so pantang!
happy.gif

dolphin

Thanks, binbin.
I've booked my bridal package with French Studio. We were attracted by the photos they took, especially my fiance, was impressed by their photography skills... but I'm a bit worried abt their range of gowns available. So far, I've not seen any which attracts me when we visited their boutique. Hee hee, though I've not hv my 1st fitting yet. Instead, I've been attracted by other boutiques' gowns, but sad to say tt their package r on the higher side & we can't afford to spend 2 much on the wedding package....
sad.gif

sunflower

binbin, i havent been to imperium b4..will let u know when i get to see it this wkend
happy.gif
As for club chinois, is it a funcky place ? maybe me also "suah-ku" lah...kekeee..i just know a lot of ppl like to choose there for wedding. The restaurant is located in orchard parade hotel. anyway, i'm going for good food and okie ambience, tats why we choose the tunglok restaurants.
happy.gif

dohphin, binbin : looks like we may be getting married on the same day ! is yours a sat or sun ?
CC2 and Jamci, think both u may also b same day ! haha..

my bridal shop hasnt arrange the PS for us yet cos we have yet to choose the gown. 1st appt is in late august. If PS is at nov and dec, is it inconvenient ? is jan not raining season ? how long do we need to get the photos ready before actual day ? If nov to jan also raining then how ?
sad.gif

baobao

dolphin, did u try on their gowns when u made the 1st visit to the bridal studio ? i did try on a few pcs at the bridal shop which i sign off with. We take up the package partly bcos of the price and partly we will bit lazy to scout around. And after we sign up with them, my FH say not to look at other bridal shops anymore cos he so scared that i would get distracted and regret. Up till now, we are still waiting for the 1st appt.
happy.gif

dolphin

Hi Sunflower, mine is on a Sat. Wat abt urs? Binbin leh?
Baobao, I didn't hv a chance to try on their gowns during our 1st visit. But I did ask them to show me some of their gowns & their 'Kuas'.
Actually like u, we also a bit lazy to scout around & my FH also ask me to stop looking at other bridal shops... ha ha, 'cos like urs, he knows tt I'll get distracted whenever I see a nicer gown elsewhere.... We're also waiting for our 1st 'official' appt, shld be next mth. Btw, which bridal shop u signed up with? When's ur wedding?

dolphin

Hi CC2, Bingo!
happy.gif
Have u selected ur gown? I know tt we need to pay for the make-up for the extra day but can't rem whether is it $100. Hmm, will ask my FH later.

ever

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Morning gals!!!</FONT>

jul, dont feel so sian, k?? all bosses are like that!! they forgot how they used to struggle when they first started out!! afterall, it has been quite some yrs for them.... heeheehee...
lol.gif
ya, agree about the house thingy... was telling my bf that we shld downgrade after 5 yrs... not so siong and maybe i can stay at home and look after my kids!! haahahaha.... *dreaming*

zen, good for you!! since yr parents supportive of yr choice of date, then no worries!! ya, which bridal shop did you signed up with and where's yr banquet held??

jan, seems like you're the only one who log in at nite...
happy.gif
even silver was not around last nite!?!?!?

yvonne

GooD DaY GaLs...
Surprisingly yday was so quiet here? Ever, ur 1st today...haa haa!

Zen,
Welcome to this thread! Care to tell us which bridal n venue u booked...hee! We gals are aws very KPO one =P

Jan &amp; Jul,
Now these situations act as a "WAKE UP CALL" to all civil servants... cos its no longer a "METAL BOWL" for them! But no doubt, their retrenchment benefits is very good still...hee!

keann

Hey everyone.....
I guessed it's quiet cos only got a few ppl here like ourselves...like mayb 3 of us are more active...hehehheee......

Pebbles: Not sure if you had mention before...but where will you be having your wedding??? have you made up your mind yet.....

I went to imperium with my good friend yest....cos she has a wedding next week....and it looks pretty nice...quite big...but i will still rather a hotel...for the ambience....however, imperium is charging quite expensive as well....and no free barrel of beer on weekends packages

Poox: you live in sengkang area...is it inconvenient to get around...i have some friends living there and they complain abt the inconvenience....i live in a 5-rm in yew tee...we got this place a year ago.....cos my parents live nearby so i am pretty used to this area....dun really wanna stay anywhere else..hehehehe.....

So how's everyone prep for wedding??? I just found a wine supplier some days back....but my friend got another recommendation as well....abt $16/bottle....is that a good price???

okies....hope to hear from you all soon.....

zen

hi keann,

would you mind sharing with us the names and contacts for the two wine suppliers you mentioned? $16/bottle is a good price, but will need to consider the quality as well...

thanks!

jamci

Hi CC2, that why i checked out with the bridal studio first before i signed.
happy.gif

Sunflower, CC2's date is on 2nd week, as for me, mine is in the 3rd week. So very hard to be the same date...
The club chinois is more like shanghai theme with low ceiling. My cousin had her wedding over there 4 years ago.

jamci

Dolphin, you had to check whether your photos will be developed in singapore or taiwan.

If in taiwan, it might take longer so as for PS in Jan'04, it will be too rush especially Chinese new year is around end of Jan. They will close their shop longer for rest.

shirley

hi... mind if i join in? my wedding date will be on 5/6/04. &amp; my rom will be on 27/9 this yr...
happy.gif
hope to get to know more abt u ppl... seems like ur topics very interesting &amp; informative too.

pebbles

hi keann,
how's life in spore so far ah...must be enjoying yrself so much with all the yummy food...
happy.gif

yup i have booked my hotel liao, took GCW and just confirmed my actual day photographery, will be getting beetles@work as well, still prefer their work and both hubby and myself feel really comfortable with him..how abt u, any progress so far..???
As for wine, i have not really done my research yet ah but think the price is around there...

not sure if u have told us before but where u will be putting up in the future ah...my future lovenest is at punggol...
happy.gif

i agree with, this thread is so quiet cos only the few of us, no more May brides liao ah...????

yan

morning gals...

*yawn*... boss on mc today so no govt!!!!
but i got to cover her... *sign*

anyway, warm welcomes to zen... u joining us at the gathering next week?

jul -- cool down and relax.. there are definitely days at work that are plain shitty.. and bosses (especially female bossess) can get real bitchy at times.. that's how it goes.. just have to endure and be bo chup, if its not your fault.. everytime i kanna buttered for things that are not my fault, i just take that she is barking... cool down ok??

Ladies -- I got my digi camera already... my bf got it for me before i pay to get tortured by the sinseh and yes, my leg is again in bandage.. but so happy, got new toy to play liao...

sneaky

hi shirley,

welcome welcome....finally i found someone who's holding her wedding on the same day...

a brief introduction about yourself and your prep (e.g. banquet venue, bridal shop, etc...)

yvonne

Yan,
How nice...!!! So yr NEW TOY is Canon IXUS400??? How much u bought for?

Guess what gals...? Today is my boss BDAY!!! Hmm... will be buying a cake for him. Yeah i dun like FEMALE boss too... quite bitchy and hard to handle at times! So far, all my bosses are MALE... LUCKY ME and not too bad bosses too...hee!!! =)

yan

Ya ya... we got 2 extra 128 memory card, $150 worth of printing vouchers, leather camera case, mini tripod stand for $944.00 heart bit bit pain actually, even though not my $$

blurydoey

hi morning gals,
whoa u gals also looking for music too..me too....
pony,
did I email u the corset stuff?forget liao..kekeke..
annmelody,
wha like that also can ar...so jialat...dun be too stressed...I also getting more pimples keep thinking of the wedding stuffs.Saw my digitally modified album..very disappointed..sigh..bor bian..I realised u also cp bride ar? I also lei..just met up with my co-ordinator they chg the wedding favour to chopsticks liao..
cin_p,
very fast hor, wg done, u got take pics bor?so ps coming real soon liao ar..
silver,
told my gf abt it, she said so cheap must go try..kekeke hoping that I can find the time to go yet..very busy with my wedding preps n house recently..
ino,
dun worry , i think the trend now is for weddings is also held on weekdays mine also on weekday.
happy.gif

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

I have not gone for 1st fitting. In fact I’m not getting my gown from them anymore. It was a nightmare when I went down to pick my ROM dress. Ever since then, I give up hope on their gowns. I have already got my WG from Allure Charix.

yvonne

Hey Gals,
I would suggest som1 take a digicam along during for the gathering... can snap snap some pics for memory mah??? What do you think???

soupie

hi gals, i'm also having my wedding in dec04
happy.gif
guess we're very kiasu.. have already signed up with jazreel low collection for bridal and traders hotel for banquet
happy.gif

navy, jawn is good!
happy.gif
i had my ROM gown done there and everyone liked the gown very much including me of cos hehe
happy.gif

cc2

Hi Jamci,

When I signed up with them, it din occur to me that we will be having PS at the end of the year. Anyway, was quite ignorant about all these wedding things during the time when we signed up.
sad.gif

Hi Sunflower,

Mine falls on a Thursday. How about u?

ever

Wah, yan.... your bf really "sayang" you hor... $944!!! is it a newly launched digi cam?? no wonder so exp!! me know nothing about digi cam... all technical stuff are handled by my bf!! hahahaha.....
lol.gif

yvonne

Hi Soupie,

How is the ballroom like at Traders hotel? Didn't get to see when I went over there few weeks ago. Are you getting on the weekday or weekend?

Do you mind telling me how much is per table? How's the food over there?

yvonne

Yan,
So the mission is on you....haa haa! So good hoh... got new toy toy to play and keep u occupied for awhile...hee! Me can't afford such a X toy now, got to wait abit longer...

I

ino

Hi doreamon,

WOW! i'm impressed! what a comprehensive list you've got! very nice of you to share wif the brides here. ;-) heheheh...at least me don't need to go sourcing ard for quotations!

Hi pebbles,
If nothing goes wrong or changes my plans, i shld be having my ROM cum customary on the same day and banquet 2 days later....me want to "get over and done" with all the wedding prep!

However, me thinking of getting a teadress - maybe a short cheongsam tea dress...sourcing for tailors but if there are ready made ones...will consider.

silver

Gd morning...

Home very late so nv check mails so now reading all you gals postings! -blur-

Hi Yan,
No problem. Just let my bf know when and he can meet u gals at Suntec branch.

How's ur leg now?

Hi Yvonne,
Same here. We dun wan to bundern ourselves too much in the hse esp we dun ve much cpf.

Hey Jurong flat even cheaper. My gf just bought her 5Room premium flat @ $192k only!

Hi Jul,
You were 'lost' in Raffles Place? There is actually a short cut there hehe. Ya the one you saw at Far East Sq is the FP. Hey since you were there you should go in n take a look.

Ok see you 5pm at Suntec branch next tue. You want to meet at the PF or ?

Hi Jan &amp; Sagi,
So quiet?

sneaky

wah...also confirmed everything liao huh??? i thought i'm kiasu...but no leh...everyone's almost done...just waiting for the day to come only...

happy.gif

shirley

ya... coz all my married friends say must do this, do tt... so i listen to them &amp; get everything done asap lor. but then, me yet to look for a house.

mum say i can still stay seperately after rom.

pebbles

hi all,
seems like most of the brides have move on to the individual months liao...
so quiet ah this thead...

Ino,
not to worry, my wedding is also going to be a weekday and i guess it's really very common now, most of the oldies are also having their wedding on weekdays mah..
happy.gif
so dun worry so much..
Now u want to get all the wedding prep over and done with, later stages u will miss all the whole process ah...sure girl, must try to treasure every moment of the prep cos it's once in a lifetime..
happy.gif

Doreamon,
how's your rom prep coming along..??? settled your venue liao..??? oh, how's your little doggie ah...???

Annmelody,
u found your actual day photographery already..??? then house renov how..?? settled..??

sneaky

yah it's true...you'll only need to stay together after customary mah...but if both side parents are okay, you can still stay apart (but not too long loh). hv you considered staying with your PIL?

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
Don't mention it
happy.gif
Hope you have a good experience at The Wedding Present!

Hi navy,
Welcome! Gd to see you hear.
happy.gif

trixie

Hi Evon,
My renovation completed last Aug liao!
happy.gif
Will send you some pics. But i didn't do much, cos i wanted oriental style so we're placing more emphasis on the furnishings.

soupie

Hi Yvonne
happy.gif

there are 2 ballrooms at traders.. one can accomodate 19 tables the other one can accomodate 30 tables (min. 20/22 tables for weekdays/weekends)... i've chosen the larger ballroom but i doubt i will have that many tables.. estimating between 20-25 tables.. to me the ballroom is quite simple but yet still elegant...rectangular shaped, ceiling not very high but to us is high enuff.. on one side are full height windows running along the whole wall and u can see the 'waterfall' on the outside which i like but the bad point is there are 2 pillars in the ballroom.. but i was shown the layout.. since i'm not having that many tables.. arrangement of the tables can be made so that my guests won't be blocked.. we've seen the setup of a wedding before and we find it quite romantic..

my wedding is on a weekday.. weekday pkg starting from $628nett.. i signed up during the bridal show so had $30 off each table.. and i took the higher end pkg at $668nett.. so my actual amount is $638nett per table.. weekend pkg starts at $678nett i think.. but without complimentary 20L barrel of beer.

i think i still have the soft copy details of the banquet for traders so if u wanna have a look i can forward it to u.. just let me know ur email add
happy.gif

sunflower

Good afternoon , girls ! taking my lunch time to get in here for a peak
happy.gif

CC2 : U been to club chinois ? hows the atmosphere and the food ? Good? hows ur cousin's wedding..me getting anxious..must go down take a look this wkend
happy.gif

Dolphin &amp; CC2 , my wedding falls on a sunday...tat mean we wont be getting married on the same day :p. lets see which day is binbin's.
Like you and baobao..my FH knows tat i would regret if i go around other bridal shops for a look. So we immediately sign up after we step into the 2nd bridal shop ( lucky shop !! hahaha ) Another thing is becos we got $$$ constraint. Already spent most of $$ on renovation..so bit tight loh.
My 1st appt also next mth!! but nearer to end of the mth
happy.gif
so excited !
Me also very ignorant abt wedding package..i sign up before i found this forum..so when i read thru the bridal shop thread, feel a bit "kah-dok" by them
sad.gif
anyway, i think once sign means cannot ask for anything else already, am i right ??