I am back. Have been endlessly busy these few days!!!! Course, test, settle wedding stuff with watever free time I had.
Have chosen my wedding photos already. No pressure to top up any photos, therefore we din top up a single cent. (Heng ah, as it is now, already eating bread everyday liao haha). We made our selections on a spreadsheet, gave it to the photographer, and gave him the freedom to decide what he will do with our album re: the art work and choose whichever photos he thinks are the nicest..
Thanks for clarifying for me regarding the CPA course. Wah piang. It's 125 questions in 90 minutes (=0.72 min per question)
Can't wait to see your corsage!!
c0co / Nickel
Me conduct corsage class? Wait till u gals see my corsage first, then decide whether u like it or not.
The corsages I eventually made are quite different from the normal ones u see, in terms of the colour theme. It was peach roses and purple hydrangea flowers with lilac organza ribbon. Wanted to use foam roses as they have nicer shape, but spotlight out of stock for the longest time. And expensive too! So settled for cheaper alternative lor...
So sweet of you not to neglect ur hubby. He must be so lucky to have u. Me feel guilty now. Chronically neglecting him to go out with my gf. Oops... must change
I LOVE cats (and dogs too). But I prefer cats! Love them...
Regarding planning for wedding, are you referring to church? I did these:-
1) Attend the EE or Marriage Prep Course. U need the cert
2) Book your church and function hall and inform the church secretary.
3) Obtain a fresh copy of your baptism certificate (that must be not more than 6 months from your wedding date). understand ur bf is not catholic, so yours will do.
4) Select a priest to solemnise ur wedding and inform him early so he can write down the date in his diary.
5) Choose your readings and songs for your wedding mass booklet. Write your own acknowledgements at the back of the booklet if required.
6) Pass the booklet to your priest for him to ok the contents. Pass to him early, so he has plenty of time to look at it, and then u also have plenty of time to print.
7) Look for florist to do your flowers. U can either look for the church florist (ask the church secretary for their contact) or get your own external florist. I got Greenpoint to do my flowers for about 600 in total (including arrangements for my unity candle)
If u are getting ur own florist, then do check with your church whether there are any restrictions on the kinds of flowers that they allow. Some churches are pretty strict. But I think QOP church should be ok. Also chk with your parents if there are any flowers they dislike (for eg, my parents don't like lilies, so strictly no lilies in my church deco)
8) Design and print your church cards.
9) Book an appointment with your priest to do the pre-nuptial inquiry. Bring along your baptism certificate, and EE / MPC attendance certificate and ROM certificate, if you have already ROM.
10) Appoint your helpers. PP to help coordinate the mass. Your choir, musicians, pp to help coordinate the catering, to pay the caterers, your bridesmaid, chaperone for your little page boy / flower girl etc.
11) Select your caterers, get a rough gauge of the nos. attending the church, and cater accordingly.
12) Shop for your unity candles, clothes for your pageboy/ flower girl etc.
HOPE the above helps. P.S. I have soft copy of some wedding mass booklets, and can help u with the songs if u need as I've helped out other couples before. Just drop me a PM and let me know.
For your information, I will be using the following for my march in:
- Nella Fantasia (by Russell Watson)
1st march in: I will be here (Steven Curtis Chapman)/ This is the Day
2nd march in: Household of Faith (can't remember the singers) / Answered Prayer