(2003) Brides of year 2003

P

putise baby

Kopi...

still tiding it up.. when finish, will email you
happy.gif

my dad is using the groom's suit under my package and i MTM a suit (for rental) for my brother with jit.. $200
happy.gif

sweetie, sorry no lobang for video, 'coz me not going to have one... no more $$ liao
sad.gif

kopibean

putise,
sure. no prob. take ur time to do...
wow..so gd...ur father using the groom suit...then ur hb leh??he got his own suit?
u mtm @ rental for ur bro..the price is reasonable!
think me hav to go rent a suit for my FIL n brother @ excelsior...
wan to tell u today late on mc....

amore,
oh...now i recall which song liao..
so much in love by boyz 2 men...me also hav that song....heee

soyabean

hi pooh...
congrats!! saw from another thread... hehe.... must take good care of your health hor?? first trimester very impt to stabilise pregnancy...
happy.gif

all my best wishes goes to you....
happy.gif

shook

Pausini

I made it!! Thx

Dunno wat happen to my co's system. I m not able to access to many threads in the forum these few days after 10am
sad.gif

Too late dat I read your posting wrt the talk. Over olreadi
sad.gif

P

putise baby

kopi..

my precious hubby got himself 2 suits oredi... one from Hugo Boss and another his dad got his tailor to MTM one for him... hee hee so to save money, let my dad use his suit loh...

yeah i know late on mc, she emailed me liao
happy.gif
poor thing got backache...

pausini

My fault the one i attend last sat, i didnt inform all of u.

But they have a new one which i think anyone of u may be interested to join in.

I will be going for it.

amore

kopibean haha paisei... now i rem the song title should be soo much in love... haha old liao... so cannot rem...

kopibean

putise,
wow so gd!!!
hugo boss suits X bo?

oh..late backache...she ok bo??send my regards to her...rest more n dun move so much...

amore,
u not old...still young at heart!
me help u 2 refresh ur memories...

P

putise baby

kopi...

we bought the boss suit during the GSS, usual price is $1400 but at 40% off so quite ok lah
happy.gif

late actually got backache since yesterday... she thot she rest at home last nite would have recovered but no leh... poor thing
sad.gif

just now during lunch time, i went down to arab st and bought some black lace + pink lining to make a busiter dress for fren's wedding... material only cost me $22!!! so cheap!
happy.gif

besse

Alo..

Yvette.. kekke. see, told you liao.. wil be able 2 find one lar. ;)

oh ya hor.. have not bring my pop to make his suit.. hmm.. now buggng everyone to give me guest list. .. hehe oni i have not done up my own guest list. hahaha. ;)

k k .. i got to go liao.. take care and chat again!!

P

putise baby

yve,

i've got a tailor
happy.gif
always go to her to make dresses, both for work and for functions... her workmanship is quite good and charges v reasonable..

i just made 2 dresss with her, with shantung silk, one is a halter neck, the other a v-neck with spagetti straps & low back, both knee length, cost abt $60/dress. I bought the material at same shop at arab st, only $5/m for the shantung silk... cheap cheap
happy.gif

yve

putise_baby, that's a good deal for a dress. Care to share the lobang?
happy.gif
Does she work at home?

Besse, wah.. u have read all the messages above??

are

sweetie/kopibean... i juz spoke to my photographer/videographer, his charges are $480 for 8 rolls of film & $550 for a day of videography. but sorrie sweetie, din ask abt DVD. u interested? then i'll sms you his number.

can say anything abt his videography worksmanship yet, but i'm very pleased with my photos.
happy.gif

P

putise baby

yve,

my tailor has a shop (very old old shop) at tanjong pagar market, 2nd floor. email me and i'll pass you her number
[email protected]

my mom made her evening dress for my wedding with her too... think she charge my mom $110 for a full lace long dress with 3/4 sleeves... very nice!
happy.gif
now my mom's making the day dress with her... not completed yet.

i intend to bring my 2 bridesmaid to make their dresses with her too...

P

putise baby

kopi...

me going to email you my actual day schedule.. pls help me to vet, k? thanks
happy.gif

pam

Hi Destitonia,
I'm very big so actually 6" is very small in comparison to the rest of me :p
I now swim every other day for 20mins each session (need to use lots of conditioner for the hair) and take less carbohydrates like rice, noddles n bread. And lots of pressure from work, does contribute to the weight loss.
The weighing scale does not seem to move as much as I would expect it to.... but overall my clothes seems to fit better.

kopibean

putise,
ok. me will help go through tomolo when i back in office!
btw, ur tailor do the design or ur mum already hav a design in mind?
me also think of mtm a cs for my mum since the price is reasonable!

are,
thanks for your recommendation!
can email me his no?
thanks so much!

S

sp

Hi female,

I m HERE!

Hi all,

Everyone's busy with preparations now ya? Any suggestions for banquet march-in songs?

besse

hi hi

hmm. where's a good and reasonable price place to bring papa make suit??

Meow.

hehe.. we finally confirmed our ID design liao.. finally can start work soon liaoz.. whew!! hmm.. i bargain like siow, in the end manage to cut abt 2 K from the quote.. so our house renov cost at 18K for 3 rooms false ceiling, tv console, niche console cum bench, mirror, 2 feature walls with wall paper, my study room with screen.. errm.. still high, but bo pian since my bf loves it.. anyway, how much is your electrical? my jaw almost dropped when i knew we have 46 lights to buy for such a tiny place like ours *shake head* Our electrical plus lights is estimated to blow another 3.5K... whew.. pok kai liao..

annmelody

Besse,

Think your place need so many light as all your rooms are using PLC lights right?...think my side in all got 22 PLC lights, 2 designer lights for dining and foyer. 6 (40W) other lights for rooms so in total 30 lights.

So if you thinking of saving lights( saving electricity as well) can consider some designer lights for your rooms and dining lor :p

N

nicloe

hi sp

i'm using the japanese song "first love" for my 1st march in .. 2nd one i wanted to use "how do i live" but my hubby said that that song not so nice leh.. so now still thinking ... heehee cos i like jay chou, at first wanted to used his song .. ahahhahaha but beri funny la... u leh ??

ava

Hello Gals!
happy.gif

It's always great to see this thread so active
happy.gif

Keep up the cheerfulness and high spirits!
happy.gif

Sorry I've been busy with work to post msgs or meet up...
happy.gif

take care and hope to meet up at the next gathering if there's any
happy.gif

abrinas

hi pooh

remember me? this is abrinas. how r u? Been a long long long while since I came in cos I was at my HQ most of the time so i cannot come in here ;] Now at Shaw tt's why can sneak in.

hi everyone

finally our wedding's all over n my hse's reno over 2. Just carpentry works actually.

Hi taddess

I have permed hair. I used to hv wavy black hair but I went to perm n colour. Now my hair's hazel with blonde streaks. I did ceramic perm. nearly 2 months already n still good. Hving permed hair will make u look more mature but for me is the other way rd - i look mature with black hair but looked ok with hazel curls. weird right?

Hi priviledged

I also 'honeymoon' at my new place only. No money to go honeymoon as in overseas liao. Nearly dried up after wedding n hse. Hv to save all over again.

Hv to go already. come in later if I hv a chance.

female

wah, jay chou....think abt it, ur waiters can run in wearing dragon emblems & throw food a la martial arts style. hehheh.

sp, good to see u moved back! its been so quiet here. i cant advise coz i hv NO idea yet! im planning to play jazzy/bossanova stuff, but what album, which song to play - ???!

im probably the most "luan" one here. im only taking 4 months to prepare. went for my 1st fitting only last week.

what are you girls busy doing?

N

nicloe

hi female

ya lor ya lor (cool man !!!!).... hahahaaaa but i like his slow songs better leh .. but most of his songs beri said one leh, mostly breakup songs then wedding not suitable leh ...

Har u last week then 1st fitting huh ? all my frenz said i beri "lack" n lazy liao... (cos most of the bride should be beri busy now), wow u more "lack" then me leh .. so how" everything okie ???

meow

Besse,
I have 13PLC lights, 1 designer light at dinning, 7 more lights in 3bdr and another 5 more. Think may not cost as high as yours lor. My living room and bedrooms floor are up. But its not to my satisfactory. Min will know why. So now, we either hack the whole floor up and choose another tile or remove those very bad ones and get discount from the supplier lor. We've decided to chose the second. Thou thinking its very bad, but this is the tiles problems not the workmanship. Then my hubby like the tiles very much and he even use a piler to knock the tiles very hard and he claim that it didn't crack at all. So he likes this tile as compare to the other one i choose lor. Then again, when most of the furnitures are here, it'll cover most of the areas as compare to the 2 other rooms lor. SO hence we decide to get the discount and hope for 50% of course.

priviledged

HI Abrinas,
Been a long time since we 'met' here. I too have been a little busy. I'm now relief teaching. My husband & I will be leaving for the States on the 18th, and I've just handed in my Masters dissertation last week. This is the first week I can concentrate on being a'wife' and doing the housework and cooking without so much stress.

Shanice, How's life? I think Beibei has my h/p no. BEIBEI - do you still need my contact no? My email is still the same.

female

haha nicole, i get the incredulous look all the time for squeezing everything till last min! i draw inspiration fr this other girl who did her preps in 3 months. so im not the slackest yet!!
happy.gif

lazy lar. it started out as ROM only, then dunno how, it just got bigger, & bigger, so now im doing the whole thing. some more my fiance is overseas attachement now, so i do everything myself. my frens all tink i very "li hai". i oso say!
happy.gif

jay chou is super cute. i saw him 1st time at the MTV music awards, & we (my frens) were screaming like the teenagers around. very furnee, coz we're so old!

everything stil okie lar, thxs for asking. juz little details like songs, table arrangem, rsvp, bridal party tasks etc. shit, like a lot hor! got venue, confirmed caterer & menu, got florist, got makeup artist, JP, gown ready soon, 2 more dresses to go fitting (lucky me, the seamtress is very good).

what abt u? are u relaxing already? i know many people rushed to finish things before the 7th month. this is the month to go mei-mei (facials, scrubs
happy.gif

shirsweetiepie

Hi ladies

I'm oso looking 4 songs 4 my walk-ins.

yup yup,like wat female said, tis is the mth 4 me 2 enjoy & relax, go facial and enjoy pampering.
happy.gif

me soooo excited,less than 1 mth time till wedding loh.
happy.gif

are

meow... dun noe wats ur exact prob but juz want to reassure you that it really makes a diff when furniture is in. my homo also lots of scratches, but we too lazy to scrub aft 3 times, and no one even notices anything when the furniture is in! no one noticed oso tat my parquet skirting actually diff tone, so its really ok if it is minor.
happy.gif

shirlynn

Hi Gals,

I am not too good with songs... can anyone help me / give me list of songs suitable for march in and first dish?

Thank you.

Ps : I have thinking of using "always" as one of the march in.. any comments on that?

female

shirsweetiepie, i think i read in another thread that ur photographer is linn kong. so great to hear u were very pleased, coz i also using her leh. are u using her for actual day too? mine has no PS. i was a bit scared of her at 1st, cos she like fierce! but 2nd meeting, ok oredi.

this facial thing is costing the earth! face, scrubs, bust, massage, mani & pedi...any good package to recommend? my beautician came up with a $800 deal! buay tahan!
happy.gif

leo29

Shirlynn,

First dish song is from the hotel so you don ve to worry. You just need to arrange song for first and second march in. Me very lousy at english song, can't help u lei.

Here is a list of song from Kopibean. Hope it help.

1 - Come what May (moulin rouge)
2 - I Finally Found Someone
3 - For the First Time
4 - Fly me to the moon
5 - Valentine

A

aryl

Hi all,

sorry for such long delay in response

was bz on training...

Thanks to kare2711 and Shook for your welcome wishes.

I see that you gals are sharing the post wedding experiences then...well, wait for me, i just need another 2 months more before October.

Yes, Kare2711 I am the Arial from October 2003 thread. I have always wanted to spell it as Aryl, but keep forgetting, so this time i am going to stick to Aryl...

slowed down on my wedding planning side actually..waiting for the one month before wedding month so that will feel the urge to do finish up all the planning...

so, what's the big dos and don'ts for the actual wedding day? got time to share?

thanks! all the best to all of you in your marriage life!

lkf

hi gals

i realised i missed out a lot of stuff...gathering, hm etc. really busy this 2,3 wks... din't even want to log on to home computer
sad.gif

shirlynn

is the song by Altanic Star? the lyrics are rather meaningful. u need the lyrics? got to search my CDs, think i hv it.

hv u checked wif ur hotel wat songs they will use?

D

dragerry

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread.....my fren recommended me :p

having my customary on 8 Nov 2003

busy with my renovation now still....

putise baby: does your tailor make cheongsam?

anyone has got lobang for tailor for man's suit? thinking of tailoring a suit each for my dad and brother

besse

Hi Shirlynn..

Does the lyric goes "Gal you are to me.. all that a woman should be.."?? if so, that is the one by atlantic starr.. I think I have it.. nice
happy.gif

Meow meow..

Hmm.. ok la, 50% disc a lot leh.. hmm.. we starting work this Friday. ask you. you make payments via credit card or by check?? my id wan in check cos they will incurr admin charges, but i wan to pay by cc so can chalk points le.. sulk

Hi Dragerry..

welc to the thread.. how's prep??

Leo..

Today i go nail couture.. don quite like it there.. indulge is better. hehe.. feel more pampered there..

wah.. i finally started engine to consolidate guest list.. hmm.. siong.
happy.gif
how's it going for all of you?

besse

Ann Melody, Meow

Hmm.. we oni have 1 pendent light for the dining room.. rest PLC lights, Halogen light and fluorescent tubes for the moods that bf wans to create... *roll eyes*

cant believe all together 46 lights in the small 99 sqm apt.. give up..

Meow,

U start shopping for furniture??

S

sp

hi nicloe

me thinking first march-in use "never had a dream come true" but got pple tell me the meaning not so good leh... 2nd march-in maybe use "from this moment on"...

at least your hubby got respond, mine every thing dunno...

also thot of using chinese songs, my sis friend use YONG BANG's song...

Sorry ladies

I'm an owl, only log on at night... If i miss anyone out, my apologies.

shirlynn

Hi Gals,

Thanks for your offered help. Actually I already have the song with me but just wondering whether is it suitable for the first march or the second one... but do need another song for the another march in.

Btw.. just to keep you all informed.. I have finished my PS and GDL... all dresses done. Actually thinking of taking pics of them for you to view but as it is quite rush.. I only took them hanging on a pole.. looks not that nice.. so cancel the idea of showing you all...now all in the wardrobe in the bride's room.. cannot go in until wedding day.. so not possible to re-shoot for you all.. but I did use the EG for my PS... maybe can show you all during the next gathering if I should get back my album by that time.

Another big problem I have now is an orange dress my hubby's auntie helped me to sew... for sending off guests. I prefer something more simple after wearing the WG and the EG.. but to me it looks a bit unsimple for my taste but do not know how to say as she insist that its right for the occasion. My sis suggests me to change the cheongsam which also sewed by the auntie for the sending off guests and the orange dress for tea but I feel that tea ceremony should be more traditional and feel that my MIL would feel that too. Actually my bridal shop people also comments that the cheongsam is nice and quite wasted if just use for tea ceremony.. but ....*sigh* do not know what to say. Now thinking of getting another material and use as a reason of not wearing the orange dress.. but do not know if I should do that .. will it hurt her feeling as she told me that the material of the orange dress is not easy to sew and she spent quite some time on it next to the EG.

meow

Welcome dragerry to the tread too
bounce.gif

Besse,
Yeah, I've started looking for my furniture already. I've bought my dinning table, now only left with sofa only. Yeah i agree 50% alot but if the discount is only a few hundreds and not very significant, then we'll jus hack it away lor.

shirsweetiepie

Hi female

I'm still pending,to whether to engage her services for my actual day 2. hope we can finalise soon.
happy.gif

ya loh.there's the 1st impression I had of her too.however,after working wif her 4 PS, everything was GREAT!
happy.gif

I'm using a salon nearby my neighbourhood. took up a bridal package too,but can't remember the $$ liao. piah seh! :p