(2003) Brides of year 2003

M

mt

Hi Wen and Yve, thanks for the input! I think maybe I'm xin1yang2yang3 cos both my WG and EG are RENT... cannot keep (that's why might as well have long train and abit more outlandish look). If rent a kua, again another item I can't keep.

Sigh, later going to bridal boutique (the last visit they were so busy they forgot to demand money, hahaha... this trip they said "urgent", must be want to bill us $$$). The car rental and decoration items I'd probably change into 2 EG to keep (but I buy the materials). 1 for me as cocktail dress, 1 for my MIL (*saka-saka time*)!

I forget... how much % of bill you ladies pay after the first discussion (ie. for them to buy materials, make dress but we haven't seen actual product yet?)

leo29

Wen,

Ya i know they have this rule, I kanna before. Better what so all of us will be there in time. So late commer will become Zui Ren becos all waiting for her..... Just joking, our group of gals are all very punctual so no worry lah. Just afraid many ppl and have to q.

Yve,

Good suggestion! I will do that. But not to worry who wear before becos I believe they send it for cleaning after each function. For me 1st march in will be in WG, 2nd march in will be in EG and farewell will be in kua.

D

dk

Hi to All,
Sounds likes there's a upcoming garthering.
Sori that i've benn MIA for a while cos i jus return from Thailand.
Did i miss anything major?

Came back to attend my cousin's wedding on Sun..
Steamboat...Nice but now having a little probia with food..
Me got food poisoning from my Cousin's Malay Wedding...been running to the toilet since..
Now "Kah Neng".

How's eveyone? How's preparation?

leo29

MT,

I can't remember the percentage but i only remember my is divided into 3 times-Deposit, before PS and last during our collection for actual day. I try to recall...., cannot lei brain spoilt liao. Agar agar hor, should be 30%, 30% and 40%. For me i negotiate with the bridal shop to reduce the deposit to $500, suppose to be thousand plus,
happy.gif

Just my point of view hor, hope you don't mind. If you want to make extra EG to keep, make something that you can wear it for other function or dinner. I have many frds that mtm wedding items becos they want to keep it for memory but in the end they come back to tell me not to waste this type of $. Their items are there collecting dust. Even photos they oso remind me not to develop too much. They said as times goes by you will just put it at one side.

leo29

Forget to add in, my this frd is abit too much lah, she spent addition eight thousand plus just for the photos. I think she took back all the photos.

peabrain72

Hi gals...

Shook... got to fly to london cos bought during the promo but have been there already so it's more a base for us. Still working on where exactly to go but most likely will be barcelona, paris and amsterdam. Me flying off on 14th. Where's Travelex? Can tell me more? Is it a travel agent? You're buying on the hotel and transport from them? Pie say so many questions. Thanks in advance
happy.gif
Heard from friends there's a current heatwave in europe
sad.gif

Sue... thanks. Don't worry, going at of the year means you've got more time to save $ then can go for a longer honeymoon
biggrin.gif
Mine is only 10 days, rather rush.

oso... you're lucky, flying for free
wink.gif

meow

Dk,
Are you feeling better now?

Leo29,
Its the one under the escalator walking towards Marina Square. I love the chicken soup, they have herbs in it. Taste good to me.

Shirlynn,
You wanna join too? The wrist corsage thing will be later. I'll try contact them through mail.

Grace,
Not this friday. Spray will be together with the corsage. Since some of you need to borrow my glue gun too.

wen

Hi MT
I will be keeping all my gowns, including WG. But not sure if any chance to wear them in future. Maybe once in a while, wear at home... ha ha ha...
Since you are renting the kua, might as well save the $ for the cocktail dress. At least, you can get to keep after dinner.
btw U have so many outfits... do you think you have time to change?

I paid 60% of the total cost for 3 gowns after I have confirmed the design.

wen

Hi DK....
How s life? So have you met up w TW to view the design for your gowns? Confirm already? It took me about one month to decide the design for my WG...

Jodie sent me a receipt after receiving my cheque. Did she send you? Do you know what is Wesley's hourly rate for PS?

Have you found your kebaya?

Wow... so many questions!!!!

If can, join us on friday for dinner...

mei

lin
i c.. the backdrop is light orange(WG) n red(EG). the black border is actuali the album itself.

cherubies
wa veri gd huh.. 24 days honeymoon... envy envy..
me went for 4 days honeymoon oni.. hehe

M

mt

Hi Leo, thanks for the advice- I was thinking a cocktail straight dress in BLACK and white, lace and beading... can keep for wedding dinners. My family (and in-laws I hope) by this time should be used to idea of me in black even for my own wedding.

Hi Wen, oic. Mine only:
1 cocktail dress keep (as above),
1 MTM wedding gown rent (long train, full skirt haha),
1 MTM evening gown rent (that feather duster, I mean, feathery looking design).

Yeah will forget about the kua (my MIL not that crazy about it either, only my mum who's Cantonese lah). Save the moolah to buy nicer Arab St material for my cocktail dress!

K

ks

hi astrud, u with kevin seah? me kinda interested too. but the thread not active.

blackcurrant

hi girls

just wanna ask on the actual day when my hubby comes to my place to pick me up, does he still need to put on engagement ring (which i'm wearing now) on me and do we need still to exchange wedding bands? or that's already covered at ROM so no need to repeat? thanks!
happy.gif

are

err... i'm not really for marche... too noisy, long q, and hard to find big tables. dun think its very easy for us to chat, chat, chat! ;P

maybe the other restaurants will be better, esp if we can book a table beforehand.

btw, can't rem if anyone sent to the email list/groups that we are having a gathering? i rem some ppl dun visit the forum often and would like to join us.

shook

Hihi Peabrain

I m checking in on 13th Jun plane take off on 14th Jun. Flight no Sq346 flying off to Zurich. May b we leave on the same day?

Travelex is a tour agent. It is where Ken-Air wz in Suntec City level 3, above Carrefour. I went there wif my hubby n Jazz. We din book the f&e package (3 days europass, hotel accomodation) wif them coz quite ex. My hubby quite vex now. Seems like the plan we had not feasible n we running outta time. Oso understand fm Travelex staff there is an aerofair in Paris fm 13th to 22nd Jun. So hotel ex n difficult to book. My hubby thot of cancelling the air-ticket n take up a package tour. But quite pay say to drop out fm Jazz. We will b checking tis option 2day.

Oh boy, heatweave in Europe, I hate dat. I can't stand hot weather. V v vex.
23322.gif

lynnie

Hi Cin

I am a Mrs since last year Feb because we ROMed more than a year ago. :)

My first walk in, I use "So in love" by All-for-one and first dish I use Bond's Duel.

What are you going to use for your march in and first dish?

sleepy

Hi cherubies

Eeee...I feel so scary....the nearer the date, the more uneasy I feel...is it normal? Sometimes feel like dun want to marry...yet sometimes wish this day will be over and done with...I think it's the pressure of getting everything perfect.

My friend who did my photo montage give me bad news. Told me that it is abit lengthy and boring. Yucks...how to show ppl if I feel it's bad and how to answer this friend of mine?

Today collecting that cd from him. Tell you my review tomoro...
uhoh.gif

cherubies

Hi mei,

don't worry, your "long" honeymoon will come.
i looked at my colleagues take long leave since last year & beg. of this year. now's my turn.. finally... hee hee..

but we will have to see if we can take the other "unconfirmed" tour now... subject to no. of pple on board again..

meow

Are,
I've already sent a mail to everyone in the forum regarding this event. Not sure there's any response from those interested.

pooh

Hi beibei,
congrats..

My wedding on next sun but till now still cant confirm the no of tables.

Have not decide on all the songs use. Just decide on the first march in song - Perfect Moment.

peabrain72

Hi Shook

I'm taking the flight on 14/6 morning, think is 9 plus don't have the details with me
sad.gif

Thanks for the info. Very mountain turtle, didn't even know that Travelex is a tour agent
blush.gif
For us, we'll probably be taking the no frills air like Easyjet and Ryanair to move from 1 country to another. It's very cheap and the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. Eg from Glasgow to Paris is only 4 pound, london to edinburgh is only 6.50 pound. Found rail to be more expensive considering the time etc. However, told by friends that punctuality might be a problem but on the whole quite reliable.

cherubies

Hi sleepy,
morning.

then you r not the only one to feel uncomfortable. just this morning on the way to work, i thot of running off to another place (overseas) on eve of my wedding. but think think, eh i supposed to marry the love of my life so why am i running away... so drama... you r right, guess it's the pressure of the wedding preps. we are here to give each other support.

for your montage, don't worry still got time to act on it. go with the flow of the montage, see how you feel abt it. it's your wedding montage and you will be the right person to judge it. do share tomorrow.
happy.gif

vin

Dear Shook Shook,
Hi, How was your big day??? Sorry to ask as I miss out a lotz fr not log in to read the message.
Hi, Hi, I enjoy my honeymoon very much… must stay more days in Switzerland yaa…very nice place… (except Geneva if compare to others places). Bern which is near to Geneva is nicer than Gevena ( this is what I think only). And remember they dun work on Sunday, even souvenir shop or shopping center, Closed closed closed. Interlaken is a very very nice place.. hv you book the hotel there? I hv in mind, let me know if you want the contact.
I like Belgium too (went there last year), the food there was nice, seafood is very fresh..went to one of the restaurant to try out the mussels with white wine, wow… yummy yummy..
Oh yaa.. if you want the travel guide, I can borrow you.. let me know if you want then.
Hv you book yr hotel?? You didn’t buy any rail pass??? If there’s any long distance journey, is worth to buy as the ticket you buy over there is in euro which euro is strong now.
You going with jass and her hubby??? How long will you be away??
You can bargain at flea market.. as fr souvenir shop, as fr discount if you want to buy more. Pay by cash, they will waived their Vat (same like the GST here), my hubby try to ask and most shop can do that.
Remember to bring yr jacket along, I believed you will go to mountain in Switzerland. Not very very cold and if you go Top of Europe, is still cold up there. As fr France, the weather is nice when I went there. But heard from one of my supplier that the weather is up to 31 degree is a few days before we were there.

Hi kare,
Yeah, Fullerton is a nice place.. Glad you enjoy your big day…
happy.gif

Enjoy yr honeymoon yaaa…
HI Pausini,
How is your big day?? Didn’t log in when I during my honeymoon, missed out a lotz!
I believe yr hubby sure will make up the honeymoon fr you when he is able to take leave…dun be sad.. cheers gal! Or like peabrain suggested, go to bintan fr weekend, or Bali??? Nice place as well…
My honeymoon was great, enjoy it.. aft 1 mth holidays, now back to work again… actually suppose to come back only aft 10 June but then .. long story, tell you when we meet up in our gathering.
Hi peabrain,
Amsterdam is nice, and of coz others place of Netherland also beautiful, But too bad, now the tulip season over, else you can go to their tulip and others flower garden which is 32 hectors huge..
Barcelona, I miss it too… spain food is nice as well… if you hv extra time, try others places of Spain, is so beautiful..
Ya, like you said, easyjet is cheap cheap cheap.. I remember I paid only less than S$50 fr the trip from London to Madrid, the cheapest airfare tat I never had be. There’s some others new competitor that I got when I was in Europe, will try to remember and gv you..
Wat is yr budget fr hotel room?? I hv a guide book.. can photocopy and fax to you if you want.
Travelex hv another office in Shenton way, The Arcade there.

Hi Sue,
How’s yr big day? Glad to “see” you again.
HI Oso,
Bali is nice.. you won’t regret, which hotel you book?? Heard from my friend that 4 season there is nice… maybe you can try out?

vin

HI Peabrain,

The punctual of the departure of easyjet and ryain air is ok. Tried it last yr fr both airlines, is on time.. should not be a problem.

kare2711

Shook
I think I paid around 85 euro per night. It was cheaper in winter the last time I went of course. But since I was at the hotel, and love it for its location, I didn't want to go looking for another hotel. The first hotel I booked when I went last Dec was so awful, though cheap. That's why not trying out other cheaper alternatives already.

I'll be in Venice for 4 days, followed by 4 days in Florence, then 4 days in Rome ( I doubt it's enough since Rome is so huge) and then another 3 days in Paris. Hmm... spent a lot of time moving from one area to another of course. Already spent almost 2 days moving from Singapore to Venice
sad.gif

leo29

Blackcurrant,

Normally ppl don't exchange ring on actual day unless you are having church wedding. But if you want also can, it's up to you. For me, we will just wear our wedding band.

leo29

Meow,

I tot tat is oso steamboat style? Very jia lat lei, today already wed and we still haven't decide the venue.

serene

Hi kk,
Yalor.think 18R is the bigger so far..hehee
happy.gif

That means you have 34 pages in total?
My package come with the chuan tou zhao, table top, 5R and 3R fotos also. So I basically top up for the additional fotos.
I also havent factor in the $1300 (for actual day videography and photography).
That's alot of money!

Stressed: Dun be too worried lah. should be ok as long as you give birth by 30yrs old
happy.gif

Me not young also...scared to think of my age leh

peabrain72

Vin... thanks for the info.

Good to hear that Easyjet and Ryanair are ok
biggrin.gif
Doubt if I've the time, so many places and so little time
sad.gif
My budget for the accommodation is between 50 - 75 euro, trying to work within budget, understand in summer will be slightly more ex. What's the name of the guide book? I've lonely planet but accommodation wise is mostly hostel, don't mind if it's a normal trip but it's honeymoon so thought better get some place comfortable eg motel
wink.gif

meow

Leo,
Yes its stemboat but every individual got its own steamboat. For example, if there's 3 person eating, there won't be jus 1 steamboat to place all food in but 3 steamboat. One for each individual. No sharing loh. There's 2 choice of soup, one is chicken and the other is Tom Yum. I love the chicken, taste like herbal chicken.

Amore,
Think i sent last week. The title is meeting on 6th Jun. Pris even says she's not going since her wedding is on that day. No such mails meh?? Have lah.

sleepy

Hi Cherubies

Huh? you too? hee...at least I'm not alone. Why must we get so frustrated over wedding? It's supposed to be happy and stress free...hahahahahhhhhahhhahhahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahhahahahhha

See? Siao liao...

maya

Hi ladies, I have it easier bec I got no church event. I've collected photosa already bec my wedding originally in May mah, so already settled that. can't show bec no scanner to scan....
sad.gif

Maybe I more bochap bec I can't be bothered with a montage leh.....

My mom wanted cakes but she asked for cantonese style, biscuit type, so troublesome......

BTW, you know where I can buy blank wedding cards? Hotel dun give me enough and I wanted to do my own inserts, buy gold string and tie over a blank card.

meow

Aiyo,
I'm so boring here....think i go take a nap liao since no one can chit chat with me now.

Ava,
Jus wanna to clarify. Its 40pink and 40reds to make up 80 hor. Wait later you scold me say i cheat you. Hee...
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Peabrain
Oh then we no change to meet @ Changi airport liao.

Hihi Vin
My big day wz wonderful in the morning!! Weather beautiful, everything went according to plan. Evening wz terrible. My hubby went to ballrm late, my parents oso late (they were there at 7pm when some guests arrived b4 them), my make-up artist slow. She finished my make up at 8:15pm while I told her I wanna go to ballrm at 7:00pm to mingle wif guests. A few things went haywire n my poor hubby ended v nervous having to handle everything by himself. Bcoz of dat, Daniel din do much tricks. Wish I could turn back the clock.
Hm....can tell dat u really had a gd gd honeymoon!!
I haven't book anything except the air ticket Jazz booked 4 me. Is the hotel u have in mind near the metro? How much is the hotel charges? Yes yes yes, please lend me the travel guide
bounce.gif

I m going Europe wif Jazz fm 13 to 22 Jun but we split somewhere.
I m not going to Belgium liao. Going to Amsterdam instead. Is it wet in Europe now? Is it sufficient if I bring normal wear in Singapore since the weather is warm now? Hope it is not hot when I m there. I will bring winter wear to the alps. Plan to visit Jangfraujoch, Mont Blanc n Matterhorn. Which alps u visited? Show us your honeymoon photo when we meet up yar.

Hihi Kare
Is hotel Saphir Gernella @ 10 Rue du Commerce - 75015 Paris?

leo29

Meow,

Sound fresh to me! I don't mind to have that,somemore it's cheap,
happy.gif
. How about the rest of the gals?

Amore,

Ya, i saw that email. U never check your email issit.
happy.gif

Gals,

MT have a email posted at our Novas2003. Please take a look and give her some comment.

meow

Amore,
Yah to the group. Not to individual emails. Maybe i lazy then. But those who's in the group will be able to recieve lor.

Grace,
Got receive my mail or not?? DUN Sleep lah, wait big boss see you hor.

amore

leo got lah.. i thot she send to out personal email mah... dunno Meow toking abt the nova group one...

me okie with the steamboat...

leafy

mei,

Nice photos!!
Those kids are ur students ah?

Cherubies,
Wow! 24 days!!!
I do not have so many ann leave left. Can take too many unpaid leaves too else will affect my pocket$$, bonus n even AWS.
sad.gif

may

hi gals,

i m finally back from my honeymoon! suffering from holiday withdrawing symptoms man...

back at work today and got lots of emails to answer...sigh...

enjoy my break with hubby...the pace of the tour is not that tiring afterall....hubby and i enjoyed the package tour scheduel very much...basically...just follow what the guide leads...wake up, eat, sleep onthe coach and then eat and slepp again in the hotel. No need to think...cld get really use to package tour...

Korea was ok... hubby and i prefer Japan thou and we doubt we will go back to Korea again....
perhaps, it was the wrong season to go...winter will be much better...food wise...there were lots of meat and rice and kimchi...not very used to it...

wish i have gone Europe instead...now that i c u all discuss abt europe...

yah..let me meet up...when har?

mei

cherubies
hehe.. must wait long long for my 'long' honeymoon...

thks leafy. yup! the children r my students.
happy.gif

leo29

Friday Gathering Info :

Attendance: Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling

Un-confirm: Yve, Serene

Meow suggest Suntec steamboat(1 steamboat per person).

Agreed : Meow, Amore, Are, Leo,

Please add in your name if you agree.

vin

Hi Peabrain,

Yeah, easyjet and ryanair is good.. just need to bring yr own drink.. else you need to buy from them.

Emm… you are going in June??? Is not a super peak season.. so shouldn’t be a problem. You can try this website www.ibishotel.com

The rate of the hotel is not super high. Emm… more to business person. So is ok.. the room is not very big fr the Paris one, but I went to UK ibis hotel before, is ok..and is comfortable fr sure.

You can check the location and the rate from the website. If you want a faster way, I can photocopy a general map of the location of the hotel. Or.. where you go, I can check it which one is near the metro or train station so that you dun need to go through one by one.

My travel guide also from lonely planet, is the latest one, the title is pedals sth. They did recommend some motel or small hotel as well.. let me check tonight and let you know, k?

You going to Venice??? Emm… I stayed in one new hotel b4, the person there is nice.. would you like to try out?? The time I go is cost euro 120 per nite.. book yourself, dun book via travel agent. They charges euro 20 at least fr the service fees.