(2002) Brides of year 2002

starfruit

aiyo.. all baby talk stress me man. My mum also keep asking me when will i be planning for one. Infact everyone is asking me. Hmm i dun want to rush into it so soon cos i would still like to travel a bit before i start family planning.

Angelia : Wow.. u also expecting ah. CONGRATS
happy.gif
saw in the TTC thread that u have been trying, didn't know u successful. So when is ur baby due? Must take care ok.

Jen : How about urs? when is urs due? Any preference for boy or girl? so when u planing ur first?

cherly: ya i like doggie too. hmmm.. if i have my first one then i will be close to 31 leh. so scary. so u want 3 ah? this is nice
happy.gif

So how old is charlene now? close to 1 ?

Mint: hehe.. ya lor.. still enjoying my er ren shi jie.

Luzon: what horror confinement story.. i will come and ask u when i expecting. :p

cherly

starfruit,

No, I only want 2 kids. Charlene is 2 weeks older than Chloe, she is born in 2 Jan 04. I also have my 1st one at my age of 31.

starfruit

Cherly: Oh 2 kids only. sorry i must have misread the postings.
Its reassuring to hear that i am not the only "over-age" mum-to-be. Was it a difficult pregnancy for you at your current age. I am a bit worried and is wondering if i should have it next yr instead of waiting till the year after. *sigh* anyway i might not even get pregnant when i start trying so i might even be older than 31 when I have my first baby. Aiyo so stress by this age thingy.

starfruit

Just realised that my member status is "New member". All my previous posting all lost. Guess its because i have not log on to the forum for a ong time *Sob Sob*

luzon888

<font color="0077aa">Angelia</font>
How many weeks are u now? Know the gender yet?
happy.gif
so fast plan for 2nd one liaoz?

<font color="0077aa">Cherly</font>
She's born 6 days after Charlene not 2 weeks...
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Starfruit</font>
don't think age is the prob lar... as long as u are still under 35 years old and u r healthy, it's still consider easy pregnancy.
When will u be back? shall we arrange for another "Nov'02 Brides" meet-up again...
wink.gif

<font color="0077aa">Jen</font>
still sorting out on which gynae to choose? hehe
proud.gif

jastan

luzon888
me same as you... think of confinement scare to have 2nd one liao...

For cereal, seems like Friscomeal (not sure is the correct spelling)is not bad.

mint
Career first.. baby later???

starfruit

Girls: Why is confinement a nightmare? siit really that bad. I cannot believe that confinement will make u scared to have another baby.

JasTan : how old is ur baby now? isit a boy or girl?

cherly

starfruit,

I don find any difficulties during my pregnancy, in fact, Charlene come unexpected. Most of the pple surpised that I have an easy labour too, my labour was short, only 3.5 hours from the minutes I enter to the delivery suites till gave birth. My contraction wasn't that pain as well, so to me, I find it easy.

Only come to the confinement, not only nightmare, is 10x horrible than my labour. We shall not to scare you, and keep for you to find out and taste yourself.

Jas's baby boy is around same age as us.

Luzon,

Oh..Chloe is 6 days junior than Charlene?

cherly

<font color="aa00aa">luzon</font>,

If arranging for meet up, we have to bring our bb along lei, can we meet up during weekend?

<font color="aa00aa">Jen</font>,

You better decide which hospital you want to go then from there choose a gynae, otherwise very confusing.

jenjen

aiyoh... all the gynae talks have been stressing me out... I'm stressing angelia too... haha... called her twice last night... she also complain I mah fan... :p

mint

jastan,
more like career first and baby never...
happy.gif
I'm the type of people that the government is having a big headache over...

cherly

Jen,

You know what is your problem? You can't decide which hospital to go and yet asking for too many pple for their gynae info. U better sort it out first.

luzon888

Jen
take small meals, if not, will 'merlion' all your food then hor u've to eat again... can't help u much with MS...
Pls confirm ur gynae soon so that u can voice out your concerns too.

Cherly
if bring the bbs, cannot stay for very long leh... if she frets, cannot talk 'in peace' liao.

cherly

Jen,

Can't help you with MS. I am the lucky one got no this problem.

Luzon,

If go out on weekdays, who is going to take care Chloe. I feel very uneasy to go out on weekdays, always will need to rush home even she is with my mum. Don want to tired my mum. OK, arrange the gathering first then I shall see how to settle my gal.

jastan

starfruit
my bb is a boy, just turn 3mths old this week.

jen
can't help you on MS as well coz I don't experience during my pregnancy.

starfruit

wha.. u all girls very lucky leh.. all no MS. I wish i won't have MS when its my turn. so scary just thinking about it.

JasTan: What is the name of ur little boy?

Luzon: when is the gathering going to be? wanna wait for me to come back first? i will be back by the 1st week of May.

jen: better take care okie. I heard drinking a bit of herbal tea does help with MS, u might wanna try and follow cherly's instrucion on taking small portion of food. U should be fine in no time
happy.gif

So have u decided which hospital u wanna give birth at?

cherly &amp; jasTan: which hospital did u two give birth at?

angelia: u decided on ur gynae yet? or hospital?

jenjen

Hi gals... hiaz... so lucky, you no MS... I also can consider "dun have" cos there's no puking... but I feel so sick everyday and difficulty breathing... chest feel men men one... aiyoh... so difficult... hiaz... after I tried eating dried prunes, I feel worse...

cherly

Jen,

1st trimester is abit difficult and most pple told me the last trimester will be same as the 1st trimester. 2nd trimester will have full of energy. But to me, my whole pregnancy was rather easy and relax, appetite didn't change, still eat those food I normally take except APPLE. Used to take an apple a day but eversince preggie, don like apple till now.

luzon888

Jen
think it's normal cos my sil also feel nauseas and heartburn and she take very little at each meal cos no appetite. Maybe u try to take small meals with high carbohydrates and stay away from spicy/oily foods.
happy.gif

jenjen

my mum tell me to stay away from carbo leh... and i seem to want to eat chili... i'm so afraid i will suffer from pre natal depression... argh...

jenjen

luzon, maybe lor... i took some fish porridge for lunch... still got some left over but really can't force myself to eat... no appetite... hiaz... i'm really feeling so depressed i just wanna cry...
sad.gif

jastan

Jen
I crave for hot chilli stuff during my preggie too. there's once when I must eat curry puff, crave for it everyday...

Take a little bit at a time. Try to enjoy your pregnancy time... now thinking back I miss my pregnancy time...

luzon888

Jen
who knows, u may be expecting a boy ....hehe.
lame.gif
Cos one of my friends crave for spicy stuff and Jas also have the same craving. I avoided spicy stuff during my pregnancy which I used to love before I'm preggie.

angph38

<font color="119911">been bz these few days.. nice to see this thread still moving
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">starfruit,</font>
hey, u better start trying leh. else later complain so difficult to hit jackpot
lol.gif

as for the member status, maybe u seldom log in after they start count of the post number??

<font color="aa00aa">jen,</font>
dun worry, it's normal to feel depress. i oso quite depress back then that i thot might as well dun wan the kid. but now can relax a bit liao, kekekeke..

btw, juz go for spicy/chilli food if u can take it &amp; it appetitizes u. cos i oso took a lot of chilli/spicy food during 1st trimester. seems like only food in those category can whet my appetite. other food like no taste!!!

<font color="aa00aa">luzon,</font>
aiyo, i so happy when i saw ur last posting on craving for chilli food &amp; gender of bb... but disappointed when i got to <font color="ff6000">cherly's</font> post
sad.gif

planning for 2nd one cos dun wan to see myself at the age of retiring &amp; my kids not 21 yet mah
lol.gif

<font color="aa00aa">mint,</font>
hahaa.. i used to be like u. but hubby wanted 2 so badly, so let's start with #1 first..
biggrin.gif

actually hor, gotta thank pple like u then the govt R increasing the incentives for pple to get preggie leh
lol.gif

<font color="0000ff">i'm 16 wks 2 day as of today. still dunno bb's gender, hopefully can see next Tue.

I'm with Dr Adrian B. Woodworth. most prob will be delivering at TMC
happy.gif
</font>

jenjen

Starfruit, Luzon, JasTan,
I dun have cravings at all! That's the problem... no appetite to eat... after eating, no matter eating what, will feel like "merlion" but no actual "merlion"...

Angelia,
I also saw luzon's post very happy... haha... think most likely I will go to Dr Adrian also... tonight see how...

luzon888

Jen/Angelia
wah, both of u 'aiming' for a prince? not sure if u've read this before in some websites... don't think it's accurate since I dun experienced MS and I've a gal...
happy.gif

For reference only hor...

<font color="aa00aa">It's a boy if:</font>

You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areola have darkened considerably
You are carrying low
You are craving salty or sour foods
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
Your urine is a bright yellow in color
Your nose is spreading
You hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves in circles
You are having headaches
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is even

<font color="aa00aa">It's a girl if:</font>

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair gets red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon
You are craving sweets
You are craving fruit
You crave orange juice
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!
Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow in color
If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves from side to side
If you add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is odd

cherly

luzon,

I read the one you post when during my pregnancy and I don experience MS, also got a gal.

Angelia/Jen,

You gal want to have bb boy? Don pressure yourself, relax and enjoy pregnancy.

angph38

<font color="aa00aa">cherly, luzon,</font>
no pressure lah. but if this one boy, at least next one no pressure mah.
lol.gif

somemore my SIL gave birth to gal last Sep.. as usual, think my FIL wanted a boy lor, my hubby oso prefers boy.

erm.. what's the diff between like "basketball" &amp; "watermelon"?

then hor, if right breast bigger than left how?
lol.gif

starfruit

Aiyo, after reading this list, me getting confused if i want a boy or girl for my first one. But i think i still want a girl first lah. Prefer a little princess
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Angelia</font>: How long did u try before hitting the jackpot. I so stress after reading all the post esp the ones in TTC. i think i should plan at leats 1 yr to try and conceive.
Haven't try already so stress, cannot imagine if i really start trying

<font color="0077aa">Luzon</font>: Does difference between a watermelona and basketball means that one tummy is bigger than the other? I did heard that if its a girl, ur tummy will be rounder and if its a boy, it will be sharper (not so round in shape).

<font color="0077aa">Girls</font>: One more thing i heard is that if u r expecting a boy, if someone looks at u from ur behind, they will not be able to see ur buldging tummy (meaning cannot see any sight of ur tummy at all). If u r expecting a girl, and ppl look at u from ur behind, they will be able to see some part of ur tummy from both ur left and right side. This is due to the shape of ur tummy.
u all understand what i mean?

<font color="0077aa">Cherly</font>: Good to hear that u had a smooth pregnancy without MS. i hope mine will be the same as urs. Actually both my girlfriends, at the ages of 28 and 29, both experienced none MS pregnancy and one gave birth to a boy and one to a girl.

<font color="0077aa">Jen</font>: Good to hear that u have finally decided on a gynae. When is ur first appointment?

<font color="0077aa">Girls</font>: Is there a difference between male and female gynae? Which is better har?

<font color="0077aa">JasTan</font>: u said the same thing as one of my ex-colleague, she said she missed being pregnant, she enjoyed herself during the pregnancy and the special attention she gets from everyone during that period :p

jastan

starfruit
personally I prefer a male gynae, no special reasons except that some said male is more gentle.

yeah lor... miss the special attention everyone gives and also the feeling of bb kicking inside.

luzon888

<font color="aa00aa">Starfruit</font>
ya, i know what u mean... but still not so accurate leh... my colleagues said that I don't look pregnant when they see me from behind...
happy.gif
Would prefer a male gynae too, same reason as Jas... think women are temperamental at times.

<font color="aa00aa">Angelia</font>
think as long as the bb is healthy can liao, cos when the bb is inside tummy... can't tell if they're healthy till they come out *touch wood*

maybe the 'overseas' melons are bigger and wider cos i got this from an 'ang mo' website? hehe... dunno leh..
proud.gif

As for the breasts, think the size difference will not be that great if that really happens...
happy.gif

starfruit

<font color="0077aa">Luzon &amp; JasTan</font>: Cannot decide if i will want a male or female gynae leh. I thought a female gynae will be more understanding. I am not sure if i will feel comfotable with a male gynae leh. anyway, i have plenty of time to decide right.
lol.gif

cherly

Starfruit,

Same as Luzon and Jas, me also prefer male gynae.

Angelia,

As for the tummy shape, I think is not very accurate, my tummy was so sharp during my pregnancy, if Jas and Luzon can remembered, my tummy was the sharper than both of them. I even asked Jas, how come her tummy so round and expecting a boy and mine is a girl cos pple said other way.

Anyway, doesn't matter boy or gal, most important is healthy.

jastan

angelia
yeah, mine tummy looks like a expecting a gal. Morever, during that time, I don't look preggie at all, look more like a person who have put on lots of weight. Cherly can confirm on this...

Whatever it is, gender is not of utmost importance, bb well-being is the top priority.

mint

Hi all,
My friend who got married in Nov 03 preggie liao... So less one friend to go shopping with... sigh!! Seems like everyone around me preggie leh... even my grandma asking me liao... I told her that having a baby is a loss of freedom but she doesn't seem to understand leh...

I went to a fortune teller to see if I would strike 4d and he told me that I would have a baby this year instead of telling me if I would get cash... haha!! So inaccurate... how to have bb if we are using protection...

starfruit,
no need to plan lah... just let it happen...
happy.gif

luzon,
My mum told me that when she was preggie with my brother, she craved for orange juice... so my brother was born with mild bronchitis... so preggie ladies, dun take too much orange juice.

cherly

Angelia,

Me opposite with Jas, whole world was saying I am expecting a boy, the only person said is gal that's my gynae.

starfruit

<font color="0077aa">mint</font>: Accident do happens.. that is u can get pregnant when using protection. Hmm.. i wonder how true the fortune teller's words are. I guess if u really don't want a baby, just be more careful lah.
I love orange juice...must have at least a glass a day... I think i will take note and not drink too much when i am pregnant.heheh

<font color="0077aa">All</font>: Aiya, think i will stress over this babe thingy when i am really planning.

As for the tummy shape theory... a few of my friend turned out pretty accurate leh. I guess its not 100% accurate hor.

<font color="0077aa">jasTan, Luzon, Cherly</font>: Who is helping u to take care of ur babe now? are u all girls back at work? any one plan to become a full time mummy?

starfruit

<font color="0077aa">Angelia</font>: As for this pressure on the gender of teh babe.. *sigh*... so am i expected to have a boy to carry on the family line too?
But i prefer a girl leh.

cherly

starfruit,

Me didn't plan to be a full time mummy lah at least not at this moment. My mum is helping me to take care my baby.

Maybe you should start to work hard now, so that you will have a baby "made in USA".

As for gender of bb, I guess all will be the same, if the first one is boy then will be hoping to have a gal next time, the pressure still there. For me, I am hoping to have a boy next time but of course I didn't give myself any pressure, me and hubby already enter into the agreement, irregardless is boy or gal for next one, we will stop at 2 cos bringing up a child is not an easy task, especially in SINGAPORE.

angph38

<font color="aa00aa">starfruit,</font>
i tried "seriously" for abt 6 mths b4 i tested positively.. well, maybe u'll be like <font color="ff6000">jen</font>?? she was charting for "furture" and only BD during her supposedly non-fertile days but still got it!!
happy.gif

as for carry on the family line, depends on ur hubby lor. cos mine quite "traditional" thinking type. i asked him what happens if 2 gals, then he say "see how then lor, if still can afford then try 3rd one"!!!!!!!!

<font color="aa00aa">mint,</font>
wear protection oso not safe.. i know 1 who uses protection &amp; still got pregnant.. 1 colleague of mine was telling me that day she oso got fren who uses protection but still kenna!!

then hor, 1 of my frenz was using protection all the while, but only din use once (&amp; supposedly her non-fertile period as well), then she struck alr
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">cherly, luzon,</font>
well, actually i oso prefer princess, but.... anyway, it's not really up to us to decide rite? unless our "timeing" so accurate to determine the gender of bb
lol.gif

ya, now main concern is the bb will come out healthy &amp; grow up healthy &amp; be good
happy.gif

jastan

starfruit
my mum is helping to look after my boy for weekdays, will bring bb back over the weekends.

I got no plans to be full time mummy and I don't think I have the make to be a full time mummy.

luzon888

<font color="ff6000">Angelia</font>
thought most hubbies would prefer to have boys but my hubby prefer a gal. hehe..
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Starfruit</font>
Think older generation nowadays are not so 'old-fashion' in their thinking. Take my in-laws and parents for example, it's ok with them as long as the bb is healthy. My bb is looked after by my bbsitter, have to 'collect' her every nite. Just like Jas, don't have the intention of becoming a stay-home mum unless I've 3 kids (which is quite impossible)
lol.gif
Furthermore, I'll feel good spending my own $$...

<font color="ff6000">Mint</font>
Feeling very stressed reading this thread now? Ya, i cut down on my orange juice intake when I'm pregnant which I used to drink almost everyday.

<font color="ff6000">Jas</font>
confirmed not having 2nd one? my hubby told me to get ready when our bb turn 2 yrs old... I told him see how 1st.

cherly

Luzon,

Then can join me in Year 2006 liao, this is my initial plan but will still depend on the situation when time comes.

jastan

luzon888
At this moment, I not thinking of 2nd one yet. Scare liao... thinking of having to go through confinement and inital 1st mth breastfeeding puts me off...

Me same as you, will only consider stay-home mum if I've 3 kids.. which is impossible at this moment..
happy.gif

jenjen

yah man... sorry gals... me MIA for a while... gynae gave me 4 days mc... cannot take it leh... even i go out eat dinner with my hubby then walk around the supermarket, suddenly i will tell him i buay tahan want to go home leow... aiyoh... like that how to last another 1.5 months?
sad.gif