(2002) Brides of year 2002

W

wylynn

Hi Freshpoison,

hee ... so i was rite. Those flats are nice. Well maybe i was lucky cos when i choose my flat that time, times not so good liow so prices dropped.
Your reno completed liow ? How ? Must be very happy rite... hee .. so nice. so when are u moving in ?

I went for my second appt on saturday. Quite happy. have finally decided on my WG and EG but EG not confirmed yet. so happy finally decided. now can have one less burden. My WG very simple leh just a bustier ballgown. Hope it will make me look pretty enough ! :p hee ...

Hi Linda,
Nope my blk is the batch of colourful one. It's inside. the facing mrt tracks one not completed yet. From wat i see outside, yea think quite squessy but i think nowadays all new flat like dat cos govt try to save space ... sigh ...
btw, r u the linda that sign up with Impress too ?
so how's ur reno going along ?

W

wylynn

Hi Artic hare,
u sure love children ! i like to have a big family too cos more 're nao' but hope i'll be rich enough to have them ! hee ...

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
Furniture and appliances coming tis Sat.Still in the final spring cleaning of the place + final touching up by contractor.
Hav also decided on bustier kind cos my shoulders quite broad so cannot wear straps.

Hi Artic hare,
Wow, u sure u 1 so many kids? My FH and I decided tat 2 just rt cos cannot afford.

To all,
Was wondering wat ur ages like? Just curious...hee hee

Regards

W

wylynn

Hi Freshpoison,

wow .. so nice .. so can move in quite soon huh .. hee ..

bustier would be nice for broad shoulders that was wat my designer said so i opted for that too
happy.gif

hmm well, maybe i can just start the ball rolling ? I'm below 25 above 21 hee ... like so secretive like that hor hee .. :p
ai ya if got more pple share then i broadcast here .. hee .. how about you freshpoison ? how old are you ? hee ...

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
Mayb we same age. I below 25 but above 22. Hee hee...

Now my WG/EG will b similar designs cos both hav to be strapless types. How? Any suggestions?
Regards

arctic_hare

Hi freshpoison,

Yup, I am sure. But not my FH. It will depends on $$$ for him. (But I know what he really want is to provide me and our children a comfy life, that's all).

I am 26 this year. Birthday just over...so cannot say I am 25 anymore. At times, do feel pretty old :p

F

freshpoison

Hi Artic hare,
Where's ur wedding venue? Ur bridal package is wif which place?
Regards

W

wylynn

Hi Freshpoison,

hee .. yes i think we are the same age ... or least close. I'm 24 this yr
happy.gif
1977 baby ... u 2 ?

hmm well for me my WG bustier and my EG got straps but my prob is my EG is also a little flowy kind so not much diff with WG. but of cos WG is big and fluffy lah .. hee .. :p sound like some bird hee .. :p

for me is i want a low low back for my wedding gown but i'm having church wedding so have to be conservative. so for EG i went for something low hee ... that's the diff i made.
maybe u want to consider another cutting for your EG ? maybe with straps one ... or halter neck ...

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
We r of the same age. Me Feb 77'. Wat colour is ur WG and EG?
Cannot choose halter-neck cos oredi ordered accessories for EG though I hav no idea wat my EG will b...
Even ordered accessories 4 WG... Kiasu rt?
Regards?

L

lotus4

Hi arctic_hare,

Me too 26 yr old .....getting old liao.

So our wedding falls on the same date & as well as same age.

I also staying with my future-in-law after the wedding.

So envious of u that u can choose yr WG this Sun, I have to wait until next month.

W

wylynn

hi all

good morning !
happy.gif

hey freshpoison, me is jan '77, we too very close hee ...
my WG is white and EG is gold (at e moment have not confirmed on e colour yet) how about urs ?
actually have a headache about my EG, don't know wat colour to choose ...sigh ... any advise ? quite like Gold but don't know if really nice or not ...
order accesories ? from where ? the studio itself or you sorced urself one ?

Girls, don't worry, ren lao xin bu lao can liow ! hee ... age is just a number !
happy.gif

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
Actually, I wanted champange gold 4 EG too but I quite tan so dunno if there will be problem. I ordered my choker and bracelet from Sharon at mystuff.com. Wanted tiara fr her but my bridal shop provides so I got these instead.

Hi All,
Wylynn's rt, u r in ur prime.... More gd yrs 2 come!

Where will u gals b doing ur outdoor? Any suggestions? I can only do during weekends cos of work committments. Need places that will not b crowded.

regards

linda

Hi Wylynn

Better check with your hotel what tablecloth they are using. Cos you would want to look like a walking table cloth...
happy.gif
And also your hubby's suit shouldn't look like the captains. As advised by my hotel event's manager....

BTW, I am '78 year end bb....ekkekekek

W

wylynn

Hi Freshpoison,

oh i tried on a champage gold one also, but felt dat e gold was better.
oh is it a must to get your own accesories ? the bridal shop wouldn't provide ? i don't know about this leh .. :p

as for outdoor, i think they have some ulu places to go with trees and sand and sea but i don't know where, u can check with your photograher, they should know.
actually for weekend, most places sure got pple one...

Hi Linda,
thks. i did think of that. and if i really decide on Gold, must rem that my hotel theme cannot be gold also !! hee :p

but for hubby suit, sure will be like black or something, how to look diff frm the captains ?

wow ... younger than me ... so nice ....

linda

Hi Wylynn,

Check out how the banquet managers and captains wear their suit. Some hotels wear mandarin collars and some a normal suit with normally a white shirt. So ask your hubby to wear a different suit or if same, at least a different colour suit and tie.
Younger but look VERY old. KkekekekekAge doesn't matter, most impt is how one feels at heart.

Freshpoison,
End of changi might be a good place to go for weekend photography shoots. Can catch airplanes flying off and huge patches of green....And long long straight roads with little cars so you can take in the middle of the roads.....

W

wylynn

Hi Linda,

gd point. will rem to ask the mgr. thks for pointing it out.

yea ... ren lao xin bu lao
happy.gif

tessa

Hi Wylnn,

saw ur message saying that u have ordered some accessories from Sharon at mystuff.com

i am also looking for some accessories but when i tried the URL http://www.mystuff.com, it does not work? where can i take a look at these accessories u mentioned?

thanks.

W

wylynn

Hi tessa,

i think u got it mixed up hee hee, it's actually freshpoison who has ordered. maybe you check with her ?

happy.gif

F

freshpoison

Hi tessa,
Sori, was busy with work tat's y never entered forum. I ordered a choker and a bracelet. Found them quite nice but 1 of my colleagues say they're ex. If u wanna hav a look, e-mail me at [email protected].
Regards

arctic_hare

Hello All
proud.gif
I am back! Howz everyone?

well... was at BZ(IMM) last Sunday. managed to confirmed my WG and EG, all within one day. YEAH! one headache lesser.

1st fitting next Feb (b4 CNY), just 2 weeks b4 the photoshoot (after CNY, but still within the 15 days)... They say it's better not to have the photoshoot much earlier than the actual day... then I will not have time to grow too fat.

L

lotus4

Hi arctic_hare,

The gown u chose are for photoshoot ( as well as for actual day ??)

If only mean for photoshoot, when u need to go down for to choose for the actual day wedding gown ??

W

wylynn

Hi artic hare,

wow u r fast! so ur photoshoot is in march ?
My is in Jan. Wanted more time to do other stuff.

So what is ur gown like ? And who served you ?
Make up artist ? phtotgrapher ?

sorry ah so many qns hee ...

arctic_hare

Huh... I must confirmed so many things meh??

Grace was there, but she was entertaining some other walk-ins. She did came over quite a few times to give her comments. Linda Pang (designer) was the one to serve us. She's quite a nice lady.

The 2 gowns i hv chosen r 4 actual as well as photoshoot. i also hv 2 more choices 4 photoshoot (Chinese, Japanese & Western types). My tea-dress not selected yet.

Basically, they are both A-line... but I mabbe hving 2nd thoughts (see the thread under Four Seasons, and u'll understand y)
sad.gif

My WG is an ivory A-line with thin straps (almost everything there is with thin or no straps - so I have not much choice). My EG is a kind of shimmering blue (according to her, it just came in last week), also A line.

All in all, I think I tried about 10 WG. Different shape and size. & about 5 EG. Pretty fun initially but after a while, I just feel like getting it over and done with.

We have confirmed the makeup artist - Linda Wong. But not yet on the photographer (coz I din asked). The 1st fitting and trial makeup is on 6th Feb and actual photoshoot is on the 19th Feb.

Linda was saying that normally studio phototaking will be in the morning. Then, outdoor is in the afternoon. Was thinking about dropping by Four Seasons for my outdoor shoot as well, but have yet to talk to them about this.

Hope these are useful.
arctic_hare

W

wylynn

Hi arctic hare,

how nice, u got new EG to try. That time i got don't have leh. anyway i have not really confirmed my EG. I have put it on hold. My photoshoot will be in Jan.

We got the same make up artise. Hope she is good. Since i'll be taking earlier than you, i'll update you on how she is.

happy.gif

F

freshpoison

Hi gals,
R any of u keeping ur evening gowns? I'm considering abt it, do u gals think its a gd idea? Anyway, my photoshoot is in Jan, by when must I confirm my gown? I'm only going for 2nd appt next mth.
Anyway, wat col WG r u gals taking? I'm quite tan so dunno whether white or ivory. I also want 2 wear gloves but hav never seen ivory gloves b4...
So still considering which col.

Regards

arctic_hare

nope.. me no intention of keeping the EG or the WG. no more occasion to wear it mah...

my WG is ivory... dun the bridal shop provide the gloves?? i was told i would look good with gloves, but i just assume that they would have... din know ivory coloured gloves are hard to find...

W

wylynn

no don't think i would too. Would have to find a space for it if i do. Anyway have to pay extra rite, if want to keep.

my photoshoot also in Jan, i think best to confirm within this mth or next, so that there will more time for alterations if required.

My gown is white. Have not considered gloves. would gloves look nice with bustier gown ? totally have no idea with such things.

F

freshpoison

Hi Gals,

Saw tis pic in a mag where the model wore a white bustier with gloves + tiara + choker. Very Audrey Hupburn & I totally love the look. So me aiming 4 tat, tats y gloves r must.
Mayb I won't keep EG after all.

Hav ur hubbies selected their suits yet? Mine haven't cos I have not decided on mine. By when must they choose theirs?

wylynn,
Jan photoshoot izzit too early? I scared too early, like very kiasu. U ROM oredi?

artic hare,
How abt u? Hav u ROM liao?

Regards

W

wylynn

Hi Freshposion,

oic. that is pretty nice. Not sure if i will be wearing gloves leh, will try and see how.

Nope, my FH have not. Will be when i have confirmed on my EG.

I opted for Jan cos i felt that it's better to have more time nearer to my wedding date cos there will be so many things to do. After photoshoot still have to choose photo and wait for it to developed. I think by that time already another mth or so. After that still need to do fitting for ur gowns. Was thinking if i had my photoshoot in Mar then i only got 3 mths grace, if something goes wrong, i don't have much time to rectify it. and i would be bz planning for my wedding and i will still have to worry about my photoshoot. so better quickly get it done earlier lor.

Nope have not ROM will be doing together with my wedding (i hope).

arctic_hare

Hello freshpoison.

I am still single
proud.gif
. My ROM will be just a day before the actual day (coz 2 June is a Sunday).

My FH had chosen his jackets (one ivory in colour and one dark blue). Also have taken his measurement for the MTM trousers (that is when he discovered that he has grown to 34", ha ha..)

Right now, busy looking for actual day photographer. May be considering Andrew Tay from The Edge Photography, after seeing Sunny's photographs. All of the shots are so beautiful... dreaming liao...

happy.gif
arctic_hare

F

freshpoison

Hi artic hare,
when's ur photoshoot? Where will u b doing ur outdoor?

Regards

arctic_hare

My photoshoot is in Feb.

Not decided about location yet, think the bridal shop will have some suggestions on this. Maybe some place with lots of greenery (like Botanical Gardens) or the beach.... Really have not thought about this yet... seemed like still far away...

arctic_hare

HELLO!
happy.gif

Just wondering if anyone had started on regular facial sessions? Neccessary to go for that? What about waxing?

Any advise?

wylynn, did the lady at BZ told you that we have to place a $200 deposit with them when we collect our gowns and jackets from them?

W

wylynn

Hi arctic hare,

Nope have not gone for facial yet. Also not sure must or not altho heard that it will be better. But now i'm doing Neostrata skin peel once a mth so not sure if still need to go for facial or not ... *blur* ...

No leh was not told altho i think must pay. i was only told that the next time i meet up with them to confirm on the gown and suit, i will need to pay $500 then they will proceed to do the gown & suit ...
something like dat ...

F

freshpoison

Hi artic hare,

I'm currently going 4 facial treatment at Carita Beauty at Wisma Isetan. Started last mth when I booked their bridal facial package. Not bad cos no extraction involved.

I was told by GHA tat when I collect the gowns and suits, I will also need to pay a refundable deposit in case I damage the clothings. I think all bridal shops hav tis clause dun they?

Regards

sophia

H Wylynn, Ah Min & Yuki,

I'm Sophie & I'm new here. My customary wedding is also on the same date - 22 June 2002. Glad to know that so many of u out there have the same wedding date as me. Tot of sharing some wedding prep ideas with u gals thru this forum...

I've booked the wedding package with J&M (at Tanjong Pagar) and have been for the 1st fitting for WG. Meanwhile, also in the midst of renovating my new flat at SengKang (Anchorvale).

I think wedding prep can be quite stressful. Wondering if I shd continue an exam next semester in May next year? I'm not sure if I could juggle between exam & wedding prep. I'm not good in managing stress, yet it's gonna be my final paper for the course I'm taking.... Any advice from u gals?

:) Sophie

yuki

Hi Sophie,

First of all - WELCOME!

I will be staying in Sengkang Anchorvale after my wedding too! Any chance we can be neighbours? My house is in 317 series.What about you?

YOu are renovating your house? Which contractor did you engage? CAre to share about their services or what's the current market rate?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions at one go. Just so excited.............
happy.gif

Besides wedding, i am now planning and getting quotations to renovate my house too. That's why i am asking so many questions. :p I have just book my bridal package with Emanual B. last sat so i have not go to any fittings yet.

As for your exams......... if your hubby can help you to lessen some loads on the wedding prep, i guess it would help alot........ However as i do not have any experience, i am not sure if there are lot of things that has to be taken care of by the bride herself and that would take a lot of time?????? If there is, then may u got to consider and plan your time more cautionsly. Can other brides/brides to be advise further? Thanks
happy.gif

carol

Hi Mo:
How's your preparation going on?
I've finshed selecting my gown for the photography. I really like them very much especially my wedding gown which comes with a long train.

Will be going for photoshoot next month, so excited loh...

What about you?

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

W

wylynn

Hi sophie,

halo ! & welcome ! so nice to have so many pple getting married on the same day ! hee hee ..

well i think u should really consider. By May, you would have alot of things to do for you wedding. So time might be tight. Think it will be good if you are willing to defer ur exams. At least you can enjoy the full process of it. It's only once in a lifetime leh ... no replay one hee hee ...

cheers !
happy.gif

L

lotus4

Hi,

Although I'm not on the same date as u all but I'm also a June Brides-to-be. Hope to shares interesting topic with u all too.

cheers

linda

Hi all,

You gals reckon gloves and veils will go with a simple spaghetti strapped low back puffy gown? Or would it be too much to take at one shot. I love the Audrey Hupburn look too but my gown not bustier......

My photoshoot is in Jan. How abt the rest of you?

F

freshpoison

Hi Linda,

Me going 4 Audrey Hupburn look 2. Thus choosing a bustier gown. Oredi decided wat kind of accessories I want cos I saw it in the mag. I always felt that gloves make the bride look very elgant though some may say it's old-fashioned.
My photoshoot is also in Jan but haven't confirm yet. Who's ur bridal shop? I'm with GHA (Yishun).

regards

sophie

Yuki - My blk is in the 310 series, in shades of maroon, green & beige, just diagonally across ur flat. Hope we can meet up some day. Actually, I prefer the outlook of your flat design...hmm, looks more like an condo...Abt the renov... sigh! be prepared for it... there's whole list of things to do, sometimes dunno what to start with. I suggest u better browse thru home deco magazines to have an idea of a theme for ur home and then reckee for a few designers/contractors to compare their quotations. My designer takes care of the contractor for me, but there are certain areas which he overlooked & I cannot accept it. Well, their service is fair only. Suggest u reckee some other places. Most impt, be firm with your budget and always have a contingent amt.

Wylynn & Yuki - Tks for the advise! I think I would take a break from my exam next yr for the sake of my wedding. Yuki was suggesting let my hubby takes care of the wedding prep? Nope... he's not the meticulous type and he's such a lazy bum (I gave up trying to change him!!) Also, I dunno if I can manage the stress. I dun wanna end up being a stressed-up bride.

Sophie

C

carol tan

HI,
I happen to stumble over this site and I am also getting married in June. Mine is also on the 22.06.02. I 've booked the church and my bridal package. That's abt all I 've pretty much done. Can't really decide on my dinner location, tentatively it will be a garden party at Fort Canning Park. As far as I know 22 june is a hot date. We just happen to chose it because it's near my hubby's BD.

I just I am not so "Gan Chong" b/c I am in the hotel line. Too busy planning other people's event to do my own. Too much connection to make up my mind which one to go also.

But manage to get some sponsorship from an event company to decor my tentage with balloons and to provide an MC for me.

yuki

Hi Sophie

So we are nearby
happy.gif
Hope we can meet up sometime!

It's good that you have make up your mind to postpone your exams. I am sure you have a wonderful wedding.

Wylynn is right. It's once in a lifetime, so better enjoy the process and then have more beautiful memories forever..........
happy.gif