Winifred Kristé Cake

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
1321.jpg

Wafer Paper peony- with withering edges. Random petals as usual but with a hint of life embedded into it. -
#winifredkristecake #waferpaper #peony #handmade #sugarflowers

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2087.jpg

After an intense 8 days of 1:1 session, we achieved these and so much more (Will be sharing more in other posts)
All the way from understanding the foundation of colour theory, covering cake tiers, working on cake designs, petals after petals, dusting the flowers, we land ourselves here. A garden of gum paste and wafer paper flowers, literally reaping what we sow. @monstarrzz you’re one amazing star! Having zero sugar paste or flower making experience, I watched her put her soul and best foot forward into everything she do as she learn, and it led her here. (Also, her in the background, in utter disbelief she did these) Congratulations girl, you nailed it! -
#winifredkristecake #privateworkshop #sugarflowers #gumpaste #waferpaper #cakedecorating

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2168.jpg

I love how ideas and inspirations come to me when I least expected it. I like how LG wrote in her book “BIG MAGIC” somewhere along this line: that ideas like to look for people who are happy and positive. Ideas shun away from you when you’re too negative. Funny how it all ties together so well. I was just feeling stuck in a creative rut recently until I met @smxne from @henn.drawn, a really talented artist who uses jagua ink to express her art work. Looking at her, work, sent a whole new wave of energy and inspirational ideas and guess who rode that wave I can’t help it thinking how singular colour art pieces can be so beautiful, I mean I’ve always known but looking at one up close sent shivers down my spine (in a good way). I just feel so happy watching her create her art work.
The following day, I picked up a pencil which was gifted to me by @nataliestudio, sharpened it and decided to give it a go at something I’ve never tried before. It sounds unbelievable but I’ve honestly never tried sketching a full floral piece (I’ve done at most leaves)- at the same time I surprise myself, I am reminded time and again, through such experiences that, it is true that you never know until you try. So here’s a quick reminder to everyone who have always wanted to try something but never dared to do it, JUST DO IT. -
And, lastly, will anyone just order a cake with this so I can paint it for you?! -
(Original artwork belongs to tattoo image I saw on @pinterest, if anyone knows who is the original artist of this work please do let me know!) ✨

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2274.jpg

1 last spot!
30th & 31st August 2019
-
Learn how to create a beautiful Peony and Ranunculus, create delicate looking petals and flow to each flower, learn watercolour techniques, creating Winifred’s signature colours, over 2 relaxed days- we will also talk cake decorating and flowers. All first timers get 10% off their first workshop with us. -
#winifredkristecake #waferpaper #workshop #handmade #ranunuculus #waferpaperflowers #cakedecorating

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2275.jpg

I got really lucky with this couple! Just like this cake (& their wedding theme) they were bright and cheery, loads of laughter and just pure joy to be with☀️ With that, it was easy to translate their sta te of sunshine onto their cake, (with loads of “fruits” as well) and the best part was I got full control over the suggestions I offered. So in goes these pottery inspired textured I’ve been wanting to try for a Long time (zoom in, or maybe I’ll post a close up). Thank you, Vanessa & Ryan. ❤️
-
#winifredkristecake #weddingcake #sugarflowers #gumpaste #handmade

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2375.jpg

Non-cake related, ooookay scrap that I think this is. Soooo in love with my #jaguatattoo by @henn.drawn. I didn’t have a plan on what to ink but then @smxne suggested why not do one of my cake designs and the AHA(!) moment came. I chose this design because of a few personal reasons which means a lot to me. Also just because I really like it It’s crazy but the more I look at it the more I want to turn it into a real tattoo ❤️ Go check out the crazily talented girl’s work!!!!
-
#henndrawn #winifredkristecake #jaguatattoo

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2407.jpg

Was gifted this beautiful bouquet of floral arrangement by @sparrowstudioflowers a few months ago, as all who know me, will know my studio is filled with dried flowers which I couldn’t bear to toss. I always hang them upside down and allow them to transcend into their next stage of beauty. I also added some wafer paper roses in this one, can you spot them? #waferpaper #waferpaperflowers #winifredkristecake

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2563.jpg

Spending this slower wedding season to work on new things, like painting and rediscovering ourselves. This artwork is not originally done by me- I got it from the amazing talented @katiesweetheatheranne, from @sweetheatheranne (whom I met in earlier this year, during one of the workshops we held at @earthandsugar ) who did an extremely beautiful cake design with this! Thank you for inspiring me to try to hold up the brush again, Katie! I hope I’ll be able to paint like you, one day! I’m so happy that we met! ☺️
-
More paintwork coming up for this last quarter’s wedding season and we are just so psyched!

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2784.jpg

Back from a Long weekend of break (it’s our little island’s, Singapore’s National Day ) We are all feeling really rejuvenated, well rested and are ready to tackle the upcoming wedding season.
For those who are still wondering we only have a few slots left and we will be closed for custom orders for the year! - (Photo taken from a recent private workshop, which was pretty epic and intense, but so worth it)
#winifredkristecake #privateworkshop #sugarflowers #weddingcakes #gumpaste #waferpaper

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2879.jpg

2878.jpg

LONDON! We are coming❤️
-
17,18,19 October // Fruity Floral Garden Cake design
20 October // Juliet Garden Rose
Two classes focus on different techniques- I’ll personally be going through the A-Z steps of building a cake design:
—— Learn the fundamentals of colour theory and how to apply to designing a cake design
Learn how to create beautiful Classic Rose, Hydrangeas, Fruits and Foliages
Learn how to manipulate the gum paste to achieve a very organic flow to the petals
Learn the skills of colouring technique in Earthy and realistic blush tones to bring out the life in the sugar flowers that I apply in my work & cake designs.
Learn how to tie the Sugar Flowers you have created and assemble their very own style. -
More details on our IG stories, and do contact our lovely host @dawnweltoncake for more details on the workshops ☺️ #winifredkristecake #workshop #sugarflowers #handmade #gumpaste #cakedesign

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2908.jpg

Haven’t gotten down to piping flowers in a looooong time, definitely a good feeling coming back at it after 7 years (loads have changed I must say). Here’s a sneak- personally love this cute one a lot! Full cake design will be on the next post. Meanwhile, letting you in on a sweet treat, check out our IG stories to take a wallpaper screenshot of this, and let this be a way we silently (but nicely), be part of your lives -
#winifredkristecake #sugarflowers #weddingcakes #gumpaste #cakedecorating

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2948.jpg

Color-blocking’ with florals
-
It’s true- this is the first time I picked up my piping bag to pipe floral designs again after a good 7 years of rest. Well, all thanks to @cynzcakes and her signature cake designs, I was truly so inspired after taking her online class on @ifimade! She inspired me to pick up the piping bag again to do something I shoved aside for a good 7 years. So, thank you Cynthia! this has been so fun I can’t wait to do more cakes like this. Also, I accidentally mixed a Peanut Butter shade and gave myself a good chuckle -
(P.s. No buttercream or royal icing was used to pipe)
-
#winifredkristecake #sugarflowers #cakedecorating #weddingcakes

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
2974.jpg

Done by student during a private workshop, breaking them down, in summary.... we - Stacked cake tiers Concealed ugly spots from stacking Worked on design direction
Covered colour theory in designing a cake and dusting flowers Made all sugar flowers and this was the final result! We sneakily added some wafer paper in there too, can you spot? ;)
Had loads of fun!!!! -
#winifredkristecake #privateworkshop #cakedesign #dried #sugarflowers #gumpaste #waferpaper

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
3199.jpg

Its been a pretty intense week behind the scene and we can’t wait to show you guys what’s cookingFor now, we are really excited for this wafer paper class this weekend! Peonies and Ranunculuses and my absolute favourite flowers to make, we’ve also noticed your requests for a new class on this so good news, we are opening one more class! If you don’t want to miss out on the announcement, just head to our website and join the waiting list of this class and you will be notified the moment we re-launch a new class for these this is gonna be the last local class for 2019 before we resume in 2020, so make sure you don’t miss it if this is something up your alley! -
#winifredkristecake #waferpaper #workshop #waferpaperflowers #peonies

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
3231.jpg

For a very special lady in my life❤️ All done in her favourite Fall colours (which happens to be mine too that’s why she’s special ) Floral piping style inspired by the lady who started it all @cynzcakes and the one who got me to pick up the piping bag again after shoving it aside for 7 years. This is really therapeutic! ❤️ -
#winifredkristecake #buttercream #piping #Fall #Fallcolours

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
3387.jpg

HAND-PAINTED.
Giving these koi fishes a little limelight before they go onto the final cake. This is going to make an 80 year old man very happy (or at least I hope!!) Also, I’m really happy to move out of comfort zone of sugar flowers and attempting something different, but still fall within the premises of my interests. -
Fully edible and painted on fondant.
(Watch the painting process on our IGTV section!☺️) -
#handpainted #winifredkristecake #fondant #handmade #art #koifish

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
3430.jpg

P E O N Y -
Spent some hours layering this #waferpaper beast here and I’m really happy with it it’s a colour that I’ve never attempted but during the workshop last weekend, I decided to try something new as a demo for the students and this was where it led me. Will be sharing the students’ work on IG stories as well, see you there?;) -
And also good news! We just opened 1 more class for this previously sold out wafer paper peony and ranunculus class, this will be the last local class we will be holding until 2020 so make sure you don’t miss out on it! LINK IN BIO
#winifredkristecake #waferpaperflower #peony #coral

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
3800.jpg

3799.jpg

3798.jpg

3797.jpg

3796.jpg

3795.jpg

First class of 2020 out on our website! If you have missed the previous 2 classes on Basic Wafer Paper workshop, here’s chance now Swipe to see some behind the scene, in basic classes we run through the colour theory, handling and studying of different shapes of flowers, so you will be equipped with a set of strong foundational skill set to take you further. More classes will also be rolled out in the upcoming month so make sure you keep an eye out for it, or subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest updates ✨
#winifredkristecake #sugarflower #waferpaper #workshop #handmade

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
3997.jpg

Probably the grandest 80th Birthday cake I’ve done. Handmade and hand-painted Koi fishes, marbling texture, 24k gold foil. 28” tall. Definitely something off the beaten path for me but I’m happy how this turned out and I’m always happy to have clients trust me do cakes of such scale -
#winifredkristecake #handpainted #koi #birthday

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4073.jpg

4072.jpg

4071.jpg

4070.jpg

LONDON
(Swipe to see more)
17,18,19 October // Fruity Floral Garden Cake design
20 October // Juliet Garden Rose
Two classes focus on different techniques- I’ll personally be going through the A-Z steps of building a cake design:
—— Learn the fundamentals of colour theory and how to apply to designing a cake design
Learn how to manipulate the gum paste to achieve a very organic flow to the petals
Learn the skills of colouring technique in Earthy and realistic blush tones to bring out the life in the sugar flowers that I apply in my work & cake designs.
Learn how to tie the Sugar Flowers you have created and assemble their very own style. -
More details on our IG stories, and do contact our lovely host @dawnweltoncakeschool for more details on the workshops ☺️ #winifredkristecake #workshop #sugarflowers #gumpaste #cakedesign

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4640.jpg

If you haven’t heard, we are going LIVE on the 10th October, Thursday, 5pm Singapore time- for a live Q&A sessions! Last week we asked you guys to send us questions that you would like to know, anything about cake and business. You asked, so we are going to help answer them! They’re really good questions by the way! if you guys are interested to find out what they are, I’ve placed them in the IG highlights☝ -
BONUS: We have also invited Rosetta from @swtspotcakes for this session so you’re going to learn soooo much from this, we promise! (Turn On the Notification for this under “following” in the bio so you won’t miss this exciting and Informative LIVE session!) SEE YOU GUYS ON THE 10TH OCTOBER! -
#winifredkristecake #waferpaper #sugarflowers

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4680.jpg

A brand new day presents us with new hope and energy to keep working towards our goals -
We have received a few questions on our LIVE Q&A session coming up this Thursday, on the 10th October, 5pm Singapore time(see IG highlights go get a preview on the topics we will be talking about)- that you are in a different country/continent and the timing may not be ideal for you, don’t worry! We will save the LIVE story and you will get to watch the replay for the next 24 hours after it ends
#winifredkristecake #studio

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4735.jpg

LONDON! ❤️ 17,18,19 October // Fruity Floral Garden Cake design
20 October // Juliet Garden Rose (Check our our IG highlights for more information)
More details on our IG stories, and do contact our lovely host @dawnweltoncakeschool for more details on the workshops ☺️ #winifredkristecake #workshop #london #cakedesign #sugarflowers

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4765.jpg

Sending some ☕️ love to all my coffee lovers here on a hump day! Loads of cakes, work and planning for 2020 workshop schedule on the way, and we can’t wait to share them with you! See you guys here LIVE tomorrow! 10th October, 5PM Singapore time (turn on notification so you won’t miss out on it, head to our IG stories to see how you can do that!)

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4932.jpg

Sending some positive energy on the first day of the week! Sometimes we get so busy trying to achieve certain goals that we may forgotten that the littlest thing in your everyday life has the biggest ability to make you happy.
I was reminded of this in a conversation I had yesterday, the presence and the evolvement of social media- like everything else, brings with it both pros and cons. We just need to remind ourselves that, at the end of the day, choose what makes you happy. You do not have to be the fastest, or the best- because that sounds like a conclusive goal that renders a lot of stress in people I know of. What is that little thing in your every day life that makes you happy? For example, for me, it doesn’t have to be winning any competition, and that’s why I never want to be in one, because I don’t really see the point of it, for me, I just love creating. When you feel happy, the people around you and the people you serve will feel it, it has a powerful ripple effect. Use that as your source of energy to keep living your beautiful life ❤️ -
#winifredkristecake #waferpaper #sugarflower #cakedesign #julietgardenrose

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
4933.jpg

Soaking in Fall tones, over and over again Our first 2020 workshop for this is already sold out~ just want to give thanks for all the support, also thank you for investing to upgrade yourself!
I always truly believe constantly learning is the best form of investment you can do for yourself -
-
(P.S. good news;) This is also coming to next year!!! make sure you’re on our mailing list to get the latest updates) -
#winifredkristecake #waferpaperflowers #waferpaper #ranunculus #honey

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
5197.jpg

I waited all day for someone to walk through our door to tell me they want succulents for their wedding cake. And YES this day finally came!!! Thank you Fred & Jasline for trusting us with this, every single succulent is made from #gumpaste, shaped exactly into what we have in mind. #winifredkristecake #gumpaste #sugarflowers #rustic

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
5266.jpg

It’s been truly a lovely and busy year, injected with very heartwarming sense of fulfilment- filling our souls more than to our heart’s content. Just got back from the series of workshops in London hosted by the lovely @dawnweltoncakeschool and ready to power through this wedding season. Will share more photos soon!
-
We are happy to announce that we are fully booked for the year 2019. Extremely grateful to every couple who came forward and trusted us with what we do
-
Always a gentle reminder, a good and safe lead time will be to reach out to us 3-6 months in advance -
#winifredkristecake #weddingcakes #sugarflowers #handpainted

Winifred Kristé Cake

Wedding Cakes
5308.jpg

Assembling the final results of a private workshop session. This is my favourite part- of course, always a tough fight between this and the transferring of knowledge and all the coffee in between. X
Looking at this always reminds me of the reason why I started all of these 9 years ago- today’s cake & craft world is so different from almost a decade ago but my source of energy for all of these stays the same. Always thankful for everyone we have crossed paths with ❤️ -
#winifredkristecake #privateworkshop #sugarflowers #gumpaste #waferpaper