What are the issues that crop up between you and your spouse to be when planning the wedding?

Lilly1232

Hi,

Me and my partner haven’t had any disagreements. The most important thing is to plan everything out and talk about what you want each want and make compromise.

One of the big issue might be money, me and my partner are paying for our wedding we are both adding in 50% each to our savings. Also we are both pretty easy going.

My advise would be sit down and work out what each of you would like
Make a budget and keep it.
Also decide on how many guest you want and can afford.
We are playing everting with our savings and not taking loan or credit card.

Also you need to find out what your family xoexts and the same for his. Again we are different as both our family is letting this day be about us and what we want.

Akow

Hi,

Me and my partner haven’t had any disagreements. The most important thing is to plan everything out and talk about what you want each want and make compromise.

One of the big issue might be money, me and my partner are paying for our wedding we are both adding in 50% each to our savings. Also we are both pretty easy going.

My advise would be sit down and work out what each of you would like
Make a budget and keep it.
Also decide on how many guest you want and can afford.
We are playing everting with our savings and not taking loan or credit card.

Also you need to find out what your family xoexts and the same for his. Again we are different as both our family is letting this day be about us and what we want.

you should consider paying by credit cards, they offer good rebates so can have some savings.

Lilly1232

you should consider paying by credit cards, they offer good rebates so can have some savings.
Thanks for the recommendation however we both decided not to us any credit cards.

In the end we still have to pay back what was charged on the card plus interest so in the long run you might think you are saving but you end up spending more.

This way we know that all the money we have is on hand and don’t have to worry about going into dept to pay of any credit card bills.

eang18

Hi,

would like to hear your sharing so that can avoid any potential conflicts.

thanks

Expected number of tables (guests) on both side - many nice venues is either great for 18 (fits up to 22), or great for 24 (fits up to 30), but you don’t want to maximise the table as it will become very cramp and spoilt the nice venue. It will be sad to quarrel over this.

Where to do gatecrash - due to certain reasons, sometime parents doesn’t want gatecrash to be in their home

What time to do your solemnisation - if you do it too early, end up your relatives have to wait out hours in the hotel for your lunch/ dinner

Where/ what time to do your tea ceremony, same as above ...

MUA for your mum and in law and what time ... if you use the same MUA for both ... one has to sacrifice and do extra early

I can think of many many more hahahaha ...

eang18

Thanks for the recommendation however we both decided not to us any credit cards.

In the end we still have to pay back what was charged on the card plus interest so in the long run you might think you are saving but you end up spending more.

This way we know that all the money we have is on hand and don’t have to worry about going into dept to pay of any credit card bills.

You can still use credit card to pay, and then immediate pay off the charge via a cash ... I agree credit card has great discount and promo ... and if you book venue real early ... you may plan the payment every month and then payoff the credit in cash ... and then use the rebate or points to reward yourself... I did the same for my own wedding and by our actual day ... there almost nothing to pay, except the extra 2 bottles ... the miles earned was used for our honeymoon

felirocious

You can still use credit card to pay, and then immediate pay off the charge via a cash ... I agree credit card has great discount and promo ... and if you book venue real early ... you may plan the payment every month and then payoff the credit in cash ... and then use the rebate or points to reward yourself... I did the same for my own wedding and by our actual day ... there almost nothing to pay, except the extra 2 bottles ... the miles earned was used for our honeymoon

I’m thankful for the monthly payment which I can make with my CC so as to earn that rebate. Although it may seem little but once accumulated, it’s pretty handful. The only inconvenience is making sure I make my payment but I find it worthwhile. :)

Cheers but it depends on how individual sees.