Wedding Shoes^_^

jaspanda

thanks missy.
Any recommendation for peni and manicure? Anyone has good recommendation? I'm new in this area. Never thought of making myself having so many things.

minssy

hi jasda,

i go to here one
happy.gif

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/404/1513.html?1134657406

jaspanda

Thanks minssy. Is it advisable to go peni and mani before PS and ROM? I'm thinking of going there only before AD.
happy.gif
to save some haha...

minssy

hi jasda,

classic mani $20
classic pedi $30
by right its $50 but if you do both at the same time, normally its slightly cheaper..

btw, we are in the wrong thread. if you wanna know more stuff, we can chat in the link i posted earlier else you can PM me instead...

puay_kheng

Hi All

I've got a value of S$257.25 (incl of GST) at Paradox for sale. Looking to sell at S$220 (neg). Anyone interested, pls sms me. My mobile no. is 97913032.

puay_kheng

Hi new bride - my e-mail to you got bounced back.

I'm not selling the shoes but the value that I have with Essex Walk which sells Paradox London shoes. If you are interested, pls let me know. The value is still available.

tenq

For those who need high shoes. I managed to buy 4 inch shoes from 3rd storey of Lucky plaze, Beverly Hills Polo Club. quoted me $89 but i bargained for $65 (paid by nets). They have 5 inch or 6 inch ones too. Design is simple.

joia

Hi ladies,

Agree with tissuebox that City Plaza sells 4" shoes that are suitable for wedding. I bought my wedding shoe below from a shop there too at $65 only. Like the champange color which is more unqiue instead of a silver pair. Forgot to note the name of the shop, but it's on a second floor, a corner unit. (pardon the poor quality of photo)

Bought an earlier pair but my FH misplaced it. Heart pain
sad.gif
The earlier pair bought from Metro, Vivie brand at $79.

354962.jpg
354963.jpg

jacquise

Susan

This pair is great! Me only 1.55m. Need a 4-inch one. I believe this is 4"?

City Plaza is at Geylang Serai area right?

joia

Hi Jacquise,

Yipe it's area that area.

This month Femals Brides magazine featured very nice wedding shoes too.

clouds_54

Hi girls

I hv a brand new pair of open toe silver shoes to let go. It's size 6 and abt 3.75" high. I got it at a good price. Interested parties can send me a pte msg here and I'll send you the pics. Thanks!

blueflower

hi
any one wears 1-2 inches heels for wedding shoes? cos i am rather tall (abt 1.68m and my FH is abt 1.77m) so dun wanna to tower over him..pls advise..thanks!

ivied

hi blueflower,
I'm also wearing a 2 inches high shoes on my AD. actually, it does not matter as long as you are comfortable in it.

xy78

Hi Blueflower,

I also got the same situation as you. I customised a pair of 1 1/2 inch shoe from Leapin Lizard recently. I told the lady boss to grind 0.5cm off the heels for me to replace the height of the rubber just right below the heels.

From my understanding, they can only grind off up to 1cm only, but got to pay a fee for that.

hapict

er ppl still wear heels with a bit of platform in front right? is it comfy to walk in? i also need these cos 20cm difference in height also bet me n FH...

listan

I think my shoes is 2.5"? A very simple diamonte shoes from Studios. My dress is lined on the empire line a 2-liner diamonte, so is the veil (1-liner), think should match.

450732.jpg

huiz

Like Lissy, I got both my WG and EG shoes from Tangs. The one in the 2nd pic is the EG shoes but it initially came without the diamontes in the middle. I added those in myself

454969.jpg

454970.jpg

listan

huiz.. wow.. !!!! That's wonderful work there, I super support DIY! My dress is not too long, just had my wedding on 01 Feb, went for honeymoon right after the lunch reception.. (hee. whachy arh???) the pics are not ready yet, but friends are sending me the pics they took on their own cam. This is how my shoes look.

454982.jpg

This picture is a little exposed on the light, can see the shoe? I DIY my veil also, which I sewn the gathered veil on the barrette (clip) and a diamond strip over it. To match my dress.

I am quite a DIY queen though, DIY makeup, DIY hair, DIY wedding favor, sighboard, ang pow box.. and I can't remember all..hahaa

huiz

Hoho, lissy, we have met our match! I am a super DIY person too.... here's the ang pow box, wrist corsage and invitations I had made... all from scratch. There are more I have done too
happy.gif

455023.jpg

455024.jpg

455025.jpg

455026.jpg

listan

*faintz*

You are good!!!!! I DIY my own wedding card too.. hahaha.. you may view them at my wedding website (DIY too) http://mikeliswedding.simpleartsplanet.com/

Hahaa... but then, there is just so much satisfaction! Then, I really train my ears to listen to what others have to say about them on my wedding. hahhaaa.. Then again.. I filter the less favorable ones.. hahaha.. Cos after all, I want to enjoy the fun of wedding, so I'd rather please myself with the positive feedback. (denial arh?? hahhaa)

huiz

Hee thanks. I love to meddle around with crafts
happy.gif

I am now accessing your site. U can see all that I have done at www.huiz.shutterfly.com

I just completed my PS album (for those proofs that we didn't choose) last night
happy.gif

455062.jpg

sunflower44

Hi Huiz,

ur DIY shoes looks great!
Can ask u, where u bought those diamontes from?
What kind of glue did u use to stick to the shoes so they wun come off easily? =)

huiz

Hi Sunflower,

I got my diamontes from an Indian shop at Arab Street. They sell lotsa sequins, crystals and diamontes. I got mine from this shop next to a Chinese flower shop.

I bought elephant glue. Quite steady. But try not to use UHU. Messy and not too strong
happy.gif

monster6

Hi lissy,

I must say u're 1 amazing gal! i admire the casual way u had ur wedding.not much stress,i believe.I'm still wondering how u can do so much by urself.

I'm getting ROM-ed soon.& there are still lots of loose ends to tie up.I've been so tired these days,trying to do all these stuff,plus working.

listan

Hi monster6, mindset formulating was a very important step we took throughout from the plannng of wedding till now the post-wedding stuffs.

Can't believe so much to do with the post-wedding eh?

sidetrack a bit. my photos are ready to be viewed at http://mikeliswedding.simpleartsplanet.com/photo_album.html
(yes, the photos are added with exotic ingredients: wacky, funny, laughters!)

The entire wedding, I literally had minimal stress, the only stress I had was when my husband had a small conflict with the printer whom I got to print my wedding card. But then, something good came out of it, so I guess that small stress was justified.

Try to be nice to yourself, monster6. I didn't hope for a wedding perfect, so to speak. In fact I was looking forward for any surprises that may meet me along the way. (that I can't plan or design or prevent, so I prepare myself to receive them lor) True enough, watever we plan, some hiccups are bound to come.

When husband fetched me arh, he forgot guo da li items... LOL. funny lah, we always combat hiccups with plenty of laughters lor. We actually had to carry the stuffs back from his home after tea ceremony lor. (LOL) and glad that these were captured in Wayne (photographer from Jon Keng) lens. Now we have lots to giggle about when viewing the pics..hahaa

I am sad the wedding is over.. I so very much want to do it again!!!!

I'm sure you will get fun out of it if you decided to have fun with it. Dun stress arh. stress stress not pretty leow...

sunflower44

Hi Huiz,

Thanks! =)
btw how much do the diamantes cost ah? I'm really an idiot in DIY stuff, so need to ask lotsa questions b4 im confident of DIY-ing! Hehe... =p
Can really save alot leh, imagine those shoes which are sold outside (with blings blings) are so ex! I wun wana buy, wear once and thats it loh...

Monster6,
wheres ur ROM? Ur AD will be this year too?
Try to do ask ur good frens or siblings to help u out if u cant cope... take good care of urself b4 ur ROM k? =)

listan

for super strong bonding, try the epoxy glue available at most DIY shop, those that needs to mix. Comes in 2 tubes. Epoxy glue is fantastic to hold jewellry, crafts. It stinks a little when you first use, but it will go away soon.

Elephant glue is great, the only worry is when you hit on the diamonte, it may come off easily. The reason is that the bonding surface is not wide enough, so that may post a risk of falling off.

(I do craft, so I tried out various types of glue for different usage, hope the info helps)

huiz

Hi Sunflower,

The good thing about the Arab Street shops are that they sell the diamontes by length. If I don't remember wrongly, mine was $40/m and I bought only 0.5m. Even had enough leftover to sell to my friends
happy.gif

huiz

Hi blurblur,

Hmm, depends on what is the thing I am making. Small things within a day or a few days. The corsage can be done within a day. I think I spent the most time doing the AP box. Think I spent more than a week
happy.gif
U can see all the things I had done at www.madamestitch.multiply.com
happy.gif

mintee

wow chanced upon this great thread!
sunflower - haha.. i have the same questions as you do! Am benefiting from your asking!
happy.gif

Huiz - u mentioned diamontes are sold in a string of metres? do they sell in loose pieces of diamontes?

btw gals, anyone has any recommendations where i can find 2.5inch open toe silver heels? preferably wide heels cos I almost never wear high heels and donno wanna trip endlessly on AD... haha... and need the front portion to be as wide as possible cos my foot is rather wide :p
I went from Taka to Wisma to Tangs to Paragon to OG to Plaza Sing today... nearly broke my legs but still can't find a pair that suits my clumsy legs!!! argh!!!

thanks!

huiz

Hi mintee,

As far as I know, I don't think they sell diamontes in loose pieces. U can buy them in a string and try cutting them into loose bits. Take a close look before u buy them to see if its suitable for cutting
happy.gif

sunflower44

mintee,

wow u went to so many places, still cant find ur heels ah? Btw whens ur AD? If its end of the year, maybe still have time to wait loh.. coz usually when its near Chiritmas, more "bling bling" shoes leh.... =p

mintee

haha..ya lor.. i'm very jialat hor, sunflower?
kao_embarrassed.gif

Huiz.. I have no time to custom make lor.. cos need the shoes by Thursday for my final fitting! haha...

jaszho

Hi,

anyone can advise where I can get 1-2 inches high silver heels? Those that I saw are too high for me. I'm 1.75m while my HB is 1.78m

Thanks in advance.