Wedding programmes & cards & verses

kate

Hi, does anyone know of any good websites which has designs of homemade cards, programmes and nice verses? Cos i'm designing those for my wedding (budget *grin*). thanks :)

C

chin leng

Hi Kate,

There is a DIY card designed by Monica, and it is available under the topic Wedding Cards in the subtopic "All Well".

Take a look.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

M

monica eng

hmmm, could be the fonts. Did you download the fonts too?? Save it in ur fonts file

annie

Hi all

Found this site with great suggestions for verses u can put on ur invitation cards.

http://www.ourbeginning.com/ob/statres.nsf/WebEtiquette?OpenView&c=Verse%20Text%20Suggestions

Enjoy!
happy.gif

Annie

kpo

Hey Juan & Annie,

thank you both for your great recommendations. Found some interesting verses which I'll be using on my invites
proud.gif
saved me the trouble of cracking my thick skull to think of my own wordings! cheers!
happy.gif

pegsfur

Hello,

A bit blur on this ... we will most probably choose 1 of the invitation cards that the hotel provide since they have a lot of variety. So what are we suppose to print on the card other than the time & venue? And normally what is the price of printing?

kpo

hi pegsfur,

the hotel will be able to advise u on what to print...alternatively, grab hold of someone else's wedding card...adapt and revise from there.

kpo

it's me again...just found my wedding card wordings...thot i'll share with you.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Two lives, two hearts
joined together in friendship
united forever in love.

It is with joy that we,
BRIDE
and
GROOM
together with our families
invite you

………………………………………………………

to share
with us this special moment in our lives
as we celebrate our marriage

on Saturday, 2nd June 2001
at The Ballrom, Level 3
Raffles Hotel
1 Beach Road
Singapore

Cocktails will be served at 7.30 p.m.
Dinner will be held promptly at 8.00 p.m.

Please R.S.V.P. by XX
Bride's Tel:
Groom's Tel:
Email:

pegsfur

Hi kpo,

So those are all the words u printed? How do they charge? Btw, did u use the same card for friends & relatives? I mean, most older pple can't read english right? So we print another chinese version? REally have no idea at all

kpo

hi pegsfur,

my cards/printing were paid for by the hotel. we only had to pay extra for hot-stamping ($50) and extra cards ($1.50/card).

i only have 1-version...only english, no chinese version.

usually, ppl will print the english wordings on the left side of the card and chinese wordings (vertical) on the right side of card.

normally, printers will provide you with some wedding card "templates" and all u need to do is to fill in the details (i.e. wedding date, bride/groom names, parents of bride/groom, venue etc..) & they'll do the rest for u (i.e. layout, wordings).

sunny

hi all,
this may sound stupid but i'll like to find out what kind of pen did u use to write ur invites ?

peanuts

Hi Sunny

I have seen a lot of friends using a Gold/Silver ink pen for writing depending on whether you have gold/silver print in your cards.

I've also seen people who takes extra care to write the names in calligraphy, but very time consuming.

If not, can buy those transparent labels to print and stick on it, very nice and can do proof reading later, but no personal touch lor. Unless you print the card totally yourself.

Hope my info helps.
happy.gif

sunny

Thanks Peanuts !!
happy.gif

i also like calligraphy but really too time consuming n me also duno how to write lah.

C

carie

HELP!!! I need to print programmes and fast. My wedding is exactly 20 days away. I want to print them myself, but I have no idea what goes into the programme. Can anyone give me a clue what a programme is supposed to look like?

capricorn

Hi Carie

Are you referring to a church ceremony programme, or just for the reception? I've done one 3-fold card for my wedding but it's for the dinner reception. The evening programme (cos I had my solemnisation on the same evening), the menu and my helpers' list were printed on the inside page. Let me know if you are interested - i will try to scan a copy and show it to you.

C

chupachup

Hi Capricorn

I am interested to have a look at your invite card cos i'm currently preparing one for my wedding.

Appreciate if u can email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

C

carie

Hi Capricorn,

Yes please! That's exactly what I'm talking about. I would really appreciate it if you could let me take a look at your programme. Did you print it yourself?

Thank you. You're a life saver!

email: [email protected]

capricorn

hi chupachup n bleuz

sorri...i'm referring to my evening programme card n not e invites. anyway, will try to scan both e invites n programme n email over to you gals!

hi Carie

yeah...i printed e card myself after gathered some ideas fm overseas website. hopefully it'll help u in your prep. will email to you once i managed to scan and upload them! pls be a little patient with me - i m quite hopeless when comes to technical! ;)

swatch

Hi Capricorn,

I will have my solomisation during the wedding dinner also. Can you forward a copy of your programme card and the invitation card also?

Thanks a millions!

capricorn

Hi Carie, Chupachup, Bleuz

I've already 4warded the samples to your email acct - do let me know if e mails didnt get to u!

Hi Swatch

Can i hv your email address so that i can 4ward them to you too? Thanks.

capricorn

Hi Carie

I guess e files r too big - thus may take some time to deliver to your mail acct. I have re-sent the files (in separate parts) to you - let me know if you still do not receive it. Meantime, let me see if i know how to create a link to the website?

Hi Lynn, Usagi

Can I send them over to you once i manage to get conf fm e other gals tt they hv no problem in receiving the files - otherwise you gals may encounter the same problem too. Appr your ustanding.

capricorn

Hi Gals

Hurray!!!! I have finally managed to download e photos to yahoo photo album! I have already sent e link, together with the doc (in separate mails) to your respective email accts - do let me know if it didnt get to you! Cheers...

C

carie

Hi Capricorn,

I got the file. It looks super. Did you do that all by yourself? I like the "Joyous Knot" theme. That was a nice personal touch. Thanx so much for sending the file to me. Now I"ve a better idea of what to do.

winter

Hi Capricorn!

I'm also having my solemnisation before the wedding, and would like to get some ideas from you if you don't mind sharing.

Could you please send the link to me?

[email protected]

Thanks so much!
happy.gif

capricorn

Hi Carie

Glad to hear tt u've got e files - but then i just realised tt i've attached e wrong word doc! (tt version was prepared by my wedding planner!) can u check yr mail again for the correct version! Sorry! Yup..i have printed the cards myself (excluding e cover pg which was bought off-shelf) with e help of my dear sis!

Hi Winter, WhiteRose and Carol

The link is on the way to your email - check it out! tks!

capricorn

Hi Katie, Jellybeans and Linda

Hv 4warded the link to your email acct! Let me know if u've any problem in accessing the link.

winter

Hi Capricorn!

Impressive! I got your email - thanks for sharing! The cards ooozes grandeur - and I'm sure the entire wedding affair's the same!!
happy.gif

Thank U!

capricorn

Hi Winter

Wow..ur compliments really made my day! ;) believe me, your wedding will turn out to be a great one too! ;)

Hi WhiteRose - u r welcome! let me know if i can be of further help!

jellybeans

Hi Capricorn,

Thanks for sharing. It looks fantastic & classy. Bet lots of people will be in awe when they receive your invitation. BTW, would you mind emailing me the doc file?

Thanks again.

Rgds, jellybeans

D

delany

Hi Capricorn, would you mind sharing it with me since everyone is raving about it ? (You know that I am very kaypoh !!)
my email: [email protected]

thanks ! & Congratulations !