Wedding affected @ Marina Mandarin Renovation

Benjimon

Hi All,

I have met up with a scenario whereby the hotel called me up today to inform us that our wedding will be affected by their renovation works because they will merge/rebrand the Marina Mandarin with Pan Pacific.

They have provided us with 3 options:
1. Change of wedding date
2. Downgrade to smaller ballroom
3. Request to change to smaller ballroom at Pan Pacficic (Ocean) or other Park Royal Hotel s.

We have signed the contract with Marina Mandarin in June on their open house and they did not inform us on their upcoming changes which i have researched.

Marina Mandarin was bought over by UOL on April 2019.
https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...mandarin-hotel

May I check if there are similar couples affected or faced similar situations before?

Thank you.

Cheers

Sherylzh

Hi All,

I have met up with a scenario whereby the hotel called me up today to inform us that our wedding will be affected by their renovation works because they will merge/rebrand the Marina Mandarin with Pan Pacific.

They have provided us with 3 options:
1. Change of wedding date
2. Downgrade to smaller ballroom
3. Request to change to smaller ballroom at Pan Pacficic (Ocean) or other Park Royal Hotel s.

We have signed the contract with Marina Mandarin in June on their open house and they did not inform us on their upcoming changes which i have researched.

Marina Mandarin was bought over by UOL on April 2019.
https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...mandarin-hotel

May I check if there are similar couples affected or faced similar situations before?

Thank you.

Cheers

We encountered this as well. May I know if you have accepted their counter offer? We have asked the coordi if she has heard about the reno at the point of signing. She informed us that at that point no news were cuscaded down to them therefore we proceed to sign.

Benjimon

We encountered this as well. May I know if you have accepted their counter offer? We have asked the coordi if she has heard about the reno at the point of signing. She informed us that at that point no news were cuscaded down to them therefore we proceed to sign.

Hi Sheryl,
We haven't accept the offer because the ballroom she offered is smaller and more squeezy.
Also she claim that Pan Pac's Ocean ballroom is more valuable in terms of money, which we disagree due to the ambience difference.
We have tried to ask for perks for compensating in terms of free seats and free rooms. How about you, is there any perks given?
So now , we just started to relook at other possible venues to host it.
I guess they are smart enough to place a renovation clause inside this contract.

Sherylzh

Hi Sheryl,
We haven't accept the offer because the ballroom she offered is smaller and more squeezy.
Also she claim that Pan Pac's Ocean ballroom is more valuable in terms of money, which we disagree due to the ambience difference.
We have tried to ask for perks for compensating in terms of free seats and free rooms. How about you, is there any perks given?
So now , we just started to relook at other possible venues to host it.
I guess they are smart enough to place a renovation clause inside this contract.

Oh yes! Same fate as you. No other perks. So wanted to see if others got extra perks so we can try to bargain as well. And I totally agree. The ambience is different and the layout is different as well. So we probably will accept unless there is another avail hotel.