Tung Lok (Group) Restaurant

gracian

dear karyinn

i will be holding my wedding dinner at corpthorone orchid hotel, tung kok's charming garden.

they have a ballroom and think can do a 12-tables dinner.

when i booked mine, my contract is 16 tables, now it is 19 tables. think when you start planning your guest list, the tables numbers will grow.

karyinn

Dear all,

Corthorone orchid hotel.. near where?
hhhehe i love Tung Lok food too.. wonder why they don't expand to other hotels..
sad.gif

I will look into the tung lok website to find those that you gals recommend
happy.gif
.. heheh

andrea

Hi Gracian!

I too, will hold my wedding dinner @ Charming Garden! Will you be decorating your ballroom or just accept what they give?

Hi Karyinn,

Corthorne Orchid Hotel is beside Raffles Town Club, along Bt Timah, or the exact shld be Dunearn Rd, I guess

B

bmarried

Hi Gracian,

for less than 20 tables, do you hold it in the restaurant or rent a ballroom?

mickie

i would like to transfer my wedding banquet package with tunglok restaurant..due to some disagreement between my parents and his parents, we decided not to hold any wedding dinner at all even though the perks are good.
sad.gif
...interested parties, pls email me at [email protected]

thanks
sad.gif

popie

Has anyone made reservations at any Tung Lok Groups restaurants? i want to find out more about the prices and food. comments comments.

andreal

hi lynnetan,
i been to paramount restaurant which is under Tung Lok, food was fabulous, ambience oso great. Price wise for 2004 im not too sure...so far i only refer to its Tung Lok website, quite reasonable. If u interested, can check out their fair which was told held every 2/3 mths.

Im looking into Noble Hse under Tung Lok as well in 2005. Wish u the Best!

popie

hi andreal,
yah, been looking around at their website. but cant seem to see the prices. maybe u can tell me exactly which section in the website to look at.
yah, i also looking at noble house. but kind of "blinded" by the porsh-ness of the one at Taka. Think its called Imperial. look so coolz.

meagan

Hi lynne and andreal, i just placed my booking with noble house for dec 2004. You can find the banquet details under 'wedding packages'.

http://www.tunglok.com/pages/06_wedding.php

If u are interested in NH, can try to call Amy. I find that she is friendly and quite experienced in doing weddings based on what she said during our meet-up.

andreal

Hey lynne,
the link dat Meagan posted is the one i referred to heheh. Ooohh..the one at taka, Imperium bery posh and ex ley. Im rather attracted by Pine Valley Restaurant located inside laguna country club but dun know hws the food and ambience.

Meagan!
so u hv booked Noble Hse for ur customary la *grin*. BTW wana ask u...do i hv to wait for the price of 2005 to be released then can book rite? Is the place bery cheena?? i abit worried cos fr the TungLok gallery i see the hall like bery dull :p

So u'll be a dec bride, heard 12.12.04 is a 'hot' date, which date did u choose?

popie

thanks meagan.
went to the webbie and saw the pricing for Imperium. oops. din realise its so ex lor. haha. but well, pay for the "GRANDNESS" bah. ...dream...dream...dream...

andreal, what's Pine Valley Restaurant like? y are you so attracted by it? for me, its very far away. haha. EXPO leh. i'm living in the extreme western side of singapore, so might as well take a plane there. hee. but the environment looks very nice from the pictures. been there to take a look?

mickie

hello girls,

i have a tunglok package urgently need to be transfer(imperium): initially due to some disagreements between my in-laws and parents, but lately my father is sick and hospitalised..
sad.gif
and there wont be a wedding until he is ok.

my actual wedding date is on 28-mar-04 but we can extend to end of 2004 after sharing what happen with the restaurant manager.

If you are interested to hold your wedding with imperium, perhaps you can drop me a mail@silveryflower@yahoo.com.sg to find out more details.

The package is very good and the perks are great..
The cost/table is much less as advertised in the net..

rgds
mickie

meagan

Hi andreal, my date is 5/12/04, lucky the date is not booked cos we start our recceing quite late. No need to wait for 2005 price, you can book now at the current price on contract. Even if it is increased, you will still be charged the original price.

Decor wise, I dun find it cheena leh. Think it is quite nice, well-litted and spacious. They are serving ala carte buffet for dinner at $28 per pax (min 4 pax). Can go eat dinner there and see see look look. =)

If NH is one of your choices, why dun you make a tentative booking first? I think they can hold the date for a while. In case other places are already booked on your date.

steventay

I would also like to find out more regarding Tung Lok restaurant at Paramount Hotel.

TC (tcheng) : wedding banquet is for which restaurant?

sklek

Hi Steven, I am holding my banquet at Paramount Tung Lok. What would you like to find out, maybe I can help?
happy.gif

steventay

i am looking to book my wedding dinner at Paramount Tung Lok next year.

irene: can email me your wedding dinner package ? i have email them, no reply.

TC: what is your dinner package?

my email is [email protected]

thank you.

ginger

Hi

I am thinking of holding my wedding dinner at Tung Tok Restaurant at Liang Court.

Has anyone held her/his wedding there? Heard there are some pillars.

Can share?

Many thanks.

okipoki

Hi Ginger,

I went down to have a look at the restauant last Sunday. If u are booking the entire restaurant that have a max cap of 35 tables, u will expect 14 tables being block reason being these tables will be inside their rooms. Moreover, 2 tables outside will be quite near to the kitchen. Overall, the ambience is nice and can consider if u are taking less tables. Hope these infor helps.

ginger

Hi okipoki

Many thanks for your information. I am looking at 15 to 17 tables only.

There are weddings on this Sunday and 25 April. I will go down and take a look at their deco.

Have u made yr booking?

poohnie

Hi Ginger

If u r looking at 15 - 17..mayb u can try Charming Garden also under Tung Tok at Copthore Orchid n u can also ask for the ballroom instead of the restaurant.

ginger

Hi Poohnie

Thanks for yr recommendation. I have considered Charming Garden as well. I have changed my no. of tables again, now down to 12 or 13 tables.

May have to source around. Are u holding yr wedding dinner there?

poohnie

Hi Ginger

Charming Garden is on my consideration list...I had not decide yet...went down to Charming Garden last month, my hubby n i r quite conmfortable with them.

when is yr big day?

ginger

Hi Poohnie

My big day is 22 October, Friday. I wonder if it is cheaper to hold a wedding on a weekday.

How many tables are aiming?

dottyback

hi katherine

My own wedding banquet wasoso from Tung Lok but its Imperium at Taka

i had attended my frens wedding banquets at Tung Lok orchard parade n liang court but I tink both of them cant b compared wif Imperium sad 2 say..

katherine_k

Hi Serene,

Thank for your reply
happy.gif
The food at Liang Court is tat bad?

May I ask wat is the min tables required and how much do u pay for the package?

dottyback

np Katherine
happy.gif

its not dat bad lah juz dat i felt Imperium's beta...but i tink tunglok at orchard parade chinois is the worst :p i had 2 dinners there n both times sux...svc oso thumbs down lor..

u asking abt Imperium? i cant rem wads the min table liao but i had 33 at $638nett coz a long time fren works there so we got some perks hehe

katherine_k

Morning Serene,

I thght of going to Orchard Parade too but I read in the forum that they are not good so I gave up the idea.

Yup Imperium but I only need 18 tables tat all
happy.gif
I signed up wit Paramount then later our parents dun like the place so we transfer to Liang Court instead. Hope tat everything turns out ok
happy.gif

My big day is in Nov 2005. When is urs?

cassie

had my wedding there in sep. everyone whom i've met up with subsequently says the food is very good and portions are generous, even my MIL, who's very particular
happy.gif
we didn't solicit any feedback so i guess if our friends volunteered the info it should be accurate
happy.gif

only thing is make sure the reserve tables they set aside for you have 10 seats apiece; my MIL commented that one only had 9 so she had to relocate the 10th guest...

cassie

have your parents seen the place? it's got plenty of blockage (walls, pillars, etc) so some ppl may not be able to accept not being able to see the stage

katherine_k

Hi Cassie,
Thank for your reply and advice, I will take note of the reserve table
happy.gif
I got 18 tables n they said tat they can only give me 1 reserve table n I need to confirm wit them 2 days b4 my AD.

No they didnt see the place but I think shd be ok as it is glass n I will try to put my relatives in the main hall n colleagues or friends nearer to entrance. Relatives will tend to make more comment :p Our parents dun like Paramount bcose it is 'messy' as outside are those pubs

Wat perks did u ask from them? Can I see ur pics?

dottyback

Hi katherine

mine's over on the 16 dec'04 hehehe

i tink 18 tables is juz nice 4 liang court coz i attended 1 relatives' dinner there n he had more n the whole plc was so squeezy

haf fun preparing!

cassie

I signed up during one of their fairs and they threw in free flow of beer for my weekend wedding. sorries, don't really like to post our pics up on the net
happy.gif
you could ask when they're having a dinner and go down to take a look. the decor is limited to the stage area and should be pretty standard

katherine_k

Hi Serene,

Mary told me not to have every tables crowd together so she suggested to put 2 or 3 tables in the VIP rooms so everyone will be able to see the stage
happy.gif

Thanks a lot
happy.gif

katherine_k

Hi Cassie,

Mary throw in 1 barrel of beer for me too as mine is on a public holiday but she still give it to me
happy.gif
I understand tat not everyone like to post pics on net
happy.gif

Thanks
happy.gif

katherine_k

Actually I sign wit Paramount but our parents dun like the place as too 'messy' so I transfer to Liang Court on wednesday. I like Paramount interior design but the pubs outside
sad.gif
Tung Lok food standard is not bad but their location not very ideal.