Troublesome groomsmen

Minkishly

I'm doing a traditional march-in for my solemnization because it's always something that I've dreamed about since I was a child. My idea was to have the groomsmen link arms with my bridesmaids and walk up in pairs because I prefer how it looks compared to having them walk in separately.

My bridesmaids have no issues with it at all, but two of the groomsmen are highly unwilling to link arms with my girls. One cited the reason that his gf would be unhappy and even asked my fiance if I could include her as one of my bridesmaids so he could walk down the aisle with her. =.= I've never even said a single word to his gf in my life. We met once over dinner but she decidedly ignored me for the duration of the meal. The other groomsman probably still thinks girls have cooties or something.

I'm not sure if I should relent and just get my girls to walk up alone or maybe just get two pairs to walk up and have the reluctant ones do other duties... and maybe I'll get the other two girls to link arms with each other instead?

Honestly, I didn't think that I'd face resistance on something as small as this. The easy way out would be to just give in, I guess, but I don't think it's very unreasonable of me to ask them to be gentlemen and lend an arm to my bridesmaids for a freaking minute.

Now I'm worried that they'll have issues with the group photo taking because darling girlfriend won't allow him to stand next to other women in a group shot. It's ridiculous!

/rant over

Coco L.

My husband is having trouble finding suitable groomsmen too as my in-laws told us that our friends who are married cannot be part of the wedding entourage. Dunno why they so pang tang. Since my hubby is older, a lot of his friends are already married. As such, he is still short of one xiong-di.

I was searching online and came across this 'rent-a-friend platform' called Pally Asia (www.pally.asia). Has anyone heard or used them before?

Wondering whether it's better to pay to have professional cooperative groomsmen vs. 'troublesome groomsmen'....

Xiaosheep

Sounds familiar, i also have some trouble, my groomsmen used to be my bridesmaid ex-bf so like quite awkward. My friend whom I was a jiemei for, i think she used this service before... let me check with her before replying. Kekeke maybe can get bridesmaid not as pretty as me too

octobride

My husband is having trouble finding suitable groomsmen too as my in-laws told us that our friends who are married cannot be part of the wedding entourage. Dunno why they so pang tang. Since my hubby is older, a lot of his friends are already married. As such, he is still short of one xiong-di.

I was searching online and came across this 'rent-a-friend platform' called Pally Asia (www.pally.asia). Has anyone heard or used them before?

Wondering whether it's better to pay to have professional cooperative groomsmen vs. 'troublesome groomsmen'....

What?! Pay to hire a groomsmen? So weird and there's no friendship between them at all.
If really cannot find then just get a married xiong di? My HTB also got 2 married groomsmen. They volunteered to help, cos their friendship is very good. Can say no meh?
And I also got a divorcee bridesmaid...

octobride

I'm doing a traditional march-in for my solemnization because it's always something that I've dreamed about since I was a child. My idea was to have the groomsmen link arms with my bridesmaids and walk up in pairs because I prefer how it looks compared to having them walk in separately.

My bridesmaids have no issues with it at all, but two of the groomsmen are highly unwilling to link arms with my girls. One cited the reason that his gf would be unhappy and even asked my fiance if I could include her as one of my bridesmaids so he could walk down the aisle with her. =.= I've never even said a single word to his gf in my life. We met once over dinner but she decidedly ignored me for the duration of the meal. The other groomsman probably still thinks girls have cooties or something.

I'm not sure if I should relent and just get my girls to walk up alone or maybe just get two pairs to walk up and have the reluctant ones do other duties... and maybe I'll get the other two girls to link arms with each other instead?

Honestly, I didn't think that I'd face resistance on something as small as this. The easy way out would be to just give in, I guess, but I don't think it's very unreasonable of me to ask them to be gentlemen and lend an arm to my bridesmaids for a freaking minute.

Now I'm worried that they'll have issues with the group photo taking because darling girlfriend won't allow him to stand next to other women in a group shot. It's ridiculous!

/rant over

Really got such guys? Lol! I think most guys will be ok to link arms with girls.....regardless married or in a r/s or not.
Ask your HTB to talk to them about it? No choice lor, ask can help or not.... Tolong abit.

Xiaosheep

Hi Coco L, i chked with my friend, one of groomsman was from Pally Asia!! So qiao, either that or maybe they are bigger or only service provider haha. Anyway ya like quite reliable and helped cre8 atmosphere, main thing for wedding cannot anyhow so in short they're ok kekeke