Tim Palace at Toa Payoh Safra

Eileen_lim

we went to see the place.. lovely high ceiling but we didnt quite like the recept area.. anyway..we signed with Park royal Kitchener

camsumer

attended a wedding there on October 2012..

the only good thing is that its pillarless and can accomodate many tables (i think at least 50) other than that the place is horrible! the food was less than expected and not befitting of the Tim Palace brand.

there was no proper changing room at all and the brides and jiemei had to do their preparation in the restaurant's storeroom with all the wooden table tops and stacked chairs!! it wasn't even air-conditioned..

during the wedding the screen projector went haywire started to show the video of the empty hall next to us instead of our stage hall..this was happening as the bride and groom was walking in so you can imagine the question marks on ppl faces when they see the screen! even when they fixed that and showed whats happening in our wedding hall the projectionist had trouble following the bridge and groom as they walk down the aisle..the camera movement was so choppy and not focused. it's really bad..good thing my friends quite sui bian so they didnt make a big fuss.

another good thing was that they restaurant gave complimentary resort stay for the couple...in Ipoh, Malaysia..

don't take my word for it, it could be just one-off mistakes..better to go ask around for more feedback on the place.

camsumer

yes, it was really bad but to their credit it was probably the first wedding they did since they opened in Safra... hope they improved on all the mistakes made if not its really NOT worth it unless you die-die want to have a wedding banquet at TPY that needs to accommodate 50 tables

yiyi03

Hi Celine,
Can share the details of the package with me?
Interested to sign up with them for wedding next year!
Thanks in advance!

I am going for their wedding show in end June. Will update here for those not going ...

From the photos online, I super loved the place, in fact it was my 1st Choice but i went down liao... The staff very dao... And there is a changing room.... But vvvvv smelly. Like got mould that kind of smell... Only 1 ballroom nice.... End up I left super disappointed but because of this I found a damn nice venue hehehe

1433258762353.jpg
1433258776831.jpg

you are not the only one. i also heard bad reviews abt it...
personally, i went down to take a look. only one ballroom is nice, but for that, u need to fulfill the minimum table criteria. but the pricing is cheap though. and there was a popular blogger who used it recently - Goh Yina

Ya but the previous few I thread I saw online say no changing room.. Now have.. The pictures above that I posted is the nicest room liao..

Pauline SSC

My son wedding ws held at Tim Palace TP , Safra Club. It was bad , right from being given scarcastic remarks to bad service - had to gve ang pow to get a small plate of light sauce to guest had to keep askig for refill of hard liquor , beer and red wine. Managers very "stuck up" , name of bride printed wrongly and had to ask them to quickly print as every table has one card wrongly printed with wrong bride name. No guest arrival card/ book to sign as was stated in contract will be given. Last minute was told to bring our own ang pow box despite being reminded 3 times on this and was stated in contract as given also. sad.

alwaysbooooooo

My son wedding ws held at Tim Palace TP , Safra Club. It was bad , right from being given scarcastic remarks to bad service - had to gve ang pow to get a small plate of light sauce to guest had to keep askig for refill of hard liquor , beer and red wine. Managers very "stuck up" , name of bride printed wrongly and had to ask them to quickly print as every table has one card wrongly printed with wrong bride name. No guest arrival card/ book to sign as was stated in contract will be given. Last minute was told to bring our own ang pow box despite being reminded 3 times on this and was stated in contract as given also. sad.
dont pay them !!!!

Pauline SSC

Problem is they asked for payment even at the time when guests are leaving. Then they are not courteous. I told them about the guest arrival signature book and ang pow box and also the free flow of drinks issue. But she said rudely , when , I dont know , who you speak to . why you dont ask me. when all these while , she is not around and later when she came , her staff loudly and mockly told her that we did not bring ang pow box. she blink and walk away. We even gave these two , ang pows to get the wedding going on smoothly despite all these happening. To think she smile when we give. That is the only time we see her smile. When she replied rudely , when and which staff? , I paid. There was no thank you and nothing. In fact , they started to keep on wanting to clear away plates and quickly end the dinner. Imagine they keep on serving dishes after dishes and the last dish came and end at 9.35pm. after that , they kept on asking , CAN I CLEAR , DO YOU STILL WANT. Imagine as I was paying and guest of one last table still siting down, they were clearing all other tables.. flipping table clothes, throwing plates into a large container , clearing glasses etc...noisy... really bad experience!

alwaysbooooooo

eeeewwwww feel really bad for u.. that was super horrible and what suppose to be a happy event turn out to be a disaster! goodness...can't imagine if that happen to me, i'll definitely %$#^%$@^#%&*!#%^@&*%$#^%$
Write a LONG complain to the higher management and see what they say

Pauline SSC

Well I wrote to the senior manager and yet no reply at all. FYI, even the bride name was wrong. They printed another bridge name. Really wat a big joke

jocielilin

wow.. thanks for sharing, i heard alot of bad reviews for this tim palace. i guess i gonna change my mind. thanks for the info!

Write to them again, pester them, worse come to worse call the press, like that they definitely have to reply to the press. I think you deserve at least an apology.

Pauline SSC

The letter of feedback was addressed to the Senior of all senior managers. But she (Abby) chose not to reply (the least I expect I deserve an apology) . Nothing at all. You may go down and you can feel the rudeness and high almighty people there. Right from the guy who tell you sacarstic remarks like " what else you need, We dont have hands, " to the short malaysian manager who smile only when you gave her the gift and open directly infront of you immediately. After looking and saw it was a set of necklace and earrings then she smile....OMG crazy of highest order". Fortunately , we went through and check the card (menu and host name) on each table and realsie the bride name was wrong. This is reallly crazy.

alwaysbooooooo

well but i really think you should really pester them and get them to answer for it.
and again, you paid them in full. and im pretty sure its not a small amount. they should at LEAST, apologize...
go to press like mentioned, im sure they'll step forward!

Pauline SSC

We are afraid of being snap by those foreigners from China and Malaysian. Really super jia lak , the manner they talk and stare at you.

Pauline SSC

hard to forget as this is something which can re wind back...no guest arrival book...guests were left to wait for re fill of so called "free flow" , managers, captain and waitress are so ERRRRRRR. bridge name wrong...give ang pow to get a refill or light sauce... chasing guest to eat fast or dish will be removed...really hard to forget.. but they are really not replying , bo chap and cannot be bother

alwaysbooooooo

if im in your shoe, i'll go to that place again the very next day and shoot them.
i'll not wait. even if they bo chap, i'll bring it over to the press and im serious abt it or... NOW.. ill write to the press...
stomp about it... make it known to people.

Pauline SSC

yes, super stuck up and answered in a rude and crude manner. We went to the show at community centre and was attended by senior manager so we did not experience the super stuck up attitude till we step into TP intself. However too late as we paid the deposit leow.

jx77

yes, super stuck up and answered in a rude and crude manner. We went to the show at community centre and was attended by senior manager so we did not experience the super stuck up attitude till we step into TP intself. However too late as we paid the deposit leow.

Wat better package u have when u sign up during their show at community centre? Can share?

Pae Wun

Did anybody held your wedding banquet at Tim palace? How was it?
My friend's friend held it there. I went there once also to attn a wedding dinner. Food is OK. One of the brides told me that the bride's changing room is beside a kitchen. The floor quite dirty. Another bride claim it's OK, they have 2 doors.